Photo

GTA V online Golf

53 replies to this topic
minieye
  • minieye

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

• Weather effect other than perfect, or Oh my God that wind is strong and pouring buckets!!!

There is a raining setting in the golf lobby. Although it's not as great as you' think, just a big downpour (with no lightning or thunder) an the winds are outrageous to the point where you might as well putt when you're still on the fairway. Cool ideas other than that.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:04 AM Edited by DaCosta, 31 October 2013 - 11:05 AM.

May I just say that IGN stated there was an 18 hole golf course in their online preview, despite Rockstar's website clearly showing there were 9 holes on the LS golf course.

This means either there is a hidden 18 hole golf course in GTA: Online or it means that IGN were just wrong. Now, as it's impossible that a respectable, professional game reviewer could be wrong in their exclusive preview, I'm assuming we still haven't found the hidden 18 holer! :D

Poohdini
  • Poohdini

The One Who Knocks

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:13 AM Edited by Poohdini, 31 October 2013 - 11:24 AM.

In Single Player you can actually use the golf cart to drive to your next shot or walk the course.

that wouldn't work online...you would have ppl jumping/hitting ppl with the golf carts and shooting each other...not playing golf lol

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

In Single Player you can actually use the golf cart to drive to your next shot or walk the course.

that wouldn't work online...you would have ppl jumping/hitting ppl with the golf carts and shooting each other...not playing golf lol

It could work if you used a messy workaround.

The player taking their shot cannot see players that choose to move from their spot. If they do anything but watch the shot (run around, get a golf cart, walk down the fairway, stand in front of the shot etc) they either disappear from the shot-takers screen or they just remain there as a stationary figure.

Meanwhile, the players off-shot are able to do what they want.

I would personally like to head down to my next shot sometimes, rather than have to watch the other players from their point of view (every time I switch camera to my view it automatically switches back to theirs, grrrr.)

yakuza warlord
  • yakuza warlord

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

I have yet to be defeated in a round of golf.  I came awfully close last night with a very good golfer.  We both finished 7 under and just before I had a chance to shoot him a message on PSN he started shooting at me when I spawned out in front.

Thankfully I had just finished a round of survival so I made quick work of him with a minigun.  Then when he spawned down the hill he ran straight at me trying to kill me again... Still had the heavy sniper and popped his head off.  I shot out all his tires and then drove away.  

And thats why you always bring your body armor to a game of golf.

• MADHATTER1945 likes this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

I have yet to be defeated in a round of golf.  I came awfully close last night with a very good golfer.  We both finished 7 under and just before I had a chance to shoot him a message on PSN he started shooting at me when I spawned out in front.

Thankfully I had just finished a round of survival so I made quick work of him with a minigun.  Then when he spawned down the hill he ran straight at me trying to kill me again... Still had the heavy sniper and popped his head off.  I shot out all his tires and then drove away.  

Yes, this is indicative of the kind of behaviour encouraged by the game mechanics of GTA: Online. Well done for holding him off with both a nine iron AND a minigun.

My best score is 6 under but that was in single player.

My one wish for GTA golf is that a mistimed shot would either hook or slice the ball. It's too easy to get the line right with only wind to consider.

GodlessLiberal83
  • GodlessLiberal83

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

I played the first game of it last night.  I clearly got some practing to do (ended as a +3), dead last. 

Poohdini
  • Poohdini

The One Who Knocks

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by Poohdini, 31 October 2013 - 04:15 PM.

my best round was +1 :(

the other guy was like -5 or 6...he was pretty good

yakuza warlord
  • yakuza warlord

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Yes, this is indicative of the kind of behaviour encouraged by the game mechanics of GTA: Online. Well done for holding him off with both a nine iron AND a minigun.

My best score is 6 under but that was in single player.

My one wish for GTA golf is that a mistimed shot would either hook or slice the ball. It's too easy to get the line right with only wind to consider.

My longest drive is 345 yards only because the wind knocked my shot into the water but the game glitched for a minute and flung my ball a few 100 yards in the air and down the green.

That is a good point. But I think it would overly complicate things.  I know that you can hook or slice depending on which direction the joystick is when you hit the swing meter.  Slightly to the left or right will offset the power slider and you can shank your ball.  

