Photo

Changes to enforce good sport standing in the community

51 replies to this topic
soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

1. There needs to be a bigger reward for ppl who remain good sports instead of receiving a measly $1000 every so often. The pay should increase as you level up

2. Bad sport lobbies need to be more punishing. For example, R* should have it so it rains constantly in bad sport servers or make it difficult for ppl to find cars since the streets will be more empty etc

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Bad sport lobbies have an unfortunate name and a silly hat, but they are NOT punishment. They are just reminding people that Rockstar doesn`t like what they are doing, but otherwise they are free to do whatever they want.

The point of the system is to have good sports playing with good sports and bad sports playing with bad sports. Each has the perfect right of enjoying the game as they want it.

• MhastaChainx likes this

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

I agree, as it is now there isn't really any reward for being a good sport. I've gotten the bad sport warning once when I blew some griefer's car, so I take it I have been a good sport the rest of the time then (?) but only twice have I gotten the 1000$ reward (which doesn't really make any difference).

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Bad sport lobbies have an unfortunate name and a silly hat, but they are NOT punishment. They are just reminding people that Rockstar doesn`t like what they are doing, but otherwise they are free to do whatever they want.

The point of the system is to have good sports playing with good sports and bad sports playing with bad sports. Each has the perfect right of enjoying the game as they want it.

Bad sport prevents you from playing with your friends, i would classify that as punishment ... And you are aware that bad sport is broken and is happening to 'good sports' as well ?

You continue to be a good fanboy but i doubt R* will pay you anything in the end ...

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

1. There needs to be a bigger reward for ppl who remain good sports instead of receiving a measly $1000 every so often. The pay should increase as you level up

2. Bad sport lobbies need to be more punishing. For example, R* should have it so it rains constantly in bad sport servers or make it difficult for ppl to find cars since the streets will be more empty etc

The whole implementation of this system is one of the biggest f*ckups R* have ever made ... And the person who came up with it should be confided to swapping burgers at McDonalds for the rest of his miserable life ...

jrweber3000
  • jrweber3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

You should be able to pay x amount of dollars if you want to get out of bad sport early or serve your time if yout choose to

-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:46 PM Edited by -Murder-, 30 October 2013 - 02:48 PM.

The whole implementation of this system is one of the biggest f*ckups R* have ever made ... And the person who came up with it should be confided to swapping burgers at McDonalds for the rest of his miserable life ...

But if all you do is swap the burgers then only one side will be cooked...

FeaRx
  • FeaRx

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:48 PM Edited by FeaRx, 30 October 2013 - 02:57 PM.

This.

Bad sport prevents you from playing with your friends, i would classify that as punishment ... And you are aware that bad sport is broken and is happening to 'good sports' as well ?

You continue to be a good fanboy but i doubt R* will pay you anything in the end ...

How are "good sports" becoming bad sports? You get warned every single time you blow up a PV. It takes about 7-10 PV's in a pretty short period of time to get marked as a bad sport. There is no excuse for becoming a bad sport. Stop with your nonsense. 

I'm in bad sports for another day and I'm enjoying it. Unlike you, I accepted the fact that I deserved it, because I knew it was going to happen eventually. I didn't say "oh look, these warnings don't mean anything...if I become a bad sport, it's obviously Rockstar's fault".

Does the system need to be tweaked? Sure. It shouldn't count if someone initiates an attack on you and you're just defending yourself. However, you should have the common sense to not blow up someones car in defense and expect it to not count. Just because it shouldn't count, doesn't mean that it won't.

TheEndsHere
  • TheEndsHere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

I dont want to be punished for being a bad sport as the system is broken. I usually help out and generally dont aggro people unless they start it but have been put in a bad sport server/warned of being a bad sport for stupid reasons such as:

I was coming out of a clothes store and there were 3 people waiting for me outside who attacked me. I tossed a grenade and ran back inside and was a bad sport for destroying their cars.

Have been shot at while driving around, sometimes by several people, threw sticky bombs/grenades and got a bad sport warning despite them attacking me first

Was in a fight with cops on 4 stars shooting rockets/grenades and some idiot drives into the middle of it

Had to quit a job as it required 2 players and no one joined and was warned of being a bad sport for quitting

Until there is a better system, especially around destroying cars, it should have minimal penalties. It is an open world and free roam so that suggests you should be free to do what you want. I consider attacking people while they are paused, coming out of their apartments etc bad sport but if thats what they want to do thats up to them. If I dont like it I usually just join another server.

