Quantcast

Jump to content

» «
Photo

RDR vs TLOU vs GTA V

103 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one wins (275 member(s) have cast votes)

RDR VS TLOU VS GTA V

  1. GTA V (153 votes [55.84%])

    Percentage of vote: 55.84%

  2. Red Dead Redemption (97 votes [35.40%])

    Percentage of vote: 35.40%

  3. The Last of Us (24 votes [8.76%])

    Percentage of vote: 8.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

    Prankster

  • Members
  • Joined: 15 Sep 2013

#91

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

 

 

 

TLOU > RDR = GTA V.

You might want to check your math, you say TLOU is superior, but this section of your post indicates that RDR/GTAV is superior to TLOU (Which is actually true, everyone in my school was bored to sh*t from just watching TLOU).

 

< Bigger than

> Smaller than

 

Do you honestly expect kids to like TLOU? The Last of Us isn't made for ADHD kids. It has a story and will tell it. Even RDR is slow pace and lots of people hate on it for that. 

 

Both The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption bought something new to gaming that we haven't seen before or in a while. While GTA V has been the same since GTA III. You can try to deny it but its been the same formula for some time. 

 

RDR and TLOU didn't brought anything new to gaming... at least  V has brought the dynamic 3 character change system... now tell me what did TLOU or RDR brought new to gaming?

 

I'm sorry, but when taking your name into account *RockstarFanboy GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier* I just cant take you seriously. everything you say is null and void along with that other blind R* dick rider StarVisitor, which is probably your other account. 


IronsteffL
  • IronsteffL

    Player Hater

  • Members
  • Joined: 09 May 2008

#92

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

 

RDR and TLOU didn't brought anything new to gaming... at least  V has brought the dynamic 3 character change system... now tell me what did TLOU or RDR brought new to gaming?

 

I don't get what you are trying to do here. You give 3 games as alternatives, but you don't seem to be able to accept other peoples opinion. It's like "Yea, go on and vote, but GTA V is the best anyway". In my opinion - and I've been playing games for WELL over 20 years as well - RDR is better and I'd even say that it's the better game artistically. Let me take a bold guess: You don't like the later Assassin's Creed series, because the gameplay doesn't change much? Completely ignoring the brilliant design and production values of different epochs in the process? Red Dead Redemption is a similiar case. If you are just going for gameplay and innovation, sure, GTA V is the better game, it's a no brainer indeed. But if we are talking about story, believability and emotional impact, I just don't get why there is actually a discussion. I play games not to fight boredom, but to feel something. And RDR made me feel a whole lot more than GTA V did, if we aren't talking about glee and schadenfreude.

 

Still I know that there are other people with different opinions. You can discuss about your opinions, yes, but just because GTA V hast the slightly better metascore and more stuff to do doesn't make it the better game, at least not from an universal, objective standpoint. And if you are actually playing games for as long as you say, I can't believe that I actually have to tell you this.


RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

    GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

  • Members
  • Joined: 12 Oct 2013
  • None

#93

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

 

 

RDR and TLOU didn't brought anything new to gaming... at least  V has brought the dynamic 3 character change system... now tell me what did TLOU or RDR brought new to gaming?

 

I don't get what you are trying to do here. You give 3 games as alternatives, but you don't seem to be able to accept other peoples opinion. It's like "Yea, go on and vote, but GTA V is the best anyway". In my opinion - and I've been playing games for WELL over 20 years as well - RDR is better and I'd even say that it's the better game artistically. Let me take a bold guess: You don't like the later Assassin's Creed series, because the gameplay doesn't change much? Completely ignoring the brilliant design and production values of different epochs in the process? Red Dead Redemption is a similiar case. If you are just going for gameplay and innovation, sure, GTA V is the better game, it's a no brainer indeed. But if we are talking about story, believability and emotional impact, I just don't get why there is actually a discussion. I play games not to fight boredom, but to feel something. And RDR made me feel a whole lot more than GTA V did, if we aren't talking about glee and schadenfreude.

 

Still I know that there are other people with different opinions. You can discuss about your opinions, yes, but just because GTA V hast the slightly better metascore and more stuff to do doesn't make it the better game, at least not from an universal, objective standpoint. And if you are actually playing games for as long as you say, I can't believe that I actually have to tell you this.

