» «
Photo

Most Awesome GTA Character of All Time?

12 replies to this topic
Yoshack_Fyre
  • Yoshack_Fyre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:49 AM Edited by Yoshack_Fyre, 31 October 2013 - 11:59 AM.

Who can pick. There have been so many amazing characters throughout the life of the GTA franchise.  For my GTA Avatar I chose MY favorite..... THE TRUTH, from GTA San Andreas. Maybe I liked him because he's a lot like me, except way more crazy. Or maybe it's because The Truth really is the most awesome of all GTA characters.

But now we have folks like Trevor, and then there's Tommy Vercetti, who may be the most badass. But I'm not talking just playable characters. I'm talking any and every character that you encounter in the game. Even if it's just a quick interaction. Barry the marijuana activist is pretty cool, but I don't think he is the most awesome.

There are too many answers to make a Poll out of this. Post your favorite. Flame others for their opinion. Make your opinion known and let everyone know that you are right and they are wrong?

Who is the MOST AWESOME GTA character? Can a consensus be reached? Will we ever know for sure? Or is it all just a matter of opinion and personal preference?

This is an attempt to find out.

ALL FOR THE TRUTH SAY AYE!!!!

#1 - The Truth, San Andreas

#2 - Tommy Vercetti, GTA Vice City

#3 - Trevor Phillips, GTA V

#4 - Brucie, GTA IV

It has been awhile since I played Vice City and San Andreas. I know there are other amazing character I'm forgetting, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be reminded of them. If you remember an amazing character from a past game, post them here.

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

Los Antrax 5-7

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:24 AM Edited by Syphiroth, 31 October 2013 - 10:18 AM.

Before I say my answer I think I should point out I only actually played this GTA game, ever. I had at times randomly played Vice City, SA & BOGT. Just didn't get right into them like this game so the characters I didn't really note or relate too them. I didn't care what I was doing or the storyline as I was just a game playing visit if at a mates or whatever else it might been. 

So I have to pick really from GTA 5 a character and that would be, Michael. 
I feel he has an attraction of a character that you relate too similar to James Gandolfini character Anthony "Tony" Soprano. What it appeals to me is how he trying to juggle the lifestyle, the changes and the boredom. If anyone has watched the Sopranos they might understand or not agree at all with me, but, parts that reminded me of Tony Soprano was when Michael DeSanta was retired he was bored. Tony Soprano get's told to go quite and he is working at Barone waste and is bored. So they both get back into excitement, they can't not stand not having some criminal or rebel action in there life. Michael, like, Tony Soprano, also has troubles with his wife and children. Jimmy is in compared ways to AJ Soprano with his spoiled lifestyle but f*ck all criminal brains and balls. Tracy is nothing like Meadow Soprano but in a way similar? Boyfriends that Michael doesn't like, similar to Tony Soprano. She (Tracy) is also always runs down her fathers views or words which Meadow Soprano does as well. Now, Amanda, well similar to Carmela Soprano in the ways Amanda has a hatred but love towards, Michael. Amanda cheats on Michael but doesn't seem it's wrong as he always f*cking around on her or was? So she was seeing/f*cking the tennis guy? Then she starts dating the yoga guy? So similar to Carmela Soprano's character in the Sopranos. So to me, not because of the Sopranos or it's characters/stories being similar to GTA 5 - De Santa's family characters/stories, but I feel you can relate to Michael a lot more and his lifestyle of crime, love, growing old and being rich is similar to that of the Sopranos. 

Franklin's character surprised me that he wasn't the usual gangster type in most games or movies. It's not that bad because they twist him with the brains and passion to jump from low rate pay and crimes into bigger pay and bigger crimes. It actually also appealing they did that with his character as you look to the ones he is surrounded by in; Lemar, Stretch and Tonya. They more that street level purse snatching gangster type and Franklin want's to not be just "another ni**er" on the street he wants to be organised and not out on the street selling dope, GTA'ing cars and having that fear of someone popping you or going to jail just for some small time hood bullsh*t that's not worth dying or getting life in prison for. So, I also appeal to his character but not as much as Michael DeSanta.

