Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do people really think this game is bad?

45 replies to this topic
TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

I mean I don't know if it's an illusion or what, but it seems like the majority of people on these forums loathe this game and I can't really understand why.

I mean I get the gripes about some gameplay and the minor flaws the game has, but those are to be expected. An opinion is an opinion and I respect it, I'm just curious as to how this game in your eyes is not good and not better than IV. I loved IV too. I played the f*ck out of that game up until V's release and V (to me) just improves on mostly everything in IV.

So what is really THAT bad about this game? Not trying to start an internet war, I just like to discuss opinions.

V 9 L U K 3 4 V
  • V 9 L U K 3 4 V

v 9 L u k E 4 V

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Nothing is bad about this game rockstar did all these changes because it's what we wanted. people wanted more countryside in gta 4 and now we have it people say it's boring as f*ck well yeh what the f*ck were they expecting. I personally love everything about this game it's got everything we could have ever wanted from a gta game
cars planes boats great graphics huge open world ect they Even have a submarine and people still moaning unbelievable.
  • TheDust likes this

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Nothing is bad about this game rockstar did all these changes because it's what we wanted. people wanted more countryside in gta 4 and now we have it people say it's boring as f*ck well yeh what the f*ck were they expecting. I personally love everything about this game it's got everything we could have ever wanted from a gta game
cars planes boats great graphics huge open world ect they Even have a submarine and people still moaning unbelievable.

Yeah and the thing is, Rockstar is quite a dedicated developer, Even if you don't like V you have to admire the effort they put into their games, and they do listen to their fans a lot. They took a lot of our complaints and worked on them. And they still are too.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:59 PM Edited by bicycles?, 30 October 2013 - 01:01 PM.

All the vile 'mature' content in the game... And they didn't include gore.

They force realism on you where it isn't fun, and strip it away from where it would be.

As soon as you start having fun, you die or are forced to stop.

It's seriously a $60 demo disk. Basic features don't work for offline players, and there's tons of basic stuff from previous rockstar titles missing/hinted at being dlc.

"Console limitations" my dick, how hard would it have been to add a [for example] crouch button?

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

They force realism on you where it isn't fun, and strip it away from where it would be.

It's seriously a $60 demo disk. Basic features don't work for offline players, and there's tons of basic stuff missing/hinted at being dlc.

"Console limitations" my dick, how hard would it be to add a [for example] crouch button?

Alright, I respect your opinion. I wish there was gore too, The health system is a lot harder so I try to take cover and I enjoy the challenge, and besides I think there is a lot of more ways to have fun in V than in IV. And the crouch button wasn't really that nescessary in my opinion, but I can't say I've used stealth too often.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

I don't think people hate it. Of course there are trolls talking a lot of sh*t, but everyone mainly think it's lacking. It isn't bad

• TheDust likes this

V 9 L U K 3 4 V
  • V 9 L U K 3 4 V

v 9 L u k E 4 V

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

It's seriously a $60 demo disk. Basic features don't work for offline players, and there's tons of basic stuff missing/hinted at being dlc.

"Console limitations" my dick, how hard would it be to add a [for example] crouch button?

Alright, I respect your opinion. I wish there was gore too, The health system is a lot harder so I try to take cover and I enjoy the challenge, and besides I think there is a lot of more ways to have fun in V than in IV. And the crouch button wasn't really that nescessary in my opinion, but I can't say I've used stealth too often.
regardless to how bad people think it is this game made 1 billion dollars nuf said

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

^^^ That doesn't make it a good game by any means. Call of Duty surely made that much, and I think Call of Duty can f*ck off in a hole.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

People are just idiots...  The mindless horde of game players makes the undead horde of the Walking Dead seem like a day care.

Its a very, very, very small percent of players who don't like this game.  And instead of not playing the game, they bitch on forums all day because they have no other reason to live.  Its pretty sad...lol

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

I just bought 5 for the xbox and as a PC gamer I find the graphics a REAL dissapointment but I'm spoiled I guess, other then that I do enjoy the game but GTA 4 on the PC blows this out of the water graphic wise, I know the lmitations of consoles are way behind a good PC and I think that's where some of the people here based their opinions. Good job Rockstar now get to work on the PC version.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

People had really high expectations. COMPLETELY UNREALISTICALLY HIGH expectations. 

When the game failed to live up to those COMPLETELY UNREALISTICALLY HIGH expectations, people got upset. In some cases, very upset. And the internet, for better or for worse, lets them voice that upset in broken English, without correct punctuation and use of paragraphs. 

The game is good. Really good. One of the best games available, in fact, but there are a lot of people that thought it would be something different. That's not their fault. However, it's pretty f*cking dumb to label it 'broken' or 'a bad game' because they don't like it. Millions of other people believe the opposite. 

So yes, people do think this game is bad. And for them, it is, but that's (in most cases) a result of their expectations being, frankly, retarded. This game was never going to be perfect and it was never going to make their bed or suck their cock, because reasons. But it IS a very, very well crafted game with an excellent, if a tad short, story, excellent acting, solid gameplay mechanics and a very believable, detailed world to exist in. 

