» «
Photo

A reasonable perspective on hanging out in your apt. with a bounty on

70 replies to this topic
CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:34 AM Edited by CReaper210, 30 October 2013 - 07:34 AM.

I agree here.

One thing I like doing with a bounty, though, is finding a good sniper point, and snipe bounty hunters unexpectedly. For some reason, most players just come straight at you with no plan, just blindly firing and hoping to kill you, so it works quite well, so long as you can aim with your sniper.

But that is where the bad sport system can really ruin your fun. It would be awesome to setup ambushes in choke points and to actually take advantage of your surroundings, but you're severely limited as to not blow up their vehicle.

It's still fun anyways. It would be awesome if GTA5 had more interior buildings, as that would make defending yourself from bounties that much more fun.

IcePwrd
  • IcePwrd

Child of GabeN

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

R* will probably update this so you may not enter your apartment or a mod shop with a bounty,

that would be beyond stupid

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

it would be a pain not being able to enter lsc or your apartment.. I was in a lobby the other day where everyone had a bounty on them.. it was fun to begin with, absolute mayhem, but as soon as a bounty times out or was collected someone put another on and after the initial novelty it got tiresome so left to a new lobby and carried the bounty over but then got pursued by a few from the last session and pretty much the same happened. it's only a game and I refuse to get annoyed and try to play along but it does get old hat.. in the end just kept playing missions, even a few followed into those and tried killing in there but they can't collect bounties in missions and waste their own time and risk bad sport when then exit mid way through.

j0hn_d0e
  • j0hn_d0e

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Strangely enough, all bounties on my head are ALWAYS 9k...sigh, sucks to be me.

Anyhow - what I normally do, is say F*ck sitting in my apartment like a pussy, I seek out the lowest, single figure dude/dudess in my session, and offer up my gentleman's region for them to do as they please.

They ALWAYS thank me afterwards.

• SAUL_SILVER likes this

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Appetite For Illusion

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:05 AM Edited by Poohdini, 30 October 2013 - 10:03 AM.

never had a bounty put on me other than by a npc..and most of those were in invite only and i would just do missions until it expired

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

If I get a good bounty I play games with my hunters.  I'll go for a drive and they never catch me, gets the heart beating faster!

If they get close or get a kill, then they deserved the bounty.  If it's going to be a cheap kill for someone I shoot myself in the head.

When medical bills were 5k I used to hide in my apartment.  Sometimes I put Weasel news on and watch the 10 people waiting outside for me kill each other when I put bounties on them.  Gives enough time to leave the garage :)

djim
  • djim

The helpful hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:36 AM Edited by djim, 30 October 2013 - 09:37 AM.

You know its hard times when theres not a bounty on your head and they're waiting outside still.... btw i haven't ever stayed inside my house, I like running haha.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Waiting out the last 5 minutes of your bounty in your apartment is fine.
Spending 48 minutes hiding in your apartment is just cowardly and inconsiderate. No excuses.

If you get a bounty then you suddenly realize you need to idle for 48 minutes (wow, what a remarkable coincidence!) then switch to an invite only session or something. You'll still get your money and you can still meet up with friends but you won't waste other people's time, which is what the problem is about.

People aren't mad about missing out on a few thousand dollars, they're mad about driving across the map only to find out that their target is actually invulnerable. (The game does has invulnerable icons for players, it just doesn't use them when players spawn in apartments and hell doesn't use them properly half the time anyway).

Really your excuses don't sound the slightest bit credible. If you need to idle for 48 mins (lol) and it just so happens you got a bounty 10 seconds earlier (lol lol) and this happens every single day (lol lol lol) then you can still show some decency with it by playing on invite only.

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

When I have a bounty I usually hop on a train. It's so fun to just see people on the map coming my way and then seeing them as they try to figure out how to get me.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

...And that, ladies and gentlemen is why I only put out 2 thousand dollar hits.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

When I have a bounty I usually hop on a train. It's so fun to just see people on the map coming my way and then seeing them as they try to figure out how to get me.

Easy, throw sticky bombs where you're at.  Boom, have done it one time to this guy using your method.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

You have a point against one of the arguments,but however, you are ignorant. What would you do if you didnt have the bounty, what you just go sit in your appartement? If you were just about to eat or so, k, otherwise youre just fooling yourself.

