Photo

Banhammer List

90 replies to this topic
VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

That doesn`t mean you should have not used your brain before you used his time. He`s actually smart, by the looks :) . He could have helped a REAL issue with the time he took with a stupid question.

Not really up to debate the validity of my question. Or to analyze the I.Q. of the tech who sent me a couple of pre-written automated responses.  Thanks for your opinion on the matter though.

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

[/quote]
That doesn`t mean you should have not used your brain before you used his time. He`s actually smart, by the looks :) . He could have helped a REAL issue with the time he took with a stupid question.[/quote]

Well said.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

What this looks like to me is this. The first email was just glazed over and when you responded, he tried to answer your first question but did not read it properly and thought you were talking about someone else.

If you did not give your gamer tag, and I am assuming by what is written here that you did not, I would not worry about it.

It looks like he was just giving you a response to what to do in case you found someone exploiting.

deek2303
  • deek2303

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

OP GTFO you trolling mug.

No customer support would use such colloquial terms as 'banhammer' and 'concrete evidence'. 

Again, if you think this is fake, don't waste your own time by replying. Just laugh at everyone that 'fell for it'. You'll notice in my post history I've never trolled. In a couple hours I'll be on a better computer and will put a screenshot up for everyone. Until then, lets go under the assumption that I may actually be telling the truth, and that I'm not trolling. When I don't put a screenshot up in a few hours, or when it looks faked, then everyone can start calling me a troll. Deal?

Still fake.

My friend told me, you only get responses from R* if you talk dirty to them and include links to pics of you in your moms underwear in the support ticket.

He's legit.

• oneilc19 likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:26 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 October 2013 - 02:27 PM.

That doesn`t mean you should have not used your brain before you used his time. He`s actually smart, by the looks :) . He could have helped a REAL issue with the time he took with a stupid question.

Not really up to debate the validity of my question. Or to analyze the I.Q. of the tech who sent me a couple of pre-written automated responses.  Thanks for your opinion on the matter though.

You are trying to put blame onto the Rockstar employee because he didn`t answer, or answered in an unsatisfactory manner TO YOU the following question: Is the red actually red? 

You have to understand that your problem doesn`t exit, from a technical point of view. It is using the game mechanics in the way they were intended by the developers - which is as clear as you can see it. He can`t answer the question: "Is the red actually red?". 

Still can`t see the problem?

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

To be absolutely fair, because your garage isn't marked on the map I'm not entirely sure this is how it was intended by rockstar

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

lmfao, I think he answered it perfectly. 

Like he probably laughed at you considering the question. You're a pretty lame dude, OP. You really need to fill whatever the void is in your life so you can stop worrying about petty sh*t like this. 

I will pray for you to find happiness in the future since the present is looking pretty fkn grim for you. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

To be absolutely fair, because your garage isn't marked on the map I'm not entirely sure this is how it was intended by rockstar

Your garage IS marked on the map.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Still fake.

My friend told me, you only get responses from R* if you talk dirty to them and include links to pics of you in your moms underwear in the support ticket.

He's legit.

Who knows, you might be right. I'll go raid my mom's room in a few minutes and try again.

What this looks like to me is this. The first email was just glazed over and when you responded, he tried to answer your first question but did not read it properly and thought you were talking about someone else.

If you did not give your gamer tag, and I am assuming by what is written here that you did not, I would not worry about it.

It looks like he was just giving you a response to what to do in case you found someone exploiting.

I'd have to agree with you on that. And I hope that's how it all unfolded. It'd be a shame to be banned for something I asked if you could be banned about before I got too out of hand with it. As I've said, I'll find out when it happens. I'm sure I'll know when the banhammer drops. It makes a pretty big bang.

You are trying to put blame onto the Rockstar employee because he didn`t answer, or answered in an unsatisfactory manner TO YOU the following question: Is the red actually red? 

You have to understand that your problem doesn`t exit, from a technical point of view. It is using the game mechanics in the way they were intended by the developers - which is as clear as you can see it. He can`t answer the question: "Is the red actually red?". 

Still can`t see the problem?

