Photo

GTA V online Golf

53 replies to this topic
MADHATTER1945
  • MADHATTER1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Awesome Job R* on creating golf.  I'm not a fan of real golf, but the game you guys have made is a ton of fun.  Just a couple thoughts for some add on stuff

• More holes possibly an 18 hole course
  • Driving range
  • putting practice
  • more challengers=higher rewards
  • When everybody quits and leaves you, have the option of leaving with rewards (to a point), could not be repeated a couple times with the same people to exploit
  • Match Play, or teams, shotgun (best ball out of a team)

Just ideas off the top of my head.  I bought that $205,000 condo just because it was located closest to the the golf course that was a nicer property

I really enjoy it, and hatts off to you

p.s bring hunting online

• Revoemag likes this

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Put a course on top of the buildings. That would be something to see...

• GodlessLiberal83, Tumade and MADHATTER1945 like this

Skysaw Jr
  • Skysaw Jr

Fool

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

I like a round every now and then. I wish you could walk around a little and interact while waiting for other players to take their turn. At least have a totally free camera.

• MADHATTER1945 likes this

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Good points Hatter, You should try the real deal tho as well!  - with a few buddies and a few brews it's fun as hell. Even if you're not good at it :)

MADHATTER1945
  • MADHATTER1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

OR simple things as ball color or club color.  Just stupid little things like that

lannydee
  • lannydee

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

I wish the "non violent" activities paid out and gave out WAYYY more RP.

I've never made it through an entire 9 hole game..but I only get like..300 rp for 6 holes. 

it's still pretty fun! I've only played with one other person though

Skysaw Jr
  • Skysaw Jr

Fool

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

I wish the "non violent" activities paid out and gave out WAYYY more RP.

I've never made it through an entire 9 hole game..but I only get like..300 rp for 6 holes. 

it's still pretty fun! I've only played with one other person though

I won in a 4-player game and it payed out some pretty good RP. Not necessarily a great return for the time invested, but at least it was something.

MADHATTER1945
  • MADHATTER1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by MADHATTER1945, 29 October 2013 - 10:55 PM.

I want to say its in between 2000, 3000, not bad for hitting a ball around haha

but don't quote me on that, I'd have to play another full game to see.  So far I'm 5 wins and 4 losses.  Ugh losing by 1 point hurts (but still fun)

MADHATTER1945
  • MADHATTER1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Another idea would be 

• Directional lines moving left or right when putting on the green to see the slopes

Judas0ne
  • Judas0ne

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:18 PM Edited by Judas0ne, 29 October 2013 - 11:18 PM.

I like the golf game as well and it can be some easy RP for no risk and little cost if you play solo.

Some great ideas listed here and they need to add hooking and slicing.

MADHATTER1945
  • MADHATTER1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Thanks

Not sure, but when you pull down to hit the ball can't you move the cursor to bottom left or right so when you hit the ball it will do that?  I have done it by accident twice 

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

I was a bit disappointed it wasn't set up the same as it is in Single Player. In Single Player you can actually use the golf cart to drive to your next shot or walk the course. It's much more enjoyable than it is online where it automatically jumps you to each shot. But overall they did do a great job with it. Definitely the best side game they've done as far as real world activities go. I do miss the bowling and the pool though. Too bad those were left out this time. They needed a little tweaking but they were still fun.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

You can draw and fade, or slice rather.

You pull down and when doing the up part on the stick, you can push it up at an angle and shank the ball, you can control it a bit with practice.

I really enjoy golf but I have played 9 holes several times and kind of know them pretty well. Best round is still 32.

Funny, on the social site top round is 12, lol. Hell if a round.

Erebosgaminghd
  • Erebosgaminghd

Gaming YouTuber

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

You can draw and fade, or slice rather.

You pull down and when doing the up part on the stick, you can push it up at an angle and shank the ball, you can control it a bit with practice.

I really enjoy golf but I have played 9 holes several times and kind of know them pretty well. Best round is still 32.

Funny, on the social site top round is 12, lol. Hell if a round.

I'll give you a game now if you like, Not very good mind.

PSN: rebornfury

Just put in the message it's for golf.  :lol:

Judas0ne
  • Judas0ne

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

@ 0mnicr0n -  a 12! No way. Thanks for the slice/hook tips. I'll have to try them out next time I'm online.

@ Garrison64 - I'm guessing that they don't let you drive around on the carts because of griefers that would take off and cause the game to go on way too long or never finish at all.

