Photo

A reasonable perspective on hanging out in your apt. with a bounty on

70 replies to this topic
Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

I got some good laughs last night and today while hanging out in my apt. with a $9,000 bounty on my head. Guys were hovering around my apt., waiting for what seemed like a lot of in-game time for me to come out. After a while, they began sending me asinine and moronic messages, prodding me, hoping I would come outside and man up to such biting and hurtfully infuriating insults (sarcasm).

This alone makes it entertaining to chill in the apt. with a bounty on your head, just for the fun of how stupid and hypocritical people get. They will accuse you of wasting your time because you can easily make 9k out in free roam, so who cares, right? Well, they're the ones not doing anything other than waiting for you to come outside, so they're doing the same thing. Morons.

What these degenerates do not consider is that life exists outside of GTA online, even when you are in GTA online!!! For example, last night, when I had the bounty put on my head, I was already in my apt., browsing my phone, looking at cars, and watching people on the TV (I enjoy it). Today, right now, when I logged back in, I still had the bounty. I hadn't eaten anything recently, so I decide to sit in the apt., go into the kitchen, cook some food, watch TV for a minute, and grab a drink. I come back, move the stick to prevent being kicked for being idle, and now I am on this forum typing.

What am I supposed to do, intentionally commit suicide for you because you are less creative than I am about managing time outside and inside the game at the same time? If I want to chill in my apt. for 30 minutes and do something else, maybe even wait for friends to join my session, isn't it convenient that I am making 9k off of keeping a bounty, not to mention sticking it to the guy who gave it to me?

Use your head, ignoramuses. Remember that the world is full of possibilities. Don't limit yourself to the first, most asinine and negative assumption you can think of.

• lonestranger, R.R, Ola441 and 2 others like this

The One Named Scarlotte
  • The One Named Scarlotte

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:59 AM

I like it when they do this, they scatter when they see me drive out with a tank lol
  • Purpville likes this

FunkNastyFresh
  • FunkNastyFresh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

Well put man, I agree wholeheartedly. 

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

you have a point.  the first time I had a bounty on my head, it was 5k.. I didnt have an apartment to camp in for nearly an hour so I rode it out the natural way.. other than that, I spent 5k and even killed myself a couple of times just to evade the potential bounty hunters.  I just wanted the trophy. other than that, I could utilize my time better for 48mins..but everyone already knows that.  you did whatever you could to piss them off.. and that was it. 

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

I do the same thing, some of the cartoons in game are actually pretty funny. But when you're in your apartment don't stand against the window, rotor blades can kill you through the glass.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

I enjoy the chases that ensue from having a bounty on my head. The majority of GTAO players suck anyways, so destroying a horde of retards trying to claim my bounty is always entertaining.

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

Kudos OP.

*virtual handshake*, you put it quite wonderfully.

MrMonkish
  • MrMonkish

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

I usually am on my computer or watching TV while waiting in my apartment for a bounty.

If no one is camping my apartment, I then high tail it outta there to a good spot to camp and let them try and get the bounty.  I don't make it easy though.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

I sometimes will get a kick out of the people buzzing at my door, but usually when I've got a bounty I'll take out the Banshee or Akuma and just ride around town watching most folks try for a bit and then give up chasing me.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

I was cured, all right!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

Can people kill you inside your apartment if you let them in while having a bounty?

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

When I see bountys chilling in their apartment or realize they're in it I just leave ad keep on eye on them. It's really the only way to get people to come out, and then once they do.. The hunt is on.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

Its always funny to me how dudes with a bounty run to their apt and hide, i mean, collect on their bounty. They think theyre getting the last laugh when in turn it is I. The way i see it, most of the time it's assholes that shoot people for no particular reason etc that get bounties on them. Speaking for me, i only put them on those who interrupt my cruising time. With that being said, id gladly and will continuously place a bounty on a moron if for at least 40+ minutes the streets would be clear of one less griefer. So, please, I implore,continue to run AND STAY in your apt and collect that bounty damn it! YES!
  • yankeebaddabing likes this

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

Its always funny to me how dudes with a bounty run to their apt and hide, i mean, collect on their bounty. They think theyre getting the last laugh when in turn it is I. The way i see it, most of the time it's assholes that shoot people for no particular reason etc that get bounties on them. Speaking for me, i only put them on those who interrupt my cruising time. With that being said, id gladly and will continuously place a bounty on a moron if for at least 40+ minutes the streets would be clear of one less griefer. So, please, I implore,continue to run AND STAY in your apt and collect that bounty damn it! YES!

Got a 5k bounty today for stealing an NPC's car to quickly collect my bike from insurance. So I stayed in my apartment to get the money.
:p

AsPalacesBurn
  • AsPalacesBurn

Into the Everblack

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

R* will probably update this so you may not enter your apartment or a mod shop with a bounty,

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

Got a 5k bounty today for stealing an NPC's car to quickly collect my bike from insurance. So I stayed in my apartment to get the money.