 

I accept other peoples opinion as in hating a game or loving a game... but saying V didn't brought nothing new to gaming while RDR and TLOU did, is the most stupid thing I've seen arround here... and I actually love the assassins creed series and 3 is my favorite so far due to all the activities the game has (and the gameplay actually changed quiet a bit compared to previous ones)

 

 

 

 

 

TLOU > RDR = GTA V.

You might want to check your math, you say TLOU is superior, but this section of your post indicates that RDR/GTAV is superior to TLOU (Which is actually true, everyone in my school was bored to sh*t from just watching TLOU).

 

< Bigger than

> Smaller than

 

Do you honestly expect kids to like TLOU? The Last of Us isn't made for ADHD kids. It has a story and will tell it. Even RDR is slow pace and lots of people hate on it for that. 

 

Both The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption bought something new to gaming that we haven't seen before or in a while. While GTA V has been the same since GTA III. You can try to deny it but its been the same formula for some time. 

 

RDR and TLOU didn't brought anything new to gaming... at least  V has brought the dynamic 3 character change system... now tell me what did TLOU or RDR brought new to gaming?

 

I'm sorry, but when taking your name into account *RockstarFanboy GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier* I just cant take you seriously. everything you say is null and void along with that other blind R* dick rider StarVisitor, which is probably your other account. 

 

I think you already said that once but as I responded the first time

 

I facepalm everytime someone says that... 

 

I'm not star visitor I just put the "GTA 2º fanboy" stuff because I actually found his replys funny so I created this acc... and the name is just to piss people off, there's a lot of people in this forum who hold grudge to GTA V lovers....


IronsteffL
  • IronsteffL

    Player Hater

  • Members
  • Joined: 09 May 2008

#94

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:14 PM Edited by IronsteffL, 02 November 2013 - 02:16 PM.

 

 

 

RDR and TLOU didn't brought anything new to gaming... at least  V has brought the dynamic 3 character change system... now tell me what did TLOU or RDR brought new to gaming?

 

I don't get what you are trying to do here. You give 3 games as alternatives, but you don't seem to be able to accept other peoples opinion. It's like "Yea, go on and vote, but GTA V is the best anyway". In my opinion - and I've been playing games for WELL over 20 years as well - RDR is better and I'd even say that it's the better game artistically. Let me take a bold guess: You don't like the later Assassin's Creed series, because the gameplay doesn't change much? Completely ignoring the brilliant design and production values of different epochs in the process? Red Dead Redemption is a similiar case. If you are just going for gameplay and innovation, sure, GTA V is the better game, it's a no brainer indeed. But if we are talking about story, believability and emotional impact, I just don't get why there is actually a discussion. I play games not to fight boredom, but to feel something. And RDR made me feel a whole lot more than GTA V did, if we aren't talking about glee and schadenfreude.

 

Still I know that there are other people with different opinions. You can discuss about your opinions, yes, but just because GTA V hast the slightly better metascore and more stuff to do doesn't make it the better game, at least not from an universal, objective standpoint. And if you are actually playing games for as long as you say, I can't believe that I actually have to tell you this.

 

I accept other peoples opinion as in hating a game or loving a game... but saying V didn't brought nothing new to gaming while RDR and TLOU did, is the most stupid thing I've seen arround here... and I actually love the assassins creed series and 3 is my favorite so far due to all the activities the game has (and the gameplay actually changed quiet a bit compared to previous ones)

 

Aaaah, now I understand, thank you. I didn't read every post, I just didn't understand why you seemed to bash RDR and TLOU in favor of GTA V after opening a poll yourself. I wouldn't want to miss GTA V and I already spent almost more time on its singleplayer mode than in GTA IV and RDR combined, I think it's a great successor and the culmination of everything the series has done right in the past.

 

But even though the stories get lots of attention with strong scripts and terrific actors, I still think that RDRs story is something else. In combination with the fluid gameplay and side activities in a huge, believable world, a game like that is actually unheard of. Considering the emotional impact, RDR wipes the floor with every Open World game I have played in the last decade, simply by managing to tell an exciting, gripping story in an open world. Something even Bethesda couldn't manage yet, though I hope CD Projekt Red will with The Witcher III. And thats why I deem RDR superior to GTA V. Not because there's more to do (which there isn't) or because there are more innovations (which there aren't), better graphics (naah) or something like that. No, just because it was the first, and imo only game, that managed to fully immerse myself in it's open world story without undermining the flow of following the most important chapter of the life of a man desperately searching for redemption. Just thinking about "Far Away" or "Compass" pushes every thought about the Big Score out of my head, and don't make me think about "The last enemy that shall be destroyed"...


RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

    GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

  • Members
  • Joined: 12 Oct 2013
  • None

#95

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

 

 

 

 

RDR and TLOU didn't brought anything new to gaming... at least  V has brought the dynamic 3 character change system... now tell me what did TLOU or RDR brought new to gaming?

 

I don't get what you are trying to do here. You give 3 games as alternatives, but you don't seem to be able to accept other peoples opinion. It's like "Yea, go on and vote, but GTA V is the best anyway". In my opinion - and I've been playing games for WELL over 20 years as well - RDR is better and I'd even say that it's the better game artistically. Let me take a bold guess: You don't like the later Assassin's Creed series, because the gameplay doesn't change much? Completely ignoring the brilliant design and production values of different epochs in the process? Red Dead Redemption is a similiar case. If you are just going for gameplay and innovation, sure, GTA V is the better game, it's a no brainer indeed. But if we are talking about story, believability and emotional impact, I just don't get why there is actually a discussion. I play games not to fight boredom, but to feel something. And RDR made me feel a whole lot more than GTA V did, if we aren't talking about glee and schadenfreude.

 

Still I know that there are other people with different opinions. You can discuss about your opinions, yes, but just because GTA V hast the slightly better metascore and more stuff to do doesn't make it the better game, at least not from an universal, objective standpoint. And if you are actually playing games for as long as you say, I can't believe that I actually have to tell you this.

 

I accept other peoples opinion as in hating a game or loving a game... but saying V didn't brought nothing new to gaming while RDR and TLOU did, is the most stupid thing I've seen arround here... and I actually love the assassins creed series and 3 is my favorite so far due to all the activities the game has (and the gameplay actually changed quiet a bit compared to previous ones)

 

Aaaah, now I understand, thank you. I didn't read every post, I just didn't understand why you seemed to bash RDR and TLOU in favor of GTA V after opening a poll yourself. I wouldn't want to miss GTA V and I already spent almost more time on its singleplayer mode than in GTA IV and RDR combined, I think it's a great successor and the culmination of everything the series has done right in the past.

 

But even though the stories get lots of attention with strong scripts and terrific actors, I still think that RDRs story is something else. In combination with the fluid gameplay and side activities in a huge, believable world, a game like that is actually unheard of. Considering the emotional impact, RDR wipes the floor with every Open World game I have played in the last decade, simply by managing to tell an exciting, gripping story in an open world. Something even Bethesda couldn't manage yet, though I hope CD Projekt Red will with The Witcher III. And thats why I deem RDR superior to GTA V. Not because there's more to do (which there isn't) or because there are more innovations (which there aren't), better graphics (naah) or something like that. No, just because it was the first, and imo only game, that managed to fully immerse myself in it's open world story without undermining the flow of following the most important chapter of the life of a man desperately searching for redemption. Just thinking about "Far Away" or "Compass" pushes every thought about the Big Score out of my head, and don't make me think about "The last enemy that shall be destroyed"...

 

Agree,  GTA V is one of my favorite games of all time but RDR is not far behind...rockstar managed to achieve what they wanted with RDR, it's a great game with a unique atmosphere and a story that affected me more than V, that's for sure. I just prefer V for the fact that it kept me occupied for much more time but in no way I want to bash RDR, they are both great games which I enjyoed playing  :lol:

  • DeafMetal likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

    JB

  • Members
  • Joined: 13 Apr 2008
  • None

#96

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

RDR is a phenomenal game. Few games even come close. RDR has the best story of any game. 

 

V as an overall game wins, though. There's more to do after the story is done. In RDR all you can really do is ride around, random events, and hunt, which only gives you meaningless money. Its fun for awhile, but doesn't hold my attention for long, like V can.


redx165
  • redx165

    Making the GTA fanboys dance

  • BUSTED!
  • Joined: 05 Jul 2012
  • None

#97

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by redx165, 02 November 2013 - 06:35 PM.

 

 

 

TLOU > RDR = GTA V.

