Quantcast

» «
Photo

Can I buy cars and other accessories on offline mode in GTA 5 ?

13 replies to this topic
game_worm
  • game_worm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

My PS3 is unable to go to internet. So I can't play GTA 5 Online. Now I have enough cash to buy me a car but I don't know how to do that. Some people say I have to go to internet which is why I am so confused because I really don't know which one they meant, the offline mode or the online mode internet. To put it simply, Can I buy cars and modifications and insurance and and tracker without the actual internet? Please let me know if you have the answer fellows.
Thanks in advance  :)

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

You can buy cars and other vehicles in offline mode. There should be a tab linking to that on EyeFind.info.

• game_worm likes this

game_worm
  • game_worm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

thanks but did you do it yourself. I mean buying a car offline?? I just have to make sure  :)

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

Pull up your phone, go to internet, vehicles tab, pick one of the vehicle websites, choose vehicle, purchase it.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

I think OP is wondering if its possible to make purchases of cars/items with his online character without actually being connected to the internet/cloud servers and whatnot.

And no its not possible. The internet is there to store the cloud and the cloud stores your data. Without one you can't have the other. The internet is the base connection to your online actions/progress.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

My PS3 is unable to go to internet. So I can't play GTA 5 Online. Now I have enough cash to buy me a car but I don't know how to do that. Some people say I have to go to internet which is why I am so confused because I really don't know which one they meant, the offline mode or the online mode internet. To put it simply, Can I buy cars and modifications and insurance and and tracker without the actual internet? Please let me know if you have the answer fellows.
Thanks in advance  :)

While playing as whichever protag (Franklin, Michael, or Trevor), all you need to do is pull up your in-game phone and scroll to the internet icon...this will take you to the in-game internet, NOT the real internet. You can buy several vehicles and properties while playing SP (offline). Note that there are a handful of vehicles that are NOT available to you due to those vehicles being included in either the Special Edition or Collector's Edition of the game only. Also, you can't purchase any property until you complete the mission "Nervous Ron" while playing as Trevor during story mode.

• game_worm likes this

lonestranger
  • lonestranger

Texture Artist

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

A little more info would help. Are you trying to

A: Buy a car to use in single player (a.k.a. offline, a.k.a. campaign) mode, to be driven by Franklin, Michael, or Trevor?

or

B: Buy a car to use in GTA: Online, to be driven by your Online character?

If the answer is "A", then you can buy one via the virtual in-game internet on your virtual in-game phone. There's a few different virtual websites there under "Travel and Transport". You can also steal a vehicle and store it in your garage. There are no trackers or insurance in single player, but your character's assigned vehicle (Buffalo, Tailgater, Bodhi, etc.) can never be destroyed or lost. If your car is abandoned, it can be picked up at the police impound (car icon on the map). It only holds the two most recently driven vehicles per character. It's also a different police impound than the one in Online mode.

If your answer is "B", then no. There isn't really anything you can do with Online mode without being actually online.
  • game_worm likes this

game_worm
  • game_worm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:15 AM Edited by game_worm, 30 October 2013 - 08:52 AM.

A little more info would help. Are you trying to

A: Buy a car to use in single player (a.k.a. offline, a.k.a. campaign) mode, to be driven by Franklin, Michael, or Trevor?

or

B: Buy a car to use in GTA: Online, to be driven by your Online character?

If the answer is "A", then you can buy one via the virtual in-game internet on your virtual in-game phone. There's a few different virtual websites there under "Travel and Transport". You can also steal a vehicle and store it in your garage. There are no trackers or insurance in single player, but your character's assigned vehicle (Buffalo, Tailgater, Bodhi, etc.) can never be destroyed or lost. If your car is abandoned, it can be picked up at the police impound (car icon on the map). It only holds the two most recently driven vehicles per character. It's also a different police impound than the one in Online mode.

If your answer is "B", then no. There isn't really anything you can do with Online mode without being actually online.

Gtao003.jpgYes I am talking about 'a'. Thanks that exactly the answer I am looking for.

game_worm
  • game_worm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:59 AM Edited by game_worm, 30 October 2013 - 09:00 AM.

I think OP is wondering if its possible to make purchases of cars/items with his online character without actually being connected to the internet/cloud servers and whatnot.

And no its not possible. The internet is there to store the cloud and the cloud stores your data. Without one you can't have the other. The internet is the base connection to your online actions/progress.

No I was wondering if its possible to buy cars and other car parts and insurance with my three protagonist in offline play mode.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

No I was wondering if its possible to buy cars and other car parts and insurance with my three protagonist in offline play mode.

I believe insurance is for online only, but you can buy vehicles via the in-game websites and then take them to LS Customs and mod them. Most of the vehicles can simply be jacked on the streets, which is cheaper than buying them lol.

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

Most of the vehicles can simply be jacked on the streets, which is cheaper than buying them lol.

Good idea, I'll wait here 'till you come back to cry about the fact that the modified car you spend 400.000 $ on has vanished .. forever.

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

Pull up your phone, go to internet, vehicles tab, pick one of the vehicle websites, choose vehicle, purchase it.

lonestranger
  • lonestranger

Texture Artist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:21 AM Edited by lonestranger, 31 October 2013 - 01:25 AM.

Most of the vehicles can simply be jacked on the streets, which is cheaper than buying them lol.

Good idea, I'll wait here 'till you come back to cry about the fact that the modified car you spend 400.000 $ on has vanished .. forever.

marcx, are you implying that a stolen car is less secure than a purchased one? It makes no difference. rojovo's correct. If you're going to lose one due to either a bug or your own mistake, it ma as well be one that you have less money into because it's stolen.

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

marcx, are you implying that a stolen car is less secure than a purchased one? It makes no difference.

It does. A stolen car is more likely to be gone if you leave it somewhere than the one you bought on a website.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users