Muggers and Mercenaries Appreciation Post

8 replies to this topic
edub1906
  • edub1906

EST--5 hrs behind UK/14 hrs behind AUS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

I like a lot of things about GTA Online.  Of course, not everything is perfect, but the game is very high on my playlist for comedic value alone.  Anyway, one of my favorite things to do recently is unleash the mugger and mercenaries and then watch the havoc that ensues.  Now I never just send them out on random people who are minding their own business.  I normally use them on clowns who I see constantly killing other players in good sport lobbies or who are talking obnoxiously on their mic.  Yes, I know the mugger can be easily dealt with in some cases, but I enjoy watching someone one TV walking down the street or getting out of their car only to get shanked out of nowhere.

Last night I sent the mugger out on one of my crew members just for laughs.  He was somewhere out in the hills riding around.  I watched him crash his motorcycle out in the middle of the desert trying to get away from the cops.  So he's standing out there with no roads in sight and then all of a sudden I see the mugger charging up on him from behind and sticking a knife in his back.  My buddy never saw it coming and literally yellled "WTF" in his mic.  Sent the mercs out on 2 azzes who were running over and crashing into any players they saw and then laughing about it on their headsets.  Was quite satisfying to see them trying to steal another players customized car only to have the Mercs roll-up in their jeep and shoot one of the guys in the head and then take off.  Best $7500 I spent so far.

Although not always successful, for the cheap price and high entertainment value, the muggers and mercs are one of my GTA guilty pleasures.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

The first time I called the mercs they didn't do anything, very disappointing. The muggers are fun as hell though, especially with friends that just started playing.

victor1987
  • victor1987

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

mugger is by far my fav!! love how he just sneaks up like an npc then stabs the person..its so unexpected 

edub1906
  • edub1906

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

mugger is by far my fav!! love how he just sneaks up like an npc then stabs the person..its so unexpected 

That is definitely the best part--the fact that the mugger looks like just any other NPC makes it hilarious

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Called the mercs to help me with a griefer the other day. I killed the griefer and then get a call from Merryweather saying they dealt with the problem. I wasn't happy with the service.

That said the mugger needs better balancing. I was tailing a guy I wanted to mug the other day as I'd never really played with this mechanic yet. I found my unsuspecting target wandering the desert on foot. I watched from above as I was flying a heli so I saw the mugger sneak up on him and get the money which was great! I landed my chopper and killed the player, then killed the mugger and got a measly 198$.

1000$ for the mugger + ammo for a return of 198$!? It's kinda bullsh*t if you ask me.

They also need to figure out some kind of quickdial too, you can't just quickly do this sh*t without planning and by the time you've got everything in motion the target could easily bank their cash assuming I knew someone had over 2k on them.

It's really not worth it as it is right now. The mugger needs to cost like 100$ and THEN it would start being a fun tool to use on other players. As it is right now it's pretty pointless to me.

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Yeah the ATM via phone needs to stop. Everyone just insta-banks

edub1906
  • edub1906

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I don't think Rockstar put the mugger in to be a huge cash grab for us.  They probably put him in just for laughs.  We know that not every player is going to be carrying a lot of cash and I believe the max you can get from the mugger is $2000 anyway. 

Doubt they expected the mugger to be part of our strategy for making a ton of cash.  It's just another fun way to irritate players and have fun with friends.  For a measly $1000 this is money well spent to me.

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

I think the muggers are brilliant!  Last night someone put one on me.  I'm casually waiting for a friend outside ammunation and an npc pulls up in a mini.  I thought, cool programming.  He crept toward me and only when I drew a weapon he turned around and walked away casually lol.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Only used each one once.

The mercenaries could not reach the target and, when I wound up killing him, they took credit for it.

The mugger was successful, but the guy had no cash.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users