Photo

Why does the PC get so much hate?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic
727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

You answered your own question there. They are hated because they are smug. It is actually sad people argue over what platform they play, then need to get out more and get some friends. GTA on PC will be great so there is no need to argue about it. 

• DeafMetal likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Undeniable fact.

However, PC gamers tend to be the biggest arseholes on the planet, even calling themselves 'the master race'. Look how that turned out for Hilter and his arian vision. It's not the PCs I hate, it's the people using them. 

Don't even get me started on their contradictory, hypocritical, use of Windows when they all claim to hate Microsoft. 

Lol, its amazing how people can generalise the whole f*cking planet ...

Yeah, it happens to console gamers all the time. It happens to EVERYONE all the time. 

What's your point? Mine's valid, I've seen it happen a hundred times on various forums. PC gamers are totally up their own arses, just because they have the opportunity to upgrade their graphics cards once a year (with daddy's cash). 

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:08 PM Edited by DE4TH, 30 October 2013 - 02:08 PM.

Also the great thing about PCs is that you can change video settings, mod games, install fixes made by the community instead of waiting for the developers to release patches which may never come etc. The PC is simply better in every way.

This is the problem, you need to do all of this just to make the game the better. I do nothing on a console, and enjoy the crap out of it.

Skyrim is a great example. On the Console there are issues, it has bugs and quality issues. But it is absolutely amazing and has great replay value, totally worth the money to purchase it. On the PC it was pretty much the same. But then when you mod the hell out of it, it is absolutely beautiful and you can change things to be what you want them to be. But before all of that, it is basically the same game, people even play it on their PC with an Xbox controller.

So at face value, there isn't an incredible difference, the game is designed with the engine it has. Until that is upgraded by mods, it will perform nearly the same.

Basically, it all depends on the effort you care to put into the game. You want to just play it for what it is, then great, neither PC or Console will be much different for you. You want to increase the quality of the game, then go with the PC.

You don't need to do any of that, it's completely optional. The PC version is still superior because the framerate is better, the graphics, the draw distance, loading times, more choices, etc. 

Now, I've never played Skyrim. I'm not aware of what bugs and glitches it has, but why would anyone want to play the buggy/glitchy version if they knew that there was an easy fix?

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:08 PM Edited by RuiRuichi, 30 October 2013 - 02:09 PM.

(And yeah the smug PC master races dudes are douches)

Does that answer your question?

The PC community will never get the acceptance and respect it wants because of their radical comrades.

Machine Head
  • Machine Head

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

You guys dont come of as elitist you come off as sad nerds eating.popcorn off your belly in your mums basement......

By the time it comes to pc gta will be dead with people on ps4 or xbox one playing new titles,

While you guys make videos for youtube with 200 viewers.....

Games are evolving with the focus being consoles, get rid of consoles you get rid of the gaming industry.

You're forgetting the fact that there will be a modding community for GTA V keeping this game alive; that'll be the main reason as to why PC gamers will buy it.

An example is the Iron Man mod by H1vlt4g3; that came out 2 maybe 3 months ago for a ~5 year old game (GTA 4), and has received no end of praise. Not to mention the dozens of other mods still being supported for IV.

Assuming Rockstar are doing a good job with the port then we may be seeing an avid GTA V modding community for years to come.

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

Also the great thing about PCs is that you can change video settings, mod games, install fixes made by the community instead of waiting for the developers to release patches which may never come etc. The PC is simply better in every way.

This is the problem, you need to do all of this just to make the game the better. I do nothing on a console, and enjoy the crap out of it.

Skyrim is a great example. On the Console there are issues, it has bugs and quality issues. But it is absolutely amazing and has great replay value, totally worth the money to purchase it. On the PC it was pretty much the same. But then when you mod the hell out of it, it is absolutely beautiful and you can change things to be what you want them to be. But before all of that, it is basically the same game, people even play it on their PC with an Xbox controller.

So at face value, there isn't an incredible difference, the game is designed with the engine it has. Until that is upgraded by mods, it will perform nearly the same.

