Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone chose Option A to revenge JK?

34 replies to this topic

Poll: Anyone chose Option A to revenge JK? (99 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you chose option A in the end to revenge Johnny Klebitz?

1. I chose option A and killed Trevor. He deserved to burn to death for what he did to Johnny, Clay & Terry. (7 votes [7.07%])

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

2. I chose option A and killed Trevor because he simply IS the antagonist. (3 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

3. I chose another option. (89 votes [89.90%])

Percentage of vote: 89.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote
VVipeSide
  • VVipeSide

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

I did.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

As much as I wanted to, I didn't want to kill Trevor because I didn't want to lose a character.

• Num3rical, theGTAking101 and JoeB like this

VVipeSide
  • VVipeSide

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

I killed him because he is the antagonist to me. Sure he has a charming side to him, just like everybody does. But given the option A was perfect and well placed. Just approved the contract and let him burn to death.

It's not like I'm a Trevor-hater, he IS like the Joker in The Dark Knight. But I couldn't see him go on any further. Best ending. 

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

I seen all endings, and option C just seems right. I don't think Franklin would stab any of them in the back. Maybe Michael but not Franklin.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

Many people might point out that artwork of option c to be a reason this is the 'real ending'. As for the artworks they lie anyway. Not a 1911 nor a Glock in game. :D

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

I don't get where Trevor is "the antagonist". Unless he's really mad because one of the other protagonists did something against him, he was fairly friendly. No he wouldn't let it go that Michael abandoned him, but why should he?  Yes he has anger issues, but he's supposed to be crazy. Just because the protagonists have a conflict doesn't make one of them the antagonist, otherwise Jackie Chan would be an antagonist in Rush Hour for being so damn uncooperative at the star or The Hulk is the antagonist of The Avengers because he got mad and did what Hulks do. There needs to be a line where a character can stop being a protagonist and turn into an antagonist, but I really don't see Trevor as crossing that line.

After the anger in

Spoiler
, where he never actually made a move to hurt anyone, he returns to helping and agrees to go his separate way. It's only during ending C that he decides that he's going to
Spoiler

• Jacob-B likes this

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

I chose C because I wanted everybody. Now, I wished that I would have killed Mike. I haven't used him once since I beat the story. Which was like 4 weeks ago.

llllllllllllllll
  • llllllllllllllll

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by llllllllllllllll, 30 October 2013 - 06:14 PM.

I was quite shocked to see Trevor stomp Johnny to death, as for Ashley I didn't really care. That skank bitch was f*cking everyone in GTA IV ("everybody is friends with Ashley" - Ray Boccino), but she dragged Johnny back into an addiction. 

And if anyone complains how we could kill a protagonist...it just f*cking happened! JK got killed by Trevor. And JK might have been a bit soft for being a leader of an MC, yet, noone can deny it was fun riding bikes, hangin out and doing gang wars with Jim, Terry and Clay.

Speaking of Terry and Clay...even more reason to kill Trevor.

I don't give a sh*t about that smelling dirty f*ck. The flames cleaned him up. Burn in hell motherf*cker. (oops, he hates that word, doesn't he?)

VVipeSide
  • VVipeSide

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Rockstar themselves say GTA V gives us the chance to play the protagonist and the antagonist at the same time. Yes you're right Trevor has some kind of twisted moral code. As I said I don't hate him.

He is like the Joker in the Dark Knight to me. But I can't see option B being the ending. Franklin popping Mike? Nah, it's like Luis taking out Tony. Oh, that almost happened, didn't it?

I don't care much for JK, at first I was shocked, too. But just like with Trevor, I liked to see and ending to a protagonist. Couldn't imagine either, Trevor or Johnny dying as old grandpas.

Trevor is the antagonist because he runs amok the whole time. Kills whoever he wants. It isn't cool Not even funny. He is offended very easily. 

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

i would never kill treavor he is the best

Undertaker13
  • Undertaker13

I'm not bullsh*tting!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

C is going to be canon anyway. I don't care about Johnny "The Jew" Klebbitz, he was a lost soul anyway.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:42 PM Edited by spamtackey, 30 October 2013 - 06:44 PM.

