Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you race?

43 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you race? (130 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you race?

1. I race with the fastest cars and ram whoever I want (15 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

2. I race with my favorite cars and ram whoever I want (4 votes [3.08%])

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

3. I race with the fastest cars and try not to ram anyone (32 votes [24.62%])

Percentage of vote: 24.62%

4. I race with my favorite cars and try not to ram anyone (58 votes [44.62%])

Percentage of vote: 44.62%

5. I mix it up and try all of the above from time to time (21 votes [16.15%])

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by MysticJon, 29 October 2013 - 08:54 PM.

Topic says it all. Personally, I just use my favorites and don't ram anyone if I can avoid it. I know its GTA and all, but my thinking is that this isn't Twisted Metal or Burnout, its a race. If I have to ram you off the road to get a win, I didn't really beat you, I just took you out of the equation altogether and might as well be "racing" alone. Of course if someone rams me first then all bets are off if I see that player again. I also don't use custom cars, as I feel it gives an unfair advantage against those without custom cars.

What's your thought on this?

Teckyy
  • Teckyy

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:50 PM Edited by Teckyy, 29 October 2013 - 08:51 PM.

I use my fav cars and try to avoid ramming. However if someone rams me then my race goes out the window and I go all out to make sure that person gets a DNF.

Oh this is only if they ram me to the point it totally messes me up. If its just a slight touch then I just carry on as normal

robinzwolle
  • robinzwolle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:51 PM Edited by robinzwolle, 29 October 2013 - 08:52 PM.

fastest car and I ram whoever I want. Burnout style ;D

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

I put it in reverse then check my mirrors

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by Vooodu, 29 October 2013 - 08:55 PM.

I personally hate it when custom cars are off.

If players cant afford custom cars then they should not be complaining. 

I leave race lobbies that have..

Catch up on... See ya later newbs.

Custom Cars off... f*ck that.

1 lap short tack..   Nothing but lame boosters.

Traffic in races with more then 8 players OR tight lanes..   No thanks.

For me, I use my cars.  They are not the fastest but the fastest doesn't always mean the best on certain tracks.  I never wipe players out on purpose.  But I have been getting really good an counter pit moves.

Anytime someone gets besides me and makes even the slightest jerk toward me il counter pit them right out OR flip them over.  IF I see someone pit players in front of me il wipe them out the moment I get close. 

I understand stuff happens..  But players who make aggressive moves to wipe other players go on my sh*t list.  I mute them so I can see the X on their name.  Its basically a tag for me to wipe them out ASAP.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

Gotta agree with most if this, as far as I'm concerned, if you respect me, I respect you.

Anyone interested in fair racing and low lap times, look here :)
http://socialclub.ro...w/apex_stalkers

inZombiac
  • inZombiac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

I just win.

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

I race with any car, and i only ram those that try or succeed in ramming me. If people want a clean race and everyone in the lobby abides by that rule, so do i. The last racing session i played we had one idiot who kept driving around the wrong way just because he got rammed in a pile up. He couldn't even manage that properly either. 

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

i race with my fastest car or the fastest one i could coose plus i also try not to ram or spin anyone out

voldo27
  • voldo27

Medieval Assassin

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

All I see when I join random races, is people ramming the whole time. Even if they're in the 5th or 7th position, they'll ram, even if they spin out of control too, it's stupid. 

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

I ram who I want. I don't give a f*ck about "good sportsmanship", I'm here to win and annoy people.

zippyhybrid
  • zippyhybrid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

Still figuring out my style of racing in terms of speed/handling balance, but I always prefer cleaner races if I can find them. I mostly prefer sports, muscle, motorcycles, and off road class and have a few cars in each that I am slowly working toward unlocking all the modifications.

In reality, however, I don't win that much because I usually join random races and there's usually one person with a fully modded car that is good and smokes everyone, meanwhile the people not in first place are busy ramming into one another, including me :/

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:50 AM Edited by brooklyn718, 30 October 2013 - 03:53 AM.

