» «
Photo

Cardboard screws you over?

14 replies to this topic
Crimson Glyph
  • Crimson Glyph

Garfunkel Squirts

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:24 AM Edited by Crimson Glyph, 30 October 2013 - 04:24 AM.

I'm pretty sure there should never be a time when this happens;

I'm leading an entire race on "Down the Drain" (The one that's in the little canal type thing under the bridge in the La Mesa area) by literally a mile, and proceed to hit a flat piece of cardboard on the track. This somehow thrusts my front end into the air causing me to do a wheelie, and when my front tires hit the ground again, I spin out completely, causing me to have zero chance of winning.

This seems to be the case a lot of the time when you race online. One person f*cks you over, and the rest of the race is pointless because you don't have a chance.

Seriously, though, what's with the f*cking cardboard on "Down the Drain?"

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Haha good old down the drain, yeah cardboard on the last straight can definitely spin you out, what I did to counteract it was to hold my left stick all the way forward down the straight (on bike or car) so if you do go nose up the stick being forward will push you straight down again.

lokdogiv
  • lokdogiv

CREW:GTAPJT & GTAPJT RACING.PSN: LokDog_IV

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

all the time! but it does sometemes give me the upperhand!

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

How awesome is it to see a piece of cardboard you spun up hit another players wheels and go flying in your rear view haha.

lokdogiv
  • lokdogiv

CREW:GTAPJT & GTAPJT RACING.PSN: LokDog_IV

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

How awesome is it to see a piece of cardboard you spun up hit another players wheels and go flying in your rear view haha.

yea it does make the race that bit more intreresting,u can be tailing at the back with catch up off,others spin out on carboard & your left on 4 wheels with pedal to the floor to the finish,the big killer can be that last hairpin turn to,alot of people end up in the water haha

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

Exactly, it still surprises me to see how many people come flying across the last hairpin every time just to spin out or roll aha.

• lokdogiv likes this

chuyo
  • chuyo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Idk if its my imagination, but I think I've memorized where they spawn? Unless its random? I haven't hit one in a long time.

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

Its just one of those little quirks that make down the drain unique. I like the idea of it although it has caught me out a few times but then others its worked in my favour. If your finding it tricky recovering from crashes online then you can put catch up on, its on the race settings menu. I find this leads to some much closer races which can be more fun. We were struggling with one of our friends winning every time until we tried this and now he's down to only about 70% winning.
It evens the playing field a bit.

livejoker
  • livejoker

I'm Herbert Moooooooon!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

Stay to the right so your left door should be breezing by the checkpoint (enough to trigger it). Just watch out for the burnt car on the right. I haven't hit one since I learned that trick. Also, if not in first, watch out for others that do hit the cardboard. I've had it flown at me but nothing happened. I'm sure it can f*ck you over if it got under your wheel, though, so watch out. :)

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

LOL,you gotta watch that cardboard,its dark and dangerous and it will get you,seen awesome flip outs and spins on DTD.Really want the content creator so can race with sandkings see if it takes them out too.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

whats really daft is this still happens when its raining,,,,, who gets spun out by wet cardboard???

creamofpayne
  • creamofpayne

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

whats really daft is this still happens when its raining,,,,, who gets spun out by wet cardboard???

Depends on how fast you're going!

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

Didn't even have to read the post and I knew just what you're talking about by the title. Hell yes does the Cardboard screw me over. I never really liked that track but so many people play it every time I must make sure to avoid all Cardboard.

Crimson Glyph
  • Crimson Glyph

Garfunkel Squirts

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

I like the track simply because it's simple and it's relatively quick. The only issue was the cardboard because it pretty much throws the results up in the air. It almost doesn't even matter how good of a driver you are. Even with catch-up on, it's a shot in the dark trying to win that thing.

Safetytrousers
  • Safetytrousers

I bring flowers

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

.Really want the content creator.

Good point, I wonder if we will see cardboard infested tracks?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users