Rockstar themselves say GTA V gives us the chance to play the protagonist and the antagonist at the same time. Yes you're right Trevor has some kind of twisted moral code. As I said I don't hate him.

He is like the Joker in the Dark Knight to me. But I can't see option B being the ending. Franklin popping Mike? Nah, it's like Luis taking out Tony. Oh, that almost happened, didn't it?

I don't care much for JK, at first I was shocked, too. But just like with Trevor, I liked to see and ending to a protagonist. Couldn't imagine either, Trevor or Johnny dying as old grandpas.

Trevor is the antagonist because he runs amok the whole time. Kills whoever he wants. It isn't cool Not even funny. He is offended very easily. 

Neither Option A or B are likely. Franklin just wouldn't kill either one of them. He had no beef with them. 

I can't see Trevor dying by running away from Franklin. He wouldn't do it. It was completely out of character. Both the Michael and Trevor deaths were poorly done IMO.

Wait, so Michael killing the government agents during his job for Davey doesn't matter? Shooting up the IAAA or whatever they are doesn't matter? Michael pulled a house off a cliff at the slightest provocation. Beat up a car dealer instead of reporting his business, put a gun to the head of the guy who stole the car instead of calling 911. He smashed his son's television, potentially killed people whose party his daughter was attending, potentially killed his therapist who he didn't need to kill, got a kingpin guy on his case (which would have fallen on his family if he didn't pay back the money), and even forgets about members of his crew who die. He's no more sane than Trevor is, he's violent, he's horrible to his family, he's a horrible person in general. Greedy, self-serving, has betrayed others for his own sake. He's just as much an antagonist as Trevor is. He "runs amok" and hurts others doing it. 

Trevor is not really like the Joker. The Joker kills for fun, Trevor kills because people piss him off and that can happen very quickly. When he's your friend he stays your friend whether you want it or not. The Joker would kill his friends at any moment for the gag of it but Trevor could never take a shot off at Michael. Michael, however, did take a few at Trevor. Yes Trevor kills, yes Trevor doesn't have the 'moral highground' that we want to place the others on because they 'kill for a reason'. That doesn't make him the dang antagonist of the whole story.

He and Michael both share the role of having wronged one another and potentially doing so again. That's where the whole "play the antagonist and protagonist at the same time" thing comes in. The only character who was clean of any real 'blemish' was Franklin, but that's because he was pretty much a third wheel. The other two could turn on each other and become the antagonist at any moment but neither did. I think when Rockstar made that statement they were simply overhyping the conflict between the protagonists. 

• Jacob-B likes this

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by gtaxpert, 30 October 2013 - 06:59 PM.

Option A was the first option I played because I did like the revenge of Klebitz idea. Trevor is an epic end boss and I wanted to kill him because that felt epic. I loved that I could do that.

Killing Michael felt wrong and stupid. I refuse to even play that ending. I watched it on youtube.

Option C is the 'best' and most logical ending. You get to kill a lot of awful characters that 'deserve' it.

The morality you have when you play is weird. Klebitz murdered thousands of people when you played him, but he was cool and you kind of bond with him. In real life I could never desire to get revenge by killing someone, or be able to bond with a person who kills so many people. But in the game it makes sense.. Klebitz was obviously under influence and he didn't see coming what happened to him.

The ingame morality is "I'm a baddass and anyone who f*cks with me or someone I like will pay the price, but I can do whatever I want whenever I feel like it." You want to feel like an omnipotent badass ingame. So when one of the seemingly omnipotent badasses you played so much with gets killed, the revenge thing was tempting. And you can hardly feel bad for any of these characters dying because they are all truly immoral and the world would be better without them. But in a way it's only cool if you, the player, gets to choose who dies.

When the game chose that Johnny had to be killed, and that you had to turn on the Lost, it felt wrong. But you also felt like a badass doing it as Trevor. I like how R* did this. They gave you an internal struggle.

