Why does the PC get so much hate?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic
TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Like it or not, the game will be superior on the PC. This is also coming from a strictly console gamer who has no intentions of getting V on the pc when it releases.

I can't wait to see what the PC community does to V it should be impressive to say the least.

(And yeah the smug PC master races dudes are douches)

• ayushisrocking and yonatan755 like this

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

People don't hate the PC, they hate the people that plays it on the PC
  • TheDust and Jacob-B like this

creed200569
  • creed200569

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

They dont hate the PC, they are just of people talking about how much better it will be on PC. Who gives a crap. 

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

People don't hate the PC, they hate the people that plays it on the PC

And I hate morons....  Wether they play on consoles and pc.  :D

Really tho.. I own a pc and console so the smartest thing to do is get it all!!    Then the only people that hate are the jealous ones.   Muhahahhha

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

Because when you say things like 

Like it or not, the game will be superior on the PC

It comes off as elitist and that's annoying.

• DeafMetal likes this

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

You answered your own question at the end there.

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

do rockstar actually like people modding their ultimate masterpiece

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

PC are superior tho.  Its just the way it is...    Its not annoying or elitist, that's insane.

That's like someone on a pedal bike getting mad that a dirt bike is faster.. Its just the way it is.

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

It may come off like that... but it is true. The game on the PC will have a whole sh*t load of mods and cool things you can add to the game. Consoles can't do that bro.

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:32 PM Edited by kvic, 30 October 2013 - 01:32 PM.

why DO YOU JUST LIKE CONSOLES , i for one enjoy building a system to suit MY needs ,I like installing faster video cards ,cpu's , hdd's basicly everything about PC'S consoles are about one thing quick and easy money all stamped out the same ,don't get me wrong I do own a 360 and when I bought 5 yesterday to tie me over till the PC version comes out it's the first time in 6 month's I started the xbox.

• jptawok likes this

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

I don’t think it’s about hate. It’s a piracy issue since it’s a lot harder to make pirated versions of a console game, especially for the ps3. I’m hoping though that the team will get more time to port it to next-gen consoles and PC. GTA IV obviously didn’t have that and was a really crappy port. I can’t wait to see what it will look like on the PC. Will be interesting to see what my overclocked EVGA GTX 780 Classified manages to pull off it.

jonkoroken420
  • jonkoroken420

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:33 PM Edited by jonkoroken420, 30 October 2013 - 01:34 PM.

I like playing games on PC.

I did want the PC version to come out way after the PS3 version, since MOST people on PC would just download it.

Even though the PS3 version was pirated already, Many people do not have their PS3 jailbroken.

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

PC are superior tho.  Its just the way it is...    Its not annoying or elitist, that's insane.

That's like someone on a pedal bike getting mad that a dirt bike is faster.. Its just the way it is.

You misunderstand the point. It has nothing to do with how powerful a pc is, and everything to do with how pc elitists act.

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

I like playing games on PC.

I did want the PC version to come out way after the PS3 version, since MOST people on PC would just download it.

Even though the PS3 version was pirated already, Many people do not have their PS3 jailbroken.

You really shoud'nt say MOST people ,I for one have never downloaded ANY of the GTA series games ,and PC gamers are not the only one's who pirate games I can point you to a few places online where you can dl xbox games.

Machine Head
  • Machine Head

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

It’s a piracy issue since it’s a lot harder to make pirated versions of a console game, especially for the ps3.

Lol nope. GTA V was on numerous ISO websites DAYS before it came out... For both 360 and PS3.

• Street Mix likes this

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

It may come off like that... but it is true. The game on the PC will have a whole sh*t load of mods and cool things you can add to the game. Consoles can't do that bro.

You have also missed the point entirely. It has nothing to do with how powerful a pc is or what it is capable of.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Like it or not, the game will be superior on the PC. 

Undeniable fact.

However, PC gamers tend to be the biggest arseholes on the planet, even calling themselves 'the master race'. Look how that turned out for Hilter and his arian vision. It's not the PCs I hate, it's the people using them. 

Don't even get me started on their contradictory, hypocritical, use of Windows when they all claim to hate Microsoft. 

• Jacob-B likes this

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Finally someone capable of comprehension!

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

git gud or get rekt

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

When it comes to performance the PC is better in every way, saying that doesn't make you arrogant or an "elitist". Look at it like this: the PS3 and Xbox 360 are computers too, only they're outdated, obviously modern high-end PCs are going to be better. It's like comparing the speed of a normal 1930's car to a normal modern car, the modern car is obviously going to be faster. Also the great thing about PCs is that you can change video settings, mod games, install fixes made by the community instead of waiting for the developers to release patches which may never come etc. The PC is simply better in every way.

