this is how I picture people who still praise the game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic
bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

the selfies.  the incessant shopping/dressing up/"customizations." the unwillingness to acknowledge the terrible/missing gameplay mechanics, and the quickness/childishness with which they attack people who point out/complain about those problems.

guy even looks like most peoples' characters

• theGTAking101 likes this

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Cool story dude, I didn't overhype the game so I still enjoy the f*ck out of it.

Sucks you couldn't enjoy it, it's my favorite Grand Theft Auto.

• hywelkidd, DeafMetal, ten-a-penny and 3 others like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Lol this was funny

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

lol just shut up and leave. Its not our fault you have the imagination of a brick. If you don't like the game, stop playing it. Nobody here cares that YOU don't like it, and posting about it won't change that fact for you. 

• TheDust, Bonnano and hadds like this

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:54 PM Edited by bicycles?, 30 October 2013 - 12:54 PM.

I have stopped playing it. I payed 60 bucks for what's essentially a demo disk, so I think I paid for the 'privilege' of complaining about it.

• theGTAking101 and FirstLadyofGTA like this

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

I have stopped playing it. I payed 60 bucks for what's essentially a demo disk, so I think I payed for the 'privilege' of complaining about it.

So tell me man, how come you don't like the game?

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

I'm an older gamer. Jaded. Cantankerous. Irritable. I've seen pretty much everything gaming has to offer and still managed to marry a hot chick that likes to perform unspeakable acts of sexual perversion with me. And with all of that I found GTAV very entertaining.

• TheDust, ten-a-penny, RowanSane and 2 others like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

lol just shut up and leave. Its not our fault you have the imagination of a brick. If you don't like the game, stop playing it. Nobody here cares that YOU don't like it, and posting about it won't change that fact for you. 

This is what I din't get.

This is a forum. I thought it was a place for people to discuss, debate, praise, criticize etc. It seems like if anyone criticizes or bashes GTA V on here,  there is a detachment of Rockstar Defence Forces on stand-by to shoot that person down. Are people not allowed to have opinions now ? I bet if this was a thread saying that GTA V was the greatest game ever, you would not be telling the OP to shut up and leave, and saying he has the imagination of a brick. I know you would not be saying that. 

There are many people who do care, because they feel disappointed with the game, you know this, but you don't like it, so you get defensive. 

• shadyslady, theGTAking101 and 727gta like this

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

1 question...*ahem* if you allow me. Why do we care?

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:07 PM Edited by TaCtiCaLTommy, 30 October 2013 - 01:09 PM.

This is a forum. I thought it was a place for people to discuss, debate, praise, criticize etc. It seems like if anyone criticizes or bashes GTA V on here,  there is a detachment of Rockstar Defence Forces on stand-by to shoot that person down. Are people not allowed to have opinions now ? I bet if this was a thread saying that GTA V was the greatest game ever, you would not be telling the OP to shut up and leave, and saying he has the imagination of a brick. I know you would not be saying that. 

There are many people who do care, because they feel disappointed with the game, you know this, but you don't like it, so you get defensive. 

He already stated he quit playing the game. So why even come to GTAforums? He just wants sympathy and to hear from people that agree. Misery loves company. 

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

I have stopped playing it. I payed 60 bucks for what's essentially a demo disk, so I think I paid for the 'privilege' of complaining about it.

A demo? hahaha 

Devs will NEVER please everyone! never

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:09 PM Edited by bicycles?, 30 October 2013 - 01:14 PM.

I have stopped playing it. I payed 60 bucks for what's essentially a demo disk, so I think I payed for the 'privilege' of complaining about it.

So tell me man, how come you don't like the game?

there's a lot that could be added to the list, and other people have posted similarly-sized lists full of stuff that I didn't touch on.  the game sucks for many reasons.

- No gore

- No crumbling brick walls as advertized

- No grabbing people or repelling as advertized, only on-mission when instructed to

- little bushes everywhere that stop you dead in your tracks/wreck your cars

- No crouching - cover is only allowed on predesignated objects - no help from geography or objects you aren't standing against.

- No roll button, can't roll without a weapon equipped

- No punching or kicking with a weapon equipped = sh*tty transition to close-quarters combat

- No "retry" or "cancel" option until you die or fail a mission.

- terrible car/plane/bike handling

- No control over what kind of punches or kicks you throw

- 1-3 good crashes on a bicycle and you're dead, but you can roll convertibles [with their tops down] around on their backs like turtles without scratching the car or player.

- No camping like in RDR.

- No RDR-style hunting/trade. Takes any sense of purpose out of the hunting.

-  the text for button prompts and in parts of the pause menus is too small to read - on the biggest tv I've ever owned even.

- Forces a boring-ass stock market "experience" on you and the most important stocks [lester missions, tinkle, betapharm, etc] aren't available if you're not playing online/connected to the social network.

- Forces the cell phone on you, but the camera won't even save pictures if you're not playing online. Horsesh*t.

- the prostitute 'experience' is offensively bad. They don't just hop in your car and get to it, it's a whole awkward, cringey, grunty cutscene presentation that you can't cancel out of and it's just bad.

- The 'random' missions aren't random at all, they're just lesser missions.

- They force realism on you in every aspect, but the cars twist/slide on an axis that's floating above the pavement and the 'crash damage' is ridiculous.

- Trucks and SUVs handle like crap in the mountains, while sports cars fly right up them.

- Police spawning/despawning horribly, and only existing when you're wanted.