Skysaw Jr
  • Skysaw Jr

Fool

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

My best was five under. I usually end up around one under.

MADHATTER1945
  • MADHATTER1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

Don't mind me just randomly popping in with ideas, but just thought of another

• Ball cam would be pretty cool, when you hit it
  • A random bird/goose just on the course as a hazard
  • Weather effect other than perfect, or Oh my God that wind is strong and pouring buckets!!!

Again these are just ideas, and add on's to a great game R* made

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

For the upward stroke on the stick, you have to push it sideways right away, you only have that tiny spot at the bottom, not the whole upward part, if that makes any sense, lol.

Skysaw Jr
  • Skysaw Jr

Fool

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

One more thing that would make it better -- cut down the time on the shot clock! Please! Nobody needs that much time.

MADHATTER1945
  • MADHATTER1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

Somebody told me that I was taking a long time.  Turns out they were across the pond in England.  I was acting fast and did not take alot of time.  Just guessing that it takes a little to register.  Playing GTA with somebody from England-USA is pretty common i'm thinking

Skysaw Jr
  • Skysaw Jr

Fool

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

I had one guy run the clock down all the way to one second remaining. I think it starts at two minutes. 

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

I do not believe that R* created the golf engine, it's seems very familiar to me from many years back. Maybe an early TW but I cannot remember. Definitely played the same sim before though.

I'm not thrilled with the lobbies for golf, there is no actual host option and you seem to pop into lobbies just to be kicked way to often.

Also, I believe they changed how quitting out works. If  you are beating up on somebody and they quit it used to just just switch into a solo session and not count the round towards your overall record. I believe it does now count it as a victory if your partner quits? This opens up the game for serious grieffng if it is the case. Imagine you are beating up another player so they decide to exercise their full shot clock as well as max stroke limit per hole. Obviously you would quit thus giving them a victory for grieffing. Correct me if I'm wrong... 

World Champion
  • World Champion

Time Traveller from 2063

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

I love golf!!  Best round is 8 under.  Here are some suggestions:

• Open the pro shop, and allow us buy new clubs, balls, bags, buggies, gloves, pants etc.
  • Add the ability to play 18 holes.
  • One or two new courses would be very nice.
  • Mini golf game
  • Major tournaments, up to 16 players, with an entry fee, but a nice pay check for the winner/s.
  • Tie breaker for draws
  • RP loss for quitters.
  • Other golfers playing, the course feels empty online.  It would be nice to hear somebody yell out 'fore' and then golf ball goes flying past your head.

MADHATTER1945
  • MADHATTER1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

• Would also be great to have the cheater pool tied up to ball collectors in a driving range.  That would be a sweet kill

yakuza warlord
  • yakuza warlord

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

that feel when number 1 ranked on GTAF crew.

I love playing golf on GTA.  Crazy fun and I am always down for a game.

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

now if you could only do a deathmatch on the golf course. :lol:

pro_laps
  • pro_laps

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

My best score is 9 under so far, 7 birdies and one eagle

Would be great if there was another course or two in the game

Also once your strength is maxed out from all the golf, you take a lot less damage from falls, crashes and fire.  Which is handy.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

I think they made the golf game online the way they did (no free roam) to avoid griefing. They just made a generic golf game from all the one through the years but it's good and functional.

I've seen some crap to though. Such as the ball doing a weird jump into the air as if it hit a small object just on the rim of the cup. I think the physics could use a tweak, but that's cool.

Does your drive get longer as your strength goes up? Seems like my drives get longer every couple games.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Ain't nobody got time for golf!

World Champion
  • World Champion

Time Traveller from 2063

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:51 AM Edited by World Champion, 31 October 2013 - 04:52 AM.

I think they made the golf game online the way they did (no free roam) to avoid griefing. They just made a generic golf game from all the one through the years but it's good and functional.

I've seen some crap to though. Such as the ball doing a weird jump into the air as if it hit a small object just on the rim of the cup. I think the physics could use a tweak, but that's cool.

Does your drive get longer as your strength goes up? Seems like my drives get longer every couple games.

Yeah, got to admit I've had some hard beats, due to physics.  Like the ball hits a marker and bounces over the hole when putting.  

My drives seem to get longer as well, I am max strength.

Hole 7 is the worst.  The ball can easily bounce off course on your drive, and the green is on a nightmare of an angle.

Hole 3, I always seem to hit too far, or too short, very hard to read.

The rest of the holes I can birdie pretty easily.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users