» «
Photo

Changes to enforce good sport standing in the community

51 replies to this topic
jc20
  • jc20

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:08 PM Edited by jc20, 30 October 2013 - 04:08 PM.

Do I get a cookie for being a hardcore gamer for 25 years? Yeah I do, I get to pwn n00bs repeatedly until they cry. Learn to play video games and stop whining about getting blown to pieces, you dirty casuals.

362px-Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-her Nobody gives a sh*t, btw :)

Out of curiosity: What`s wrong in playing with other non-casuals in Bad Sport lobbies?

Phyxsius - You consistently seem to be the one person who gets it.

If people want to blow up car, feel free to do it - just understand you will end up in the bad sport lobby.  There is nothing wrong with that.  I think its a safe assumption that a bad sport's friends play in a similar fashion, therefore they can all blow up cars in bad sport lobbies.

SkaREO - Can they system be abused by griefer is the way you described? Sure.  But without the bad sport system, other forms of griefing would increase tenfold - think jets, tanks, etc. annihilating everything.

The bad sport system isn't perfect, but few things in the world are.

• Phyxsius- likes this

FarVision
  • FarVision

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

1. There needs to be a bigger reward for ppl who remain good sports instead of receiving a measly $1000 every so often. The pay should increase as you level up

2. Bad sport lobbies need to be more punishing. For example, R* should have it so it rains constantly in bad sport servers or make it difficult for ppl to find cars since the streets will be more empty etc

Wouldn't that be awesome?  Constant 1 star.  Constant dark.  Constant Rain.  Not many cars.  A few.  Junky low end cars.  Pedestrians running full tilt or crying, constantly.  So miserable, you just can't stand to be there.  It would be awesome.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Bad Sport system needs to GTFO of a GTA game, it's ridiculous and frankly stupid. If you disagree, so be it, I will label you a dirty casual.

Good day.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:12 PM Edited by Revoemag, 30 October 2013 - 04:14 PM.

The worst thing about the Bad Sport system is it can be abused badly by griefers to put the wrong people in there. All I have to do is shotgun my car until its nearly on fire and drive around until someone shoots at me a couple times then BOOM! they get to pay huge insurance fees and wear a dunce cap. It's beyond stupid.

There is one thing to say that bad sport can be tweaked to better separate assholes and "good" players and totally another to say that it is bad as a whole.

It should be removed if it's possible to punish the wrong people. One person put into Bad Sport unfairly is too many. Bad Sport pool is a punishment and clearly you've never been if you don't think it is. You can't play with friends and the game reminds you of how stupid you are constantly by forcing you to wear a pointy hat on your head that literally says "DUNCE" aka a stupid person. It's one of the reasons I don't play this game anymore. I'd say it's a pretty f*cking bad system that can be abused horribly.
That's like saying remove all laws because sometimes the wrong person gets arrested...

PS. Prefer to be a dirty casual than a lifeless fulltime gamer nerd...25 years..what a waste of a life..

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 October 2013 - 04:17 PM.

Just Kick them... or join a new session, it takes a few seconds. People can still grief you without being put in the Bad Sport pool. All they need to do is kill you over and over again as you spawn until you have no choice but to leave. That's not even against the rules. Neither is sniping people from rooftops where they can't even aim at you.

http://gtaforums.com...d-sport-system/

IMO its stupid cause you're paying for the persons car anyway and all they have to do it call insurance and pick it up or get their mechanic to deliver it to them.

Well, it does curve players to use actual guns instead of explosives constantly. 

Noobs gravitate toward explosives in all games because its easy to use.  Give a noob explosives and an open world to cause chaos and that's all they will do.   

In the end, without some sort of system to deter noobish game play the entire game would turn into a simple explosives VS explosives.  And this is the real issue that people complain about.

I would not mind if they removed Bad Sport for private games.  And if they tweaked it so if a player causes any damage to a player OR his personal car Bad Sport will no longer count toward destroying their personal cars.

I usually blow up about 5 personal cars a day in self defense against players in cars with multiple players..  After that I cut myself off from simple destruction.

Now, will you support the same idea that you are asking me to do? Or are you full of sh*t just like the others before you and trying to change the game to suit YOU and your griefing?

That will fix at least 2 problems: No bad sport for blowing up personal vehicles AND a closed session with friends without the fear of blowing up a friend`s PV then get bad sport points. It can also serve a third: no imbecility in public lobbies.

You will agree that it is far better solution than a removal of the only "law" this game has, unless you have a hidden agenda.

jc20
  • jc20

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Bad Sport system needs to GTFO of a GTA game, it's ridiculous and frankly stupid. If you disagree, so be it, I will label you a dirty casual.

