Quantcast

» «
Photo

RDR vs TLOU vs GTA V

103 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one wins (275 member(s) have cast votes)

RDR VS TLOU VS GTA V

1. GTA V (153 votes [55.84%])

Percentage of vote: 55.84%

2. Red Dead Redemption (97 votes [35.40%])

Percentage of vote: 35.40%

3. The Last of Us (24 votes [8.76%])

Percentage of vote: 8.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote
RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:53 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 29 October 2013 - 07:58 PM.

I mean enough of those V vs IV comparaison or even V vs older GTA's... it's time to bring something new to the table... and this new is these 2 games... RDR, many people consider it the best game Rockstar ever released with its insane storyline... and than we have TLOU, which tbh doesn't need much words, good gameplay with an original and emotional story

And of course the last one, GTA V... so in my comparaison both RDR and TLOU are exceptional in the "story" section, RDR has fun gameplay and really good activities but the story is where the game shines, the same goes for TLOU although the gameplay is generic, on the other hand the storyline blows your mind... of course GTA V has a great storyline too (some may disagree but this GTA has the best storyline of all GTA's IMO)

So what do you think, TLOU (Generic yet fun gameplay, realistic atmosphere and a storyline that will make you cry), GTA V (Good storyline, insanely huge map with a lot of variation and exploration, and the best feature of the game, an addicting free roam/gameplay that will keep you entertained for hundreds of hours) or RDR (amazing story with a great map and atmosphere and a free roam that is fun and will keep you entertained) 

For me V wins... RDR and TLOU's story might have affected me more but the amount of hours I played the game and the number of epic moments I had with this game just makes this choice a bit too easy

I would put other games on the pool but these are the ones that seem to be favored by most of the people in here (IV is also pretty favored in here but I tried to keep the pool out of the "comparing other GTA's" zone)

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

RDR and it's not even close.

RonaGui
  • RonaGui

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

I respect your opnion,but GTA V had one of the most weak story of the series, GTA III and GTA IV had the bests stories of all GTAs, but my vote obviously goes to V.
  • theGTAking101 and Bonnano like this

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Skyrim.

mitchskaterr
  • mitchskaterr

Gamer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

My little pony: Extreme MMORPG.

• Bondergomme likes this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

RDR for story, GTA V for the sandbox though.  Havent played TLOU

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'd say RDR

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Red dead redemption

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 29 October 2013 - 09:59 PM.

For a western game, I can barely think of anything in RDR that was done wrong aside from the crap hand-to-hand system. Everything just felt so well put together.

• Startug likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

If only I had a ps3 so my vote would be properly weighted

Ash'R9k.
  • Ash'R9k.

Baguettes N' Berets

• Members
  • France

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by Ash'R9k., 29 October 2013 - 10:13 PM.

I'm really wondering why everyone keeps comparing V's multi to IV's, since the last online experience R* provided was RDR, online modes, PvP, PvE, all that stuff was in RDR, the only thing to come back to IV for is cars... but still, people wanna compare GTAs with GTAs.

Back to the poll I voted RDR, by far the one I've enjoyed the most & had the best moments with, MP & SP.

Enchilada
  • Enchilada

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

voted RDR. R* creativity is done after gtav. you've been great R*, will miss you

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

the funnest game of the generation vs the best story of the generation vs a mix of both. they're still easily three of the best games of the last decade, but I'm going with the funnest, gta v.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

RDR was a borefest, it had beautiful visuals and a good online but the map and riding a horse was boring, I was really hoping we could drive that car the government kept appearing in.

• QuietSundayLibrary likes this

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

RDR was fine but GTA V is insane.. I've passed the 100 hour mark weeks ago... and I qualify a game by how much time I've spend on it... TLOU was fine but the game only got so much positivity due to the story... the gameplay was pretty meh :/

DubYaBush
  • DubYaBush

GTAo - BHoD

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Story wise, yes, Red Dead.

But I am a true GTA fane, sense GTA3.

And, GTA Online is nothing like another GTA. SO, im going to say GTA. :)

KiiWiiDeee
  • KiiWiiDeee

Liberty City's finest.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:08 AM Edited by KiiWiiDeee, 30 October 2013 - 11:11 AM.

