Quantcast

» «
Photo

The (unbelievably gay) approach to FM gaming in GTAO--A fun guide for

61 replies to this topic

Poll: Gay GTAO gamer test for "good sport" gamers (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you find doing more "gay" non PvP/PKing game play activities in FM interesting?

1. Yes. But I'm in the closet. So I will anonymously admit I'd like to see/do more fun non mission marker activities with randoms in FM around the map (8 votes [17.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.78%

2. Yes. Don't care what anyone thinks of me for wanting to do faggy, fun s*hit like yoga or tennis with other randoms (15 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Yes. Or at least until R* pulls their finger out and gives us new DLC..... (4 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

4. No. I'm a die hard, bullet eating, beat u with my 13 inch dick, hard core PvP FM fanboy (who also happens to be a good sport). Now GTFO. (14 votes [31.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.11%

5. "Good sport" gay GTAO gamers like this actually exist? (4 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

What sort of "gay" non PvP activites would you like to do with other randoms in FM?

1. Impromptu racing activities in FM (drag racing, skydiving off random buildings etc) (25 votes [42.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.37%

2. Making mini games out of existing activities (e.g chain store robberies and evading police etc) (20 votes [33.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.90%

3. Gay holistic activities which may or may not build skill stats (like yoga/tennis to build strength etc) (14 votes [23.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.73%

Have you ever done/want to do creative "gay" PvE RPing with other randoms in FM like RPing a particular role?

1. Yes. in PvE scenarios as a cop/firefighter/vigilante helping (or tormeting) peds in FM (15 votes [28.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

2. Yes. By helping out other players who need it on the map (i.e. help them evade wanted levels etc). (21 votes [39.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.62%

3. PvP mayhem creating scenarios---regardless of whether they piss off other session players or not--is the only way to go (6 votes [11.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.32%

4. Why the f*ck would I want to do any of this? GTFO. Faggot. (11 votes [20.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CriminalHero
  • CriminalHero

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

The internet surely is a weird place.

• Colognenigguh likes this

Longtonguehuey
  • Longtonguehuey

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Love the sarcasm in the op, sadly people missed it and assume he's using "Gay" seriously, and in a negative sense here.

There are great ideas for some Free Mode fun, it's a shame some of these ideas weren't already placed into Online(Triathlon, Hunting, Scuba Diving W/Scuba Gear, Swimming Races, Police Vigilante Work).

there was no sarcasm in the original post, just a bunch of slurs for no reason other than to make it appear as homosexuals would rather parachute and do yoga rather than blowing up tanks and killing people. it's incredibly heteronormative and there's no reason to defend it on any grounds

No. The post hasn't changed much, if at all.

Perhaps a naivety was shown on the part of the OP in so much as he hasn't catered for those of a sensitive (hair trigger?) disposition. But he certainly used the term 'gay' with a heavy dose of sarcasm.
  • .Polar_Bear. and 2Chains4Bracelets like this

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by Crimson_Wolf, 30 October 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Love the sarcasm in the op, sadly people missed it and assume he's using "Gay" seriously, and in a negative sense here.

There are great ideas for some Free Mode fun, it's a shame some of these ideas weren't already placed into Online(Triathlon, Hunting, Scuba Diving W/Scuba Gear, Swimming Races, Police Vigilante Work). 

there was no sarcasm in the original post, just a bunch of slurs for no reason other than to make it appear as homosexuals would rather parachute and do yoga rather than blowing up tanks and killing people. it's incredibly heteronormative and there's no reason to defend it on any grounds

Different views I guess.

any view that demeans people for their sexuality isn't one you should hold

For the record, I'm a homosexual, and I think he's being sarcastic.  To ME, it looks like he thought there would be trolls and immature forum members that would call him gay or a fag for these ideas and decided to "beat them to it".

• Longtonguehuey and 2Chains4Bracelets like this

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Any who, another activity for FM: 

Crane Top Fight Club.

Just get as many people on to a construction crane, and duke it out with each other, last one still on the Crane wins.  There is also the Demolition Derby on top of the Maze Building, that's just crazy as f*ck.

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

a couple things worth mentioning.

cable car doesn't work online.

no cougars online.

no snorkel gear online.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

no cougars online.

no snorkel gear online.

I knew about the Snorkel gear but the other  two are news to me...  that just sucks.  How can the cable car not even work online when trains can? 

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

At first I favored PVE, but now that mercenaries, bounties, crate drops, and high paying vehicles are in the mix, it adds some pvp elements to the game aside from races and deathmatches, which is awesome. After implementing many of the features from various in-game contacts from the phone, its possible to gain enemies without even getting in close proximity which makes the game both more fun and challenging.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

To much puerile gay stuff. Can't read a bunch of childish bigoted insults form some kid.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

I love the contradictory nature of memes on a forum...