Good day.

And if someone is unable conduct themselves within a know set of rules, I will label them an undisciplined child.

Since I have been reading this forum, I have yet to hear a legitamate reason why a "hardcore gamer" who wants to be able to blow up player cars has a problem doing so in a bad sport lobby.  So please tell me why someone like yourself has a problem running around and "pwn n00bs repeatedly until they cry" in a bad sport lobby?

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:34 PM Edited by GrndZero, 30 October 2013 - 04:40 PM.

I became a bad sport today because the game likes to kick me from sessions when I go back into free roam from a job, when I get back into online mode it warns me that if I continue to leave jobs I will be with other bad sports.

That is just one example.

Did you choose the Free Roam option or did you just quit? If you choose Free Roam, you do just that, it doesn't take you to the next mission with everyone else.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Good day.

You are one sad, demented, botarded c*nt...the worst I think I've seen on these forums.

Dirty casual ?? Bwahaha what a boob. You have your bitch way, others, we have our own way.

You wanna be a bitch, you get to be in a session with other bitches.

Cry a river, build a bridge and get over it you pathetic child.

Facepalm.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

http://battlelog.bat...f3/user/SKaREO/

BF3 Skill Rating 649, KDR 1.81

220hrs, 1.8 K/D? Lol casual.

Dunno why you put that in the list TBH.

You can't play with friends and the game reminds you of how stupid you are constantly by forcing you to wear a pointy hat on your head that literally says "DUNCE" aka a stupid person.

I think the dunce-cap thing is hilarious but yeah getting locked out of friends' games is a deal breaker and it's the only reason I bother dodging bad sport.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

How are people getting kicked in the middle of a match? I've never been kicked except in a pregame lobby where I've never received a bad sport warning.
As for blowing up personal vehicles, ive only intentionally done it one time and after seeing the warning haven't done it since. Sure I accidentally blow them up here and there but it doesn't bother me that im not allowed to, throwing stickies at cars is probably the cheapest way to kill someone anyway.
In rdr the mantra for the invincibility glitchers was "I only use it whdn people kill me for no reason" which is so juvenile its unbelievable. IF YOU DONT LIKE BEING KILLED IN A VIDEO GAME FOR NO REASON, DONT PLAY A VIDEO GAME WHERE YOU CAN BE KILLED FOR NO REASON. Or just run to your OP military vehicles for more skillless kills.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

2. Bad sport lobbies need to be more punishing. For example, R* should have it so it rains constantly in bad sport servers or make it difficult for ppl to find cars since the streets will be more empty etc

Constant rain would be awesome. I think the bad sport idea is stupid but I'd try to go for the rain.

I say try because I've destroyed a dozen pv's in an hour and nothing.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

It would have been cool if rockstar would have written a special code for bad sport to actually be sent and confined to the in game prison gates (no escape, break through walls etc.) With that, basic prison activities, fights if you like, weights etc. However you have to spend your bad sport time there. This would aggravate and piss bad sport griefer after the 2nd or 3rd time. Sure,theyd enjoy the first time, brag to their friend "im in prison", but after you realize you have to spend 8 days in a circle...it wont be fun. This of course would exclude those that get bad sport unfairly due to R* coding leaving a session and getting a leaving mission etc warning.
  • MrYoungGun likes this

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

If you blow up an unoccupied personal vehicle then you are a bad sport. To blow up a persons vehicle while they are in it is being GTA. Also they need an indicator that the person is driving a personal vehicle. How am I supposed to know when I have permission or am I to assume that anyone driving a car can't be touched. 

So a guy with a bounty can just run circles around the map, and no one car dare try to catch him.

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

You don't have to blow up the car if someones in it to claim a bounty dude. What I do is race after them fire a few clips of Uzi rounds in the general direction of the driver side window or head them off and shoot through the windscreen. I'm a pretty terrible aim but have never managed to accidentally blow up the car like this and often get the bounty. Using sticky bombs and grenades is almost definitely going to destroy their car. Its like using a hammer to crack an egg.

Oh and for what its worth im a casual gamer and proud of it. Lifes too short to take it seriously.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Just shoot them through the window or leave them alone. If theyre aggressive and continually try to run you over, use the environment to your advantage. In case you havent noticed, a lot of object are indestructible by cars namely telepoles, walls, trees, and concrete cylinders. Use these to protect yourself while putting fire on their windows. Theycan only use the pistols and micro smg so you have theadvantage in weapons.
If the player is running from you in their personal vehicle, give chase in your own and try to force them into traffic, walls, off cliffs or anything that would potentially slow or stop them. That gives you a window of time to pepper them with gunfire through their windows and if you dont kill them, try try again.

