Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do people really think this game is bad?

45 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by Official General, 30 October 2013 - 03:03 PM.

People had really high expectations. COMPLETELY UNREALISTICALLY HIGH expectations. 

When the game failed to live up to those COMPLETELY UNREALISTICALLY HIGH expectations, people got upset. In some cases, very upset. And the internet, for better or for worse, lets them voice that upset in broken English, without correct punctuation and use of paragraphs. 

Sorry bro, but that is bullsh*t. What was so unrealistic about expecting :

* Side missions like gang wars, drug-dealing, burglaries, mini-heists and vigilante stuff ??

* Gang recruitment ??

* Activities like gambling ??

* More random crime and gang shootouts in the hood ??

* Entering interiors like your own businesses, fast-food joints, restaurants, cafes, bars, nightclubs, hospitals, hotels, and office blocks ??

* A much longer main storyline ?? 

* More things to do in the countryside and wilderness ??

What is SO unrealistic about any of the above ?? Nearly all of this stuff was seen in previous GTA titles, even the much criticized GTA IV !! This is the stuff that most people complaining about the game wanted to see. Ok I don't care too much about the wildlife and underwater (even so, they too were not that great), but the rest above is perfectly reasonable to expect in GTA V, they advertised it to contain all these things in their previews and screenshots. I cannot see anything unrealistic about all that. 

You love the game, fine. But you need to understand many people on here have legitimate reasons for their complaints. 

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

My biggest complain is that they put waaaaaaay too much effort in an underwater world nobody is gonna explore (unless they have to look for the submarine pieces/those toxic thingies) instead of making interiors. It's nice that they tried to make something different, but I hope they focus on more important things first in the next GTA.

Also, f*ck all those stupid yoga, tennis, golf, etc. minigames.

Aaaand I couldn't care less about the jetpack. I barely used it in SA.

GTA V is still my favorite GTA.

• StarFyer and ten-a-penny like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

People had really high expectations. COMPLETELY UNREALISTICALLY HIGH expectations. 

When the game failed to live up to those COMPLETELY UNREALISTICALLY HIGH expectations, people got upset. In some cases, very upset. And the internet, for better or for worse, lets them voice that upset in broken English, without correct punctuation and use of paragraphs. 

* Side missions like gang wars, drug-dealing, burglaries, mini-heists and vigilante stuff ??

* Gang recruitment ??

* Entering interiors like your own businesses, fast-food joints, restaurants, cafes, bars, nightclubs, hospitals, hotels, and office blocks ??

What is SO unrealistic about any of the above ?? Nearly all of this stuff was seen in previous GTA titles, even the much criticized GTA IV !! This is the stuff that most people complaining about the game wanted to see. Ok I don't care too much about the wildlife and underwater (even so, they too were not that great), but the rest above is perfectly reasonable to expect in GTA V, they advertised it to contain all these things in their previews and screenshots. I cannot see anything unrealistic about all that. 

You love the game, fine. But you need to understand many people on here have legitimate reasons for their complaints. 

Expecting it to contain all the features from previous games while actually innovating and bringing something new to the table, whilst seriously upping the ante on the world design and graphics is an unreasonably high expectation. 

Expecting the devs to want to churn out a game exactly like one they did 10+ years ago and still maintain integrity and not want to kill themselves also strikes me as being unreasonable. 

• adictoGTA likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

* Gang recruitment ??

Expecting it to contain all the features from previous games while actually innovating and bringing something new to the table, whilst seriously upping the ante on the world design and graphics is an unreasonably high expectation. 

Expecting the devs to want to churn out a game exactly like one they did 10+ years ago and still maintain integrity and not want to kill themselves also strikes me as being unreasonable. 

Nah I totally disagree. 

I don't for one minute believe that would have been hard or impossible for Rockstar to have achieved. They themselves even acknowledged that they could have done and put more things in GTA IV while having adding the new stuff. 

You're just sympathizing and making excuses for the now, only because you love the game and you are happy with whatever they give you. Fine, but don't be ignorant or blind to reasonable criticisms. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

* Gang recruitment ??

Nah I totally disagree. 

I don't for one minute believe that would have been hard or impossible for Rockstar to have achieved. They themselves even acknowledged that they could have done and put more things in GTA IV while having adding the new stuff. 

You're just sympathizing and making excuses for the now, only because you love the game and you are happy with whatever they give you. Fine, but don't be ignorant or blind to reasonable criticisms. 

You're entitled to disagree, it's no skin of my nose. 

And yes, I'm sympathising with them. So f*cking what?

