» «
Photo

Feedback for Devs on GTA5 Online

8 replies to this topic
Zenn30k
  • Zenn30k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:06 AM Edited by Zenn30k, 30 October 2013 - 04:12 AM.

So I've been playing online more or less since its release, I'm okay with launch problems as really, who hasn't had online launch problems?

My issues with this game revolve entirely around developers choices for the online portion of the game.

For the record, my character is level 51, I have a 150k apartment (that I didn't cheat to get) and 3 cars that are upgraded about half-way.

Blanket Statement:  GTA5 Online is boring and because I DIDN'T exploit the game and acquire millions of dollars...I'm now basically unable to have fun.

Lets begin with the available mission types:

"Mission" - These are more or less pointless unless you have 3 people you can always count on to help you...sure you can do it alone, but chances are the 100% accurate from any distance and angle AI will kill you, its designed to kill you, its designed to make it nearly impossible to do alone...since none of my friends play this online (minus 1 guy who rarely plays), these missions basically aren't available to me.   I will not do these with random people, as the "community" of random players have shown me time and time again they are moronic, inept, and asinine, I have no desire to play with them.   All that combine with the fact the payouts for these are so bad as well, its completely pointless to do any of them.   I didn't bother with "Meth'd Up" until I was level 45...and I still almost died 5 times just driving the RV.  I haven't cared enough to even look at another one.

Parachuting - The payout isn't even worth the loading time, even if you're good at it (which I'm not, because I've done this mission about 3 times), you make next to nothing.   Its fun about once.

Deathmatch - Also known as "freeroam with more loading screens".   Its frankly more fun to kill a random person in free roam then it is to kill them in Deathmatch.   The payout for the winning team is pretty bad and the losing team gets nothing.   Another mission that's simply not worth the loading screens.

Survival - Do boneyard, hide in the spot that allows you to never die (it exists), spend about 30 minutes doing all 10 rounds, get 20k.   One of the few things worth doing.   If I need an extra 20k, I'm usually doing this.   I can even do all 10 rounds alone sometimes, 2 players makes it easy.    The only issue here is how long it takes and how boring it is to do.   You basically MUST hide in a spot that makes every enemy come to you and preferably in a spot that's nearly impossible to get shot...if you do not do this, you won't make it past Wave 4.    So this mode turns into "stand in 1 spot, pop out and shoot as needed...repeat".   Its profitable, but its boring, I think a large part of the problem is how accurate the AI is...this is a major issue in all modes and game types however, the AI simply does NOT miss, ever.

Racing - This is my favorite one to do...or at least it WAS.   Since I didn't cheat for millions of dollars like it seems nearly everyone else did, I'm basically unable to do these anymore.  EVERY lobby I find is Custom Supercars.  I can't afford a super car, so I don't get to play anymore.   The stock Entity XF (the best stock super) can't keep up with turbocharged custom supercars, so you auto-lose.   Make my own lobby so I can control the custom car availability?  SURE!  I'll just sit in this lobby for 2 hours while nobody ever joins, even if I spam invites.  I've literally sat in my own lobby for 30 actual minutes and NEVER had 1 person join.  I left, did a "quick join" and the first race is "Criminal Records", 1 lap, custom supercars...then I'm kicked from the race before it starts.   Weeeeeeee.    If you do manage to get in a race you might enjoy...everyone crashes you, spins you out, and generally races dirty.   I can't even count the number of times this happens, its literally EVERY race.    Until they give out the free 500k so I can afford a supercar, I'm more or less unable to do races anymore, which is sad, because racing is the best way to earn money, in terms of time spent vs payout.

Did I miss any mission types?   I honestly don't remember, I don't feel like loading up the game to double check, I feel like I got them all.   Bottom line, if its not racing or survival, its pointless.   Racing has been ruined by the people who cheated for millions and survival is boring.

Bad Sport!

- This crap needs to go.   It completely ruins the concept of free roam.   Why am I able to kill others but I'm not allowed to touch their car???   Why not just make it so if someone blows up your car, you get a free replacement from the insurance?  Why charge the player money AND flag as bad sport?   Why punish the player so harshly for what was probably defending themselves?    Bad Sport has destroyed my desire to play free roam mode at all, blowing up peoples cars was pretty much 90% of the fun of the mode and you had to go and ruin it completely.  I just don't understand the thought process on this at all.  Remove it or you're gonna find GTA5 Online turn into the ghost town RDR turned into after a month.   Fun fact, if you put a sticky on your windshield at about face level, if someone else's bullet blows up the sticky, they are charged for the repairs and get the bad sport.   Have fun with that one, tested and confirmed.

You have to BUY cars:

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this game was called GRAND THEFT AUTO.    If I find an Infernus on the road and take it, I should be allowed to keep it just like in single player.  Why did you do this?   Why even have these cars in online if you won't let keep them?   The ONLY cars that should spawn are cars you can keep.   Another really poor design choice.   The only reason for this is to force us to grind away cash to buy these cars for millions of dollars, sorry, I just don't care enough, income is simply too slow.   To earn enough cash to buy a super car worth 500k, it takes 250 survival missions all 10 wave completion...or at least 125 hours (at 30 minutes per survival).   Your game just doesn't hold my attention for 125 hours, clearly this was a ploy to goat people into spending real money instead, jackass move Rockstar.

I won't be buying your DLC and I won't be spending real money on this game to get in game cash.

I'll check back in a few months to see if you've fixed any of these issues...maybe, if anyone is even still playing by then, I suspect they won't be as new and more interesting games come to market and the new consoles launch.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

These aren't official forums.

You can contact RS directly using their support pages.

Khartman
  • Khartman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:13 AM Edited by Khartman, 30 October 2013 - 04:15 AM.

you know this isnt run by R*, its a fansite

edit: I dont find the AI that over powered, or Cops op in any way. But thats how I like to play. Good luck with your support ticket

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

Pretty good feedback, but I guess you ought to send it to R* instead. 

Zenn30k
  • Zenn30k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

Well sh*t, I thought this was the official.  My bad.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

edit: I dont find the AI that over powered, or Cops op in any way. But thats how I like to play. Good luck with your support ticket

just curious...is there an official R* forum??,,I couldn't find one...

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

just curious...is there an official R* forum??,,I couldn't find one...

Rockstar Support - there is a questions/answers style forum, and you can send them Game Ideas or Feedback. I used it after the recent mission payouts - because legit play became way way too slow for me.

I'm fine with Bad Sport, but if they shoot from their vehicle I should get a 'free pass'.

Also fine with having to buy expensive cars, it makes them feel like they're worth more, it's only a frustration for many people because the payouts are so low - only way to earn them without cheating/glitching is basically to sit in a boring short GTA race and just replay for hours and hours and hours and a few more hours - painful.

rockstargamer4life
  • rockstargamer4life

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

I prettymuch agree with what the op said.....exept the part about survival...me and my crew almost always finish boneyard and we never " hide in some sorta corner" we all have our favorite spot and watch eachothers backs....

Chocolate88
  • Chocolate88

warsaw

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

My favorite part is the same 3 vehicles spawning on the road in the whole f*cking city. Not good vehicles either. I'm used to seeing a bunch of the same car but now it's 3 types of cars ONLY on the road. And 1% is a different car. So lame and unrealistic. Hard to be immersed When there is so little difference on the road.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users