This may seem like a lot of trouble, it is, but its how a good sport with skills to kill players in an uncheap manor get sh#t done.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

I dont see whats so hard for R* to put an indicator of some sort on screen that would let players know if another player is in their personal car. Right now theres a white dot, simply have a half white half red (only ONE color). A white dot would indicate you on foot or not in a personal car, and half color would indicate youre in a personal car. Solved.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

That's like saying remove all laws because sometimes the wrong person gets arrested...

PS. Prefer to be a dirty casual than a lifeless fulltime gamer nerd...25 years..what a waste of a life..

I actually respected your opinion until you felt the need to be an arse - surely you can be dedicated to gaming and still have a life ? And to all the other holy posters in here who are proud to be casuals : Who are you to tell people what to dedicate their time to, and why is being casual about something a quality ? If anyone is sad here its you guys with your assumptions and your self righteous rants ...

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 30 October 2013 - 07:23 PM.

1. There needs to be a bigger reward for ppl who remain good sports instead of receiving a measly $1000 every so often. The pay should increase as you level up

Wouldn't that be awesome?  Constant 1 star.  Constant dark.  Constant Rain.  Not many cars.  A few.  Junky low end cars.  Pedestrians running full tilt or crying, constantly.  So miserable, you just can't stand to be there.  It would be awesome.

adding:

- restricting bad sports to exactly one char slot for the entire time they're in the bad sport lobby

- putting cops AND peds on constant bull shark testosterone shooting at you 24/7/365 within seconds of respawning on the map

- peds constantly trying to run bad sports over whenever they get to the nearest street or dirt road

- hospital bills that have been changed to R* care i.e. hospital bills now cost at least $10k for every death

- allow good sports with a revenge beef to visit the bad sport lobby exactly one time to get even.  Make them invincible and give them a dub step gun so they can hunt down the griefer who killed them  and....

- next to white dunce hats, restricting the worst offending griefers to using only the cheapest body armor--and a giant purple SR3 style dildo to defend themselves with :lol:

All of these IMO would make an idyllic version of bad sport hell in cyberspace.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Lets just have them arrested and send their families to guantanamo - after all, they did mess with your favourite game right ...

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:00 PM Edited by Xcali1985, 30 October 2013 - 08:04 PM.

You don't have to blow up the car if someones in it to claim a bounty dude. What I do is race after them fire a few clips of Uzi rounds in the general direction of the driver side window or head them off and shoot through the windscreen. I'm a pretty terrible aim but have never managed to accidentally blow up the car like this and often get the bounty. Using sticky bombs and grenades is almost definitely going to destroy their car. Its like using a hammer to crack an egg.

Oh and for what its worth im a casual gamer and proud of it. Lifes too short to take it seriously.

Just shoot them through the window or leave them alone. If theyre aggressive and continually try to run you over, use the environment to your advantage. In case you havent noticed, a lot of object are indestructible by cars namely telepoles, walls, trees, and concrete cylinders. Use these to protect yourself while putting fire on their windows. Theycan only use the pistols and micro smg so you have theadvantage in weapons.
If the player is running from you in their personal vehicle, give chase in your own and try to force them into traffic, walls, off cliffs or anything that would potentially slow or stop them. That gives you a window of time to pepper them with gunfire through their windows and if you dont kill them, try try again.

This may seem like a lot of trouble, it is, but its how a good sport with skills to kill players in an uncheap manor get sh#t done.

Try finding a spot to shot in the back of an Entity! Plus you have to weight cost/benefit. You will use a lot of ammo trying to kill someone in a Entity. You'll probably end up blowing up their car from gun fire.

9,000$ bounty Ill use a 600$ sticky and finish it. Nice 8,400$ profit. I personally don't mind bad sport lobbies. I just disagree with how you get there.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Do I get a cookie for being a hardcore gamer for 25 years? Yeah I do, I get to pwn n00bs repeatedly until they cry. Learn to play video games and stop whining about getting blown to pieces, you dirty casuals.

So you are in your 30's yet you say "pwn n00bs"?

-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

I became a bad sport today because the game likes to kick me from sessions when I go back into free roam from a job, when I get back into online mode it warns me that if I continue to leave jobs I will be with other bad sports.

That is just one example.

Did you choose the Free Roam option or did you just quit? If you choose Free Roam, you do just that, it doesn't take you to the next mission with everyone else.

Yes, I choose free roam every time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users