Judas0ne
  • Judas0ne

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

My best round is -6.

and 0mnicr0n was dead on with how to hook/slice. Much appreciated.

Crossed Sabres
  • Crossed Sabres

Bad Bish

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Don't mind me just randomly popping in with ideas, but just thought of another

• Ball cam would be pretty cool, when you hit it
  • A random bird/goose just on the course as a hazard
  • Weather effect other than perfect, or Oh my God that wind is strong and pouring buckets!!!

Again these are just ideas, and add on's to a great game R* made

I've been in the middle of a game when it started pouring.  Was actually pretty annoying.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

My best round is -6.

and 0mnicr0n was dead on with how to hook/slice. Much appreciated.

Oh cool. I've played three rounds of golf and never once hooked/sliced the ball yet so I must have a straight drive! :lol:

I'll test out slicing it tonight, just to see how much I can shank it! Thanks yakuza warlord.

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

Does anyone have any tips for finding a game? Or is anyone part of a golf crew? Can never actually play against another human. Either they leave, they kick me or they quit after 1 shot.

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

By the way you can savage people with the ball! Aim at someones face and hit it, it is hilarious!

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:58 AM Edited by Omnicr0n, 02 November 2013 - 01:58 AM.

My first game I thought the golf was lame, I was was +3 or so over. After a couple games you get it, and then you can start lowering your score, same as most golf games.

I'd love another 9 or 18 holes with some more fluff.

BengeyBoy
  • BengeyBoy

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

I really like golf on this game, done quite a bit of it! 

Was thinking would be good to play other players on here (who have the same interest in golf) and not people who are playing it for the first time ever like the majority of people online haha. 

Maybe a little meet, Wear some golfing clothes, meet up in a classy car have a little cruise and take some snaps then go for a round of golf. think it could be a laugh. (or maybe I'm just sad) :D.

• Revoemag and MADHATTER1945 like this

MADHATTER1945
  • MADHATTER1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about with the physics by the hole, like it just stops or hits a bump and stops

I have another Idea about rewarding players for their performance, and putting all of those points in a so called (chest) and if they win they will get those accumulated points due to

• Fairway in regulation
  • Green In regulation
  • Par, Birdie, eagle, hole in one
  • Longest drive in session
  • Longest putt in session
  • Closest to pin

Hopefully someone can build on that, but just was thinking of more ideas for golf

Dostoe1
  • Dostoe1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

If you guys play on the PS, I'd like to try this as I haven't even had a chance to play golf yet.

My PSN is Dostoe

Tokin
  • Tokin

Snee-i-itch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

Of course, R* has a lot more on their mind as it stands, but these small things (especially putting practice) would be great to see in the future.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:01 PM Edited by SLUGFly, 04 November 2013 - 04:02 PM.

NEED:

Giant Miniature Golf

Place the tee somewhere in the city and the hole 3-600 meters away. You have to drive, chip and putt your way through traffic, up/down buildings, over mountains, into strip-clubs and stores, and more!

For serious fun, try GTA Golf in which players can shoot and be shot when not swinging, and the ball can be shot while flying!
  • Revoemag likes this

MADHATTER1945
  • MADHATTER1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

Miniature gold sounds like it could be fun, but like a real course of all of that silly windmill stuff and by a little waterfall

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

Loving golf...just need to give us controls over our characters and not force us to stand there waiting as each player takes a turn. I want to run around...drive the cart..punch my partner out cuz I hit the ball in the water... Freedom...

MADHATTER1945
  • MADHATTER1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

They should also count ties in the whole Win to Loss ratio, Its pretty easy to tie

MADHATTER1945
  • MADHATTER1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by MADHATTER1945, 07 November 2013 - 02:18 AM.

I have 2 more ideas for golf

• I really think during the round their should be a player voted mulligan, so the whole party would have to vote yes for the 1 and only mulligan per person for the whole game.  Or have an option of having the ability to turn it on during set up
  • Hole 3 needs to be fixed by the green, There's a mysterious ramp close to the hole and the ball half the time performs strange

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users