Quantcast

» «
Photo

The (unbelievably gay) approach to FM gaming in GTAO--A fun guide for

61 replies to this topic

Poll: Gay GTAO gamer test for "good sport" gamers (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you find doing more "gay" non PvP/PKing game play activities in FM interesting?

1. Yes. But I'm in the closet. So I will anonymously admit I'd like to see/do more fun non mission marker activities with randoms in FM around the map (8 votes [17.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.78%

2. Yes. Don't care what anyone thinks of me for wanting to do faggy, fun s*hit like yoga or tennis with other randoms (15 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Yes. Or at least until R* pulls their finger out and gives us new DLC..... (4 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

4. No. I'm a die hard, bullet eating, beat u with my 13 inch dick, hard core PvP FM fanboy (who also happens to be a good sport). Now GTFO. (14 votes [31.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.11%

5. "Good sport" gay GTAO gamers like this actually exist? (4 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

What sort of "gay" non PvP activites would you like to do with other randoms in FM?

1. Impromptu racing activities in FM (drag racing, skydiving off random buildings etc) (25 votes [42.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.37%

2. Making mini games out of existing activities (e.g chain store robberies and evading police etc) (20 votes [33.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.90%

3. Gay holistic activities which may or may not build skill stats (like yoga/tennis to build strength etc) (14 votes [23.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.73%

Have you ever done/want to do creative "gay" PvE RPing with other randoms in FM like RPing a particular role?

1. Yes. in PvE scenarios as a cop/firefighter/vigilante helping (or tormeting) peds in FM (15 votes [28.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

2. Yes. By helping out other players who need it on the map (i.e. help them evade wanted levels etc). (21 votes [39.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.62%

3. PvP mayhem creating scenarios---regardless of whether they piss off other session players or not--is the only way to go (6 votes [11.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.32%

4. Why the f*ck would I want to do any of this? GTFO. Faggot. (11 votes [20.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote
PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:41 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 30 October 2013 - 06:53 PM.

FIRST OFF: FOR YOU TL;DR FOLKS, THIS THREAD ISN'T FOR YOU.  SO PLEASE.... PRESS ON.  THANK YOU. :lol:

I started this thesis of a thread as a sort of an idea factory for GTAO gamers who prefer more of a PvE, RPG, and/or non confrontational style of play online. Think of this as creative stuff you can do in FM to pass time until the creation kit to do heists etc. comes out. Also started this because I’m tired of hearing the sorry excuse ppl need to kill PvP in FM. Because GTA is a crime oriented sandbox. Or because they lack the creativity to make it more than this.  Or the fact that doing non-TDM activities in FM is acceptable because of the lack of DLC aka so really there isn’t anything else interesting to do. >,<

I personally believe this mindset and approach to gaming online to be complete BullR*sh*te. Because the gaming industry has been conditioning gamers to think this way for too damned long.  Also because GTA is an open world sandbox, so you’re limited only by your imagination and resourcefulness as a gamer....

So I’m curious to see how many other gamers like me are interested in meeting other randoms collboratively in regular FM (and not Invite Only or Solo sessions). So they can take advantage of being around other players in FM who want to do non mission activities or RPG (i.e. activist which don't require entering a mission/activity marker) around the map.

I want to emphasize that THERE'S A sh*t TON OF CREATIVE, FUN, & NON-VIOLENT PvP STUFF YOU CAN DO WITH RANDOM PPL--ALL WHILE BUILDING COMBAT SKILLS AND STILL HAVING FUN!!!

Here's some stuff that I've actually done (or been thinking about doing) below in FM with other randoms.  I actually made some good $$$ outside of missions AND had fun---WITHOUT KILLING/MURDERING other players doing some of these:

1. doing chain robbery of convenience stores together.