They're supposed to portray a fellas bored indifference....and yet.....

All I see is effort and a longing to be accepted.

To the OP, some nice ideas although I think some of them may be impossible (does the cable car even run in MP?)

looks like moon decided to reopen this :lol:

anyhow, besides the stuff I've done, this is an idea thread of sorts for ppl to suggest fun, creative things to do in FM outside of missions with other randoms. Or at least until we get the heist creation tool kit. If the skytram doesn't exist now, it might in a later patch and/or with DLC.  R* did say this whole online experience is supposed to be a dynamic WIP right? 

So basically suggest activities which are an alternative to the everyday grind of the PvP death match which FM has unfortunately devolved into. :lol:

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:05 AM Edited by PkUnzipper, 31 October 2013 - 12:08 AM.

no cougars online.

no snorkel gear online.

I knew about the Snorkel gear but the other  two are news to me...  that just sucks.  How can the cable car not even work online when trains can? 

I wish ppl would learn to read. Repeating here from my 1st post: This was supposed to be an ideas/suggestion thread.  So some activities/things are currently possible.  Others are not as you've indicated.

R* did indicate GTAO was supposed to be a WIP right?  So it's quite feasible we COULD get these features in at a future date. At least once they've resolved all the pressing server issues and ppl's missing chars/property that is.

Besides we're still waiting on that stimulus to come out--if they ever do plan on releasing it that is.  So we could conceivably get new game features in a new patch with something like this etc.

• .Polar_Bear. likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

What of the poll options?

1 No. I'm a die hard, bullet eating, beat u with my 13 inch dick, hard core PvP FM fanboy (who also happens to be a good sport). Now GTFO.

2 Why the f*ck would I want to do any of this? GTFO. fa**ot

3 Yes. Don't care what anyone thinks of me for wanting to do faggy, fun s*hit like yoga or tennis with other randoms

I don't care what the intent is, the OP wrote this in such a manner that he comes off as a 15 year old.

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

This kind of homophobic s**t needs to be taken down.

People who think calling others gay is funny/insulting have a serious problem.

OP, why you so straight? Do you see how ridiculous that looks?

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:22 AM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 31 October 2013 - 12:23 AM.

Disregard.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

Wow.....

I am at a loss for words here.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

Different views I guess.

The OP is clearly attempting to satirise people who hold those views, rather than express them himself. Personally I think he's done a terrible job of it but that's clearly what he was trying to do. (Or she).

That said, you're obviously entitled to find that objectionable. Just know that its an attempt to mock 'hetetonormatives' not agree with them...
  • Longtonguehuey likes this

Longtonguehuey
  • Longtonguehuey

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

I love the contradictory nature of memes on a forum...
They're supposed to portray a fellas bored indifference....and yet.....
All I see is effort and a longing to be accepted.
To the OP, some nice ideas although I think some of them may be impossible (does the cable car even run in MP?)

looks like moon decided to reopen this :lol:

anyhow, besides the stuff I've done, this is an idea thread of sorts for ppl to suggest fun, creative things to do in FM outside of missions with other randoms. Or at least until we get the heist creation tool kit. If the skytram doesn't exist now, it might in a later patch and/or with DLC.  R* did say this whole online experience is supposed to be a dynamic WIP right? 

So basically suggest activities which are an alternative to the everyday grind of the PvP death match which FM has unfortunately devolved into. :lol:

I think you should redo this thread.

I think your effort to disarm the usual suspects has backfired.

Hung by your own petard....as it were.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

Different views I guess.

The OP is clearly attempting to satirise people who hold those views, rather than express them himself. Personally I think he's done a terrible job of it but that's clearly what he was trying to do. (Or she).

That said, you're obviously entitled to find that objectionable. Just know that its an attempt to mock 'hetetonormatives' not agree with them...

If the OP wanted to have a serious conversation about this stuff he should have not worded it as an offensive satire.

FarVision
  • FarVision

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

Lex-Steele-RGF-sig.jpg

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

I love the idea of getting people together to actually play together and do fun stuff together.
It's the players that ruin this game.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

The internet surely is a weird place.

Who let this guy in?

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

Different views I guess.

Based on theAdmiral and D_Marco's responses, I'm relieved we have at least ONE independent (and clear) thinker in this thread  :lol: 

@theAdmiral and D_Marco: Goodness. Did you just receive an epiphany? Did your olfactory senses suddenly become awakened to all the trash talking, below-the-belt, racial epithet, "locker room" speak, AND misogyny which over saturates the GTA  fan boy gaming culture?  Or how about right here in these forums? You've never been subject to such colorful banter in online lobbies? 