-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

This.

How are "good sports" becoming bad sports? You get warned every single time you blow up a PV. It takes about 7-10 PV's in a pretty short period of time to get marked as a bad sport. There is no excuse for becoming a bad sport. Stop with your nonsense. 

I became a bad sport today because the game likes to kick me from sessions when I go back into free roam from a job, when I get back into online mode it warns me that if I continue to leave jobs I will be with other bad sports.

That is just one example.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

I'm in bad sports for another day and I'm enjoying it. Unlike you, I accepted the fact that I deserved it, because I knew it was going to happen eventually. Unlike you, I didn't say "oh look, these warnings don't mean anything...if I become a bad sport, it's obviously Rockstar's fault".

Loosing con and getting kicked 'at the right moment' will also contribute to bad sport ...

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Actually, if R* decided that bad sports could play in regular rooms with the hat but their cars were limited to 2nd gear I might kind of enjoy that :)

FeaRx
  • FeaRx

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

This.

I became a bad sport today because the game likes to kick me from sessions when I go back into free roam from a job, when I get back into online mode it warns me that if I continue to leave jobs I will be with other bad sports.

That is just one example.

I'm in bad sports for another day and I'm enjoying it. Unlike you, I accepted the fact that I deserved it, because I knew it was going to happen eventually. Unlike you, I didn't say "oh look, these warnings don't mean anything...if I become a bad sport, it's obviously Rockstar's fault".

Loosing con and getting kicked 'at the right moment' will also contribute to bad sport ...

I stand corrected :)

Yeah, things like that should obviously be tweaked. You shouldn't get points against you for getting kicked or losing connection. Bad sports should only be related to blowing up PV's. If they want it to include leaving early, they definitely need to tweak it.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by R.R, 30 October 2013 - 03:01 PM.

You shouldn't get points against you for getting kicked or losing connection. Bad sports should only be related to blowing up PV's. If they want it to include leaving early, they definitely need to tweak it.

There's a school of thought that has the exact opposite opinion to you, where people should only be given bad sport for leaving lobbies early, but given free reign on personal vehicles.

I think a certain amount of people on either side have their opinions shaded by personal experience tbh.

edit - fixed that quote train.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:02 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 October 2013 - 03:03 PM.

Bad sports need a full honest to God flagellation, not a slap on the wrist. It is the only way they`ll learn something. In this case, you either learn to do moderate damage and not on a daily basis, or get to not play with your friends. Or try to find bad sport friends :)

And I don`t need money from Rockstar to play my game as I want it. If I want to be a good sport I`ll be a good sport. If I want to be a bad sport I`ll be a bad sport. I don`t need any other motivation.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

But if all you do is swap the burgers then only one side will be cooked...

Lol ok - I should have said burger flipping instead right ? :) Ty for the heads up :)

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:03 PM Edited by Revoemag, 30 October 2013 - 03:03 PM.

We should get clothing item for being good sport...rare items..hat for a week of being good...shirt for a month...
  • RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Bad sports need a full honest to God flagellation, not a slap on the wrist. It is the only way they`ll learn something. In this case, you either learn to do moderate damage and not on a daily basis, or get to not play with your friends. Or try to find bad sport friends :)

And I don`t need money from Rockstar to play my game as I want it. If I want to be a good sport I`ll be a good sport. If I want to be a bad sport I`ll be a bad sport. I don`t need any other motivation.

Fair enough, at least you are consistent in your views - I obviously dont like the bad sport system whatsoever and would like to se it go all together ... But i agree that if it really has to be there, it needs some serious tweaking ...

• Phyxsius- likes this

SimonSickboy
  • SimonSickboy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:24 PM Edited by SimonSickboy, 30 October 2013 - 03:26 PM.

I think the bad sport lobby is more than enough of a deterant for anyone that plays with friends. I got bad sport for blowing up some personal vehicles (they dont have to be in quick succesion either. I blew up about 8 in a week, then none for about a week and then the first 1 i blow up, dunce cap) and it was horrendous. Not because the lobby was a blood bath, quite the opposite actually, but because i couldnt play with friends.

All 8 of my IRL friends are doing races or death matches and i cant join.

I think the worst part was that the auto invite system still invites bad sports to good sport games. So not only couldnt i play with my friends but i was constantly taunted by their invitations.

