Photo

Banhammer List

90 replies to this topic
VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

Dude, again. I totally 100% agree with you. To my eyes it's exactly as you say, verbatim. The question is does R* agree with us? As black & white as it seems to us, it might not to R*.

R* agrees with us on this one :) All their history is full of loosely dealing with hackers and almost no action against cheaters. It won`t change with this game :) And there are a LOT of cheaters and hackers before one open garage that I entered with a mission car :p

I was inclined to agree until I got a response more or less telling me I was on the ban list because of it. Here's hoping it was an auto response or the guy just skimmed and replied as stated by someone earlier.

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Dude, again. I totally 100% agree with you. To my eyes it's exactly as you say, verbatim. The question is does R* agree with us? As black & white as it seems to us, it might not to R*.

R* agrees with us on this one :) All their history is full of loosely dealing with hackers and almost no action against cheaters. It won`t change with this game :) And there are a LOT of cheaters and hackers before one open garage that I entered with a mission car :p

I was inclined to agree until I got a response more or less telling me I was on the ban list because of it. Here's hoping it was an auto response or the guy just skimmed and replied as stated by someone earlier.

Would you put money that you're on a ban list or are you just choosing to make a bigger deal over it then you should? 

The answer is: No, you're not on a ban list. The answer will always be NO until it actually happens. All this BS is just a waste of time. 

dferg
  • dferg

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

"I have added them to the banhammer list, they should be taken care of soon."

What sort of company would use language like this? I smell bullsh*t from an attention seeking OP. Just look at the title of the post couldnt be more dramatic

what a c*nt the OP is

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

I'm well aware of the effort that goes into a game like this, especially on the support side. These folks NEED the complainers, the whiners, the bitc*es, and the moaners. Granted, I'm sure they would appreciate their criticisms being more constructive, but they're important all the same.
Oh and as far as "support" for R* ... Moral or otherwise, they just earned a billion dollars, and mostly solid reviews from the press. They aren't looking for support from peons they are looking for glitch/bug reports.

For someone who is well aware, as you put it, you would also know Rockstar did NOT earn one billion dollars, their game grossed one billion dollars. That money is then split between them, their production company, the distributor and taxes.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:09 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 October 2013 - 03:11 PM.

Would you put money that you're on a ban list or are you just choosing to make a bigger deal over it then you should? 

The answer is: No, you're not on a ban list. The answer will always be NO until it actually happens. All this BS is just a waste of time. 

One more thing: What he said is impossible anyway.

The ONLY official stance Rockstar has RIGHT NOW is about unwanted large money gifts. http://support.rocks...ch-Notes?page=2 .

There was an attempt at clearing up something about glitchers, but the answer got deleted.

So, you see, there is no official policy about bans, past the one I linked above, so he is either full of sh*t, or you are. Either way, it is STILL a non-issue. Regardless, he CANNOT add you on a ban list that doesn`t exist.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

What sort of company would use language like this? I smell bullsh*t from an attention seeking OP. Just look at the title of the post couldnt be more dramatic

what a c*nt the OP is

Screenshot is in the Topic post now. 

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

what a c*nt the OP is

Good job? Thanks for solidifying your lameness with pics I guess...

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Really?  With people out there glitching hundered of millions of dollars, you worry about selling a car a couple times?  Not just worried, so worried and guilt stricken that you emailed rockstar and snitched on yourself.  That's pretty pathetic to be honest.  Of course they just sent you an auto-reply, you're such a small fish that they didn't feel like wasting any time on you.

Seriously this. I didn't read the lengthy back and forth whining.

But you farmed a mission which was already clearly stated by rockstar is perfectly fine, it's a balancing issue on their end and has nothing to do with glitching or cheating or banning.

Wtf drugs u on OP?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:25 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 October 2013 - 04:27 PM.

Look at post #65.

He cannot ban you on criteria that doesn`t exist.

Regardless of the wording used, he has NO supporting Legal / EULA article to ban you, let alone the lack of any Rockstar official policy past large gift hacks.

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

I am just encouraged banning is coming, the pic looks legit.  I submitted a player complaint for system tampering, haven't gotten a response...I know its mean but I cannot wait for the Banned for what? topics that will pepper this forum very soon.  It will justify why I have played the game fair the entire time and not given into easy money glitches.

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Look at post #65.

He cannot ban you on criteria that doesn`t exist.

Regardless of the wording used, he has NO supporting Legal / EULA article to ban you, let alone the lack of any Rockstar official policy past large gift hacks.

If you think they cannot ban you for just about anything "they" don't like, check out the forza forum's, they will ban you for anything cheat related, glitching, selling other peoples work.  If you have an inordinate ammount of money and no race time etc, banned.  And all the Why am I banned? threads end the same way, violation of rules and policies blah blah blah, your ban cannot be appealed, blah blah blah, direct questions to Turn10 blah blah, thread locked.

stonebonez
  • stonebonez

Jaw Breaker

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by stonebonez, 30 October 2013 - 05:05 PM.

