Quantcast

» «
Photo

RDR vs TLOU vs GTA V

103 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one wins (275 member(s) have cast votes)

RDR VS TLOU VS GTA V

1. GTA V (153 votes [55.84%])

Percentage of vote: 55.84%

2. Red Dead Redemption (97 votes [35.40%])

Percentage of vote: 35.40%

3. The Last of Us (24 votes [8.76%])

Percentage of vote: 8.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote
KiiNGKiiLL
  • KiiNGKiiLL

Semper Fatalis Leader

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

This is too easy, as I've never played Red Dead. 

The Last of Us gets my vote hands down. The story, gameplay, and everything else for that matter dominates GTA V by a land slide. It's one of the best games I've ever played or will ever play until next gen. 

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

The Last of Us is the best game that i have ever played, and i have been playing for 20 years now. 

all these 180 hours roaming in RDR and GTAV have been awesome though

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

you make the question in the website of grand theft auto just grand theft auto is winning for that is the people that is in the website of grand theft auto just majority of the people is not playing ever red dead redemption for that people is select the game grand theft auto 5 for possible reason that this people is computer game people just they do not playing red dead redemption just this people is wanting grand theft auto 5 in the computer for the game is how red dead redemption

woot...

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

RDR; best story; and best genre :) I love westerns...

GTA V is a second place; but not even close to RDR

erbalist
  • erbalist

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

I loved JC2 at the time but honestly GTAV has made me appreciate just what an achievement that game was, yeah the story was meh but in terms of fun gameplay and the feeling of being able to do absolutely anything you can think of it was a masterpiece.

I think now GTAV and Batman AO are out we are ready for the best game of this generation conversation and I thnk JC2 deserves to be in that debate, for my money it is the most underated gaming experience of this generation. I've platinumed most of the big games (not including FPS's) and i would ay that JC2 was the most fun possibly with Borderlands. Fallout 3 would get my vote as the best game of this gerneration just in terms of the impact it made on me when it came out, would you put GTAV as the best?

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

No games with voice have amazing stories, they're all just endless, lazy movie ripoffs with nothing of their own to say. TLOU is incredibly boring, average story, sub par acting and the gameplay is just uncharted with an ammo limit. If it was a movie you'd get laughed out of the building for suggesting it had a great story or acting.

The same goes for most GTA games, though at least they have the sense to mock the things they're slavishly plagiarising.

So yeah, vote TLOU if you love sh*t movies and uncharted.

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

No games with voice have amazing stories, they're all just endless, lazy movie ripoffs with nothing of their own to say. TLOU is incredibly boring, average story, sub par acting and the gameplay is just uncharted with an ammo limit. If it was a movie you'd get laughed out of the building for suggesting it had a great story or acting.

The same goes for most GTA games, though at least they have the sense to mock the things they're slavishly plagiarising.

So yeah, vote TLOU if you love sh*t movies and uncharted.

lol /\

i love how according to some people every game has to be a stupid Minecraft clone or a repetitive mess like GTA and his clones.

subpar acting in TLOU? rofl

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

I've only played about 2 hours of TLOU at a friends house. It was pretty good but RDR and GTA V are on a different level

Both get 10's from me, RDR's story and atmosphere are better though with GTA V's fun and MP being the better of the two. I'd say RDR just pips GTA V.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

I don't recall RDR or TLOU allowing me to switch to Trevor only to be greeted by him flushing a human foot down his toilet?

So for that reason alone i'm voting GTAV, but you have definitely missed some great games off this list. JC2 as a comparison to the freedom and fun of GTAV and Fallout 3 and Skyrim as RPG reps.

If your talking hours played then my top is Borderlands 1 or 2 but i wouldn't nessicarily call either of them the best game i've ever played

Because Trevor was in neither RDR or the TLOU. I don't recall being able to tie someone to a train track on GTA V. Jesus man, think with your brain and take your GTA tinted specs off. 

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:59 PM Edited by Huffin-Puffin, 01 November 2013 - 02:02 PM.

lol /\

i love how according to some people every game has to be a stupid Minecraft clone or a repetitive mess like GTA and his clones.

