» «
Photo

Boneyard. you're doing it wrong.

41 replies to this topic
demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:01 PM Edited by demonjlh, 30 October 2013 - 01:05 PM.

i saw this in another thread, thought it was worth a thread for everyone:

QUICK QUESTION: Where do you bunker up in the Boneyard survival map?

In the barn, right? I mean, how does one not realize to bunker up in there? 

the barn is the WRONG SPOT people. my friends and i can consistently go all 10 rounds with only 2 people on boneyard, if both people post up correctly.

and that correct spot is in the narrow path, behind the white building, on the right side of the map. NOT the barn. the barn is a death trap.

put one person on either corner.

the player on the right can take out everyone coming from the bus, the barn, and  around the fence where the plane graveyard is.

0_0.jpg

the player on the left can take out the trucks, everyone from the street, and from the barn. 

0_0.jpg

when a chopper(s) comes out...

person on the left can take shots at the chopper, if so desired. person on the right continues to kill the rednecks and only shots at chopper when no rednecks are coming. chopper struggles HARD at killing anyone in that area.

if there is a 3rd player: post up behind the boxes directly right of the the white building. kill everyone at bus, barn, and around the fence where the plane graveyard is.

if there is a 4th player. he gets the dumpster. has best angle on plane graveyard and street. by far the toughest spot. rarely lives through chopper rounds. you must get a minigun/sniper rifle as soon as you can for the choppers.

there you go. enjoy your easy 20k.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Yep, spot on.

I've soloed boneyard from the boxes you're talking about, but either there or the building makes it ridiculously easy. Not sure why people were whinging about the roof being changed to out of bounds when these spots have always been there.

Psykonaut
  • Psykonaut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

I agree and use the spot anytime I do boneyard, however, I have held down the barn with a group of 4 people and it was a really easy 20k as well. But boneyard can be done with 2 people in that narrow path real easy, big ups Sir

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

It is ridiculously easy on autoaim no matter where you set up.

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

auto aim can actually get you in trouble a tad on the right spot. cuz it'll lock onto dropped guys instead of strafing head shots from the gaggle of rednecks running out from behind the fence.

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

WOuldn't say easy to do, but definitely solo-able from this spot, especially the side that looks to the barn

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

last thing: i tend to sit at the right position. this allows me to see ALLLL the way down past the bus. if you sit there...that is your main spot to aim. you can kill alot of rednecks WELL before they get in a position to over run you on the right.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

You kidding me? a spot where nothing can kill you is allowed but the rooftop is banned? like what the serious f*ck is that logic?

Also for the more skilled players. You can have two players in that location.
And one player in that ware house area in the middle of the map with the boxes. The two players can aid in combat while that players attracting all the attention and picking off the ones dangerous to him.
this gets the wave done quicker and builds up some skill too.

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

If you're alone and you stay on the right side enemies coming from the left have a very hard time hitting you, they almost always need to come around the building instead of shooting behind it.

Dinga Ding
  • Dinga Ding

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:17 PM Edited by Dinga Ding, 30 October 2013 - 01:17 PM.

I play with random who fight amongst themselves foe the cabin spots, always leaving the box next to it free for me.

You have sights right down to the spawn point by the bus, and if your positioned right, you can aim through the box without exposing yourself to return fire, by far the best spot on boneyard :-)

Oh and you can cover the blind spots of the cabin too, if any attackers slip through

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

That part of the map, between the wall, is probably the easiest. But I think 4 in the barn is just as easy as long as you don't have idiots who get twitchy and duck out f cover.

I have beaten it from inside the barn a bunch of times. Juat learned this new way... it is somewhat easier, but far more boring.

What needs to be discussed is the easiest camping spot for Sandy Shores.

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:18 PM Edited by Zonegamer, 30 October 2013 - 01:19 PM.

Yeah that's one of the best spots on this map although I use another one. When I first played boneyard I learnt that one of the worst spots was inside the barn and discovered the roof area through other players (before it was patched.)

Wrong, setting up carelessly will get you killed easily even with auto aim, don't underestimate the overpowered npcs. 

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

Agreed...very good info. Here is a tip for all survivals. Dont destroy enemy vehicles during the round. Leave em and put a sticky bomb on em. When the new vehicle comes in...wait for it...boom.

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

I imagine this area will be changed pretty soon as I actually find it easier here than I did on the roof

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

i saw this in another thread, thought it was worth a thread for everyone:

QUICK QUESTION: Where do you bunker up in the Boneyard survival map?

