Landing Gear

27 replies to this topic
Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

Am I missing something?  Why is this mission so popular?  I actually hate it, especially since landing a plane is a harsh chore, unless I'm doing something wrong.

• Poohdini likes this

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

Is this the mission where you have to take the planes to the docks and helicopters come after you on the way?

If so, then I'm not sure why. I thought it was a pretty fun mission, but there are definitely much better missions available.

Zer0 Zoler0
  • Zer0 Zoler0

Fruitcake

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

Is this the mission where you have to take the planes to the docks and helicopters come after you on the way?

If so, then I'm not sure why. I thought it was a pretty fun mission, but there are definitely much better missions available.

No, it´s the mission where you have to shoot a bunch of guys, steal the plane and land it at Sandy shores, where more baddies show up.

Also any mission that involves flying an airplane, I like:)

happy joker
  • happy joker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:43 AM Edited by happy joker, 30 October 2013 - 07:44 AM.

Oh that.... for me I just love planes andlanding it. I can't dogfight

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:44 AM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 30 October 2013 - 07:45 AM.

No, CReaper is right.

I hate the mission.  I just see it A LOT for some reason, along with Holed Up (Burton).

Zero you are thinking of Landing STRIP lol

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:45 AM Edited by R.R, 30 October 2013 - 07:45 AM.

Oh, I remember that mission.

I honestly haven't seen it show up that often tbh, but it's a breeze if you have a sniper or two with you. Clean off the beach, steal the plane, get the snipers to parachute down to SS, clean the place out, land the plane.

a-simples-life-001.jpg

edit - oh, not the mission i'm thinking of then.

• Chaos-Elite likes this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

Is this the mission where you have to take the planes to the docks and helicopters come after you on the way?If so, then I'm not sure why. I thought it was a pretty fun mission, but there are definitely much better missions available.

No, it´s the mission where you have to shoot a bunch of guys, steal the plane and land it at Sandy shores, where more baddies show up. Also any mission that involves flying an airplane, I like:)
Wasn't that one called "Landing Strip"?

And by the way, i find landing really easy tbh, don't know why so many people have problems with it. And even if you can't bring it down smoothly GTA won't punish you with breaking gears or something...

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

No, it´s the mission where you have to shoot a bunch of guys, steal the plane and land it at Sandy shores, where more baddies show up.

No, That is Landing Strip. Landing Gear is the one you have to deliver one of the three planes to the dock. It's pretty fun with mates. Better than most of the other ones I have done.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:45 AM Edited by CReaper210, 30 October 2013 - 07:49 AM.

Oh.. The mission being called Landing Gear made me think of the other one, since the ending involved landing a plane in between all the machines and poles, and a lot of people had trouble with it.

I know the mission now. I really didn't like that one too much. Not that it was bad, but it just wasn't very special. It was usually a very long drive, + the last part is frustrating as no one else seems to know what to do. Either I'm the pilot, and no one jumps out to take out the bad guys, or I'm not the pilot, and whoever is piloting the plane lands right in the middle of all the bad guys.

LoL, now I see I was correct the first time. ^ This was pointless, ignore me.

No, CReaper is right.

I hate the mission.  I just see it A LOT for some reason, along with Holed Up (Burton).

I don't see Landing Gear too often, but I'm with you on Holed Up. I get that mission all the time. I try to avoid it and play more of the higher level missions that I haven't played much yet.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

Omg right when I finished my post, I joined Landing Gear AGAIN lol

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

Didn't know only 1 plane needs to make it.  You can land one, and blow up the other 2 in the Sandy Shores hangar and you still pass...

Zer0 Zoler0
  • Zer0 Zoler0

Fruitcake

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:18 AM Edited by Zer0 Zoler0, 30 October 2013 - 08:21 AM.

No, CReaper is right.

Ohh my bad. Only thing I hate about landing gear is that it takes more then 4 players to start it.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:27 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 30 October 2013 - 08:39 AM.

That mission really sucks when someone blows up the white truck in front of the hanger lol

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Am I missing something?  Why is this mission so popular?  I actually hate it, especially since landing a plane is a harsh chore, unless I'm doing something wrong.

If you can't land the plane, don't get in drivers seat.
People should jump out and take out most guards on the runway.

TsoAmazyn10
  • TsoAmazyn10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Dude when ur landing the plane hold L2 to cut the engine off and glide in softly for perfect landing

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

You think landing a plane is hard lol.

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

I Love landing gear, the mission is so unpredictable and a lot can go wrong. Its just epic.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

I just did this mission.

5 minutes, no problems lol

Poohdini
  • Poohdini

Stringer

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

i agree....also the payout is wack

i hate getting stuck flying the plane...seems like everybody is scared to do it

you fly it then get to the strip and crash it and feel like a ass

Poohdini
  • Poohdini

Stringer

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

No, That is Landing Strip. Landing Gear is the one you have to deliver one of the three planes to the dock. It's pretty fun with mates. Better than most of the other ones I have done.

ohhhh...yeah landing strip is wack

haven't played landing gear

Tiddy
  • Tiddy

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

I just get pissed that everyone seems incapable of landing the planes.
  • Benargee likes this

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

I haven't seen it in a long time...
But I do see Holed Up quite a bit.

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Never had it appear for me so far at level 55.

Benargee
  • Benargee

Blaine County Bush Pilot

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:25 PM Edited by Benargee, 30 October 2013 - 12:25 PM.

LOL i like this mission because i like planes, and its quick and easy with a half decent team.

You have to be a little creative on landing but i have a pretty good eye for finding landing spots from the sky.

Benargee
  • Benargee

Blaine County Bush Pilot

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

I just get pissed that everyone seems incapable of landing the planes.

i her ya brother, itts either under the cranes or next to it, under the other side of the cranes. people just need more practise.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

Landing a plane isnt hard, the turbulences are just uncontrollably unrealistic.

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Who gives the missions landing gear and landing strip?

Benargee
  • Benargee

Blaine County Bush Pilot

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Who gives the missions landing gear and landing strip?

Google does.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users