Another character who you don't really see get attention is Rocco Pelosi. I actually think what R* did with that American-Italian Mafia type character was also a great addition in BOGT and GTA 5. With the GTA games I read they had a lot of American-Italian Mafia crime families throughout storylines of past games but throughtout it all like in real life the LCN died out a lot and turned like Rocco Pelosi character in way's most mafia/gangsters in 2013 are: Flamboyant, wanting fame, wanting to be known and not really a "Wiseguy" like most of the old timers before them. So, he also is a character I liked seeing in both them games even if in GTA 5 he was not involved much and you got to whack him out for good. Still, I think that "Mafia" downfall and how it's changed in the modern era by Rocco's character is something most GTA fans have not noticed or overlooked in it's time that R* managed to pull-off in it's games.

• Yoshack_Fyre likes this

Yoshack_Fyre
  • Yoshack_Fyre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

Good post brother. Even though they are old, you really should go back and play GTA3 and GTA Vice City. They are excellent games and still hold up well today. The graphics aren't even that bad. If we are going to talk favorite GTA Game of all time, MY number one is DEFINITELY Vice City. I played it on the PC first, and later got it for the original Xbox. I agree that Michael is a good choice as most awesome character, but if you like Michael, you will LOVE Tommy Vercetti from Vice City. He's like the Scarface of the GTA world. That man was the money. Trust me, after you play Vice City, Michael will no longer be your choice for favorite.

• Syphiroth likes this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Maybe we're just sleepwalking....

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:05 AM Edited by tikhung01, 31 October 2013 - 04:06 AM.

ROMAN_s.jpg

• theGTAking101 and Yoshack_Fyre like this

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

Going to have to say Big Smoke, never failed to make me laugh.

• theGTAking101 and Yoshack_Fyre like this

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

Los Antrax 5-7

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Good post brother. Even though they are old, you really should go back and play GTA3 and GTA Vice City. They are excellent games and still hold up well today. The graphics aren't even that bad. If we are going to talk favorite GTA Game of all time, MY number one is DEFINITELY Vice City. I played it on the PC first, and later got it for the original Xbox. I agree that Michael is a good choice as most awesome character, but if you like Michael, you will LOVE Tommy Vercetti from Vice City. He's like the Scarface of the GTA world. That man was the money. Trust me, after you play Vice City, Michael will no longer be your choice for favorite.

I actually was told that GTA:VC was built around the "Scarface" movie in that Vercetti's mansion is similar to Tony Montana's and it's based in Miami and about a drug kingpin. I actually played the game when my mate had finished it but at the time I wasn't really into the game when I borrowed it? Looking back, I don't know why I was not since I loved the Godfather games, Scarface game & Mafia games. Maybe it was because I'm a huge Al Pacino fan that having that feel GTA ripped off Scarface was a turnoff? Maybe too much dumb ego for myself but I tell you the Scarface game was excellent. I played that until my disc melted haha, not really melted but just played the f*cking holy hell out of it. 

I forgot to mention with picking, Michael, it's not because it's from my view point heavily based on The Sopranos characters but you got more to relate to with him? The family, the crime, the cops, the fear of losing everything but wanting it everything at the sametime. So a lot more draws you into that character, but, for some others they might hate that kind of sh*t and just love that crazy, drug raged, no family, strange love attraction and etc, Trevor, character. I guess it's how the player feels drawn to the character even if it's not from GTA5 but I can only really speak about GTA5 characters and I mention why.

• Yoshack_Fyre likes this

Yoshack_Fyre
  • Yoshack_Fyre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Someone just reminded me of Brucie from GTA IV. THAT was a great character!

Yoshack_Fyre
  • Yoshack_Fyre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

bump

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

probably Niko Bellic and Michael De Santa for me I just love them both equally and think

they are unique and awesome

• theGTAking101 likes this

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

My man Johnson, Carl Johnson.

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

I Think Niko Bellic was a great character.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

AYE.

Also Big Smoke, Trevor and Roman Bellic. These guys are just awesome.

Maybe Kent Paul too.

LowiPL
  • LowiPL

|_______|

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

Trevor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users