Yes. I chill in the apt. a lot. Unless it was unclear from what I typed, I said that I was chilling in the apartment before the bounty was put on my head. I was chilling in there for about 10 or 15 minutes and then somebody put it on my head for some reason... sent me a message about being a "pollos" and then I told him to F off, then he put the bounty on me.

I get kicked for being idle in my apt. all the time without bounties. Maybe it's just me. I get caught up browsing the internet in real life while playing, namely this site.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Waiting out the last 5 minutes of your bounty in your apartment is fine.
Spending 48 minutes hiding in your apartment is just cowardly and inconsiderate. No excuses.

If you get a bounty then you suddenly realize you need to idle for 48 minutes (wow, what a remarkable coincidence!) then switch to an invite only session or something. You'll still get your money and you can still meet up with friends but you won't waste other people's time, which is what the problem is about.

People aren't mad about missing out on a few thousand dollars, they're mad about driving across the map only to find out that their target is actually invulnerable. (The game does has invulnerable icons for players, it just doesn't use them when players spawn in apartments and hell doesn't use them properly half the time anyway).

Really your excuses don't sound the slightest bit credible. If you need to idle for 48 mins (lol) and it just so happens you got a bounty 10 seconds earlier (lol lol) and this happens every single day (lol lol lol) then you can still show some decency with it by playing on invite only.

You don't have to believe me, but I'm telling the truth. I get kicked for idling at least once a day.

Most of the time, if I have a bounty, one of my friends in the session kills me, or I stay out and run and get my K/D ratio up by killing the people chasing me.

If you would have really read into what I typed, you would understand that I was making a point about making an easy 9k if you are busy in real life with other things. Might as well let the game run and collect the 9k while you are doing laundry or making food.

I figured this seemed obvious. It's the only way to make 9k while doing nothing. Think about it.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

I got some good laughs last night and today while hanging out in my apt. with a $9,000 bounty on my head. Guys were hovering around my apt., waiting for what seemed like a lot of in-game time for me to come out. After a while, they began sending me asinine and moronic messages, prodding me, hoping I would come outside and man up to such biting and hurtfully infuriating insults (sarcasm).

This alone makes it entertaining to chill in the apt. with a bounty on your head, just for the fun of how stupid and hypocritical people get. They will accuse you of wasting your time because you can easily make 9k out in free roam, so who cares, right? Well, they're the ones not doing anything other than waiting for you to come outside, so they're doing the same thing. Morons.

What these degenerates do not consider is that life exists outside of GTA online, even when you are in GTA online!!! For example, last night, when I had the bounty put on my head, I was already in my apt., browsing my phone, looking at cars, and watching people on the TV (I enjoy it). Today, right now, when I logged back in, I still had the bounty. I hadn't eaten anything recently, so I decide to sit in the apt., go into the kitchen, cook some food, watch TV for a minute, and grab a drink. I come back, move the stick to prevent being kicked for being idle, and now I am on this forum typing.

What am I supposed to do, intentionally commit suicide for you because you are less creative than I am about managing time outside and inside the game at the same time? If I want to chill in my apt. for 30 minutes and do something else, maybe even wait for friends to join my session, isn't it convenient that I am making 9k off of keeping a bounty, not to mention sticking it to the guy who gave it to me?

Use your head, ignoramuses. Remember that the world is full of possibilities. Don't limit yourself to the first, most asinine and negative assumption you can think of.

Go on TV and watch people do some crazy sh*t.

• j0hn_d0e likes this

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

100% spot on old chap. i have other sh*t to do IRL and a bounty gives me that opportunity to go make a snack, grab a beer, have a smoke, jerk off a little, etc, before getting back into gta

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Most idiots are selfish assholes. Not really a landmark revelation...

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

R* will probably update this so you may not enter your apartment or a mod shop with a bounty,

Yeah or it stops the timer

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

I tried this once but the players gathering outside my garage just kept 'kicking' me. I headed into an invite only session and worked on my stats for an in-game day. the 9k was mine in no time and the fool that placed the bounty got burned twice!

Vlemert
  • Vlemert

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

I've followed people around half the map back to their appartment, hate it when people do that (as much as I hate it when they fly off in a chopper right before I arrive). Doesn't mean that I'll drive circles around the block for hours and start sending messages, I just turn around and move on with my life...

It's part of the game, but I don't think you should get the achievement for hiding in your appartment though...