@OP, Regretfully I have to question the mentality of a person such as yourself. Why are people like you playing a game like GTA in the first place? This game allows you to commit grand larceny, ruthless homicide and kill endless hordes of law enforcement (and actually tracks the stat and gives awards for it), and yet you're so guilt stricken about some trivial effort to make a few extra bucks that you decide to snitch on yourself to RS customer support..? Considering the 'quality' of this forum, I'm honestly surprised that so many people here addressed your post in a fairly rational manner, because the truth is that your endeavor can only be considered absolute nonsense, like some others have already pointed out.

This game is rife with serious issues involving character and progression loss and server-side stability that RS is struggling to deal with on a daily basis. They're also getting inundated with countless emails concerning game balance and DLC requests, yet it seemed reasonable to you to send a ticket to customer support over something like this? C'mon man, be serious. The fact that you were even concerned that you might get into some kind of trouble over something like this tells me that maybe it's time for you to put the controller down and go play something more in line with your temperament.

This is a game, a form of entertainment for people to enjoy from time to time, not some digital manifesto from RS about personal morality. This issue that people are having with whether or not somebody's made their money in the game through "legit" means is an absolute waste of time. RS will try to correct the major issues that affect game stability and then maybe (if we're lucky) tune the gameplay a bit in response to customer feedback. They will then get back to the job of creating new content for them to market and sell to prolong the life of their product. Just like nearly every other game developer out there, and in the interim they may deal with the exception of player's actually hacking the game code. Those are the realistic expectations... if they can even deliver them. Everyone's efforts should focus on helping them make the game a bit better through realistic (key word!) constructive criticism, this is what they asked for. Not nutthugging and ass kissing...

Weedity
  • Weedity

The Weed Deity Don Weedity

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Another f*cking stupid ban thread? Really? This forum DOES suck.

Nobody is going to get banned. Rockstar has NO plans to ban anyone. They never did, never will, so stop making these f*cking lame ass ban threads and make a thread actually f*cking worthwhile. 

Cause ya know, Rockstar creeps on everyone and knows they are "cheating" n stuff right? 

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Really?  With people out there glitching hundered of millions of dollars, you worry about selling a car a couple times?  Not just worried, so worried and guilt stricken that you emailed rockstar and snitched on yourself.  That's pretty pathetic to be honest.  Of course they just sent you an auto-reply, you're such a small fish that they didn't feel like wasting any time on you.

Seriously this. I didn't read the lengthy back and forth whining.

But you farmed a mission which was already clearly stated by rockstar is perfectly fine, it's a balancing issue on their end and has nothing to do with glitching or cheating or banning.

Wtf drugs u on OP?

What drugs I'm on is totally irrelevant to the conversation, thank you very much. 

I am just encouraged banning is coming, the pic looks legit.  I submitted a player complaint for system tampering, haven't gotten a response...I know its mean but I cannot wait for the Banned for what? topics that will pepper this forum very soon.  It will justify why I have played the game fair the entire time and not given into easy money glitches.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to bans myself. I just hope I'm not lumped into them is all, lol. From the evidence I've seen R* will be banning people, the question is what is going to qualify you. There's the obvious, like mods, or hacks, or duplication glitches that net tens of millions. And there's also the 'Grey' area, with smaller glitches and exploits that may or may not be 'illegal', and aren't game-breaking. 

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

At the end of the day R* Wont make much money for selling in game money anyway - so glitching some cash aint no big problem to them. 

They will make the money from DLC content like new area's etc..

Things that cant be gotten without paying for.

This is why the new guns and cars DLC is free - everyone would just copy the cars and get them for free once the DLC was live.

They will come down on people hard that mod the game and change it. There is laws against that so they can come after you.

PLUS - most of the Glitchers will buy the DLC's that have new areas or cities as they don't want to be left behind. They glitch / cheat because they want to be at the top of the list for best cars, most money etc...

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

I'm well aware of the effort that goes into a game like this, especially on the support side. These folks NEED the complainers, the whiners, the bitc*es, and the moaners. Granted, I'm sure they would appreciate their criticisms being more constructive, but they're important all the same.
Oh and as far as "support" for R* ... Moral or otherwise, they just earned a billion dollars huge, yet to be determined amount of money, and mostly solid reviews from the press. They aren't looking for support from peons they are looking for glitch/bug reports.

For someone who is well aware, as you put it, you would also know Rockstar did NOT earn one billion dollars, their game grossed one billion dollars. That money is then split between them, their production company, the distributor and taxes.

There fixed.

Are you upset because I degraded peons in my comment?