I cant take destruction derby racers. Funny, a guy joined another player and myself last night while we were doing criminal records. We were lvl 56 and he was lvl 116. On "go" the first thing he did was swerve into me, gain speed on the other player and pit him. I thought ok, ill let that go, as he ran his laps and i listened to him laugh. 2nd race, he did it again. Ok, now im a bit aggravated. 3rd race i hit the brakes as we pulled out got behind him and pitted him, and i let the other player win. By the 6 race it was hilarious hearing him scream and cuss in his mic, calling me a cheater etc. Moral of the story, dont do sh*t you cant handle yourself. Griefers whom cant handle being griefed are the worst!!

FYI: He was a HORRIBLE driver in his fancy chrome adder!! Smdh

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:53 AM

All I see when I join random races, is people ramming the whole time. Even if they're in the 5th or 7th position, they'll ram, even if they spin out of control too, it's stupid. 

I see the same. Its annoying and sad, but also very funny.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

I race to win. Don't you?

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:08 AM

To be fair, that answers why you race, not how.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

To be fair, that answers why you race, not how.

I do what it takes to win. Even If that means I have to ram, pit, or whatever... I do it.

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

I try hold my pace and ride streams really, if someone is on my stream i pull back for like half a second and let them pass (unless its near the end of the race or if i know i can hold onto my lead) and ride their stream right after to take the lead back. Had to many occurrences where i thought i could ride out someone stealing my lead and he ends up spinning me out.

I also am quite fond of letting everyone else crash and knock each other around while i just punch it and steal the lead.

If im way back i just kick back and go for rp lol

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

Well, I normally get rammed by some douche, then another and another and another until they've all finished racing and I'm last.

f*ck me I'm good.

N99999NAmillion
  • N99999NAmillion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

I like racing a voltic to beat the fully custom super cars people have. People call me all sorts of names for pit maneuvers and different tricks. Fact is their car is faster and they lost. Winning is winning no matter what.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

There are still people who race clean. I find them every night and always have a good time. Of course there are dirty racers but if you turn into the person that shoots first or rams first so it doesn't happen to you then you have lost something... Just a terrible mindset. I couldn't imagine enjoying the game at all if this is how I felt.

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

racing with custom cars off...ewwwwww that defies the whole point of even upgrading a car. I upgrade my car so that its fast...when is the most important time to be fast...RACING

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

My first priority is winning, second is having a clean race.

I will not intentionally ram into you, but if we're taking a turn at the same time and you don't give me my space, I won't go out of my way NOT to hit you.

Dave_TE
  • Dave_TE

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Custom vehicles: Off

Catch-up: Off

The rest doesn't matter.

I use the car that I like overall and ram whoever I want whenever I feel like doing so. If I want to race clean I launch Gran Turismo 5.

Marcus-F1
  • Marcus-F1

Benefactor collector

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

I like to race with the Schafter and the Bati 801RR. All that supercar crap I never liked, not in GTAO, not even in NFS. I like to race clean and if you want tot ram, try a GTA race, not a normal one...

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

I don't ram people. But if they ram me first, I'll make sure that they have a hard time finishing the race. If I'm host, I'll kick those who ram. 

• R.R and Marcus-F1 like this

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

I race using my favourite cards for the class (which are usually amongst the fastest) and try not to be too aggressive, unless someone gets aggressive with me in which case anything goes.

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

I don't intentionally ram people, but I will if provoked.

If actually had people slow down to AVOID ramming into me, which I thought was pretty funny :D

Funny enough where I actually would slow down and give this guy a chance at passing me.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

I don't ram people. But if they ram me first, I'll make sure that they have a hard time finishing the race. If I'm host, I'll kick those who ram. 

+1.

Although tbh, if I get rammed by someone, I more just make sure I finish in front of them.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

I chose "I race with my favourite cars and try not to ram anyone" but need to add a disclaimer!

It's true that I do choose my customised Elegy RH8 to race, despite it not being the best racing car but it's the ramming part that I should clarify... I used to ram, because it was lots of fun (for me) until I read the common opinion on the forum that races should be about classic style racing and I understood that. So now I don't ram...mostly. I start every race with the intention of not ramming but I have to say, if I'm racing to the finish line, side by side with another competitor, it's very tempting. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users