Basically, it all depends on the effort you care to put into the game. You want to just play it for what it is, then great, neither PC or Console will be much different for you. You want to increase the quality of the game, then go with the PC.

You don't need to do any of that, it's completely optional. The PC version is still superior because the framerate is better, the graphics, the draw distance, loading times, more choices, etc. 

Now, I've never played Skyrim. I'm not aware of what bugs and glitches it has, but why would anyone want to play the buggy/glitchy version if they knew that there was an easy fix?

I've played plenty of games on both PC and Console, I spoil myself and feed my gaming addiction like a fat kid eating cake.

The difference is hardly worth paying $1,500 for a high quality gaming rig (Before Mods).

The examples you have stated, are not leaps and bounds better on a typical PC. I can promise you this, The PS4 costs $400 and the Xbox One costs $500, buy a PC that is between that price range and play a game that is on both Console and PC, show me the incredible difference. There will be hardly any difference at all. I can say this because the same held true for PS3 and 360, you buy a computer that costs the same price as those consoles and you will not get superior quality. Even if you built it yourself.

Now if you build the best gaming rig you can, you will get quality that is far beyond what the console can provide. But not everyone is made of money, many are hardcore gamers, but have other responsibilities which requires their money be spent on things that are not a sick PC.

So yeah, a Ferrari will our perform a Honda Civic any day of the week, no questions asked. But the Honda Civic costs under $20k and a Ferrari costs a few hundred thousand. But in the end, the civic gets you where you need to go for less cost and it is still a good car to drive and it is comfortable. The Ferrari will get you there in style and is a ton of fun, but will cost you an arm and a leg and when it's time to replace parts or get it fixed, you will pay more than the cost of the Honda Civic just fixing the Ferrari.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:49 PM Edited by DE4TH, 30 October 2013 - 02:50 PM.

I've played plenty of games on both PC and Console, I spoil myself and feed my gaming addiction like a fat kid eating cake.

The difference is hardly worth paying $1,500 for a high quality gaming rig (Before Mods).

The examples you have stated, are not leaps and bounds better on a typical PC. I can promise you this, The PS4 costs $400 and the Xbox One costs $500, buy a PC that is between that price range and play a game that is on both Console and PC, show me the incredible difference. There will be hardly any difference at all. I can say this because the same held true for PS3 and 360, you buy a computer that costs the same price as those consoles and you will not get superior quality. Even if you built it yourself.

Now if you build the best gaming rig you can, you will get quality that is far beyond what the console can provide. But not everyone is made of money, many are hardcore gamers, but have other responsibilities which requires their money be spent on things that are not a sick PC.

So yeah, a Ferrari will our perform a Honda Civic any day of the week, no questions asked. But the Honda Civic costs under $20k and a Ferrari costs a few hundred thousand. But in the end, the civic gets you where you need to go for less cost and it is still a good car to drive and it is comfortable. The Ferrari will get you there in style and is a ton of fun, but will cost you an arm and a leg and when it's time to replace parts or get it fixed, you will pay more than the cost of the Honda Civic just fixing the Ferrari.

I'm not discussing the price or availability for the average joe, I'm simply discussing what is better. I've heard people claim that consoles are objectively better than PCs, which is what annoys me. But I get your point.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Consoles are best suited for gamers want to simply play, just place the disc, install and enjoy.
You can carry console with you anywhere. Ease of use, Simple to handle. Nothing to worry about, from kids to adults, from celebs to CEO's all prefer Consoles for all-in-one entertainment.
Also the next gen brings much goodies and they are now a complete entertainment box

PC is significantly better in handling games by allowing support for CUSTOMIZATION and OPTIONS TO CHOOSE how you play it.
PC gaming is most popular among PC enthusiasts who spent maximum time on computers either for living or working on it for professional or personal interest
It is not for casual people who do not understand the intricate details PC offers to get the best gaming show over the computer screen.
Still simplicity in buying a decent PC and assembling them to your needs are easy with help of experts in market providing assistance at low or reasonable cost.
PC also provides a lot of other stuff which is well known to all.
Overall for gaming PC is best suited to everyone, be it casual gamers, rich executives or simply PC lovers.