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

@OP, Regretfully I have to question the mentality of a person such as yourself. Why are people like you playing a game like GTA in the first place? This game allows you to commit grand larceny, ruthless homicide and kill endless hordes of law enforcement (and actually tracks the stat and gives awards for it), and yet you're so guilt stricken about some trivial effort to make a few extra bucks that you decide to snitch on yourself to RS customer support..? Considering the 'quality' of this forum, I'm honestly surprised that so many people here addressed your post in a fairly rational manner, because the truth is that your endeavor can only be considered absolute nonsense, like some others have already pointed out.

This game is rife with serious issues involving character and progression loss and server-side stability that RS is struggling to deal with on a daily basis. They're also getting inundated with countless emails concerning game balance and DLC requests, yet it seemed reasonable to you to send a ticket to customer support over something like this? C'mon man, be serious. The fact that you were even concerned that you might get into some kind of trouble over something like this tells me that maybe it's time for you to put the controller down and go play something more in line with your temperament.

This is a game, a form of entertainment for people to enjoy from time to time, not some digital manifesto from RS about personal morality. This issue that people are having with whether or not somebody's made their money in the game through "legit" means is an absolute waste of time. RS will try to correct the major issues that affect game stability and then maybe (if we're lucky) tune the gameplay a bit in response to customer feedback. They will then get back to the job of creating new content for them to market and sell to prolong the life of their product. Just like nearly every other game developer out there, and in the interim they may deal with the exception of player's actually hacking the game code. Those are the realistic expectations, if they can even deliver them. Everyone's efforts should focus on helping them make the game a bit better through realistic (key word!) constructive criticism, this is what they asked for. Not nutthugging and ass kissing...

Thanks for your opinion. 

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Another f*cking stupid ban thread? Really? This forum DOES suck.

Nobody is going to get banned. Rockstar has NO plans to ban anyone. They never did, never will, so stop making these f*cking lame ass ban threads and make a thread actually f*cking worthwhile. 

Cause ya know, Rockstar creeps on everyone and knows they are "cheating" n stuff right? 

Worthwhile like how to cheat and glitch? Lol

WhutsAGamertag
  • WhutsAGamertag

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

@VitalEcho

not sure why you blacked out your name in their responses and not in your posts, probably i must have missed something.

I am not glitching or exploiting but at this stage i am 100% sure nobody is getting banned for selling cars, replaying missions etc..
not even if you tuned a car up to 49k and dupe it and sell it all over again.

THE WORST CASE SCENARIO
is that you get on the bad sports server for a couple of days because if they would intend to ban people they would put out warnings now that the game is 1 month old.
Fact is that the game is played by millions and only a few thousands have exploited it. It is like peeing in the ocean and being scared there will be a flood.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

OP, you're stupid. Why would rockstar ban you for that kind of reason?
Rockstar added on purpose that modded vehicle, its real price without mods is around 9k?

Another attention seeker, /thread

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

@VitalEcho

not sure why you blacked out your name in their responses and not in your posts, probably i must have missed something.

I am not glitching or exploiting but at this stage i am 100% sure nobody is getting banned for selling cars, replaying missions etc..
not even if you tuned a car up to 49k and dupe it and sell it all over again.

THE WORST CASE SCENARIO
is that you get on the bad sports server for a couple of days because if they would intend to ban people they would put out warnings now that the game is 1 month old.
Fact is that the game is played by millions and only a few thousands have exploited it. It is like peeing in the ocean and being scared there will be a flood.

I actually replaced my name with my gamertag originally after copy/pasting. The support system goes through e-mail and my e-mail contains my full name, which I'd rather keep private(as if anything really is now days). When I took the screenshot, I blacked out my name. 

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Honestly, I'm looking forward to bans myself. I just hope I'm not lumped into them is all, lol. From the evidence I've seen R* will be banning people, the question is what is going to qualify you. There's the obvious, like mods, or hacks, or duplication glitches that net tens of millions. And there's also the 'Grey' area, with smaller glitches and exploits that may or may not be 'illegal', and aren't game-breaking. 

I highly doubt that farming will be put into that group, I suspect system tampering and the bike clitch will be the primary sources of the ban, but to be honest, I know nothing about how this will be implemented.  Normally, ban issues are pretty black and white or were so over used that they effected the percieved fairness of the game, kind of a joke as it is covered in this forum extensively, how do you define morality in a game where you can kill anything and everything for any reason.  The fact remains, as ridiculous as it is, there is not doubt in my mind bans are coming.  If there was before today, the doubt was killed by the OP's picture or the R* response.  Alot of the hostility on this thread is the first stages of dealing with a tragedy, denial.  R* has a plan to implement cash cards into the game.  In order for that to be effective or worth it, glitching will have to be discouraged, in order for it to be discouraged effectively people will have to be banned.  I also suspect bans are coming sooner than later.  As for the original reason for the post, I do think the OP could have effectively screwed himself.  Complaining will likely get the object of that complaint on a watch list, but not banned outright.  But once again, speculation.  I hope that the bans cover people who knew better and excludes any gray areas you could be referring to.  There is always a way out of bans as well, new box, new GT.  Good luck to everyone, I suggest you play fair, if its too late, enjoy it while it lasts.  Or I could be talking out of my a$$.  Bans or not, I love this game and am not going to stop playing if no bans come.  Money is nothing in this game to skill.  Cheaters are not breaking the game and they never will.  In fact they are just elevating mine.  So, I guess, thanks.