You're going under the assumption that the question is pretty black & white. Which may be how you see it. And I honestly agree with you. To me, this seems like a pretty clear-cut feature of the game. But the argument that 'Its in the game, it's legal' can't really be applied. The duplicating glitch that allows millions of income in a short amount of time is also in the game. Only R* can say what was intended and what was overlooked. My real question summarized into a single sentence; "Is this intended to be done'. It's feasible that rockstar didn't intend access to your garage in missions. Which would explain the mission icon. I was looking to clarify this. So while to you and me both this seems like something that is legal, Rockstar may have a differing opinion/point-of-view.

ShalowGravy
  • ShalowGravy

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

crying over violent duct payouts,  =  good luck catching up w/ your buddys bank account

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Not mid mission during Out of Court Settlement it isn't

• Phyxsius- likes this

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

Well said. That's pretty much my entire point summed up.

lmfao, I think he answered it perfectly. 

Like he probably laughed at you considering the question. You're a pretty lame dude, OP. You really need to fill whatever the void is in your life so you can stop worrying about petty sh*t like this. 

I will pray for you to find happiness in the future since the present is looking pretty fkn grim for you. 

Thanks for your concern, but I'm actually pretty happy. And not really too worried about this whole situation. Just because I bring it to the attention of everyone doesn't mean I'm freaking out. I figure there's plenty of info to glean from all of this for others who can connect the dots.

For one; Saving mission-based cars may not be legal or an intended function of the game in R*'s eyes.

Another; Rockstar will be banning cheaters, for those who don't believe it, as evidenced by the 2nd reply I received.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

You're going under the assumption that the question is pretty black & white. Which may be how you see it. And I honestly agree with you. To me, this seems like a pretty clear-cut feature of the game. But the argument that 'Its in the game, it's legal' can't really be applied. The duplicating glitch that allows millions of income in a short amount of time is also in the game. Only R* can say what was intended and what was overlooked. My real question summarized into a single sentence; "Is this intended to be done'. It's feasible that rockstar didn't intend access to your garage in missions. Which would explain the mission icon. I was looking to clarify this. So while to you and me both this seems like something that is legal, Rockstar may have a differing opinion/point-of-view.

You`re splitting hairs now.

Glitching is cheating. Whether you agree or not with me is irrelevant.

Selling a car that is part of a mission isn`t cheating.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

This may be where you're confused. The only way to save the car is to go to your garage mid-mission and save it. During the mission your garage is not marked on the map. But if you go where it is, you still have access. This is why I'm not sure this was an intended function of the game by R*.

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

This may be where you're confused. The only way to save the car is to go to your garage mid-mission and save it. During the mission your garage is not marked on the map. But if you go where it is, you still have access. This is why I'm not sure this was an intended function of the game by R*.

So? Only thing that matters is you can go to it any time during a mission. Why does it have to be  "oh its probably not intended therefore its wrong" jesus fkn christ guys, how lame can you people be? I'm literally embarrassed to be posting in the same forum as you. Congrats on achieving the maximum level of fa**otry.  

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

You`re splitting hairs now.

Glitching is cheating. Whether you agree or not with me is irrelevant.

Selling a car that is part of a mission isn`t cheating.

We're pretty obviously going nowhere with this one. Can you and I agree to disagree?

dferg
  • dferg

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Really?  With people out there glitching hundered of millions of dollars, you worry about selling a car a couple times?  Not just worried, so worried and guilt stricken that you emailed rockstar and snitched on yourself.  That's pretty pathetic to be honest.  Of course they just sent you an auto-reply, you're such a small fish that they didn't feel like wasting any time on you.

haha perfectly true

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Was about to apologize to him.

And it is still not cheating, because you are driving normally to your apartment, park normally in your garage, then walk normally to your garage then proceed at selling the car normally.

Not your problem that Rockstar didn`t make garage impossible to enter inside missions.

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

So? Only thing that matters is you can go to it any time during a mission. Why does it have to be  "oh its probably not intended therefore its wrong" jesus fkn christ guys, how lame can you people be? I'm literally embarrassed to be posting in the same forum as you. Congrats on achieving the maximum level of fa**otry.  

Shocking isn't it, people actually having a civil discussion about what GTA:O is intended to be on a GTA:O forum. Maybe I should just call people butthurt and fa**ots and stuff

• VitalEcho likes this

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

By your argument the only thing that matters is that you can duplicate an expensive car and sell it multiple times in a short amount of time. Thereby gaining millions of GTA$. Your argument is that 'if you can physically do it, you're allowed to'. I can physically pee on the sidewalk outside of city hall. That doesn't mean I won't be arrested.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

Shocking isn't it, people actually having a civil discussion about what GTA:O is intended to be on a GTA:O forum. Maybe I should just call people butthurt and fa**ots and stuff

You should. It's clearly the way to go.