In short, console is unnecessarily put up against PC, console is made for games alone and specific online entertainment that obviously can't perform office work, making audit reports or company financial statements.

PC has a big role and not limited to gaming.
  • Osho likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 30 October 2013 - 03:00 PM.

Like it or not, the game will be superior on the PC

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

The PC community will never get the acceptance and respect it wants because of their radical comrades.

The same thought can be applied to console fan-boys. PC elitists and console  fan-boys are both impolite douches.

I'm a PC gamer, I don't give a sh*t about mods and I know the PC version will be, at least, graphically superior. Yet, I don't feel the need to rub it on console gamer's faces, that's just childish, as childish as console fan-boys insulting PC gamers. Everyone has its right of choice, and if someone wants to choose consoles over PC, it's perfectly fine. Same in the opposite way.

If PC version is inferior to consoles in any way, I'll accept it because I chose PC gaming, but I'm not going to come here arguing it's inferior because of consoles. I expect the same respect from console players when it comes to the things that are inferior in their version compared to PC.

• DeafMetal likes this

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Consoles are best suited for gamers want to simply play, just place the disc, install and enjoy.
You can carry console with you anywhere. Ease of use, Simple to handle. Nothing to worry about, from kids to adults, from celebs to CEO's all prefer Consoles for all-in-one entertainment.
Also the next gen brings much goodies and they are now a complete entertainment box

PC is significantly better in handling games by allowing support for CUSTOMIZATION and OPTIONS TO CHOOSE how you play it.
PC gaming is most popular among PC enthusiasts who spent maximum time on computers either for living or working on it for professional or personal interest
It is not for casual people who do not understand the intricate details PC offers to get the best gaming show over the computer screen.
Still simplicity in buying a decent PC and assembling them to your needs are easy with help of experts in market providing assistance at low or reasonable cost.
Overall for gaming PC is best suited to everyone, be it casual gamers, rich executives or simply PC lovers.

In short, console is unnecessarily put up against PC, console is made for games alone and specific online entertainment that obviously can't perform office work, making audit reports or company financial statements.

Very well said.

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

The same thought can be applied to console fan-boys. PC elitists and console  fan-boys are both impolite douches.

I'm a PC gamer, I don't give a sh*t about mods and I know the PC version will be, at least, graphically superior. Yet, I don't feel the need to rub it on console gamer's faces, that's just childish, as childish as console fan-boys insulting PC gamers. Everyone has its right of choice, and if someone wants to choose consoles over PC, it's perfectly fine. Same in the opposite way.

If PC version is inferior to consoles in any way, I'll accept it because I chose PC gaming, but I'm not going to come here arguing it's inferior because of consoles. I expect the same respect from console players when it comes to the things that are inferior in their version compared to PC.

Also very well said.

I play on my PS3, 360, DS, SNES, NES, Genesis and PC

I like to ensure that I can play any game I want no matter if they are exclusives or if there is a version on a platform that is better than the rest.

And I love old school gaming, so I have some of those legacy consoles as well.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:23 PM Edited by brootalperry, 30 October 2013 - 03:36 PM.

do rockstar actually like people modding their ultimate masterpiece

They've featured PC mods on Newswire before, so yes, they do.

Edit: Here, for your ignorant viewing pleasure http://www.rockstarg...r-gtaiv-pc.html 

http://www.rockstarg...creenshots.html

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

So much fail here

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

You guys dont come of as elitist you come off as sad nerds eating.popcorn off your belly in your mums basement......

By the time it comes to pc gta will be dead with people on ps4 or xbox one playing new titles,

While you guys make videos for youtube with 200 viewers.....

Games are evolving with the focus being consoles, get rid of consoles you get rid of the gaming industry.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sbpNVHPa6IE

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vXKZo9uWCMM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3WhPFFe2bs0

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Not sure how getting rid of consoles would remove the industry as a whole.