Theyre those that fit the exception. I only put bounties on those that think theyre playing COD already.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

Use your head, ignoramuses.

Is that the correct usage? I would of thought ignoramii would be more appropriate.

Probably not though, stupid language.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

Theyre those that fit the exception. I only put bounties on those that think theyre playing COD already.

Good man :p
It was pretty funny seeing people outside camping out my apartment  door. One even waited there for thirty minutes pointing a shotgun at the door. Some random woman buzzed in wearing nothing but a bra, took a bong hit then left. was quite entertaining for camping for an hour.

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

I have plenty of money and bounty money means nothing to me, I only wait it out to get reactions from people lol.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

Good man :p
It was pretty funny seeing people outside camping out my apartment  door. One even waited there for thirty minutes pointing a shotgun at the door. Some random woman buzzed in wearing nothing but a bra, took a bong hit then left. was quite entertaining for camping for an hour.

Some people really need money, and some are just killers for money, either one i rely on. :cool:

Bathplug
  • Bathplug

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

All that just to not get killed though lol.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

I have plenty of money and bounty money means nothing to me, I only wait it out to get reactions from people lol.

I have plenty money as well and dont see the point in hiding in an apt for a reaction or not. Worst case, id rather shoot it out, or just let someone kill me...i dont have game playing time to just sit around for hours doing nothing.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:37 AM Edited by MLO_III, 30 October 2013 - 03:38 AM.

I like it when they do this, they scatter when they see me drive out with a tank lol

This is by far the best I hid in my apt story for bounties.  I'd love to see that. 

All that just to not get killed though lol.

This is what I always think when people jump to missions or leave session.  Which brings me to my next point...

I have plenty money as well and dont see the point in hiding in an apt for a reaction or not. Worst case, id rather shoot it out, or just let someone kill me...i dont have game playing time to just sit around for hours doing nothing.

Most of the time I just think that people can't handle the AutoAim when its turned against them.  Rather than run the risk of getting owned (several times if its a griefer), they'd rather run and hide.  After all, its so hard to shoot back when they have auto aim too, right? And seriously, who likes to be put in timeout like that, even if they need the money?

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

I tend to send Merryweather onto other players whilst placing bounties on bounty hunters, sh*t never gets old.

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAForums Crew

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

Can people kill you inside your apartment if you let them in while having a bounty?

No. The weapon wheel is disabled while inside an apartment.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:12 AM Edited by brooklyn718, 30 October 2013 - 04:14 AM.

I tend to send Merryweather onto other players whilst placing bounties on bounty hunters, sh*t never gets old.
I paid for Merryweather to go after a griefer and watched on the tv. The griefer killed the MW squad and ran off. I exited the tv and got a call from MW saying the job was complete...i SMH. I let the griefer live after seeing that...no bounty, etc. I didnt see the point in hiring them, and dont think id do it again, 7 grand for what?!. MW should be merciless and shouldnt stop coming until youre gone from the hands of THEM by the one whom called.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

I paid for Merryweather to go after a griefer and watched on the tv. The griefer killed the MW squad and ran off. I exited the tv and got a call from MW saying the job was complete...i SMH. I let the griefer live after seeing that...no bounty, etc. I didnt see the point in hiring them, and dont think id do it again. MW should be merciless and shouldnt stop coming until youre gone.

It would be too easy to grief then. People with xxx,xxx,xxx amount of money could just keep using mercenaries. At least you get refunded if they fail.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

I paid for Merryweather to go after a griefer and watched on the tv. The griefer killed the MW squad and ran off. I exited the tv and got a call from MW saying the job was complete...i SMH. I let the griefer live after seeing that...no bounty, etc. I didnt see the point in hiring them, and dont think id do it again. MW should be merciless and shouldnt stop coming until youre gone.

It would be too easy to grief then. People with xxx,xxx,xxx amount of money could just keep using mercenaries. At least you get refunded if they fail.

Maybe youre right looking from a technical aspect, being im not a griefer i wouldnt abuse such features, so i didnt think of it that way.

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

Mercs should have at least a few waves timed randomly. They're predictableand easy unless youre caught in the open.

I find hiding in the apartment can be hilarious at times with how persistent some players are. Keep buzzing and wasting time, I'm eating cereal and watching YouTube in the meantime.

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

You have a point against one of the arguments,but however, you are ignorant. What would you do if you didnt have the bounty, what you just go sit in your appartement? If you were just about to eat or so, k, otherwise youre just fooling yourself.

lonestranger
  • lonestranger

Texture Artist

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

There is entirely too much logical thought in this thread for it to be on gtaforums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users