If we're turning on the PC meter, then based on the righteous indignation you've conveyed in both your posts: are you not also dismayed by the misogynistic way in which female gamers have been portrayed by R*?  Or verbally disparaged by their male peers online? Most of whom aren't even old enough to vote yet in these lobbies?  If you did crusade against such wrongs to female gamers, did you proactively do it before your male friends online?

If not, I'd say that's pretty hypocritical of you.  Because trying to inject PC into a forum where it's a cultural hyper norm to spew racial, homophobic and misogynistic vernacular on a 24/7 basis, is just plain silly IMO.  If I didn't know better, I'd swear you're trying to turn the thread into some sort of a bully pulpit over gay rights  :miranda:

Well if it makes you feel any better, I'll be the first one to tell you that you're entitled to your opinion and you're free to call me homophobic or whatever else you wish.  :rol:  

Because the last time I checked, this was still a free country with all first amendment rights still intact. :lol:

• 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:24 AM Edited by theadmiral, 31 October 2013 - 01:25 AM.

Just because it is common to spew racial, homophobic, and misogynistic vernacular on this forum does not mean that you should do so, or that it is funny.

It also makes certain that your post, that you obviously worked hard on, will not be taken seriously. You are free to do whatever you like (although some of that stuff is against the rules here, even though much of it slips past the mods). I just think that you would have a much better discussion here if you did not form your "thesis post" in the manner that a 15 year old would, talking about 13 inch dicks, fags, and homos.

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

Aerial jousting in helis
Dog fights
Aerobicatats flying
Follow the leader

Atc and air traffic roleplay

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:05 AM Edited by PkUnzipper, 31 October 2013 - 02:06 AM.

Just because it is common to spew racial, homophobic, and misogynistic vernacular on this forum does not mean that you should do so, or that it is funny.

It also makes certain that your post, that you obviously worked hard on, will not be taken seriously. You are free to do whatever you like (although some of that stuff is against the rules here, even though much of it slips past the mods). I just think that you would have a much better discussion here if you did not form your "thesis post" in the manner that a 15 year old would, talking about 13 inch dicks, fags, and homos.

***has added Crimson_Wolf to the list of enlightened ppl in these forums***

@theAdmiral: the last time I checked, the word "gay" in the English (not American English) dictionary conotated happiness.  The word "fa**ot" originated from a medieval word for a bundle of wood/sticks [/end of sarcasm]

Now let's be honest here: If I wrote the post in proper English and grammar, with non existent vulgarity and inflammatory terms, it wouldn't have appealed to the community on this site.  It would've most likely sank to the bottom of this forum by now--faster than a chicken into the Marianas Trench with the Titantic tied to its leg. :lol:

But all j/king aside and as I've said, you're entitled to your opinion. So if this thread offends you because of the lack of PC, then you don't have to respond to the post. 

Finally and respectfully, you also retain the right to ignore the thread completely, and cease trying to derail it with what I perceive to be off topic, politically/socially PC conscious tangents.   An official off topic community forum actually exists which is more appropriate for discussing what you're continuously insinuating and accusing me of you know.

KingJay
  • KingJay

BTNHLegacy

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:08 AM Edited by KingJay, 31 October 2013 - 03:09 AM.

For all the people that constantly comment "TL;DR I'm a retard duuurr durrr" Please remind yourself that you are in a message board, reading, typing and discussion is the whole point of a message board.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

So much reading that I didn't read at all!

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

What of the poll options?

1 No. I'm a die hard, bullet eating, beat u with my 13 inch dick, hard core PvP FM fanboy (who also happens to be a good sport). Now GTFO.

2 Why the f*ck would I want to do any of this? GTFO. fa**ot

3 Yes. Don't care what anyone thinks of me for wanting to do faggy, fun s*hit like yoga or tennis with other randoms

I don't care what the intent is, the OP wrote this in such a manner that he comes off as a 15 year old.

you shouldn't be so sensitive. always having a cry about what so and so wrote and then running of to the mods boohoo. trying to tell everyone else how this person used a certain word. your gay (look i mispelled and called you gay at the same time, i bet that will get under your skin 2 things at the same time).

2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

Wow. Sensitivity overload. I know this post is somewhat dead and gone now. But Jeeeezus Christ some people need to grow a pair and get over themselves. I find it more immature to discount an entirely valid and thought-out message just because you don't appreciate the poster's sense of humor/moral tone rather than just ignoring the content you don't agree with and reading on and giving feedback. Like damn, the thread degraded into some kind of attack on your sense of right and wrong and f*ck that. Better yet- I feel it's good you stood your ground and didn't change a thing because it's just silly that people would get so worked up over this crap.

My two cents.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:21 AM

What a useless thread. Save those few brain cells in case you actually have a decent idea for once in your life.

JohnDRockefeller
  • JohnDRockefeller

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:27 AM

Op needs a gf superbad

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users