» «
Photo

Transporter vs Riot

50 replies to this topic
Cloudafloat
  • Cloudafloat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:56 AM Edited by Cloudafloat, 30 October 2013 - 07:23 AM.

I have tested both vehicles quite a bit and actually find the Police Transporter to be more effective overall but I see a lot of people still choosing the riot over the transporter.

With the riot you are much more sluggish allowing for others to easily escape or evade you, furtheremore if someone knows to aim for your tires they can easily limit your movement.

Ontop of that seems the windows eventually break with constant fire turning into big holes that leave you wide open from that side.

Its only real advantage is its resistance to explosions but due to the transporters increased acceleration you can easily move out of the way and dodge most bombs.

Some people claim the transporter is not 100% bullet proof which is true but its still very difficult for players to manage to shoot you given that the gaps in the bars seem to be smaller then they really are if you can even shoot through them, half of the time you don't shoot through. Also these bars do not wear out or break like the riot's windows.

Any opinions?

Transporter:

PoliceTransporter-GTAV-Front.png

Riot:

Police_Riot_%28Front_%26Side%29-GTAV.jpg

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

The Riot is the definition of badassery.

The front of it is too awesome.

iPlay
  • iPlay

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

whats the differencE?

pics please?

Cloudafloat
  • Cloudafloat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

whats the differencE?

pics please?

Added

nruhdal
  • nruhdal

a.k.a Relaxi

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:37 AM Edited by nruhdal, 30 October 2013 - 07:39 AM.

I must admit that i'm really surprised by the transporter. It seems much more effective compared to the riot - especially against other players, who simply don't know how to take you out when you're in the front (except the occasional sticky). And yea, the mobility gives it a big advantage too.

The beast look, the tank-alike immunity to explosions and the fact that you can have an additional 4 people on the side makes the riot hard to deny though.

I think it's two pretty different cars, so it's very hard to choose between them.

With that being said, i got both of them in my garage  :miranda:

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

I've only seen Transporter. You gotta love Jason Statham though, the same cant be said for Riot.

GT Motion
  • GT Motion

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

I have been driving around my riot all night, I drive up to people and get the best reactions ever, we went on the military base with 5 stars and didn't get phased by anything, tanks never spawned for some reason. 

The only part that sucks is you can't get bulletproof tires, if your passenger shoots out of the window your window is down too I guess so you are vulnerable to bullets, and if you run into someone in a buzzard, tank, or with an RPG you are toast, since you can't run away.  The riot will always be awesome in missions, and in freeroam it will be fun until everyone gets over 100, then it will be useless since they will just blow you up with rpg.

SinfulGroove
  • SinfulGroove

Knight

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:20 AM Edited by SinfulGroove, 30 October 2013 - 09:21 AM.

I tested both with a 5 star wanted level and as defensive cars in multi.

While the transporter is strong and fast even sans tires it cant withstand the barrage of chopper fire a 5 star wanted level brings, nor the sticky bombs a player brings. While the riot may be bigger and slightly slower, its a goddamn 4 person tank.

also the inability to throw grenades or sticky bombs out of the transporter gives the riot another point.

Joshancy
  • Joshancy

"I have to return some videotapes."

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

Riot.

-I can sit in the car and not worry about dying, no one ever shoots through the driver's window.

-Looks too f*cking badass

-Resists RPG's, Grenades, and Stickies.

-Drives well even without tires.

-A total of 10 people being able to be in the car + sides.

Riot van is more of a defense type deal, but still, this sh*ts on the Transporter. 

LOOK AT IT

0_0.jpg

IT MAKES ME HARD

IT MAKES ME BADASS

IT MAKES MY EPEEN LARGER

LOOK AT IT

APPRECIATE IT 

NOW RESPECT IT

• Biohazard Abyss likes this

CZuk
  • CZuk

No.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

Can you store the transporter in your garage without glitching it in?

CZuk
  • CZuk

No.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Riot.
-I can sit in the car and not worry about dying, no one ever shoots through the driver's window.

Riot van is more of a defense type deal, but still, this sh*ts on the Transporter. 

LOOK AT IT
0_0.jpg

IT MAKES ME HARD
IT MAKES ME BADASS
IT MAKES MY EPEEN LARGER

LOOK AT IT

APPRECIATE IT 

NOW RESPECT IT

I had one, insured and everything, I drove it around daily, and loved it
However the unfortunate thing is you can't store it in your garage without glitching, and rockstar might put some patc in that removes glitched vehicles from your garage, hunk of sh*t

Joshancy
  • Joshancy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

Eh, I'm pretty much sure they'll patch it up. So I'm enjoying it while I can

SinfulGroove
  • SinfulGroove

Knight

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Riot.

Wait what, the riot holds 10 people?

Joshancy
  • Joshancy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

Riot.

2 in the front, 4 in the back, 4 on the sides

myusername09
  • myusername09

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

does the Police Transporter give you free armor like the riot?

SinfulGroove
  • SinfulGroove

Knight

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Riot.

4 IN THE BACK?

f*ck the transporter.

GT Motion
  • GT Motion

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:01 AM Edited by GT Motion, 30 October 2013 - 11:06 AM.

I have been driving around the riot all night.  For some reason people are able to blow me up if they throw grenades and they land underneath, but when I threw a sticky bomb underneath nothing happened.  

I was telling these guys they can't kill me, no matter what they do, and then they threw a grenade and boom, I am dead.  If the grenade goes under the truck it blows up?  What is the deal?