I'm not blind to people's criticisms. Am I not entitled to question them? Am I not entitled to think differently? People get annoyed that other people like it and give them sh*t for it, just the same as people give the people that didn't like it sh*t. It works both ways. It can't just be OK for people that dislike the game to voice their opinions, can it? If that's the case, the idiots have already won and there's no point in having forums at all. 

• adictoGTA and ten-a-penny like this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

bicycles? Obviously never beat the story mode.

Joke.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by Tashan, 30 October 2013 - 03:59 PM.

Some people have made up their mind or so to just speak bad and more bad about the game with every release
During GTA 6 no one will care about criticisms and jump on the dream train of hype and expectations taking trip all over again, paying for the adventure and shoot out repeating non-sense when the station arrives.
Just to get their money's worth and also due to 'Unsatisfied' attitude.
It's best to just enjoy the game and speak about the lacking when the right time arrives.
Don't ask me, when?

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

I enjoyed the game so count me out.

Same people complaining now, will be the same people complaining when VI is released and I'm not sying everybody but some people always want more no matter how unrealistic it is.

I'm calling this now : when VI comes out the concensus for complainers would be that GTA V was better.

It's also an inability to accept change. Tons of people follow COD because they're in the comfort zone and COD doesn't shake up their world like GTA does with its changes.

I don't blame them, I just get pissed off about illogical arguments I come across from time to time.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:10 PM Edited by bicycles?, 30 October 2013 - 04:22 PM.

Joke.

not that it actually matters, but I did beat it.

the missions were boring, too scripted, repetitive, and too easy aside from the retarded controls, and then you don't gain any more freeplayability...

I didn't buy it for the missions. I don't buy any games for the missions. I got it for the freeplay, and the game is totally restrictive in that respect. You have to go through chores and training to unlock weapons and vehicle skills, and the freeplay still never gets any better.

just look at all the threads from the past few weeks along the lines of "I beat the game, what now?"

those threads were made for a reason

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

THIS IS SO FUTILE.

We need 2 forums. One for people that liked the game, and one for all those that didn't. 

We're just throwing our opinions back and forth as though they're facts, but it's a game, it's completely subjective. IF you like it, cool, If not, cool. But having the same f*cking argument day after day is really making this forum a f*cking bore. 

• StarFyer and ten-a-penny like this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

There are people who truly hate the game, but there are also people who like it and see concern for the direction the series is taking. Every main GTA title added stuff to the series. They took steps forward, while GTA V removes almost as much as it brings to the table. Most of the stuff it brings to the table that it didn't lift from Rockstar's other games is weak and underdeveloped. Appears to be trying so hard not to be IV that it didn't realize that IV did get quite a bit right in its base features. V has a great main campaign, but I don't find much fun free roaming in it like I did GTA IV due to the changes in health and police. 

The game is far from bad, but it's far from perfect. It's definitely not what I would have expected out of Rockstar after games like GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption. For them, it feels sloppy and not thought out. If it is an indication of what is to come then someone at Rockstar needs to convince everyone to wake up and to get back on track. Otherwise we might be seeing GTA The MMO by the end of next-gen.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

* Gang recruitment ??

the size will be insanely big then :turn:

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

GTA V is a watered-down version of what it should've been. No innovation. Too many things missing and too many bad design choices.

MediApino
  • MediApino

Wannabe Ace Pilot

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

All the vile 'mature' content in the game... And they didn't include gore.

They force realism on you where it isn't fun, and strip it away from where it would be.

As soon as you start having fun, you die or are forced to stop.

It's seriously a $60 demo disk. Basic features don't work for offline players, and there's tons of basic stuff from previous rockstar titles missing/hinted at being dlc.

"Console limitations" my dick, how hard would it have been to add a [for example] crouch button?

so because V doesn't have a crouch button or gore it's not worth 60 dollars? yeah right

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Joke.

not that it actually matters, but I did beat it.

the missions were boring, too scripted, repetitive, and too easy aside from the retarded controls, and then you don't gain any more freeplayability...

I didn't buy it for the missions. I don't buy any games for the missions. I got it for the freeplay, and the game is totally restrictive in that respect. You have to go through chores and training to unlock weapons and vehicle skills, and the freeplay still never gets any better.

just look at all the threads from the past few weeks along the lines of "I beat the game, what now?"

those threads were made for a reason

Right now list two missions that were alike in the story.

Btw vehicles are 100% available from the start in single player and if you finished all the mission you would have unlocked all the weapons and have 26million to boot which you can buy all the weapons with.

steve bambar
  • steve bambar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

well san andreas is the best just compare san andreas user reviews and gta 5

gta 5 is a f*cked up game, i only play it because my friends do otherwise the game is not that good

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users