» «
Photo

Banhammer List

90 replies to this topic
VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:08 PM Edited by VitalEcho, 30 October 2013 - 06:18 PM.

So I sent a message into rockstar not long ago asking for clarification about the mission Out of Court Settlement. In this mission is is possible to save the lawyer's car, then sell it for a cool 22K. I did this quite a few times, then began to get worried it may be considered cheating. So I went ahead and sent R* a message asking their opinion of this. The correspondence below, it's a bit lengthy but bear with me:

if4d.jpg

So. Does anyone else think this smells a little like bullsh*t? Seems like a smartass way to go about it on R*'s end. Granted I got a bit testy when the response I finally got didn't answer my question. But it seems to me I now may be on the 'banhammer' list for mainly just being a smartass. We'll see what happens!

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

To be honest I think Preston just saw your incredibly dull and long winded email and couldn't be f*cked because you're moaning about something that no one cares about.
I don't blame him.
  • Moonshield, MEX waapaaa 6 and PS-B_C like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

That method for the 22k takes way too long to be considered an exploit.

jonkoroken420
  • jonkoroken420

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

fake & OP = Fag

• MEX waapaaa 6 likes this

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

fake & OP = Fag

Can't comment on the latter, but this is the exact response another used got from reporting glitchers, so it's not a fake.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

To be honest I think Preston just saw your incredibly dull and long winded email and couldn't be f*cked because you're moaning about something that no one cares about.
I don't blame him.

Well my message didn't really have any complaints in it at all until I got the 1st response. So....sorry you didn't want to read it? If that was the case why did you?

That method for the 22k takes way too long to be considered an exploit.

That was sort of my reasoning. Plus there's still the time limit between car sales at LS.

fake & OP = Fag

If you think it's fake why waste your own time posting about it? I assure you it is real. I'll put a screenshot up of the convo in a bit.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:24 PM Edited by iSkreenLooker, 30 October 2013 - 01:40 PM.

I'm so scared of the banhammer!

FarVision
  • FarVision

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Out of the 29 million people playing

http://kotaku.com/gt...ne-m-1454269789

Lots of millions are probably playing online.  Out of these, probably hundreds of thousands are having issues, and thousands of those are actually writing Rockstar about it.   They probably don't have hundreds of people pounding out support tickets all day long.  

So they are probably trying to wade through thousands of emails a day, and get replied to in the simplest and quickest manner possible.  

What are you going to do?  Get your money back?  Complain more?  There is no further incentive to them for having a solid support channel.  

echocrack
  • echocrack

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

Really?  With people out there glitching hundered of millions of dollars, you worry about selling a car a couple times?  Not just worried, so worried and guilt stricken that you emailed rockstar and snitched on yourself.  That's pretty pathetic to be honest.  Of course they just sent you an auto-reply, you're such a small fish that they didn't feel like wasting any time on you.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:40 PM Edited by VitalEcho, 30 October 2013 - 01:42 PM.

Out of the 29 million people playing

http://kotaku.com/gt...ne-m-1454269789

Lots of millions are probably playing online.  Out of these, probably hundreds of thousands are having issues, and thousands of those are actually writing Rockstar about it.   They probably don't have hundreds of people pounding out support tickets all day long.  

So they are probably trying to wade through thousands of emails a day, and get replied to in the simplest and quickest manner possible.  

What are you going to do?  Get your money back?  Complain more?  There is no further incentive to them for having a solid support channel.  

I get that. And I agree they likely received thousands of tickets per day. So I was willing to wait for an answer. I fully expected at least a week or three for a response. And I see the use of having some replies Pre-baked so they can efficiently grind through all these tickets. I thought my question was a pretty straight-forward Yes or No type of deal. How can legitimate players avoid bans and such when R* won't even let us know what would qualify us for a ban. Some are obvious; when you're earning millions at a time, for example. Other situations are a little more grey.

To clarify, this thread isn't so much about me bitching. If I get the banhammer, so be it. It happened, I'll deal with it. I'm more aiming to discuss that apparently the practice of saving cars from missions is indeed frowned upon. Also looking to discuss the R* support system and it's effectiveness, or lack there of.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

fake & OP = Fag

Can't comment on the latter, but this is the exact response another used got from reporting glitchers, so it's not a fake.

Yep that is exactly the same response I got from R* when reporting a hacker

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Really?  With people out there glitching hundered of millions of dollars, you worry about selling a car a couple times?  Not just worried, so worried and guilt stricken that you emailed rockstar and snitched on yourself.  That's pretty pathetic to be honest.  Of course they just sent you an auto-reply, you're such a small fish that they didn't feel like wasting any time on you.

I'm honestly not too worried about it. Even now, being told that I'm apparently on a list, I'm kind of cool with it. I won't be happy when/if it happens, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. My reasoning was that I could quit while I was ahead in the event it was frowned upon, and in the event if wasn't I planned to cash in while I could.

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Holy sh*t - havent you twigged that it's an automated reply system that picks out key words from your mail and assigns the most appropriate response ?

Jeezo.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

That lawyers car is for you to do with as you wish.

Banhammer? Doubt it highly.

deek2303
  • deek2303

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

OP GTFO you trolling mug.

No customer support would use such colloquial terms as 'banhammer' and 'concrete evidence'. 

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

concrete evidence isn't a colloquialism, and given the email address you report to is banhammer@ I'd imagine you're wrong.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Holy sh*t - havent you twigged that it's an automated reply system that picks out key words from your mail and assigns the most appropriate response ?

Jeezo.

It took days to receive the first response. An automated system I would expect to be a bit more efficient.

That lawyers car is for you to do with as you wish.

Banhammer? Doubt it highly.