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

By your argument the only thing that matters is that you can duplicate an expensive car and sell it multiple times in a short amount of time. Thereby gaining millions of GTA$. Your argument is that 'if you can physically do it, you're allowed to'. I can physically pee on the sidewalk outside of city hall. That doesn't mean I won't be arrested.

Ahhh, you compare this game to real life.

It all makes sense now, I forgot some people can't separate the two. 

Carry on.

FeaRx
  • FeaRx

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

*yawn*

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:46 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 October 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Let`s assume we have a mission that involves a tank. Let`s assume tanks can be parked normally into player garages.

1. If I can go with the tank at any time during the mission to my garage and park it normally, just as I`d do with any car - go in front of garage then get inside automatically - that`s normal usage of game mechanics. Not my fault as player because Rockstar didn`t "cover" this option I might take inside a mission.

2. If I go with the tank at any time during the mission to my garage and park it in ANY way that is not going to the door then getting teleported to the garage - that is glitching. Glitching is cheating.

Common sense dictates that, as long as I am using NORMAL and REGULAR game mechanics, Rockstar will not touch me. And going with a car at ANY time, even inside a mission, to my garage and enter normally IS normal game mechanic :) . It is up to Rockstar to identify potential ways of doing missions differently than their in-house testers, not me. They cannot hold me responsible for what THEY didn`t found out / didn`t think.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:48 PM Edited by Kromix, 30 October 2013 - 02:50 PM.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Ahhh, you compare this game to real life.

It all makes sense now, I forgot some people can't separate the two. 

Carry on.

Just a metaphor dude. Point is, yes it's a game. But there are certain rules, put in place by R*, that determines if you can freely play the game, or if you a a detriment to the community. If R* (or that asshole cop that saw you peeing on the sidewalk outside of city hall) decides you qualify as a detriment, you are removed from said community. The difference is that in the real world I know what I'm allowed to do and not do. As far as the game goes, I wasn't sure if it was okay, so I asked. Sorry if I offended anyone by my actions?

deek2303
  • deek2303

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Still fake.

He's legit.

Who knows, you might be right. I'll go raid my mom's room in a few minutes and try again.

AHA!! This proves it's fake.. Your reply implies that you didn't get a response from R*, hence you have to follow my legit friends advice :p

Congrats on your well tempered replies, I jumped on your thread because I'm incensed by all the troll/ban threads that keep appearing..

In deference to your level headed responses, I'll leave your thread alone now and lurk elsewhere ;)

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Let`s assume we have a mission that involves a tank. Let`s assume tanks can be parked normally into player garages.

1. If I can go with the tank at any time during the mission to my garage and park it normally, just as I`d do with any car - go in front of garage then get inside automatically - that`s normal usage of game mechanics. Not my fault as player because Rockstar didn`t "cover" this option I might take inside a mission.

2. If I go with the tank at any time during the mission to my garage and park it in ANY way that is not going to the door then getting teleported to the garage - that is glitching. Glitching is cheating.

Common sense dictates that, as long as I am using NORMAL and REGULAR game mechanics, Rockstar will not touch me. And going with a car at ANY time, even inside a mission, to my garage and enter normally IS normal game mechanic :)

Dude, again. I totally 100% agree with you. To my eyes it's exactly as you say, verbatim. The question is does R* agree with us? As black & white as it seems to us, it might not to R*.

• Phyxsius- likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:53 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 October 2013 - 02:54 PM.

Dude, again. I totally 100% agree with you. To my eyes it's exactly as you say, verbatim. The question is does R* agree with us? As black & white as it seems to us, it might not to R*.

R* agrees with us on this one :) All their history is full of loosely dealing with hackers and almost no action against cheaters. It won`t change with this game :) And there are a LOT of cheaters and hackers before one open garage that I entered with a mission car :p

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

AHA!! This proves it's fake.. Your reply implies that you didn't get a response from R*, hence you have to follow my legit friends advice :p

Congrats on your well tempered replies, I jumped on your thread because I'm incensed by all the troll/ban threads that keep appearing..

In deference to your level headed responses, I'll leave your thread alone now and lurk elsewhere ;)

Well. Thanks, I think? Lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users