Edit: You should still be able to play with yout friends in invite only sessions when you are a bad sport. If they are willing to play with you either way then why should it matter?

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Anyone who thinks the Bad Sport system was a good idea is a f*cking dirty casual.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:29 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 October 2013 - 03:30 PM.

Anyone who thinks the Bad Sport system was a good idea is a f*cking dirty casual.

I am waiting to see your achievement list for SC2, CS1.6 or whatever game you got a prize for. Also one copy of your, no doubt, professional gamer contract.

Otherwise you are just full of hot air.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

I am waiting to see your achievement list for SC2, CS1.6 or whatever game you got a prize for. Also, one copy of your, no doubt, professional gamer contract.

Otherwise you are just full of hot air.

http://us.battle.net...95602/1/SKaREO/]

Diamond League terran

http://battlelog.bat...f3/user/SKaREO/

BF3 Skill Rating 649, KDR 1.81

http://steamcommunity.com/id/skareo

Steam Account with 1600+ hours in Dota 2

Any more comments from the peanut gallery?

• Kromix likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

I asked for a prize, not stats.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Do I get a cookie for being a hardcore gamer for 25 years? Yeah I do, I get to pwn n00bs repeatedly until they cry. Learn to play video games and stop whining about getting blown to pieces, you dirty casuals.

• Kromix likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:39 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 October 2013 - 03:43 PM.

Do I get a cookie for being a hardcore gamer for 25 years? Yeah I do, I get to pwn n00bs repeatedly until they cry. Learn to play video games and stop whining about getting blown to pieces, you dirty casuals.

362px-Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-her Nobody gives a sh*t, btw :)

Out of curiosity: What`s wrong in playing with other non-casuals in Bad Sport lobbies?

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

The worst thing about the Bad Sport system is it can be abused badly by griefers to put the wrong people in there. All I have to do is shotgun my car until its nearly on fire and drive around until someone shoots at me a couple times then BOOM! they get to pay huge insurance fees and wear a dunce cap. It's beyond stupid.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

The worst thing about the Bad Sport system is it can be abused badly by griefers to put the wrong people in there. All I have to do is shotgun my car until its nearly on fire and drive around until someone shoots at me a couple times then BOOM! they get to pay huge insurance fees and wear a dunce cap. It's beyond stupid.

There is one thing to say that bad sport can be tweaked to better separate assholes and "good" players and totally another to say that it is bad as a whole.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

There is one thing to say that bad sport can be tweaked to better separate assholes and "good" players and totally another to say that it is bad as a whole.

It should be removed if it's possible to punish the wrong people. One person put into Bad Sport unfairly is too many. Bad Sport pool is a punishment and clearly you've never been if you don't think it is. You can't play with friends and the game reminds you of how stupid you are constantly by forcing you to wear a pointy hat on your head that literally says "DUNCE" aka a stupid person. It's one of the reasons I don't play this game anymore. I'd say it's a pretty f*cking bad system that can be abused horribly.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:56 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 October 2013 - 04:03 PM.

It should be removed if it's possible to punish the wrong people. One person put into Bad Sport unfairly is too many. Bad Sport pool is a punishment and clearly you've never been if you don't think it is. You can't play with friends and the game reminds you of how stupid you are constantly by forcing you to wear a pointy hat on your head that literally says "DUNCE" aka a stupid person. It's one of the reasons I don't play this game anymore. I'd say it's a pretty f*cking bad system that can be abused horribly.

I`d rather have SOME form of pulling out assholes and griefers from the general population than none whatsoever. And no, I`ve never been a bad sport nor will I ever be one.

And it`s not like you can`t curb your "enthusiasm" and blow up lesser cars over a longer period of time.

Also, the game is not telling you that you are stupid. It`s telling you that Rockstar doesn`t approve of your antics.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

I`d rather have SOME form of pulling out assholes and griefers from the general population than none whatsoever. And no, I`ve never been a bad sport nor will I ever be one.

And it`s not like you can`t curb your "enthusiasm" and blow up lesser cars over a longer period of time.

Just Kick them... or join a new session, it takes a few seconds. People can still grief you without being put in the Bad Sport pool. All they need to do is kill you over and over again as you spawn until you have no choice but to leave. That's not even against the rules. Neither is sniping people from rooftops where they can't even aim at you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users