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

When it comes to performance the PC is better in every way, saying that doesn't make you arrogant or an "elitist". Look at it like this: the PS3 and Xbox 360 are computers too, only they're outdated, obviously modern high-end PCs are going to be better. It's like comparing the speed of a normal 1930's car to a normal modern car, the modern car is obviously going to be faster. Also the great thing about PCs is that you can change video settings, mod games, install fixes made by the community instead of waiting for the developers to release patches which may never come etc. The PC is simply better in every way.

Again, misunderstood the issue.

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Like it or not, the game will be superior on the PC. 

Undeniable fact.

However, PC gamers tend to be the biggest arseholes on the planet, even calling themselves 'the master race'. Look how that turned out for Hilter and his arian vision. It's not the PCs I hate, it's the people using them. 

Don't even get me started on their contradictory, hypocritical, use of Windows when they all claim to hate Microsoft. 

I really don't think people hate Micro$oft i's just the money grubbing attitude they hate.

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

The problem I have is the PC players claiming that the game will be better on PC (Any game past of present) Then when it comes out, they complain about all the bugs and quality issues saying that the game was rushed for PC and that the Console players are catered to. Then they have to mod the crap out of the game to make it better than the console version and then gloat about how much better it is.

It is really stupid.

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

The problem I have is the PC players claiming that the game will be better on PC (Any game past of present) Then when it comes out, they complain about all the bugs and quality issues saying that the game was rushed for PC and that the Console players are catered to. Then they have to mod the crap out of the game to make it better than the console version and then gloat about how much better it is.

It is really stupid.

You mean to say that if you could mod the game on the xbox you would'nt ,you would'nt  like to make the game suit your expectations ?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

jealousy 

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Also the great thing about PCs is that you can change video settings, mod games, install fixes made by the community instead of waiting for the developers to release patches which may never come etc. The PC is simply better in every way.

This is the problem, you need to do all of this just to make the game the better. I do nothing on a console, and enjoy the crap out of it.

Skyrim is a great example. On the Console there are issues, it has bugs and quality issues. But it is absolutely amazing and has great replay value, totally worth the money to purchase it. On the PC it was pretty much the same. But then when you mod the hell out of it, it is absolutely beautiful and you can change things to be what you want them to be. But before all of that, it is basically the same game, people even play it on their PC with an Xbox controller.

So at face value, there isn't an incredible difference, the game is designed with the engine it has. Until that is upgraded by mods, it will perform nearly the same.

Basically, it all depends on the effort you care to put into the game. You want to just play it for what it is, then great, neither PC or Console will be much different for you. You want to increase the quality of the game, then go with the PC.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

do rockstar actually like people modding their ultimate masterpiece

I wouldn't really call it ultimate masterpiece.

It is a good game yeah, but far from being a masterpiece.

As for the hate on PC? Most (keyword: NOT ALL) console gamers (mind you, I also game on console, for the time being anyway), are 12-15 year old kids who don't understand a sh*t about PCs, I've had my cousin who's 12 say that a console is much more powerful than a PC, regardless.

It made me want to smack him one in the face.

As for those who get pissed off when people say the game will be superior, the truth hurts, but neither should PC gamers say it.

so, hmph

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Also the great thing about PCs is that you can change video settings, mod games, install fixes made by the community instead of waiting for the developers to release patches which may never come etc. The PC is simply better in every way.

This is the problem, you need to do all of this just to make the game the better. I do nothing on a console, and enjoy the crap out of it.

Skyrim is a great example. On the Console there are issues, it has bugs and quality issues. But it is absolutely amazing and has great replay value, totally worth the money to purchase it. On the PC it was pretty much the same. But then when you mod the hell out of it, it is absolutely beautiful and you can change things to be what you want them to be. But before all of that, it is basically the same game, people even play it on their PC with an Xbox controller.

So at face value, there isn't an incredible difference, the game is designed with the engine it has. Until that is upgraded by mods, it will perform nearly the same.

Basically, it all depends on the effort you care to put into the game. You want to just play it for what it is, then great, neither PC or Console will be much different for you. You want to increase the quality of the game, then go with the PC.

Right on the money.

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

It’s a piracy issue since it’s a lot harder to make pirated versions of a console game, especially for the ps3.

Lol nope. GTA V was on numerous ISO websites DAYS before it came out... For both 360 and PS3.

Sure, but you need a "second" console that you never bring online in order to play it if I'm not misstaken. "harder to make" was a mistake. But on a PC you can use your PC as usual and play the game just fine, just not access any of the online modes.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Undeniable fact.

Lol, its amazing how people can generalise the whole f*cking planet ...

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

You guys dont come of as elitist you come off as sad nerds eating.popcorn off your belly in your mums basement......

By the time it comes to pc gta will be dead with people on ps4 or xbox one playing new titles,

While you guys make videos for youtube with 200 viewers.....

Games are evolving with the focus being consoles, get rid of consoles you get rid of the gaming industry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users