No argument then? It's an intensely linear game with no innovations in gameplay. It adds a wrote, played out story and some above average acting (for a game). It's subpar acting when compared to any linear, non interactive entertainment medium.

I didn't say that every game needs to be like Minecraft of GTA (those two games are nothing like each other anyway). There's plenty of room for linear games which focus on other things besides emergence and creativity, but TLOU just focuses on being a movie in between being yet another uncharted game. Zombies and post apocalypse are an incredibly dull choice as well.

Edit: missed that you called GTA repetitive. The open world game where you make your own fun is repetitive but TLOU isn't? You play a gruff man in third person fighting zombies in a ruined future, the whole thing is just a repeat of other stuff. The actual gameplay is genuinely the same thing again and again. You're an idiot.

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:11 PM Edited by j.hunt, 01 November 2013 - 02:15 PM.

lol /\

No argument then? It's an intensely linear game with no innovations in gameplay. It adds a wrote, played out story and some above average acting (for a game). It's subpar acting when compared to any linear, non interactive entertainment medium.

I didn't say that every game needs to be like Minecraft of GTA (those two games are nothing like each other anyway). There's plenty of room for linear games which focus on other things besides emergence and creativity, but TLOU just focuses on being a movie in between being yet another uncharted game. Zombies and post apocalypse are an incredibly dull choice as well.

you dont like zombies, you don't like apocalypse tales, you don't like Uncharted mechanics and thats ok.

but saying that TLOU is bad because "tries to be a movie" or "plays like Uncharted"  sounds stupid to me just because the game is a f*cking story focused game and uses some mechanics from Uncharted who are incidentally a lot better than anything that Rockstar has pulled ever.

you should really play the game by yourself and stop repeating what a few trolls are saying in the youtube gameplay videos.

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

I bought it full price on the day it came out and nailed the campaign in three sittings, my opinions on TLOU are very much my own.

The Uncharted mechanics are better than anything Rockstar has done with GTA, because stand behind a wall and shoot men games are different to sandbox games. Max Payne 3 is a better third person shooter than Uncharted though. The mechanics aren't well suited to a stealth game, though they're fine if you've got a decent set of cutscenes and want some gameplay to slot in between.

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

I bought it full price on the day it came out and nailed the campaign in three sittings, my opinions on TLOU are very much my own.

The Uncharted mechanics are better than anything Rockstar has done with GTA, because stand behind a wall and shoot men games are different to sandbox games. Max Payne 3 is a better third person shooter than Uncharted though. The mechanics aren't well suited to a stealth game, though they're fine if you've got a decent set of cutscenes and want some gameplay to slot in between.

you don't like the game and you are part of a very small minory, period.  

Glumok
  • Glumok

7 years on GTAForums... Nom d'une pute !

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

In my opinion it's pointless comparing these.

This.

What is the best ?

- GTA V

- Mc Donald's

- Game of Thrones

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

you don't like the game and you are part of a very small minory, period.  

My opinion is just as valid if people don't agree with me en mass. If people agreeing with you that something is good is what's most important, I guess you think that Call of Duty is the best game made most years?

You're also kind of selective in your painting of me as in the minority. If you include the millions of people who have never heard of or played the game, us people who don't give a f*ck about it are very much the majority.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

RDR  :cool: 

casper13
  • casper13

Cas

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Pointless to even bring The Last Of Us here, cause it's a GTA forum and Rockstar's games will always get more votes. ;)

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Pointless to even bring The Last Of Us here, cause it's a GTA forum and Rockstar's games will always get more votes. ;)

true but I actually have seen a lot of people praising TLOU in here :)

Omar Little
  • Omar Little

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

TLOU > RDR = GTA V.

TLOU is all about the amazing story and atmosphere.. like, say, Silent Hill 2. A Masterpiece.

Whereas RDR and GTA V are very fun to play with good stories, a lot more playable but still TLOU is my favorite.