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

you're a pussy and are wasting time

so what you die once and not get the bounty money

48 minutes for 9K even is a sh*tty payout no matter how you look at it

you camping to circumvent normal game mechanics is just pure lame

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Always the same excuses for sitting out a bounty in your apartment. If you need to do your laundry, cook food or check gtaf, don't leave your game on!

Go hide in the yellow submarine instead :lol:  The world is full of possibilities...

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

when i do some bounty hunting and i ecounter a bounty that's in an apartment i just leave and other things. :lol:

blueeyes
  • blueeyes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

There's a way to piss them off even more. Get a helicopter. Fly to to roof of an appartment. Let a mate place a bounty on your head. Wait until there's a nice group of bounty campers at the apartment. Bonus is to wait for hatemail. Then call Lester to go off the radar, jump down, kill them all and enter your appartment/leave server :D
  • stumblebum likes this

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

There are a couple of spots in the map that you can hide in and shoot out at people, but they can not shoot at you. I tend to go to these places when I'm being chased by cops or just like to kill a bunch of cops without dying. I went to one of these places when I had a bounty and had the place swarming with cops. Players kept sniffing around trying to get me and I'd gun them down. Some got extremely angry on the mic and I was laughing while shotgunning them down (or the cops would kill them for me).

But yeah, one time they tried to kick me so I came out and fought them because I really didn't need the money that bad and I killed them pretty good, but again I was laughing the whole time because of the pure anger these guys had towards me for, gasp, trying to survive my bounty by any means necessary. They could have stopped coming after me after I killed them the first 10 times, but no. And I had a 5 star wanted level so I had cops all over the place. Some people are just dumb.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Wasting time? Who's time? Who is to say how someone plays a game is a waste of time. Maybe it is being utilized as looking for easter egg clues on the in game TV shows. Browsing the online web pages.

Wasting others time? It is his game too and if the other players are wasting their time waiting for him to exit his apartment, it is their fault, not his.

Circumventing game mechanics? No so, since the game clearly says you can not enter your apartment while the cops have you in view. Once you are lost from view, you are free to enter your apartment/garage. What do you think criminals do when they have a warrant on them? They go hide out in real life.

Your post is just trying to egg a bad response out of the OP and that is all.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Wasting time? Who's time? Who is to say how someone plays a game is a waste of time. Maybe it is being utilized as looking for easter egg clues on the in game TV shows. Browsing the online web pages.

Wasting others time? It is his game too and if the other players are wasting their time waiting for him to exit his apartment, it is their fault, not his.

Circumventing game mechanics? No so, since the game clearly says you can not enter your apartment while the cops have you in view. Once you are lost from view, you are free to enter your apartment/garage. What do you think criminals do when they have a warrant on them? They go hide out in real life.

Your post is just trying to egg a bad response out of the OP and that is all.

it's lame and gay, no excuses

the fact there's even a thread on here defending it shows you fags know what you're doing

ElderTyrant
  • ElderTyrant

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

You clearly had an epiphany while hiding in your apartment.
"I'm not a pussy...I'm ...ENJOYING THE GAME IN MY OWN WAY!"

Have fun watching TV in your GTA apartment while the rest of us play the game.

I have to be honest if you have to return to the game just to wiggle the stick so you don't get kicked...you're an idler, everyone hates idlers. You take up space for no reason while sitting there doing nothing for at least 13 minute intervals.
Wait until your done with everything else...then game. Or you play all day and need a new hobby.
  • AntonWintercold likes this

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Easy, throw sticky bombs where you're at.  Boom, have done it one time to this guy using your method.

Then this guys wasn't using his brain, I can move in cover alongside the empty car, change sides and I can see U coming from the distance so unless you stop the train this is a good method.

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

people who cry about you ruining their fun when you go to your apartment don't seem to understand that they, in fact, ruined what you had planned for the next 48 minutes.  they basically set you up as 1 v15 for 48 minutes, but you ruined their fun by going to your SAFEHOUSE YOU SPENT MONEY ON? 

don't worry, those kinds of players will probably be gone soon.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

When a hacker put a bounty on my head of 2 million...someone buzzed the garage, and I went to it unbeknownst to me they backed away...so I would start the animation of walking out there without a car...

There had to be twenty Sticky Bombs littered all over the ground on the driveway. I stopped the animation in enough time to duck behind the wall. Then I heard the explosions. Then I heard the mic chatter.

"Did she leave?"
"Hey, I will give you half the bounty!"

I then left and went into a friend's only session.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users