Edit:  I just tested it, sticky bombs wont blow it up, regular grenades do, that is lame.

OffroadRunner
  • OffroadRunner

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

Riot.

It def doesn't hold 4 in the back, we've tried. You can't even get in the back of it. And if you did it, take pictures to prove it and how you did it. We had 11 crew members on, 2 in the front 2 on each side and they tried getting in the back but nothing worked.

Retardation
  • Retardation

Radio Mirror Park

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

One thing that people are forgetting, and was the deciding factor for the riot van over transporter for me, is that sitting in the van gives you full armour automatically. An extra health bar for free? Can't say no.

Also you can definitely fit at least two people in the back of a riot van, not sure about four, but that's irrelevant when you've got two in the front and four on the sides anyway lol.

Joshancy
  • Joshancy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Riot.

It def doesn't hold 4 in the back, we've tried. You can't even get in the back of it. And if you did it, take pictures to prove it and how you did it. We had 11 crew members on, 2 in the front 2 on each side and they tried getting in the back but nothing worked.

0_0.jpg

OffroadRunner
  • OffroadRunner

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Riot.

0_0.jpg

How the heck did you get them in? My crew members just kept climbing ontop of it, or it wasn't even registering they could get into it.

Joshancy
  • Joshancy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Ok I'ma make a tutorial

1. Get a Riot Van

2. Walk to the back

3. Prepare your body

4. Prepare your anus

5. Press Y

6. Board the car

But seriously, you need a driver before you do press Y.

• GambleGamble likes this

remixzen
  • remixzen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I love putting a sticky bomb on the front of the riot and ramming into other cars then detonating it.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

The Riot and Transporter has nearly identical driving stats. If you drive up the freeway from the city to the top of the map in both, it takes the same amount of time to get there. They have basically the same top speed, and their other stats are negligibly different. If the Riot feels sluggish to you, then the Transporter should as well.

The thing about shooting out the Riot's tires is a moot point because the Transporter doesn't have bulletproof tires either.

The Riot can have a sticky bomb directly attached to it and it will not be destroyed or even noticeably damaged. That's a big deal when everyone and their mother throws sticky bombs before anything else. Saying that the Transporter doesn't need to worry as much about explosives because of its negligibly "higher acceleration" when it still accelerates slower than every other vehicle in the game is simply false.

And then there's the fact that the Transporter's windows are not bulletproof. If someone opens up on you with an Advanced Rifle, you'll find out pretty fast how easy it is to shoot between those bars.

At the end of the day, the Riot comes out as a clear winner in the warzone known as Los Santos.

Cloudafloat
  • Cloudafloat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:20 PM Edited by Cloudafloat, 30 October 2013 - 03:20 PM.

The Riot and Transporter has nearly identical driving stats. If you drive up the freeway from the city to the top of the map in both, it takes the same amount of time to get there. They have basically the same top speed, and their other stats are negligibly different. If the Riot feels sluggish to you, then the Transporter should as well.

The thing about shooting out the Riot's tires is a moot point because the Transporter doesn't have bulletproof tires either.

The Riot can have a sticky bomb directly attached to it and it will not be destroyed or even noticeably damaged. That's a big deal when everyone and their mother throws sticky bombs before anything else. Saying that the Transporter doesn't need to worry as much about explosives because of its negligibly "higher acceleration" when it still accelerates slower than every other vehicle in the game is simply false.

And then there's the fact that the Transporter's windows are not bulletproof. If someone opens up on you with an Advanced Rifle, you'll find out pretty fast how easy it is to shoot between those bars.

At the end of the day, the Riot comes out as a clear winner in the warzone known as Los Santos.

They may have the same stats but the riot is much more heavy resulting in it accelerating more slowly.

Example: Police Transporter without tires vs steep hill infront of 400k apartment, still able to get up, Riot without tires unable to get up the hill at all

The transporter is more agile in that when you inevitably crash into objects/players/vehicles with the riot you lose your speed and it takes longer to get moving again then in the transporter, thus leaving you vulnerble to explosives for a longer period of time.

Personally I like the transporter because I can move around much more quickly inside it evading sticky bombs grenades and so on while spinning it around so the back faces my enemies like a shield. The riot is without a doubt much more defensive but I feel more at risk of explosives then in the transporter simple due to its lack of mobility.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

I love putting a sticky bomb on the front of the riot and ramming into other cars then detonating it.

This sounds like an AMAZING idea

Joshancy
  • Joshancy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

This sounds like an AMAZING idea

you guys are evil

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'm sorry lol but if I had space, I'd so get a riot asap.

Joshancy
  • Joshancy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Replace the tow truck.

mmhmm+_81136c014fcdc39ab236eb398841ce60.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

I haven't tried the Transporter but it'll take something pretty special to dethrone the almighty Riot Van.

Riot Van advantages -

- Bulletproof front glass.
- Resistance to light explosions, it'll take about 5 stickybombs or nearby car explosions to kill the Riot Van. However heavier explosions like Grenades/RPGs/GLs/Tanks/Buzzards will take it out in one hit.
- Free 100% armour for getting in.
- Vehicle itself is largely bulletproof. Might be completely immune to bullets or it might just take THOUSANDS of rounds for anything to happen.
- Carries 8. (2 front, 2 back, 2 hanging off the left, 2 hanging off the right. Hanging off is kinda a deathtrap though).

It is CRYING out for bulletproof tires and a turbo, but even without those it's still an excellent vehicle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users