I doubted it as well, but I apparently put a target on my back by getting smart with Preston. He seems to have a short fuse. :lol:

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

OP GTFO you trolling mug.

No customer support would use such colloquial terms as 'banhammer' and 'concrete evidence'. 

Again, if you think this is fake, don't waste your own time by replying. Just laugh at everyone that 'fell for it'. You'll notice in my post history I've never trolled. In a couple hours I'll be on a better computer and will put a screenshot up for everyone. Until then, lets go under the assumption that I may actually be telling the truth, and that I'm not trolling. When I don't put a screenshot up in a few hours, or when it looks faked, then everyone can start calling me a troll. Deal?

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

I'm glad you got clarification on that subject.
I like how you puckered up and kIssed their hairy a**h*les at the end... Dont listen to complaints? Are you kidding? Criticism has more value than your puff of hot air.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

I doubt you'd be banned for doing that. Duping cars and selling them for massive profits though is another story.

I'm thinking it'll be fairly easy for them to figure out what cars have been duped. I know for certain it's not difficult to find out who got their money from selling cars vs doing jobs so looking at that stat should make it fairly easy for them to identify glitchers from legit players.

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

As my dear old mother used to say to me, "Keep yer nut doon, otherwise it'll only get blown the f*ck off"

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

I like how you puckered up and kIssed their hairy a**h*les at the end... Dont listen to complaints? Are you kidding? Criticism has more value than your puff of hot air.

I'm actually not one to usually complain. I've grown so tired of seeing everyone complain constantly when they really don't know what is involved in fixing 'simple' issues. I was trying to show support, which I'm pretty sure rockstar is seeing sh*t-little of. The unhappy minority will always drown out the majority.

I doubt you'd be banned for doing that. Duping cars and selling them for massive profits though is another story.

I'm thinking it'll be fairly easy for them to figure out what cars have been duped. I know for certain it's not difficult to find out who got their money from selling cars vs doing jobs so looking at that stat should make it fairly easy for them to identify glitchers from legit players.

I'm sure they can, but I've apparently by-passed that usual process. XD

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Too many folks glitching...there will be no bans.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 October 2013 - 02:01 PM.

The answer is really polite for the little argumentative piece of sh*t consumer that wrote it, without trying to use his brain.

It IS NOT an exploit, because it is INGAME business. It is a mission which involves a car that was decided a price on, or has an automatic price set by the game devs, aka Rockstar. You finding the better price and selling is the same as hitting Replay on a mission that paid too much for the time it took .

The question falls under: Stupid and irrelevant questions. You not seeing it won`t make it anything else.

tl;dr: You won`t get banned in a million years doing that.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

I'm actually not one to usually complain. I've grown so tired of seeing everyone complain constantly when they really don't know what is involved in fixing 'simple' issues. I was trying to show support, which I'm pretty sure rockstar is seeing sh*t-little of. The unhappy minority will always drown out the majority.

I'm sure they can, but I've apparently by-passed that usual process. XD

True, if you did get banned i'd contact rockstar and ask to speak with that guys supervisor and explain that you think he's trying to ban you out of spite. I'm sure that's frowned upon.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

The answer is really polite for the little argumentative piece of sh*t consumer that wrote it, without trying to use his brain.

It IS NOT an exploit, because it is INGAME business. It is a mission which involves a car that was decided a price on, or has an automatic price set by the game devs, aka Rockstar. You finding the better price and selling is the same as hitting Replay on a mission that paid too much for the time it took .

The question falls under: Stupid and irrelevant questions. You not seeing it won`t make it anything else.

I tried to use it, but it just wouldn't work!

But seriously, I didn't think I'd get banned either. But I didn't want to risk it at the same time, so I took it to support. The response I got is basically in direct contradiction to what I thought, and you posted.

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

I'm well aware of the effort that goes into a game like this, especially on the support side. These folks NEED the complainers, the whiners, the bitc*es, and the moaners. Granted, I'm sure they would appreciate their criticisms being more constructive, but they're important all the same.
Oh and as far as "support" for R* ... Moral or otherwise, they just earned a billion dollars, and mostly solid reviews from the press. They aren't looking for support from peons they are looking for glitch/bug reports.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

True, if you did get banned i'd contact rockstar and ask to speak with that guys supervisor and explain that you think he's trying to ban you out of spite. I'm sure that's frowned upon.

Of course I'd try it, but I'd just be one of the hundreds or thousands claiming I was wrongly banned. And although the general consensus here if that it would be a 'wrongful' ban, R* may think differently on the subject. I'd expect about the same type of response I received to my original question either way.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

I tried to use it, but it just wouldn't work!

But seriously, I didn't think I'd get banned either. But I didn't want to risk it at the same time, so I took it to support. The response I got is basically in direct contradiction to what I thought, and you posted.

That doesn`t mean you should have not used your brain before you used his time. He`s actually smart, by the looks :) . He could have helped a REAL issue with the time he took with a stupid question.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

I'm well aware of the effort that goes into a game like this, especially on the support side. These folks NEED the complainers, the whiners, the bitc*es, and the moaners. Granted, I'm sure they would appreciate their criticisms being more constructive, but they're important all the same.
Oh and as far as "support" for R* ... Moral or otherwise, they just earned a billion dollars, and mostly solid reviews from the press. They aren't looking for support from peons they are looking for glitch/bug reports.

A good point. That being said I manage the 'Customer Concern' department where I work. I would definitely appreciate it if more people let me know what we were doing right in addition to all the bitching and moaning I constantly deal with. I get that the job is to listen to the bitching and moaning, but I'm much more likely to resolve the situation in the customer's favor if they're nice about it and not a bitch-and-moan waterfall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users