Photo

I just got the platinum trophy.

30 replies to this topic
Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

I feel exhausted. It's taken about 12 hours a day on average since the game was released. I was gung-ho about it because I waited way too long to try in GTA IV, so I wanted to tackle this and massacre it.

Seriously... I had to play this game non-stop for almost a month in a half in order to get it. I suppose if I would have done that with GTA IV from the beginning, I probably could have gotten it, but I don't know. This one feels like it has to be easier. It has to be.

Anyways, there can't be too many people who have it already, so yeah, I'm kind of bragging. I just feel good about it.

Now I can play the game and do anything without thinking about anything other than fun.

Exhale. Sigh. Relief.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

cool. I gave up on it. No way i'm travelling around the map in the slow ass sub

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

cool. I gave up on it. No way i'm travelling around the map in the slow ass sub

For the waste? I actually enjoyed that trophy. They put a lot of detail into the underwater world. It's impressive how expansive it is. It does take like 4 hours to get them all though.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

I feel exhausted. It's taken about 12 hours a day on average since the game was released. I was gung-ho about it because I waited way too long to try in GTA IV, so I wanted to tackle this and massacre it.

Seriously... I had to play this game non-stop for almost a month in a half in order to get it. I suppose if I would have done that with GTA IV from the beginning, I probably could have gotten it, but I don't know. This one feels like it has to be easier. It has to be.

Anyways, there can't be too many people who have it already, so yeah, I'm kind of bragging. I just feel good about it.

Now I can play the game and do anything without thinking about anything other than fun.

Exhale. Sigh. Relief.

I remember being like you.  Forcing myself to play a game a lot, just for trophies. I gave up trophy hunting (not saying you're a trophy hunter, maybe you just wanted this one particular platinum) a long time ago. Now I just casually get trophies and platinums if I like a game enough.

I definitely know what you're feeling though, to finally have the platinum, now you feel like you can actually start 'playing' the game. Everything before just felt like business. Another reason I stopped worrying about trophies.

I found myself not enjoying the story of video games anymore. While playing a game, instead of paying attention to the story, I was focused on which trophy I was worried about missing and which trophy I was going to get next. Also, I found myself not playing the game the way I wanted to..... example: killing a certain number of enemies with a specific power or weapon, that I would otherwise not be using that much.

I don't see how it took you so long to get this platinum though, with the trophies I have left, I could have gotten the platinum about 2 weeks ago, at least.  Neither GTA IV or V's platinum are hard. It's just GTA IV was very glitchy and took a very long time. GTA V's trophies are definitely faster.  

I would prepare myself for the trophies before I even started playing a game. I would check online for missable trophies, the harder trophies, the hidden trophies... all BEFORE I started playing a game.  It ruined the games for me.  Now when I get a game, I just pretend like trophies don't exist.  I play the game the way I want (not worrying about missable trophies (even in long 60 hour RPGs)).   Once I finish the game, if I feel like getting the trophies, then I will.  

I don't mean to sound negative toward the way you play your video games. If you have fun platinum hunting, then please continue. Who am I to say how other people should play and enjoy their games?

one more thing.... congrats (sincerely) on the GTA V platinum. I'll get it too... some day. Whenever I feel like. 

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

12 hours a day since launch? 

I have no comment on this matter.

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

If you spent an average of 12hrs a day since launch and only got it just now... what where you doing all this time? Anyways, grats on the plat!

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

.... GTA v is only the second platinum trophy I have ever gotten. My PSN trophy level just hit 10 after getting it. I have barely ever played PS3 games for trophies.

I platinumed GTA V because it is my favorite game of all time and I felt it deserved it.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

.... GTA v is only the second platinum trophy I have ever gotten. My PSN trophy level just hit 10 after getting it. I have barely ever played PS3 games for trophies.

I platinumed GTA V because it is my favorite game of all time and I felt it deserved it.

Rightfully so, it DOES deserve it.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Uh... trickeh2k... troll much? Enjoy being asinine? Or do you automatically expect that people going for platinum are going to boost everything and ignore anything non-essential to the platinum trophy?

I played the game inside and out and did not brainlessly pursue the trophies without taking LOTS of time out for free mode madness and screwing off.

I swear... some people do not know how not to be dicks when it comes to forums.

Get out of here. I never boosted anything and I didn't spam replay missions or Criminal Retards.

I played the game obsessively legit and with respect to every detail and amount of fun that could be had... I did not approach it like a machine.

That is why it took me "this long". Punk.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:16 PM Edited by McGyver55, 30 October 2013 - 02:23 PM.

Congratulations... 

But no disrespect intended... 12 hours a day!??!  Holy crapcakes, even if you were the slowest, worst gamer in the world... 12 hours a day for a month or so... I really hope they mail you an actual Platinum trophy filled with high quality rubies.

You deserve it.

I further hope that the platinum trophy is not the requirement to crack the easter egg.

Yeah, no way I'm ever going to get platinum...  even if I could go back in time to when I was 15, I still would not have had 12 hours a day to play... thats a crazy requirement.

Congratulation though. 

Now please promise us you will go outside and take a walk in a park or feed the squirrels or something.

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

Lord of the Thighs

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

I take it you are un-employed

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Fish... you sound worse than negative.

