People had really high expectations. COMPLETELY UNREALISTICALLY HIGH expectations.
When the game failed to live up to those COMPLETELY UNREALISTICALLY HIGH expectations, people got upset. In some cases, very upset. And the internet, for better or for worse, lets them voice that upset in broken English, without correct punctuation and use of paragraphs.
Sorry bro, but that is bullsh*t. What was so unrealistic about expecting :
* Side missions like gang wars, drug-dealing, burglaries, mini-heists and vigilante stuff ??
* Gang recruitment ??
* Activities like gambling ??
* More random crime and gang shootouts in the hood ??
* Entering interiors like your own businesses, fast-food joints, restaurants, cafes, bars, nightclubs, hospitals, hotels, and office blocks ??
* A much longer main storyline ??
* More things to do in the countryside and wilderness ??
What is SO unrealistic about any of the above ?? Nearly all of this stuff was seen in previous GTA titles, even the much criticized GTA IV !! This is the stuff that most people complaining about the game wanted to see. Ok I don't care too much about the wildlife and underwater (even so, they too were not that great), but the rest above is perfectly reasonable to expect in GTA V, they advertised it to contain all these things in their previews and screenshots. I cannot see anything unrealistic about all that.
You love the game, fine. But you need to understand many people on here have legitimate reasons for their complaints.