Quantcast

» «
Photo

RDR vs TLOU vs GTA V

103 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one wins (275 member(s) have cast votes)

RDR VS TLOU VS GTA V

1. GTA V (153 votes [55.84%])

Percentage of vote: 55.84%

2. Red Dead Redemption (97 votes [35.40%])

Percentage of vote: 35.40%

3. The Last of Us (24 votes [8.76%])

Percentage of vote: 8.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

The Red Dead Auto of Us. 

Coming soon, never. 

• DeafMetal likes this

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

RockstarFanboy, on 30 Oct 2013 - 5:45 PM, said:

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken, on 30 Oct 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Street Mix, on 30 Oct 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:Street Mix, on 30 Oct 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

GTA V. It's a non-brainer. Despite all flaws and weaknesses it may have, it's still miles ahead of that boredom crap RDR.

RDR. It's a no brainer. Despite all the flaws and weaknesses it may have, it's still miles ahead of that boredom crap GTA V.

Boredom crap that kept millions of players glued to the screen... give me a break

Star visitor? is that you?

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

RDR has some nice gameplay mechanics, which obviously were used to influence gta V, but overall I do find that RDR is a tiny bit overrated and gets boring. Last of us is an amazing story driven masterpiece. One of the best games I have played. However, it starts to wear out and get boring after a while. GTAV is obviously the best of all three. The map is fun, the gameplay is incredible, the amount of things you can do is fantastic. For me, GTA V is an never ending experience, until the next gta of course. I always find ways to have fun in gta v. It does not get old, at least for me. GTAV is not perfect by any means. It has major flaws, but of the three games you listed, V takes the trophy.

theiceman13
  • theiceman13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

All 3 of them are completely different...its like comparing a football game to a call of duty game, ffs use your brain, half wit...even wonder this country is going to the sewers with thickos asking stupid questions.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

I stopped playing GTA V altogether, never gave TLOU a shot so hands down Red Dead Redemption. I never enjoyed a game more than that game.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:27 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 31 October 2013 - 03:27 PM.

All 3 of them are completely different...its like comparing a football game to a call of duty game, ffs use your brain, half wit...even wonder this country is going to the sewers with thickos asking stupid questions.

Are you being a dick on purpose? have you even read what he wrote?

You just seem angry... probably cause you don't like the poll results... don't see another reason to be such a dick

steve bambar
  • steve bambar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

i didn’t like gta v but why the fu*k people keep mentioning   the overrated linear TLOU 

• QuietSundayLibrary likes this

erbalist
  • erbalist

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

I don't recall RDR or TLOU allowing me to switch to Trevor only to be greeted by him flushing a human foot down his toilet?

So for that reason alone i'm voting GTAV, but you have definitely missed some great games off this list. JC2 as a comparison to the freedom and fun of GTAV and Fallout 3 and Skyrim as RPG reps.

If your talking hours played then my top is Borderlands 1 or 2 but i wouldn't nessicarily call either of them the best game i've ever played

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Street Mix, on 30 Oct 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

GTA V. It's a non-brainer. Despite all flaws and weaknesses it may have, it's still miles ahead of that boredom crap RDR.

RDR. It's a no brainer. Despite all the flaws and weaknesses it may have, it's still miles ahead of that boredom crap GTA V.

Opinions, opinions everywhere!

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

RockstarFanboy, on 30 Oct 2013 - 5:45 PM, said:

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken, on 30 Oct 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Street Mix, on 30 Oct 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:Street Mix, on 30 Oct 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Boredom crap that kept millions of players glued to the screen... give me a break

Star visitor? is that you?

nop not starvisitor...just me stating the facts 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

Is there an option for tie? If you want a list of the top three games of this past generation that is it for me. 

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

I don't recall RDR or TLOU allowing me to switch to Trevor only to be greeted by him flushing a human foot down his toilet?

So for that reason alone i'm voting GTAV, but you have definitely missed some great games off this list. JC2 as a comparison to the freedom and fun of GTAV and Fallout 3 and Skyrim as RPG reps.

If your talking hours played then my top is Borderlands 1 or 2 but i wouldn't nessicarily call either of them the best game i've ever played

I tried to focus on more recent games, and tbh JC2 wasn't that great IMO... it probably has the biggest map in the open world games history but mostly was copy pasted and the story didn't really impress me :/

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

RDR has some nice gameplay mechanics, which obviously were used to influence gta V, but overall I do find that RDR is a tiny bit overrated and gets boring. Last of us is an amazing story driven masterpiece. One of the best games I have played. However, it starts to wear out and get boring after a while. GTAV is obviously the best of all three. The map is fun, the gameplay is incredible, the amount of things you can do is fantastic. For me, GTA V is an never ending experience, until the next gta of course. I always find ways to have fun in gta v. It does not get old, at least for me. GTAV is not perfect by any means. It has major flaws, but of the three games you listed, V takes the trophy.

Firstly, RDR had much better wildlife, it felt more vibrant and real. RDR had better storyline. RDR actually had much more things to do on the side too, and it's a horse-riding, Western game largely set in the wilderness RDR had better random events and side missions, you could buy property and enter them too. I had a lot more fun free roaming in RDR than GTA V anyday. 