Then fairly dividing/sharing the loot after each successful job--without shooting someone in the back when the heist is over.  Made a good bundle of money, while increasing RP (and possibly stealth skill) from successfully evading the wanted levels.  The highest wanted lvl I've done with randoms to date is 4 star btw. But had to call in a couple of mercs and a favor from Merryweather to extract us from a particular sh*t storm we created with the 5-0 near the airport.  It’s a good thing I thought to grab that chopper from the helipad near the Marina first.  Because it sure came in handy bailing up out of there. Ended up flying my random buddy to a deserted point near Trevor's house out in Sandy Shores, where we split up the loot. lol!   :D

Also note that team collaboration in such a FM group activity is beneficial to ALL parties in the group v. a solo person deal.  Since the group robbery increases chances for success AND insures all team members get the convenience store robbery achievement associated with this activity. I've also reimbursed other randoms to cover their hospital bills when a deal goes bad (like them getting capped by the cops or convenience store clerk in the robbery).

2. drag racing around in FM together. <---best place to do this is off road impromptu racing with stolen dirt bikes or BJ Injectors out in Sandy shores. Or if you're up to the challenge, annoy the cops while racing around the main freeways in the Vinewood area which were built wide and nicely straight for this. Note: this fun activity also counts toward your stat of longest time evading the cops btw

3. do skill developing activities together.  <---these are the best because sky's the limit on what can be done here as a group! :D

a. Mtn. biking around Mt. Chilliad --- or setting a random marker on the map near a map landmark. Then have all players race toward that.

b. Hiking (on foot) up Mt. Chilliad to that yoga point to do yoga and develop your strength stat. <---if you do this, watch out for the cougar in that area!  Bring an automatic weapon to cover your @$$ or you'll likely become it's next happy meal. :D

c.  Competing in your own improvised triathalons Except instead of being limited to 3 racing legs, you now have the freedom to add more legs like parachuting etc.

* did a crazy race with randoms where we took a helo ride up to the Maze Bank/Los Santos tower.  For leg #1, we started the race by skydiving off the tower and raced to an agreed point on the ground. Then we jumped into our POVs and raced north up to where the triathalon marker is in Sandy Shores (leg #2).  Then we swam across the Alamo sea (leg #3) to the opposite shore. Then we jogged on foot (leg #4) onto the mountain trails and jacked ped bikes/atm.  Then we raced those bikes (leg #5) to the finish line at the Observatory in Vinewood hills.

That "triathalon" literally took all day, because at some points of the race, we had to evade cops/wanted levels.  Also make pit stops at  convenience stores along the way to buy food to restore health, etc.  And at the end of the race, everybody's strength and shooting skill bars had been bumped up considerably.  :D

* This works best if you meet other randoms who have access to a variety of vehicles like land vehicles, air & water craft. Because now you can add plane, water, on and off road racing to the triathalon and build other skills!

d. Gang banging in the hood to smoke the ballas, vagos. police and/or GCF.  But make sure you have a good escape route first.  I met a random who had access to a boat and 2 seadoos. We got  another random and took these water craft up the canal behind Grove St.  Then walked into Groove St, and began raising hell in a gunfight OK Corral style.  This got even better when we started calling in mercs & an air strike favors from our cell phones. When we got to 4 star lvl, we bailed in the water craft and got the hell out of Dodge.    lol!   :D

e. Have swimming racing mini game competitions with other randoms where you race each other underwater for as long as possible.  The whole point of this mini game is to competitively build lung capacity skills and stamina stats while having fun.  This is a fun competition which you can bet on who’ll win the race beforehand.  And “winning” doesn’t mean just coming in first--but how many times each player had to come up for air. So this would require at least 1 other random to monitor the race in a water craft/boat, in order to track how many times a swimmer surfaces for airThe swimmer who comes up for air the least number of times “wins” the race.   So this mini game  not only has to  and build lung capacity skill at the same time!