The incredibly f*cking minor gripes like... no crouch button, for example, or no body building, actually aren't a problem for me. As I can see that they've spent time putting in stuff that was more important. And before any of you c*nts say 'Yoga', I'm talking about the vastly improved weapon system, the improved shooting, the vastly improved driving (f*ck you, it really is better than IV, OK?)... all the stuff that elevates V above IV. ALL THE STUFF THAT PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT IN IV, THAT THEY ADDRESSED, in fact. 

Haters, inevitably, are going to hate. 

• StarFyer likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:53 PM Edited by Official General, 30 October 2013 - 02:44 PM.

It's nothing to do with hating the game.

GTA V is a great game indeed, there is no question about that, most gamers on this forum will agree to that. The main issue here for many, is that V is not as great as it was expected to be. V could have and should have been the best GTA game in the series or at least one of the top two, but for various reasons, many on here don't believe it is, and that is the disappointment. 

I've been over this many times now, so I won't go into too  much detail. V was lacking certain simple, nice features from previous GTA titles that it should have been assumed to have contained (many accessible interiors, better range of side missions). On top of that, the main storyline was too short, there was not much fun and interesting things to do after the main story, the wildlife was quite weak, the underwater section had not much to it, and the hood environment was not as violent or vibrant as it was advertised to be. 

In short, many people feel a bit let down and disappointed that V did not reach it's full potential. 

• Lock N' Stock likes this

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

People had really high expectations. COMPLETELY UNREALISTICALLY HIGH expectations. 

When the game failed to live up to those COMPLETELY UNREALISTICALLY HIGH expectations, people got upset. In some cases, very upset. And the internet, for better or for worse, lets them voice that upset in broken English, without correct punctuation and use of paragraphs. 

The game is good. Really good. One of the best games available, in fact, but there are a lot of people that thought it would be something different. That's not their fault. However, it's pretty f*cking dumb to label it 'broken' or 'a bad game' because they don't like it. Millions of other people believe the opposite. 

So yes, people do think this game is bad. And for them, it is, but that's (in most cases) a result of their expectations being, frankly, retarded. This game was never going to be perfect and it was never going to make their bed or suck their cock, because reasons. But it IS a very, very well crafted game with an excellent, if a tad short, story, excellent acting, solid gameplay mechanics and a very believable, detailed world to exist in. 

The incredibly f*cking minor gripes like... no crouch button, for example, or no body building, actually aren't a problem for me. As I can see that they've spent time putting in stuff that was more important. And before any of you c*nts say 'Yoga', I'm talking about the vastly improved weapon system, the improved shooting, the vastly improved driving (f*ck you, it really is better than IV, OK?)... all the stuff that elevates V above IV. ALL THE STUFF THAT PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT IN IV, THAT THEY ADDRESSED, in fact. 

I disagree, mainly because your hypothesis is based on assumptions, generalisations and laden with insults.

It is a broken game and yes it is a bad game, but I've enjoyed the time I had with it. It is getting traded in soon, the first GTA I have ever, ever, traded in. However I don't hate the game, the game could have been so much better though, but I hate the problems that came with the game.

So no haters are not gonna hate, for the sake of hating. People are gonna hate it for their own, valid, and justified personal reasons.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

It's nothing to do with hating the game.

GTA V is a great game indeed, there is no question about that, most gamers on this forum will agree to that. The main issue here for many, is that V is not as great as it was expected to be. V could have and should have been the best GTA game in the series or at least one of the top two, but for various reasons, many on don't believe it is, and that is the disappointment. 

I've been over this many times now, so I won't go into too  much detail. V was lacking certain simple, nice features from previous GTA titles that it should have been assumed to have contained (many accessible interiors, better range of side missions). On top of that, the main storyline was too short, there was not much fun and interesting things to do after the main story, the wildlife was quite weak, the underwater section had not much to it, and the hood environment was not as violent or vibrant as it was advertised to be. 

In short, many people feel a bit let down and disappointed that V did not reach it's full potential. 

I agree wholeheartedly.

However "haters gonna hate"  ;) .

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

It is a broken game and yes it is a bad game, but I've enjoyed the time I had with it. It is getting traded in soon, the first GTA I have ever, ever, traded in.

Its broken and bad?      Funny, it works for me and seems to be the biggest and best GTA ever made. 

I've been playing since release.. Same with Online. Most fun ive ever had with a game.. Ever.  Im glad that the majority agrees with me.

It sucks that the minority won't shut up about not liking it.  Don't go away mad, just go away...:D

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

It is a broken game and yes it is a bad game, but I've enjoyed the time I had with it. It is getting traded in soon, the first GTA I have ever, ever, traded in.

Its broken and bad?      Funny, it works for me and seems to be the biggest and best GTA ever made. 