You might want to check your math, you say TLOU is superior, but this section of your post indicates that RDR/GTAV is superior to TLOU (Which is actually true, everyone in my school was bored to sh*t from just watching TLOU).

 

< Bigger than

> Smaller than

 

 

Both The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption bought something new to gaming that we haven't seen before or in a while.

 

 

Not saying you're wrong redx, but it genuinely surprises me when people make such big and bold claims, but don't actually elaborate on what they're saying. RDR isn't really anything "new" to me. Ever played a game called GUN? That's an open world western that predates RDR by some 4 years. I love RDR, but I don't think it really brought anything new to the genre except exceptional detail and an authentic dying west.

 

TLOU is in a similar boat. Post apocalyptic/survival horrors aren't a new thing to gaming. It basically plays like an Uncharted game. What gameplay elements make it "new"? A great/engaging story alone doesn't cut it IMO.

 

I just think when people make claims like that they should back themselves up otherwise why say it? I agree that generally GTA V follows the same GTA formula, but considering TLOU is a new I.P and RDR is still apart of a relatively young franchise neither are particularly revolutionary. Neither have had an impact on their genre like games such as GTA III, Doom etc did back in their day.

 

Both are great games, but you need to be more honest instead of blindly saying they both brought something new without any further explanation. Perhaps because you don't genuinely believe they do is my assumption..

 

You also got to understand the games back then had a bigger impact cause its the first ever attempt at them. While RDR ( Which I consider a new Rockstar IP ) and TLOU was something I haven't seen this gen. Just cause a game plays the same as another game doesn't make it bad. Rockstar been doing that with EVERY game this gen. Still surprises me how they can't get the aiming right. 

 

The Last of Us: Proves that you can have great gameplay mixed with a great story. The game feels alive and the characters feel real unlike puppets from other games. 

 

Red Dead Redemption: Something we haven't seen this gen with any games. Rockstar first attempt at a real countryside and animals. It mixes up a great story with a great open world game although the open world could have been a bit better it was enough for people to call it a masterpiece. 

 

Grand Theft Auto V: A game mostly focus for online which will die one day. Hackers and next gen will help destroy it and that's after Rockstar destroys it. What does 3 character change system really bring to the gameplay outside of the story? You can't switch when your wanted cause of a restriction from Rockstar. Also helped ruin the story. Plus all three protagonists are forgettable besides Trevor cause how poor they developed them. Franklin is a whining bitch, Michael is a boring dad, and Trevor is just too crazy at times which causes many to hate him.   

 

@ Rockstarfanboy 

Why do we believe you and the other guy are the same? Well I never see you guys post in the same topic at the same time before. You got the same GTA # Fanboy/ Rockstar solider and also both got a female as a avatar. You guys also seem to talk the same way. Also what is up with most of your topics you make either defending GTA which makes it worst or starting another game vs game war. 

 


RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

    GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

  • Members
  • Joined: 12 Oct 2013
  • None

#98

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

 

 

 

 

TLOU > RDR = GTA V.

You might want to check your math, you say TLOU is superior, but this section of your post indicates that RDR/GTAV is superior to TLOU (Which is actually true, everyone in my school was bored to sh*t from just watching TLOU).

 

< Bigger than

> Smaller than

 

 

Both The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption bought something new to gaming that we haven't seen before or in a while.

 

 

Not saying you're wrong redx, but it genuinely surprises me when people make such big and bold claims, but don't actually elaborate on what they're saying. RDR isn't really anything "new" to me. Ever played a game called GUN? That's an open world western that predates RDR by some 4 years. I love RDR, but I don't think it really brought anything new to the genre except exceptional detail and an authentic dying west.

 

TLOU is in a similar boat. Post apocalyptic/survival horrors aren't a new thing to gaming. It basically plays like an Uncharted game. What gameplay elements make it "new"? A great/engaging story alone doesn't cut it IMO.

 

I just think when people make claims like that they should back themselves up otherwise why say it? I agree that generally GTA V follows the same GTA formula, but considering TLOU is a new I.P and RDR is still apart of a relatively young franchise neither are particularly revolutionary. Neither have had an impact on their genre like games such as GTA III, Doom etc did back in their day.

 

Both are great games, but you need to be more honest instead of blindly saying they both brought something new without any further explanation. Perhaps because you don't genuinely believe they do is my assumption..

