we cant sit

is it that hard to code this thing in the game

• ten-a-penny and Liquid_Snake_LosSantos like this

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

Do you really want to sit on a bench? I mean wouldn't you want something cooler like a wing suit or something?

• Kifflom! likes this

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

And yet, dumb*sses like you complain for yoga, and now ask for even dumber things like this.
  • TheDust likes this

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

I don't think he's a dumbass for asking about a feature, slow your roll cowboy.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

There are people who like to roleplay, or just sit around waiting  for their online friends to arrive at you.

I'd do this, sadly its only doable in peoples apartments or the barber shop.

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by Kifflom!, 30 October 2013 - 01:19 PM.

Do you really want to sit on a bench? I mean wouldn't you want something cooler like a wing suit or something?

yeah wing suits would be f*cking epic

There are people who like to roleplay, or just sit around waiting  for their online friends to arrive at you.

I'd do this, sadly its only doable in peoples apartments or the barber shop.

thats me

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Sitting is something I feel Rockstar missed out on in both GTA IV and V. I really don't know why it's not in there

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

You can sit on benches chairs and beds in the new pokemon games, All you gotta do is walk up to them, Would've been easy to code that into gta..

• Kifflom! likes this

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Yeah... I suppose that would be good, as long as it doesn't cause them to omit some other cooler function...

it is a little weird to have the character standing all the time... but if I had the choice to have a peeing action instead, I would choose that... How many time have you shot the corpse of an stubborn enemy till it just got boring or you ran out of ammo?

Peeing on them would add that extra cherry on the whipped cream of contempt after you ran out of bullets.

We didn't get a cheat code for a jetpack or riot mode, but we still get that same f**king TRASHMASTER code we have had from GTA III... I can't help but feel if there was no trashmaster cheat maybe we could at least have some other slightly more useful cheat code... I'd even take "sit when bored".... I'd prefer "pee on enemies", but I suppose thats just a personal expression of anger and contempt that only me and chimpanzees share.

There is the poop flinging too... which I hardly ever do anymore.

But okay... sitting down would be a good detail to add to the character animations... AND it could be the starting point for a "Poop on enemies" code... 

But I suppose one thing at a time.

Yeah, good point though.

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by gta_aus, 30 October 2013 - 03:19 PM.

I loved the feature in la noire. I sat on benches on a regular basis.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Exactly in LA Noire but not in V

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Its just about development time really. You have to draw the line somewhere and actually finalise the product for release.

Sure they could of added the feature in a day, but then someone needs to put in several days of testing work. Testing the feature with every outfit on, what happens when a car hits the bench while you are sitting on it. Sticky bombs. What happens if you stack benches by ramming them, then try to sit on one.

Even a tiny feature requires many man hours to implement you know, so like I said you have to draw the line somewhere, othereise you would be adding things forever.
  • JoeB likes this

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Sitting and free-crouching is what really detracts from the freedom of this game. You can steal cargo planes and fly them into buildings, you can steal military jets, and bring down the entire weekend soldier army, but you above all things cannot sit on a bench or use any other cover than the open fence that R* gave you.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

totally agree 1000000000000000000% :^:

we have all types of sh!t to do in the game.....can't sit :sui:

YOU DID THAT IN BULLY WHY YOU CAN'T DO IT HERE? :wtf:

And yet, dumb*sses like you complain for yoga, and now ask for even dumber things like this.

then why this feature was in Bully? :bored:

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

I would've preferred sitting over yoga any day of the week. Yoga is such a red flag as to where R*'s mind is at.

lionofjudah7
  • lionofjudah7

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

I don't think he's a dumbass for asking about a feature, slow your roll cowboy.

i think you should slow your roll , go to redtube and squeeze out a hot nut and then slap yourself in the face with it 

Calavera999
  • Calavera999

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by Calavera999, 30 October 2013 - 04:32 PM.

Yea totally, I would much rather be able to sit on benches than be able to go parachuting or play Golf. But games developers spend time and resources on the wrong things :(

Samcharles
  • Samcharles

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

It seems like Rockstar ran out of time to implement everything they wanted to. For example all the for sale signs of places you cannot buy. It would appear with so many they may have been thinking of making it possible to purchase all kinds of properties. Many stores look like they should be enter-able but when you get to the door you can't open it.

I agree crouching is a feature I wish was in. It would help me not get killed so much when I'm trying to run and stick my guy to some cover.

Maybe with the DLC they will implement some of these things but I'm not holding my breath.

All that being said I think GTA:V is a great game overall and I'm still very much enjoying playing it despite some its shortcomings.

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

I would've preferred sitting over yoga any day of the week. Yoga is such a red flag as to where R*'s mind is at.

I'm pretty sure they just included yoga for the advertising, just to maintain the illusion that there's much more than the game actually has to offer.

• AtomicPunk likes this

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

It seems like Rockstar ran out of time to implement everything they wanted to. For example all the for sale signs of places you cannot buy. It would appear with so many they may have been thinking of making it possible to purchase all kinds of properties. Many stores look like they should be enter-able but when you get to the door you can't open it.

I agree crouching is a feature I wish was in. It would help me not get killed so much when I'm trying to run and stick my guy to some cover.

Maybe with the DLC they will implement some of these things but I'm not holding my breath.

All that being said I think GTA:V is a great game overall and I'm still very much enjoying playing it despite some its shortcomings.

Nah bro, my guess is that they don't even have a crouching animation other than cover. I can't imagine crouching being added in place of the bad posture system that doesn't work.

ILS_Supernova
  • ILS_Supernova

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

I too wish it was in . . .the switching character animation sometimes has 1 of the three sitting somewhere so the animation is kinda there already . . .dont know much of game coding but yess I agree this should be in!

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

I agree.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

no f*cking sitting option? wtf, im calling gamestop like, right now!!!

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

What??? NO SITTING OPTIONS!!!! Pre-order cancelled.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Pre-Order Cancelled

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:09 PM Edited by Kifflom!, 30 October 2013 - 06:09 PM.

no f*cking sitting option? wtf, im calling gamestop like, right now!!!

What??? NO SITTING OPTIONS!!!! Pre-order cancelled.

Pre-Order Cancelled

up to you then jackasses i didnt say they didnt add a sitting feature ruined the whole game

• ten-a-penny likes this

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

The f*ck people, go play The Sims simulator, this is GTA.

motosyko
  • motosyko

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

I know that feel bro, everytime I sit on a bench in real life I think, DAMN. I wish u could do this in gta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users