In fact... your response is precisely why I almost didn't post anything about getting it. Everything you said was asinine... and some of it false.

GTA IV is the hardest platinum trophy I can think of (I was never able to get it and I tried)... and the amount of time it took to get the one for V is insane.

And here you are saying you could have gotten it if you had tried? Are you trying to sound like a disgruntled jealous trolling bum or are you just naturally a jerk?

I was hoping to chat with people who have gotten or are trying to get or who would be amazed as I am as the staggering amount of time to get it... but then, this is the most fecal, human waste infested forum I have ever been in... so shame on me.

Yuck. It's amazing how disgustingly sad and pathetic some people are. I feel sorry for you.

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

Lord of the Thighs

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Yuck. It's amazing how disgustingly sad and pathetic some people are. I feel sorry for you.

12 hours a day bud... just saying.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Never got a single platinum trophy in all my years on PS3. This may be the first. 

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Read these responses kids... learn how to be an a$$hat from the best. Learn how to make unfounded assumptions with amazing audacity.

Realize that no matter what you achieve, there will always be some POS who will spit on it to make it seem like it isn't valuable........ just because they don't have it.

Keep em coming you bum vultures. I think we will have a 10 pager here at the rate the punks are coming out od the woodwork....
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

alex1369
  • alex1369

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

I would love to get the platinum on V, but the online is stoping me. I have everything completed at SP 100%.

I just dont like online in V, because u build and buy all those things and someone comes and robs/kills you... and that is sh*t in my eyes. IV online was so so much fun, specially in freeroam mode.

But that robbing in V is for me sh*t.

Oh well at least i completed the game 100%

I still enyoy SP, i dont need online...

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Thw single player mode is better. It's like a euphoric drug. Online is like crack.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

You spent your whole day for a month and a half for a Platinum Trophy? Wow. That is sad man. 

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Anyway... I will probably never try to platinum anything ever again. I got a little obsessed with this game so I went for it.

F*ck the lot of you for giving me sh*t about it. I had the luxury and freetime to do it and I did it and I enjoyed all of it. Except having to share sessions with glitchers.

Peace. I've read enough.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

Anyway... I will probably never try to platinum anything ever again. I got a little obsessed with this game so I went for it.

F*ck the lot of you for giving me sh*t about it. I had the luxury and freetime to do it and I did it and I enjoyed all of it. Except having to share sessions with glitchers.

Peace. I've read enough.

How can someone have 12 hours  free for a month and a half? You must not do a lot in your life. 

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

You should be half-blind by now :D

cartman_101
  • cartman_101

GTA V!!!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by cartman_101, 30 October 2013 - 03:05 PM.

I promised myself to get the Platinum on V, but from playing Online I've lost all interest. Don't get me wrong SP is amazing, fun and enjoyable. But, if I have to go Online and constantly get blown up by some kid on a motorway I just give up.........

Congratulations to you though, definitely and amazing feat.

Universal-Shot
  • Universal-Shot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Fish, I also used to plat games but then gave up because it took the fun out for me. Ive still got all single player 5 trophies, its about 4/10 difficult. 

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

So...did you see a jetpack or dinosaur with saddle anywhere? Also, congratulations.

• TJGM likes this

The Dark Passenger
  • The Dark Passenger

Bay Harbor Butcher

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Platinum trophy?? Please clarify.

Sloth644
  • Sloth644

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

So I geuss nothing else is unlocked after geting all the trophies. Bummer thats one of the reasons I've kept playing. Might give it up soon.

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:54 AM Edited by JoeB, 02 November 2013 - 04:06 AM.

I'm going for it atm, started about 2 days ago and almost 100% (96%) and 69 online (I did that before, but most of those levels are criminal records crap). The one I am really going to dread is 70 golds. Not happy about that one... at all :/

Erebosgaminghd
  • Erebosgaminghd

Gaming YouTuber

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

I started playing for fun once I put the disk in.

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

supercalifragilistic when we drop we go ballistic

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:17 AM

The GTA V Platinum Trophy will be my 30th Plat, although i don't go for for them much anymore as i have a job and don't have the time, there are like 8 games i would like to plat sometime (4 MGS games (HD + Revengeance), BF3 (Co-op), RDR (MP) and Tomb Raider (MP), but some involve alot of boosting with other players which i hate doing unless with friends, maybe i'll get around to the MGS HD collection sometime but at the moment GTA V is the only one i'm aiming for, which is a gradual thing as i spend alot my gaming time in GTA Online, and not really aiming for the trophies yet (for SP all i need to do is get around 24 gold medals for missions).

I'm not far off from getting the Plat, i need to win at a few modes and minigames that i haven't played much (or at all) and rank up 20 more times, and few other things that won't take too long. I'm just glad the MP is fun (and freeroam includes RP, unlike GTAIVs freeroam) and i have at least 8 friends who i play with regularly (crew members).

That rank 10 trophy from GTA IV was so annoying, i gave up in the end as there were too few players and not enough fun ways to make money (again, don't like boosting especially if its longer than a couple hours, so that sniping glitch on the ship is something i'd rather not do), i think i still hadn't even got to the half way point yet (money wise not rank), so decided not to pursue it.

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:30 AM

good job. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users