f.  RPing with other randoms who rp certain NPC roles. For example, allowing your char to be "arrested" by other players who rp cops.  Or rp a fireman and help NPC AI and/or other players put out fires los santos etc. <----  Doing this is definitely on my to do list in the future :D

g. Underwater activities. If you're at the right level, get the sub and do a submersible mini game with other randoms. All ppl have to agree to a betting pool of $10k to 20k+ minimum bet.  Then each person takes turns in the sub trying to submerge themselves below the crushing level at points around the map.  The one who survives the greatest depth in a set amount of real time (like 5 real minutes irl) with the greatest number of dives--WITHOUT DYING ONCE--wins the entire betting pool 

h. Team up with other randoms who are at the level to find rubber dinghies with scuba gear.  Do a betting pool before hand--like $10k to $20k to enter betting pool.  Now take the dinghies out to the fartherest point in ocean and dive underwater (where the sharks like to hang out).   Now race each other in scuba gear from that area of shark infested waters all the way back to shore. 1st person to make it back to the beach wins the race and betting pool.

i. Team up with other randoms and go on a improvised hunting trip around Mt. Chiliad. Do a point system for each game you kill.  Person who earns the greatest number of points wins the betting pool.  Add 100+ bonus points if you bag a cougar, 200+ if you killed the cougar with a knife etc. etc.

4. Doing non skill developing activities like

a. hanging out at the Playboy mansion in Vinewood Hills ---and partying until the wee hours of the morning.

b. going to movies. Yes. Really. I'm gay like that.   :breadfish:    But R* really needs to add more variety to current show as DLC.  Or allow us to upload movie clips we can watch as a group real soon..... 

c. taking the sky tram up to Mt. Chilliad and taking pics up at the Mtn. peak.  Yes. Really. I'm gay like that. :catloaf:   But make it more interesting by turning this into a mini game activity.  Upload your pics to the gallery and vote on who took the best pic etc. etc. 

d. hiking/biking up Mt. Chilliad together. And bring your hunting rifle in case you encounter wildlife up there.  <--did this with 2 other randoms recently and we had a blast driving around Blaine county countryside listening to the radio on dirt bikes btw.

e. competively golfing and playing tennis together. Yes. Really. I'm really, really gay like that. :breadfish::miranda:  Wish we had more of this gay faggy sh*t though.  Come on :r*:

5. Inviting randoms into your apt for parties (bring in strippers, get high/drunk etc.) Or just watching Weazel news and making bets of other players who're wreaking havoc around the map in FM. <--ppl in crews and Invite Only sessions are already doing this by default.  So it would be interesting to see how this dynamic would work with "good sport" randoms. :lol:

Anything else in terms of fun team stuff that ppl can think of to do around SA. But if they involve PvP PKing/demolishing property type interactions, then these activities must be agreed to by other players. 

All PvE interaction sugesstions (eg. harrassing peds, environment destruction etc. which will typically earn you a wanted level) are welcome. It gives ppl ideas of what they can do while in their online session.  But be mindful you create havoc at the risk of being labeled a bad sport. So if you suggest a dodgy activity or idea, add lots of disclaimers. So you avoid the "good gaming" community being  potentially pissed at you.  :miranda:   You've been warned.  :lol:

• .Polar_Bear. and orlos_ like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

jaime-didnt-read-lol.gif

Seriously. 

• paul, StupidAssHeadAss, SK1NJ0B and 3 others like this

SK1NJ0B
  • SK1NJ0B

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

stopped reading after "gay"

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Are you using gay as a general negative term here?

iPsychoM
  • iPsychoM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

What's a gay ?

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

TL;DR.

would you summerize the purpose if this thread? What is fm?

SK1NJ0B
  • SK1NJ0B

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

some kind of radio, i think.

• PkUnzipper, Longtonguehuey and Colognenigguh like this

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by GrndZero, 30 October 2013 - 07:04 PM.

I believe the OP was putting Gay in there due to all the people on this forum stating anything other killing each other is Gay.

I for one am willing to do pretty much any of the stuff you have in your list and if you want to add me on xbox send me a PM.

FM=Free Mode

• PkUnzipper likes this

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:59 PM Edited by haythem09, 30 October 2013 - 07:00 PM.

Directed at the OP:

• biggsull likes this

PZVNGI
  • PZVNGI

BOSS

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

Are you using gay as a general negative term here?

I believe he is sir..