 

You also got to understand the games back then had a bigger impact cause its the first ever attempt at them. While RDR ( Which I consider a new Rockstar IP ) and TLOU was something I haven't seen this gen. Just cause a game plays the same as another game doesn't make it bad. Rockstar been doing that with EVERY game this gen. Still surprises me how they can't get the aiming right. 

 

The Last of Us: Proves that you can have great gameplay mixed with a great story. The game feels alive and the characters feel real unlike puppets from other games. 

 

Red Dead Redemption: Something we haven't seen this gen with any games. Rockstar first attempt at a real countryside and animals. It mixes up a great story with a great open world game although the open world could have been a bit better it was enough for people to call it a masterpiece. 

 

Grand Theft Auto V: A game mostly focus for online which will die one day. Hackers and next gen will help destroy it and that's after Rockstar destroys it. What does 3 character change system really bring to the gameplay outside of the story? You can't switch when your wanted cause of a restriction from Rockstar. Also helped ruin the story. Plus all three protagonists are forgettable besides Trevor cause how poor they developed them. Franklin is a whining bitch, Michael is a boring dad, and Trevor is just too crazy at times which causes many to hate him.   

 

@ Rockstarfanboy 

Why do we believe you and the other guy are the same? Well I never see you guys post in the same topic at the same time before. You got the same GTA # Fanboy/ Rockstar solider and also both got a female as a avatar. You guys also seem to talk the same way. Also what is up with most of your topics you make either defending GTA which makes it worst or starting another game vs game war. 

 

 

I don't talk like him... He defended the game by mentioning the sales... I just found it funny so I created a "clone" account to defend the game... but I defend the game not for being a fanboy or for liking starvisitor, I defend it because it deserves to be defended

 

And a game focused on online which will die? 3 protags didn't bring nothing? Story is ruined? redx I sometimes think you never even touched the game... 


TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

    Sly Fox

  • Facade Corporation
  • Joined: 08 Feb 2012
  • United-States

#99

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by whatsstrength, 02 November 2013 - 08:58 PM.

 

 

TLOU > RDR = GTA V.

You might want to check your math, you say TLOU is superior, but this section of your post indicates that RDR/GTAV is superior to TLOU (Which is actually true, everyone in my school was bored to sh*t from just watching TLOU).

 

< Bigger than

> Smaller than

 

Both The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption bought something new to gaming 

What a joke. It had a decent story and fine-tuned Uncharted elements with degree of stealth mixed in. You think that's enough to be considered bringing something new to the industry? There is no originality about the The Last of Us, it's another linear third-person action game.

 

You really want to call this one of the best games of all time? Once you beat the story there's no reason to go back aside from collectibles. After that it sits on a shelf for a few years until you get bored and decide to play through it again.


FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

    32nd President of Los Santos

  • BUSTED!
  • Joined: 02 Aug 2013

#100

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

TLOU brings NOTHING new to gaming. It's another cliche zombie/apocalypse linear story game with a decent multiplayer like Uncharted, and IMO, uncharted's story are better. The quality of the game is good though,


GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

    I'm a little scared of being a slut.

  • BUSTED!
  • Joined: 26 Aug 2013

#101

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

If V had all the sh*t that was used in multiplayer like ATM robberies, the ability to take masks on and off on the fly, safe houses, etc. Then for sure. R* f*cked up by doing that. Thinking about kinda pisses me off as I can't play online. It'll be my only grudge against the game. RDR was simply amazing, but maybe after a week after beating it, I stopped playing it. Not sure why. Maybe it was the slow transportation or the lack of the over the top features I adore GTA for. The ending of the story really got to me. It was extremely moving and sad. But then again, maybe it's because I had to play as his geeky ass son. I loved the Undead DLC because it brought really cool sh*t to it like the holy water, that one guy that blows the zombies up, the five horses, etc.
TL;DR
GTA V for insanity, free roam, actions packed game play, and the three protagonists with their special abilities
RDR for roleplaying, soaking in the amazing environment, moving and emotional and scenery.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

    The Harwood Butcher

  • Moderator
  • Joined: 14 Oct 2007
  • Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

#102

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

 

 

 

 

TLOU > RDR = GTA V.

You might want to check your math, you say TLOU is superior, but this section of your post indicates that RDR/GTAV is superior to TLOU (Which is actually true, everyone in my school was bored to sh*t from just watching TLOU).