The trio got something in common, though: bad multiplayer.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

I must say the time in TLOU that you play as Ellie was almost unreal. It is the best use of stealth I have ever seen in a game. It was so tense and very much had you on the edge of your seat as you tried to take them out before they caught you. That game in general has the best stealth I have ever experienced. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:19 AM

GTA V.

TLOU was a great game, but I've only finished it once. It's not really a game I can myself playing over and over again. RDR is tougher competition, but on my most recent playthrough I found myself getting bored with the West Elizabeth part. Also hunting, doing ambient challenges, playing card games etc can only be fun for so long before it becomes a drag IMO.

Despite its shortcomings GTA V wins out of the three. It doesn't really have a strong narrative like the other two, but it allows for so much more in terms of variety. I've already got more of it.

So as far as I'm concerned it's GTA V>RDR>TLOU.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

The Last of Us

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:46 AM Edited by Bonnano, 02 November 2013 - 04:46 AM.

TLOU > RDR = GTA V.

You might want to check your math, you say TLOU is superior, but this section of your post indicates that RDR/GTAV is superior to TLOU (Which is actually true, everyone in my school was bored to sh*t from just watching TLOU).

< Bigger than

> Smaller than

TJK319
  • TJK319

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

red dead

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

Candyland, now that's a game.

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

Try to be Brown.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

Rdr. Does what it wants to better than 5 and Tlou was so bad I could hardly start it let alone finish it.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

RDR is the only one of those that isn't overrated. GTA V was extremely overhyped, but it's still a solid 9 for me.

As for The Last of Us, it continues to amaze me how people are seeing this linear third person action game as something "revolutionary". People treat the story like it's the best thing ever, and yet it's nothing new. I would have liked to see how people would have reacted if they read a novel like On the Beach and then played the game. These "game of the generation" and "game of the year" claims are ridiculous. If this wasn't developed by Naughty Dog no one would give a sh*t.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

TLOU > RDR = GTA V.

You might want to check your math, you say TLOU is superior, but this section of your post indicates that RDR/GTAV is superior to TLOU (Which is actually true, everyone in my school was bored to sh*t from just watching TLOU).

< Bigger than

> Smaller than

Do you honestly expect kids to like TLOU? The Last of Us isn't made for ADHD kids. It has a story and will tell it. Even RDR is slow pace and lots of people hate on it for that. 

Both The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption bought something new to gaming that we haven't seen before or in a while. While GTA V has been the same since GTA III. You can try to deny it but its been the same formula for some time. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

TLOU > RDR = GTA V.

< Bigger than

> Smaller than

Both The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption bought something new to gaming that we haven't seen before or in a while.

Not saying you're wrong redx, but it genuinely surprises me when people make such big and bold claims, but don't actually elaborate on what they're saying. RDR isn't really anything "new" to me. Ever played a game called GUN? That's an open world western that predates RDR by some 4 years. I love RDR, but I don't think it really brought anything new to the genre except exceptional detail and an authentic dying west.

TLOU is in a similar boat. Post apocalyptic/survival horrors aren't a new thing to gaming. It basically plays like an Uncharted game. What gameplay elements make it "new"? A great/engaging story alone doesn't cut it IMO.

I just think when people make claims like that they should back themselves up otherwise why say it? I agree that generally GTA V follows the same GTA formula, but considering TLOU is a new I.P and RDR is still apart of a relatively young franchise neither are particularly revolutionary. Neither have had an impact on their genre like games such as GTA III, Doom etc did back in their day.

Both are great games, but you need to be more honest instead of blindly saying they both brought something new without any further explanation. Perhaps because you don't genuinely believe they do is my assumption..

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

TLOU > RDR = GTA V.

< Bigger than

> Smaller than

Do you honestly expect kids to like TLOU? The Last of Us isn't made for ADHD kids. It has a story and will tell it. Even RDR is slow pace and lots of people hate on it for that. 

Both The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption bought something new to gaming that we haven't seen before or in a while. While GTA V has been the same since GTA III. You can try to deny it but its been the same formula for some time. 

RDR and TLOU didn't brought anything new to gaming... at least  V has brought the dynamic 3 character change system... now tell me what did TLOU or RDR brought new to gaming?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users