It would definitely have a huge impact on the industry though.

Gamers range from 3 - 80 years old. Anyone over 16 years old would have the ability to get a job and save up and buy a PC to play games with. They may actually already have their own which was purchased by their parents.

But that is where my concern is. Some (maybe even many) parents are not too keen on buying a PC for their kids. It offers way too much freedom to venture into things that they may not want their child to see or do. A console is pretty easy to lock down, the Parental controls are very easy to use. This is not the case for all parents and PC's. I dunno about some of you, but my parents are not IT Professionals and are actually pretty intimidated by computers.

For gamers ages 3-16, their parents are the ones doing the purchasing and if you give the child complete freedom of what they can download and play, then whats the point in ESRB ratings and such. Parents would lose control over the content that their children are exposed to.

So yeah, removing Consoles would have a pretty interesting effect on the market.

LRW
  • LRW

Chubster

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

I'll tell you one thing PC isnt better for......

..... Playing GTA V.

:ph34r:

Anyway. I just dont see the issue. So what, some people like gaming on a PC. So what, some people like gaming on a console. Am I missing something? Does it really matter - why do the two sides have to hate each other?

Or is it because Im in my 30's and dont understand the issues of a 15yr old?

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

This issue has jack sh*t to do with a pc being able to run games better. Its about certain people, described as pc elitists, who do nothing but brag about owning a high end pc because they want to try and feel superior. That is what a pc elitist is, somebody who owns a gaming pc primarily to brag about it and actually playing games on it is a secondary concern.
  • SCOOBASTEEB likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

..... Playing GTA V.

HUH??
I think you are wrong here.
PC is better for any game. Consoles are also good to play the game.
Problematic is the greed and satisfaction of any player.

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

The hate towards eachother comes from the statement Rockstar made about not making a PC version at all, and people would still be in denial, thinking it would come to PC later. Then it just mounded up until this point.

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

People don't hate PC's, they hate people that play them and start shouting about how much better they are for no reason when nobody even mentions it... like now.

No better than the bible bashers that stand in the centre of town and blurt out crap.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

The hate towards eachother comes from the statement Rockstar made about not making a PC version at all, and people would still be in denial, thinking it would come to PC later. Then it just mounded up until this point.

What statement do you speak of?

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

People don't hate PC's, they hate people that play them and start shouting about how much better they are for no reason when nobody even mentions it... like now.

No better than the bible bashers that stand in the centre of town and blurt out crap.

It comes off as selfish, but it's actually selfless. They want you to experience the goodness that is PC.
See, once you get a high-powered pc, you finally understand that consoles are nothing but moneymaking machines, used to get the child to beg the mother for the game, the $30 a month online card, the DLC.

Especially the DLC.

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

“Hey Rockstar, I'm curious whether you are planning on releasing GTA V on the PC...” – received via Mouthoff
“You've probably been asked before, but is GTA V coming for next gen consoles also?” @tomtoon2010

The only versions of the game that we have announced are for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 which are set for a September 17th worldwide release. We don’t have anything to share about the possibility of a next-gen or a PC platform release at this time and we are completely focused on delivering the best possible experience for the consoles people have right now.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:28 PM Edited by spamtackey, 30 October 2013 - 04:30 PM.

..... Playing GTA V.

HUH??

Oh yes, because:

Dark Souls ran so good before someone modded it. I'm sure all the people who have no idea how to mod their games or who wouldn't even want to will find it so much fun. 

Deadly Premonition also apparently needs mods.

Bully for PC should be playable on any decent pc, but my old pc (which could run GTA SA at 1680 x 1050) couldn't run it without massive lag. The port was awful.

Condemned Criminal Origins runs so good with the bug that having a keyboard and mouse plugged in somehow makes the framerate go to sh*t. 

I still can't play Mini-Ninjas without unplugging my mouse and keyboard due to a strange pausing that it causes for no reason whatsoever. This also applies to Kane and Lynch and a few other EIdos games. 

Saint's Row 2 also runs like sh*t on different builds.