 

< Bigger than

> Smaller than

 

 

Both The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption bought something new to gaming that we haven't seen before or in a while.

 

 

Not saying you're wrong redx, but it genuinely surprises me when people make such big and bold claims, but don't actually elaborate on what they're saying. RDR isn't really anything "new" to me. Ever played a game called GUN? That's an open world western that predates RDR by some 4 years. I love RDR, but I don't think it really brought anything new to the genre except exceptional detail and an authentic dying west.

 

TLOU is in a similar boat. Post apocalyptic/survival horrors aren't a new thing to gaming. It basically plays like an Uncharted game. What gameplay elements make it "new"? A great/engaging story alone doesn't cut it IMO.

 

I just think when people make claims like that they should back themselves up otherwise why say it? I agree that generally GTA V follows the same GTA formula, but considering TLOU is a new I.P and RDR is still apart of a relatively young franchise neither are particularly revolutionary. Neither have had an impact on their genre like games such as GTA III, Doom etc did back in their day.

 

Both are great games, but you need to be more honest instead of blindly saying they both brought something new without any further explanation. Perhaps because you don't genuinely believe they do is my assumption..

 

You also got to understand the games back then had a bigger impact cause its the first ever attempt at them. While RDR ( Which I consider a new Rockstar IP ) and TLOU was something I haven't seen this gen. Just cause a game plays the same as another game doesn't make it bad. Rockstar been doing that with EVERY game this gen. Still surprises me how they can't get the aiming right. 

 

The Last of Us: Proves that you can have great gameplay mixed with a great story. The game feels alive and the characters feel real unlike puppets from other games. 

 

Red Dead Redemption: Something we haven't seen this gen with any games. Rockstar first attempt at a real countryside and animals. It mixes up a great story with a great open world game although the open world could have been a bit better it was enough for people to call it a masterpiece. 

 

Grand Theft Auto V: A game mostly focus for online which will die one day. Hackers and next gen will help destroy it and that's after Rockstar destroys it. What does 3 character change system really bring to the gameplay outside of the story? You can't switch when your wanted cause of a restriction from Rockstar. Also helped ruin the story. Plus all three protagonists are forgettable besides Trevor cause how poor they developed them. Franklin is a whining bitch, Michael is a boring dad, and Trevor is just too crazy at times which causes many to hate him.   

 

@ Rockstarfanboy 

Why do we believe you and the other guy are the same? Well I never see you guys post in the same topic at the same time before. You got the same GTA # Fanboy/ Rockstar solider and also both got a female as a avatar. You guys also seem to talk the same way. Also what is up with most of your topics you make either defending GTA which makes it worst or starting another game vs game war. 

 

 

 

You still haven't the answered the question. TLOU having a great story and gameplay doesn't really make it anything "new". Besides it's entirely subjective. Some people make think its story and gameplay are great while others may not. Unless you can come up with something objective and completely undebatable you don't have a whole lot to stand on. You haven't mentioned any gameplay element in particular. At least with GTA V people have mentioned the switching mechanic which is different to the majority of open world games on the market. That is fact not an opinion.

 

As for RDR dude I already mentioned GUN. It came out in 2005. Sure it was pretty arcadish, but I wouldn't be surprised if R* San Diego took a good look at this game for inspiration with creating RDR. Once again I love RDR, but I don't consider it anything new.

 

Anyway I know you love both of these games and that's fine. I love them too, but as far as I'm concerned they didn't really bring a lot that was new. Moreso old ideas given a fresh look.

 

EDIT: This whole Rockstarfanboy/StarVisitor debate is stupid. Since I'm a mod it only takes a few seconds to see if a person has made more than one account and they're not  the same person.

  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY likes this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

    GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

  • Members
  • Joined: 12 Oct 2013
  • None

#103

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

EDIT: This whole Rockstarfanboy/StarVisitor debate is stupid. Since I'm a mod it only takes a few seconds to see if a person has made more than one account and they're not  the same person.

 

Thanks for clarifying that 


Trevor69
  • Trevor69

    Player Hater

  • Members
  • Joined: 01 Nov 2013

#104

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

GTA V. I played RDR and it was fun, the story was far better than GTA V, but I like the world Rockstar built in GTA V better. I haven't played the last of us yet but I'm planning to sometime soon




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users