And though killing Trevor was the first thing I did, I at the same time think he ranks high among the best GTA characters ever. He is the best GTA V character in my opinion.

• Jacob-B likes this

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:11 PM Edited by ToyGT_one, 30 October 2013 - 07:16 PM.

why you don't pick option c then play option a with replay mission?

OT: i picked the option c but how johnny k died easliy by getting stumbed by trevor? if you was playing jk in tlad you wouldn't die easliy like that.

m8son
  • m8son

Boom goes the dynamite!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Trevor is a million times a better character than Johnny, Terry, or Clay combined, so no, I picked C because I didn't willingly want to give up 1/3 of the free roam activities just for some petty vengeance over some meth head bikers.  Now if Johnny stayed away from the meth, this would be another story

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

Here's a song for Klebitz:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vaj6YGOLskQ
Ain't that a kick in the head?

• JustOneMonth likes this

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

To revenge JK? What did JK do?

You mean avenge?

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Trevor was a good guy.

Personally, I would rather kill Michael than Trevor, because I find it disturbing that he

Spoiler

But let's face it, 'C' is the real ending.

If Rockstar ever release a sequel to this game, it would be based of this ending.

I loved JK but then again, he became a meth-head in GTA V. He would slowly die anyway.

Also, there IS a Trick to keep Terry and Clay alive.

Shadow_Belt
  • Shadow_Belt

Silence is golden

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

I personally played both endings and if i could only play one of them i would pick C. Just seeing Trevor burning in flames. Micheal falling to his death was just.... awful! I mean it's obvious that the cannon ending and it's the "happy" one. On topic, i really loved Johnny in TLAD but i didn't mind that he died. He was a great character and R* just killed him probably for a big freaking plot twist and a cool introduction for Trevor.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Option c just to have all three protagonists. I like the idea of Trevor or Mike dying in this game...giving their story closure. But ending a and b just don't work.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

As much as a loved Johnny, I liked trevor alot, And johnny was off that path of "Good" being a methhead now, He had to be put down, I chose c

TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt
  • TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt

General Anal

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Many Trevor fans in here and I love it.

Let's face it:

Trevor might seem a little bit cartoonish, but he represents US ALL. 

Aren't we all a little bi-curious, we would all love to not give a damn about our looks or hygiene and just do the fuq we want. 

do drugs, kill, f*ck around, party. Still with a sense of morals.

f*ck Jonny Klebitz. I wish we would get the option to stomp his head into the ground ourselves.

He seemed promising in gta 4 but rockstar totally f*cked him up in the lost & damned. some soft hearted suicidal clingy bitch.

Trevor survives! anyone who chose option A should burn themselves!!!

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Option C for life.

TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt
  • TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt

General Anal

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

I wonder who he prefered...Patricia, Floyd or Ashley?

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

I wonder who he prefered...Patricia, Floyd or Ashley?

Floyd it's a no brainer

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:25 PM Edited by Hooves07, 31 October 2013 - 05:26 PM.

So what some of you are saying is that you sided with Weston or Haines...two of the biggest d-bags who took your money or didn't pay you during the game. Wow...I guess that would make Franklin (you guys) the biggest rats of all. Bravo...all that love for some second-rate DLC character...

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

I wanted to get 100% for my first play through, next time I replay the game I will be killing Trevor.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

Even if you don't like any character I don't understand why anyone would choose any option other than C. For several reasons; you may miss out on some stuff, you don't have to play as the character you don't like, and you still have the option to play as 3 characters.

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by Archvile78, 01 November 2013 - 01:12 AM.

No you misinterpreted what they meant by that. Protagonist doesn't always mean "good guy" and from seeing what they're doing in the story, all three are antagonist.

Anyway i checked all the endings but obviously went with C. Plus it was cool to see Trevor and Michael finally settle their difference and apologize to one another. Idk if you had to choose ending C to trigger that dialogue but it happened to me when i was hanging out with Michael while using T.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

I saved Trevor just because he is one of protagonists.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users