I went Red Dead simply for the story and the dense wilderness. Rockstar really pulled off the immersive Wild West theme with the breath-taking environment, and the story was so moving. The ending was absolutely brilliant. Now that the hype has settled for V, I think it's safe to say that I prefer V, but RDR was better if that makes any sense... Basically, I love V for modern-day sh*t (cars, the awesome freeways etc.) but RDR was more well made and fit the theme perfectly. 

I have to say, I think Rockstar know that RDR is their masterpiece.  

I just can't choose between the two. I love RDR and V equally! 

I'm a true GTA fan and I love V more than anything, but RDR was an awesome change in genre for me to play, plus, it's basically GTA with horses. Story wise, RDR. Universe wise, V.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

GTA V. It's a non-brainer. Despite all flaws and weaknesses it may have, it's still miles ahead of that boredom crap RDR.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Street Mix, on 30 Oct 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

GTA V. It's a non-brainer. Despite all flaws and weaknesses it may have, it's still miles ahead of that boredom crap RDR.

RDR. It's a no brainer. Despite all the flaws and weaknesses it may have, it's still miles ahead of that boredom crap GTA V.

• shadyslady likes this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Oh how funny. Haha......Except my post is objective truth and yours is failed attempt to strike back.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

he said  lets bring something new to the table yet he compares V To Rdr which i have seen I Think 5 times before if not more  :dozing: and i always see people comparing v to the tlou aswell so its hardly a unique/Groundbreaking Comparison either.   but it goes like this  IMO 

1.Red Dead = 9/10 

2.V = 8/10 

3.The last of us = 4/10 - i found it so Horribly Boring.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

I don't want to vote, because all 3 games are brilliant in it's own way and I love all 3 of them.

So NO vote from me.

• Rock Howard likes this

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Why on earth is GTA V actually leading this? Yeah, maybe just others' opinions. But to me, RDR is an experience that has just not been replicated in other games.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

In my opinion it's pointless comparing these.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

GTA is a step above all 3. It's on another level.

• Street Mix likes this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Street Mix, on 30 Oct 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

RDR. It's a no brainer. Despite all the flaws and weaknesses it may have, it's still miles ahead of that boredom crap GTA V.

Boredom crap that kept millions of players glued to the screen... give me a break

he said  lets bring something new to the table yet he compares V To Rdr which i have seen I Think 5 times before if not more  :dozing: and i always see people comparing v to the tlou aswell so its hardly a unique/Groundbreaking Comparison either.   but it goes like this  IMO 

1.Red Dead = 9/10 

2.V = 8/10 

3.The last of us = 4/10 - i found it so Horribly Boring.

I was more talking about a poll edition of these games... I know a lot of people compare those three but I decided to make an actual poll about it...

Why on earth is GTA V actually leading this? Yeah, maybe just others' opinions. But to me, RDR is an experience that has just not been replicated in other games.

Because a lot of people actually like the game and consider it the best GTA... just because this forum has a lot of negativity doesn't mean every place is like this... actually this is the only place with this kind of hate...

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

Key word is: FOR YOU.

RDR is just a blunt mix of Gun and Call of Juarez BiB. Yeah, never replicated, of course.......

• RockstarFanboy likes this

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

RDR is just a blunt mix of Gun and Call of Juarez BiB. Yeah, never replicated, of course.......

The only reason gta is ahead is because this is GTA forums. Ofcourse gta will win in any poll. And it deserves to win most polls. But this no no no!

Any true gamer know rdr is the superior game!

And rockstarfannybot im talking about gameplay, story, content, everything thing to do with the in game experience; not the f*cking sales

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:49 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 30 October 2013 - 07:52 PM.

The only reason gta is ahead is because this is GTA forums. Ofcourse gta will win in any poll. And it deserves to win most polls. But this no no no!

Any true gamer know rdr is the superior game!

And rockstarfannybot im talking about gameplay, story, content, everything thing to do with the in game experience; not the f*cking sales

don't come with the lame "this is the gtaforums" excuse... its actually suprising V is winning since V recieves a bunch of hate in this forum... and "Any true gamer know rdr is the superior game!"? I've been playing games since the age of 4 and I prefer V a million times compared to RDR since I spent 5x more time on V and had way more fun although RDR story affected me more... And nobody talked about the sales, people prefering V over RDR has nothing to do with the sales...

a lot of people like V more... get over it

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

I enjoyed all three games listed, but if I could only keep one of them, it would be RDR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users