- Cars dissapearing

- No NPCs on the cable cars or fair rides, and you have to pay to "ride" them, but it's really just initiating a sequence in which you're just watching the ride, unable to shoot/do anything.

- You die or get badly injured by slipping/stumbling on a slope, but flip your convertible with it's top down and you can roll around on the back of the car/your head like a turtle, and there's no visible damage.

- The cars handle more like bikes in the air than bicycles do.

- The explosions are all the same, an ugly effervescent black/yellow, and they transfer/spread from car to car like a ghost for no reason.

- Compare EVERYTHING about this game to Just Cause 2, which came out 5 years ago... It's amazing how much worse gta is in many basic aspects.

- people catch fire like magic

- Usually can't get out of a flying/tumbling/slowly sliding car until it comes to a complete stop, and when you do, you fall/tumble and it's incredibly slow.

- Can't bail out of a vehicle, even at low speeds, without injury

- Near-invisible reticle

- Super-sensitive wanted meter, but you can't even aim a gun out a window without it firing automatically nonstop.

- No binoculars/telescope and the camera doesn't work offline

- Constantly pushing the ifruit crap and other online services even though there's no internet connection.

would you like more?

http://gtaforums.com...nimal-in-gta-5/

http://gtaforums.com...nly-get-harder/

http://gtaforums.com...e-most-in-gtav/

http://gtaforums.com...ings-in-gta-iv/

http://gtaforums.com...le-disappeared/

http://gtaforums.com...-its-that-gtav/

http://gtaforums.com...le-to-complete/

I can give more specifics if you'd like...

A constant circle jerk where everyone says there's nothing wrong with the game, nothing that needs to be changed, nothing that needs to be added...

Is only going to lead to more, worse games.

The only reason there were any patches was because of people complaining. Unfortunately, offline players are stuck without any patches.

I'm not complaining just to commiserate, but in the hopes that eventually enough people will complain that rockstar will release an actual finished/gametested product

• shadyslady likes this

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

I'm an older gamer. Jaded. Cantankerous. Irritable. I've seen pretty much everything gaming has to offer and still managed to marry a hot chick that likes to perform unspeakable acts of sexual perversion with me. And with all of that I found GTAV very entertaining.

Just :)

Hugef1
  • Hugef1

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

The OP is doing exactly the same thing though, he's attacking those who still like the game.

• Macabro and ten-a-penny like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

He already stated he quit playing the game. So why even come to GTAforums? He just wants sympathy and to hear from people that agree. Misery loves company. 

Really tho...lmao.

He should have just named the thread.. "Im a bitch and im mad"

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Just let it go already... go play some other game if you don't like Grand Theft Auto V.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:17 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 30 October 2013 - 01:22 PM.

Yeah, you're entitled to your opinion, but don't question people who think differently and enjoy the game because it makes you look like a huge dick. Not that there isn't flaws with the game, but most of your points are just biased nitpicks.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

The OP is doing exactly the same thing though, he's attacking those who still like the game.

I bet the OP goes into KFC and complains about chicken..lol   What a dumbass.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Half the sh*t on that list is bullsh*t and the other half can be chalked up to "lack of skill and knowledge of the game"

Seriously, what are you looking for in this thread? You don't like the game. Congratulations. Get over it and go play a different one. I've purchased 100 games that I didn't end up liking....I never felt the need to make a thread about any of them.

• ten-a-penny and FireBallz21 like this

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:38 PM Edited by FireBallz21, 30 October 2013 - 01:39 PM.

Half the sh*t on that list is bullsh*t and the other half can be chalked up to "lack of skill and knowledge of the game"

Seriously, what are you looking for in this thread? You don't like the game. Congratulations. Get over it and go play a different one. I've purchased 100 games that I didn't end up liking....I never felt the need to make a thread about any of them.

This.

Why did you make a thread just to tells us that you hate the game.

Furthermore, you didn't even answer my question: Why do we care?

mogulmoges
  • mogulmoges

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

hell, most of those items are repeats. 

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

repeats... like the repetitive "drive here, buy this, drive there" missions?

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

http://gtaforums.com...a-5-thread-v20/

For your drama needs.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Machine Head
  • Machine Head

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

What I like about that list is its resemblance to the repetitive nature of GTA V.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by Ola441, 30 October 2013 - 02:00 PM.

A demo? hahaha 

Devs will NEVER please everyone! never
EA got it right, why innovate when gamers are gonna complain regardless. Good luck enjoying your yearly titles to those that don't appreciate history whilst it's happening .

For every one person that's traded in , there are 1000 + people booting up the game and having the time of their life.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Until they put in teleporter technology....we will continue to drive/fly EVERYWHERE....

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Until they put in teleporter technology....we will continue to drive/fly EVERYWHERE....

There are these things called cabs and they come with skippable journeys, even during missions...

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:07 PM Edited by jmack3d, 30 October 2013 - 02:07 PM.

I []have[/i] stopped playing it. I payed 60 bucks for what's essentially a demo disk, so I think I paid for the 'privilege' of complaining about it.

Are you serious? GTA V is probably one of the most expansive and innovative games of the last 10 years.

Howabout you actually describe the "problems" in detail?

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

I just don't understand. Dude is complaining about "drive here, kill this, buy that" missions....what were you expecting? It's GTA, not Saints Row. Maybe you should give that go....and if you do, remember to unclench, k?

Mac22
  • Mac22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

excactly right. no need to add much, this reply covers it. Let people share their oppinions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users