Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you race?

43 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you race? (130 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you race?

1. I race with the fastest cars and ram whoever I want (15 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

2. I race with my favorite cars and ram whoever I want (4 votes [3.08%])

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

3. I race with the fastest cars and try not to ram anyone (32 votes [24.62%])

Percentage of vote: 24.62%

4. I race with my favorite cars and try not to ram anyone (58 votes [44.62%])

Percentage of vote: 44.62%

5. I mix it up and try all of the above from time to time (21 votes [16.15%])

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote
xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

The people who constantly ram others must figure out sooner or later that this is the exact reason that they never win any races.

The best way I have found to win is you get up with the front runners and trade slipstreams with them until the end of the race when you finally make your move.

The other pack leaders know this too as the last thing anyone seems to want to do is touch the other guy.

I have won multiple races because I slowed down near the end and passed at the oppurtune moment.

• DaCosta likes this

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

I race to win. Don't you?

Not on "Criminal Records" races, no.
I'm just glad like-minded people JOIN me for that race.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

These poll results surprise me. My experience racing is that about 75% of people enjoy the bumper cars BS. In the post race like/dislike voting I almost always see the people in dead last voting "like". WTF? I can only assume that they either like playing bumper cars, or don't realize that it doesn't/shouldn't be this way.

Yeah, I can guess what some of you are saying. But in a game like this, with so many possibilities, it sad that a few a-holes can force the whole game to clusterf*ck level. I feel everyone should be able to play the game how they want. If you want to play bumper cars, you have gta races. if you want clean racing you should get that in normal race mode. But no, f*cktards rule. If you want to kill everyone in freemode, have fun retard. But for those of us who don't our only option is to play invite only because "passive" mode is a complete joke.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

A couple of friends and I always host races with Catchup Off and Custom cars On. We do often, or at least we did, run mostly Super cars mostly because Winning with a Super will unlock all lower class mods. We are pretty much maxed out now with mods so now we just choose what we would like.

We race clean and let the channel know. If they do not have a mic and keep ramming, we kick them. It is easy enough for that person to go and find another race for their destruction derby or GTA Race.

If we get purposefully rammed or pitted more than once, we let others know and we will take them out. They will usually quit after that anyway.

If someone in the channel asks for an option like wanting a specific car we will change it to that to help them out.

primevil60
  • primevil60

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

I think rockstar should just add the capability of "ghost" races to eliminate ramming.  Just have it as a setting like traffic etc.  Or copy gran turismo's method that works pretty well to keep rubbing and bumping but eliminate rear end ramming

bmwdriver
  • bmwdriver

with oakley oil rig sunglasses

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

I try to race as clean as I can, but when some asshole tries to ram me off I go berserk

GreenBayGuru
  • GreenBayGuru

VTDS Leader & Founder

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

To win!

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:10 AM

To win!

Again, that answers why, not how...

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:38 AM

Got sick of going for it at the start only to be taken out straight away. Now at the start I hang back, and try and weave through the inevitable carnage. Hardly ever get first, but my average position is a lot better now. Only ever gone the wrong way once, on Down the Drain in a public lobby with two crewmates. In first place and going strong, only to be blatantly taken out the race on the bridge hairpin. Kid starts laughing at me, I notice that my two friends are second and third, so I backtrack on the last lap and take the f*cker out for them. Kid wasn't laughing any more, and kicked all three of us after the race, but damn, that DNF felt good.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:41 AM Edited by reform, 02 November 2013 - 03:41 AM.

Badly. That's how I race. Somehow I still sometimes win, so there are some very bad drivers out there.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

I race with the car the game throws at me because I only have bikes and rarely anyone do bike races.

And I always give people the benefit of doubt. If they ever ram me just once, I'll unleash hell on their poor souls.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

My opinion stands to have a fun and clean race. I try my hardest not to ram others, and I only race when I'm host so I can kick whoever races like that. I'll race in whatever I have handy. Any sort of clean competition gets my adrenaline pumping, especially running for the finish. 

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:20 AM

I play Grid 2 when I want to race seriously. In GTA I will play dirty since thats the way the game is meant to be played. 

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

Got sick of going for it at the start only to be taken out straight away. Now at the start I hang back, and try and weave through the inevitable carnage. Hardly ever get first, but my average position is a lot better now...

This is what I do now too. Its so satisfying to start a race without a boost only to hear people make fun of me for it and then when they all inevitably pile up, I just slip past for an easy finish. Usually finish top 3 racing this way. And the best part? Next race they're all doing the exact same thing and so I do the exact same thing. They'll never learn. Which is why I have little to no respect for players that ram on purpose. They usually aren't doing it to try to win, but instead to just be an ass. Well, keep being an ass guys, so I can slip on by time and time again.  :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users