In the barn, right? I mean, how does one not realize to bunker up in there? 

the barn is the WRONG SPOT people. my friends and i can consistently go all 10 rounds with only 2 people on boneyard, if both people post up correctly.

and that correct spot is in the narrow path, behind the white building, on the right side of the map. NOT the barn. the barn is a death trap.

put one person on either corner.

the player on the right can take out everyone coming from the bus, the barn, and  around the fence where the plane graveyard is.

0_0.jpg

the player on the left can take out the trucks, everyone from the street, and from the barn. 

0_0.jpg

when a chopper(s) comes out...

person on the left can take shots at the chopper, if so desired. person on the right continues to kill the rednecks and only shots at chopper when no rednecks are coming. chopper struggles HARD at killing anyone in that area.

if there is a 3rd player: post up behind the boxes directly right of the the white building. kill everyone at bus, barn, and around the fence where the plane graveyard is.

if there is a 4th player. he gets the dumpster. has best angle on plane graveyard and street. by far the toughest spot. rarely lives through chopper rounds. you must get a minigun/sniper rifle as soon as you can for the choppers.

there you go. enjoy your easy 20k.

Best spot in any survival game.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

I thought everyone knew about this spot? In fact so many people know about it we have players griefing others just to get the spot.

The barn SUCKS u know why? Becuase randoms are so bad they dont cover their side and eventually you WILL get shot in the back from a position your buddy was supposed to cover.

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

2 people can easily hold the barn. One covering each side, shooting everything that moves on his side. Me and a crew member have done this multiple times. 

Nothing wrong with your spot but just pointing out The barn isnt as hard to hold as people try to make it out to be. 

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Not sure it warrants a new thread, however on the new Processed Survival, it's an absolute dawdle with 2 people - when you spawn at the start the barn area with the gas tank and 2 skips is the place to be - one in the back skip/dumpster, and one on the other side - all angles are covered...

It's actually easier than Boneyard (and that's saying something)....

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

the roof was a deathtrap...

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

If you have skills the barn is easy to hold. The trailer is good for noobs but the bus, the tractor trailer cab, and the airplane engine are where the action is at. I agree that it's bizarre they took away the roof and left the trailer. Processed is just as easy as boneyard but I imagine they will take care of that next update.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Am I the only one that booby traps vehicles with sticky bombs?

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

If you think the barn is hard to hold down, you suck. Auto shotgun and rifle and heavy sniper for helicopters... one guy at each door behind the boxes (not the doors!!!!!)... OVER. Just pop out and takr shots cautiously and you got it... even with only two people.

Don do the barn with one though.

The roof is a death trap.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:11 PM Edited by petraeus, 30 October 2013 - 02:11 PM.

Hard? I've beat wave 10 on every map bud.

I'm not looking for hard, im looking for quick easy money and rep with the least amount of ammo wasted on npcs

I can solo boneyard with a silenced pistol (and I have) using the gray portable spot.

So in short, i have no point, but suck it for making me have to tell you off.

If you think the barn is hard to hold down, you suck. Auto shotgun and rifle and heavy sniper for helicopters... one guy at each door behind the boxes (not the doors!!!!!)... OVER. Just pop out and takr shots cautiously and you got it... even with only two people.

Don do the barn with one though.

The roof is a death trap.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

Watch as a new patch to stop this comes flying inbound.

MattLewis666
  • MattLewis666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Processed is way easier than Boneyard. Just head south in Processed and hide in the shipping container. Everyone except the occasional truck will spawn from the north. I've done Processed Solo with ease.

pro_laps
  • pro_laps

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

I hide behind the crates next to the white building.  It's easy from there to snipe NPCs from over where the burned out bus is

MattLewis666
  • MattLewis666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Processed is way easier than Boneyard. Just head south in Processed and hide in the shipping container. Everyone except the occasional truck will spawn from the north. I've done Processed Solo with ease.

Also when you are hiding in the containers the Helicopters that spawn at the opposite side glitch out and just hang in the air without moving. As long as you a stay near the container you can get out a sniper and take them out without them even moving. You can get a good vantage on them by standing on top of the container.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

I find that spot to be boring as hell, and really annoying with the camera if you're on the left side.
I've had assholes bitch at me to go hide there with them, and generally they just die and leave a whole lot of enemies around because you can't cover much of the map from there.   If two people want to do that spot, sure.  If there are three or four people and one person wants to do it, whatever--he doesn't matter.
I don't really think you're "doing it wrong" if you're having fun in a game.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

I've done Boneyard solo from this spot numerous times... I can't believe they haven't nerfed this but they blocked the one place I really enjoyed in the Railway survival

TKC_MaNIaC
  • TKC_MaNIaC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

This is gonna get nerfed too im sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users