• VitalEcho likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 October 2013 - 05:43 PM.

If you think they cannot ban you for just about anything "they" don't like, check out the forza forum's, they will ban you for anything cheat related, glitching, selling other peoples work.  If you have an inordinate ammount of money and no race time etc, banned.  And all the Why am I banned? threads end the same way, violation of rules and policies blah blah blah, your ban cannot be appealed, blah blah blah, direct questions to Turn10 blah blah, thread locked.

It depends on how they want to read the words "no cheating is allowed". 

In his case, he is picking the mission by phone as intended, going to the target as intended, getting inside the target`s car as intended by game mechanics general application, drive around and try to park inside personal garage as intended.

There is NOTHING even remotely close to glitching, as there is not a single thing he is doing outside the normal mechanics or the game - go on a mission, clear said mission, park a car inside his garage. Therefore, they CANNOT classify him as a cheater.

And no company on this Earth will survive mass bans for no good reason.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

OP, you're stupid. Why would rockstar ban you for that kind of reason?
Rockstar added on purpose that modded vehicle, its real price without mods is around 9k?

Another attention seeker, /thread

My question as well. The fact that he sort of told me I'm on a ban list contradicts you a bit, though doesn't it? Why does every thread with the word 'Ban' in it have to be attention seeking? We can't discuss something? This thread brings up quite a few discuss-able topics. 

1. Will rockstar actually ban people? According to most, no. According to the reply I received from R*, yes.

2. Is it okay to save mission-only cars? According to most, yes. According to the reply I received from R*, no. 

3. Is the OP a stupid idiot? According to quite a few replies, yes. I'd have to disagree with this one, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

4. Does R* support help answer players with questions or issue, or is it basically just a big survey to identify major problems? Which would be fine, but What use is tech support if they can't answer a question? I'm cool with patiently waiting my turn, but I sort of expected an answer to my question, you know?

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

I highly doubt that farming will be put into that group, I suspect system tampering and the bike clitch will be the primary sources of the ban, but to be honest, I know nothing about how this will be implemented.  Normally, ban issues are pretty black and white or were so over used that they effected the percieved fairness of the game, kind of a joke as it is covered in this forum extensively, how do you define morality in a game where you can kill anything and everything for any reason.  The fact remains, as ridiculous as it is, there is not doubt in my mind bans are coming.  If there was before today, the doubt was killed by the OP's picture or the R* response.  Alot of the hostility on this thread is the first stages of dealing with a tragedy, denial.  R* has a plan to implement cash cards into the game.  In order for that to be effective or worth it, glitching will have to be discouraged, in order for it to be discouraged effectively people will have to be banned.  I also suspect bans are coming sooner than later.  As for the original reason for the post, I do think the OP could have effectively screwed himself.  Complaining will likely get the object of that complaint on a watch list, but not banned outright.  But once again, speculation.  I hope that the bans cover people who knew better and excludes any gray areas you could be referring to.  There is always a way out of bans as well, new box, new GT.  Good luck to everyone, I suggest you play fair, if its too late, enjoy it while it lasts.  Or I could be talking out of my a$$.  Bans or not, I love this game and am not going to stop playing if no bans come.  Money is nothing in this game to skill.  Cheaters are not breaking the game and they never will.  In fact they are just elevating mine.  So, I guess, thanks.

Well said.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

what a c*nt the OP is

Good job? Thanks for solidifying your lameness with pics I guess...

My actual goal was to satisfy everyone saying 'Fake' and 'Troll'. If I solidified my lameness with the pic, then I'll just consider it a bonus. 

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

who cares. a month later rockstar is still working on the same old problems while glitchers and hackers have taken over the lobbies.

Mamilo1
  • Mamilo1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Imo you have to be a retard to worry about this and actaully send an email to R*. They send you a sh*tty reply because your issue is pretty dumb and you had no reason to email them.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Seems fake, they actually used the word banhammer, makes them look like idiots

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

The OP is a milk drinker. Gets scared of getting banned for no reason. Th eonly way you get banned is if someon accuses you and provides evidence.. Don't be such a girly man, just play the damn game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users