Oh well if it works a-ok for just you with no glitches, glitchers, freezing or hackers then thats cool story bro. As for best GTA ever made? hardly. I suspect fans of Vice City or San Andreas would argue otherwise.

I've been playing since release.. Same with Online. Most fun ive ever had with a game.. Ever.  Im glad that the majority agrees with me.

The majority agree with you?

Care to back that up with statistics/facts and no, sales figures don't count.

It sucks that the minority won't shut up about not liking it.  Don't go away mad, just go away... :D

No it sucks for you because you don't like to be reminded that there are so many issues with this game and that you are being reminded about them on a daily basis.

Machine Head
  • Machine Head

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

regardless to how bad people think it is this game made 1 billion dollars nuf said

Call of Duty generates similar sums of money every year; that must be a good franchise...

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

I disagree, mainly because your hypothesis is based on assumptions, generalisations and laden with insults.

It is a broken game and yes it is a bad game, but I've enjoyed the time I had with it. It is getting traded in soon, the first GTA I have ever, ever, traded in. However I don't hate the game, the game could have been so much better though, but I hate the problems that came with the game.

So no haters are not gonna hate, for the sake of hating. People are gonna hate it for their own, valid, and justified personal reasons.

What's broken in single player?

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

My only complaint is the driving and the no euphoria like in IV. Oh and killing Johnny, that was so poorly written

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

I don't hate it, nor do I dislike it. It just isn't as good as people are making it out to be.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:36 PM Edited by bicycles?, 30 October 2013 - 02:37 PM.

offline, you can't save pictures with the cellcam, it's totally useless. And you don't have access to the bawsaq, which means no access to the important lester mission stocks.

then there are the garage/saving/driving/vehicle damage issues that make the game feel unfinished/untested

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

V is good game, but they talked about it like about revolutionary game. It's not revolution. It's not even evolution. It's just next open world game. And R* lies about map size, interiors, and buying houses.And less missions with 3 characters than GTA IV with one character. WHY?!

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:39 PM Edited by 727gta, 30 October 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Stop trying to put words into others mouths. People can see the flaws in GTA V not because of high expectations. Even if they did have high expectations of the game, who can blame them? Did you see how GTA was hyped up by R*?

I think you're a few sandwiches short of a picnic and seem to think everyone must love GTA otherwise they had high expectations or  illiterate and a "hater". Learn what the word 'opinion' means then come back and debate like a sensible person.    

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

its not bad as a matter of fact its a very solid game its just not the Masterpiece i was Expecting it to be. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

offline, you can't save pictures with the cellcam, it's totally useless. And you don't have access to the bawsaq, which means no access to the important lester mission stocks.

then there are the garage/saving/driving/vehicle damage issues that make the game feel unfinished/untested

That's not broken. They're features that work when you're signed in. So... they're not broken. 

What's actually BROKEN in Single Player, i.e., DOES NOT WORK AT ALL?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Stop trying to put words into others mouths. People can see the flaws in GTA V not because of high expectations. Even if they did have high expectations of the game, who can blame them? Did you see how GTA was hyped up by R*?

I think you're a few sandwiches short of a picnic and seem to think everyone must love GTA otherwise they had high expectations or  illiterate and a "hater". Learn what the word 'opinion' means then come back and debate like a sensible person.    

Tried that a million times, but it's just not possible here. 

How was the game hyped by R*? With those few trailers and a couple of interviews pre-release? Yeah, major hype. 

People's expectations WERE high. Why else did people flip when they found it didn't have all the features of San Andreas? Or that the handling wasn't what they'd thought it would be?

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

Nothing is bad about this game

This is one of the reasons to why I have lack of interest to engage in any discussion on this board. The lack of logic and the extreme amount of arrogance.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:47 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 30 October 2013 - 02:49 PM.

not necessarily the majority of the forum community. like any other group of people, the loudest get the most attention, giving the illusion of size. but, there is a significant amount of people here that didn't like the game. to be honest, I'd say 80% of then just overhyped themselves and expected the impossible. 20% have their own reasons that are completely logical ( maybe they prefer a different tone or game play style).

however, keep in mind that we're literally like 0.001% . of the gta fanbase; the grand majority of everyone else loved the game. this is literally the only place I've been on where the game gets hated on.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Tried that a million times, but it's just not possible here. 

How was the game hyped by R*? With those few trailers and a couple of interviews pre-release? Yeah, major hype. 

People's expectations WERE high. Why else did people flip when they found it didn't have all the features of San Andreas? Or that the handling wasn't what they'd thought it would be?

Talking about how this is their biggest game for one will get plenty of people hyped up beyond normal. I'm not saying people didn't get a stupid amount of hype and expectation for GTA V. I'm saying that just because people didn't like it doesn't mean they were one of the people who got overhyped. 

You should go and ask them why they flipped out over SA features cut and handling. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

You should go and ask them why they flipped out over SA features cut and handling. 

I have. Haven't had many reasoned responses, so far. I've just been told I'm riding R*s dick by being someone who genuinely enjoys the game. 

• adictoGTA likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users