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

What is this? I don't even..

(Seriously these are some good suggestions but your post is way too long.)

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

That all sounded pretty gay

• PkUnzipper likes this

Longtonguehuey
  • Longtonguehuey

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:20 PM Edited by Longtonguehuey, 30 October 2013 - 07:22 PM.

I love the contradictory nature of memes on a forum...

They're supposed to portray a fellas bored indifference....and yet.....

All I see is effort and a longing to be accepted.

To the OP, some nice ideas although I think some of them may be impossible (does the cable car even run in MP?)

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

do you mean gay as in queer as happy?

gay as in fa**ot as in biker

gay as in poopstamping dude wich outside of the bedrooms is just a normal person

do you use gay because you have a limited vocabulair?

im pretty confused atm, so i guess this topic gets locked around 2 posts after me

Longtonguehuey
  • Longtonguehuey

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

do you mean gay as in queer as happy?

gay as in fa**ot as in biker

gay as in poopstamping dude wich outside of the bedrooms is just a normal person

do you use gay because you have a limited vocabulair?

im pretty confused atm, so i guess this topic gets locked around 2 posts after me

Hold, I got this, I speak French.

Jem apple francais? Kesk a say jambon. Mercy.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

Wow.  You totally must have gotten yourself lost and thought you were posting on boards where people actually read.

You do realize that no forum you go to will be receptive to such a long post?

Even for me, dude, you have way too much text.

• PkUnzipper likes this

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Nicaragua
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

We got a regular Nostradamus over here.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Nicaragua
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Reopened so long as you kids can actually post on topic and not wail around like a bunch of spazoids.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:27 PM Edited by theadmiral, 30 October 2013 - 08:27 PM.

This is actually a decent post it just loses all credibility by some very small nuances. It is a shame that it was not worded in a more mature manner, all of this could have been avoided. I wish the OP would repost it and change the title and a few words.

• StupidAssHeadAss and Qutan like this

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

would be cool if you'd remove the slur in the title, either mod or op. not really necessary in the least
  • theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

would be cool if you'd remove the slur in the title, either mod or op. not really necessary in the least

And in the poll, and in the body of the post too.

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

And in the poll, and in the body of the post too.

I didn't even catch the poll until you pointed it out.
  • theadmiral likes this

victor1987
  • victor1987

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Directed at the OP:

CarIJohnson
  • CarIJohnson

Grove Street Families

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

jaime-didnt-read-lol.gif

Seriously. 

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Did you just use "gay" as an insult? in 2013?

a3HeadedMonkey
  • a3HeadedMonkey

People Smuggler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

too gay didn't read

• SK1NJ0B likes this

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:02 PM Edited by Crimson_Wolf, 30 October 2013 - 09:03 PM.

Love the sarcasm in the op, sadly people missed it and assume he's using "Gay" seriously, and in a negative sense here.

There are great ideas for some Free Mode fun, it's a shame some of these ideas weren't already placed into Online(Triathlon, Hunting, Scuba Diving W/Scuba Gear, Swimming Races, Police Vigilante Work). 

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Love the sarcasm in the op, sadly people missed it and assume he's using "Gay" seriously, and in a negative sense here.

There are great ideas for some Free Mode fun, it's a shame some of these ideas weren't already placed into Online(Triathlon, Hunting, Scuba Diving W/Scuba Gear, Swimming Races, Police Vigilante Work). 

there was no sarcasm in the original post, just a bunch of slurs for no reason other than to make it appear as homosexuals would rather parachute and do yoga rather than blowing up tanks and killing people. it's incredibly heteronormative and there's no reason to defend it on any grounds
  • SK1NJ0B likes this

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

there was no sarcasm in the original post, just a bunch of slurs for no reason other than to make it appear as homosexuals would rather parachute and do yoga rather than blowing up tanks and killing people. it's incredibly heteronormative and there's no reason to defend it on any grounds

Different views I guess.

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Different views I guess.

any view that demeans people for their sexuality isn't one you should hold
  • SK1NJ0B likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users