Do I need mention how GTA IV's port is a gamble based upon your rig? My friend with better specs can't get a good framerate, while I can get 55-58 FPS at 1080p with everything but shadows maxed.

Where are GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories for PC? It's hard to play a game that wasn't ported.

Resident Evil 4 for PC didn't even ship with the proper textures and shading enabled. Nor does the game have mouse control. Mods only give awkward aiming that feels nothing like true mouse control. How is the PC better for RE4?

Why can't I even start Star Wars Republic Commando? It just crashes every time I try to open it. 

Or how about that good ol' DRM? I only had 5 installs for Arkham City until recently. What about Games for Windows Live? If the rumors are true it's going to go away and several games will be left without a method to save, because for some reason GFWL required logging in to save. What about that? 

There are pros and cons to every method of playing games. The PS3 doesn't beat the 360 and the 360 doesn't beat the PS3 and the PC is generally better than both graphically, but it still has its own cons. 

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

It comes off as selfish, but it's actually selfless. They want you to experience the goodness that is PC.
See, once you get a high-powered pc, you finally understand that consoles are nothing but moneymaking machines, used to get the child to beg the mother for the game, the $30 a month online card, the DLC.

Especially the DLC.

I know PC's are technically better.. but my xbox fits rather well under my TV and is easily more comfotable to play than sitting in an office chair. I dont care if it is technically better, i prefer consoles because they are made for gaming, 'get a high end PC' ... No, It's my money i'll do what i want with it. Like someone else on here said, they spend more time trying to make themselves feel better than they do actually playing on them. I've experianced many of my friends 'high end' PC's and it's just not as good and chilling out with a standard pad IN MY OPINION :panic:

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

I would give my two cents in the matter, but since the thread turned into another ridiculous talk of idiots vs idiots, where the main argument was forgotten and the old stinky "piracy", "master race", "best gaming platform" came into play I'll let it go as it is.

On a side note this thread is the reason for all the OP questions, all the platforms have idiots, egocentrics, selfish and jealous that can't stand the difference, so their defense is act like morons to avoid facing the reality and keep pretending that the world spins around their heads and their choice is supreme. In other words there is no respect for the difference.

• RedDagger likes this

LRW
  • LRW

Chubster

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

..... Playing GTA V.

HUH??

You seem to have missed the subtle humour of my post. GTA V doesn't exist for PC, therefore it cant be better at it....

You see ?

Reshe
  • Reshe

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

I would give my two cents in the matter, but since the thread turned into another ridiculous talk of idiots vs idiots, where the main argument was forgotten and the old stinky "piracy", "master race", "best gaming platform" came into play I'll let it go as it is.

On a side note this thread is the reason for all the OP questions, all the platforms have idiots, egocentrics, selfish and jealous that can't stand the difference, so their defense is act like morons to avoid facing the reality and keep pretending that the world spins around their heads and their choice is supreme. In other words there is no respect for the difference.

And then there's you, standing towering above all of us idiots for having opinions.

All hail silver wolf, with his master easy-to-make opinion of opinions.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:52 PM Edited by Xerukal, 30 October 2013 - 04:53 PM.

“Hey Rockstar, I'm curious whether you are planning on releasing GTA V on the PC...” – received via Mouthoff
“You've probably been asked before, but is GTA V coming for next gen consoles also?” @tomtoon2010

The only versions of the game that we have announced are for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 which are set for a September 17th worldwide release. We don’t have anything to share about the possibility of a next-gen or a PC platform release at this time and we are completely focused on delivering the best possible experience for the consoles people have right now.

Oh, seriously? This quote? 

I don't see a clear denial there, lol. 

We don't have anything to share about the possibility of a next-gen or PC platform release at this time. 

Would they not outright say; "No we aren't releasing it for X reason" if there were no plans for a PC version? Like they did with RDR?

Besides, this;

All we can say is that whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise) for us to release a game for PC (or any other particular platform) – we will and we usually do; unfortunately, that is just not the case 100% of the time for all platforms."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users