• mariana_dm1989 likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

While I preferred the story length of RDR, the overall gameplay in V is better and more fun. RDR is still an incredible game though, and I'll still be giving it a few more play-throughs when I stop having so much fun with V.

As for TLOU? I gave that game around 4/5 hours before getting completely bored of it and selling it on Ebay.

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

I am a huge fan of all Rockstar games but I never was a fan of RDR. I just don't like the wild west theme at all.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

I am a huge fan of all Rockstar games but I never was a fan of RDR. I just don't like the wild west theme at all.

I am not normally a fan of westerns but RDR is that good that I still loved it. I like how they set it right around the time when things were about to change in a big way.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I never thought I'd like RDR before playing it, as I wasn't really into the whole Wild West thing either. But with it being a R* game, along with all the praise it was getting, I decided to give it a bash. 

Right away I was taken aback by how incredibly beautiful everything was. The setting and score was one of the most immersive experiences I've ever encountered during my 20 years of gaming. And the voice acting was absolutely sublime. It was definitely worthy of all the praise it recieved.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

I'd say RDR is the only game I enjoyed from R* from deep within my heart.

Sure I liked other games from them like Bully, GTA series, but Red Dead Redemption takes the cake.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

The only game from R I outright disliked was La Noir and maybe State of Emergency but that is going way back.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 31 October 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Firstly, RDR had much better wildlife, it felt more vibrant and real. RDR had better storyline. RDR actually had much more things to do on the side too, and it's a horse-riding, Western game largely set in the wilderness RDR had better random events and side missions, you could buy property and enter them too. I had a lot more fun free roaming in RDR than GTA V anyday. 

buy propery in RDR? we must have played diffrent games because the only thing I remember that you could buy in RDR are rooms and small cabins where you could sleep and change your costume not actual properties... and tbh RDR hadn't that much side activities... even IV had more...

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

RDR did have property but to it was very limited. This is not to say V shouldn't have had safehouses but there is plenty of other stuff to buy.

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

I like TLoU, but the artificial intelligence seemed really braindead at times. It's a great game, but for me RDR and GTAV both stand a significant level above it. I have a hard time picking between those two though. I love both games.

• Grand Theft Savage likes this

Nick Testbranch
  • Nick Testbranch

Offending Mimes Everywhere.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

It's debatable, but I think Red Dead Redemption may in fact be the greatest video game I've ever played. I absolutely enjoyed the gameplay, the story, the music, about everything was really fun. Grand Theft Auto V, I have to hand it to them as well for making an amazing experience, but it has some flaws. For one, I think that we're being shorted on the single player version. It's not that Online is terrible, but it's even more heavily flawed. For me, the winner is Red Dead Redemption, but Grand Theft Auto V does come pretty close.

• Lock N' Stock likes this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

I like TLoU, but the artificial intelligence seemed really braindead at times. It's a great game, but for me RDR and GTAV both stand a significant level above it. I have a hard time picking between those two though. I love both games.

This. TLoU is in it's own category... GTA V and RDR are on another level.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

It's debatable, but I think Red Dead Redemption may in fact be the greatest video game I've ever played. I absolutely enjoyed the gameplay, the story, the music, about everything was really fun. Grand Theft Auto V, I have to hand it to them as well for making an amazing experience, but it has some flaws. For one, I think that we're being shorted on the single player version. It's not that Online is terrible, but it's even more heavily flawed. For me, the winner is Red Dead Redemption, but Grand Theft Auto V does come pretty close.

Agreed 100%. :^:

While I don't know if I can say it's the all-time best game I've played, it came close.

Nick Testbranch
  • Nick Testbranch

Offending Mimes Everywhere.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

While I don't know if I can say it's the all-time best game I've played, it came close.

I only call it the best game I've played mainly because I'm not much of a gamer like I used to be, so I end up playing way less games than most. I do love video games, but I'm not very active in playing most of them. The Rockstar titles are an exception.

What would you say is the best game you've ever played?

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:41 AM Edited by Bonnano, 01 November 2013 - 01:42 AM.

I only call it the best game I've played mainly because I'm not much of a gamer like I used to be, so I end up playing way less games than most. I do love video games, but I'm not very active in playing most of them. The Rockstar titles are an exception.

I'd say Half Life 2, but RDR is pretty close, actually, RDR can beat it by a tiny bit because it contains a massive, non-linear free-roam, but it's on par with the perfection of details.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

It's hard to say actually. RDR does come close along with a few Bethesda titles (because of their exploration value). It's a few too many for me to decide.

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:38 AM Edited by Gix4kix, 01 November 2013 - 02:40 AM.

I absolutely loved RDR, even more than gta 5. You really got your monies worth from that game.

GranThefTito
  • GranThefTito

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

you make the question in the website of grand theft auto just grand theft auto is winning for that is the people that is in the website of grand theft auto just majority of the people is not playing ever red dead redemption for that people is select the game grand theft auto 5 for possible reason that this people is computer game people just they do not playing red dead redemption just this people is wanting grand theft auto 5 in the computer for the game is how red dead redemption

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users