Photo

CIVILIAN BOUNTIES: Quite literally the WORST issue in GTA:O

86 replies to this topic
NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:48 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 29 October 2013 - 11:49 PM.

My solution for avoiding civilian bounties is to run over the person you just stole the car from. (Make sure they are dead)

It works 9 out of 10 times for me.

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

My solution for avoiding civilian bounties is to run over the person you just stole the car from. (Make sure they are dead)

It works 9 out of 10 times for me.

Still happens from beyond the grave

Haunted cars

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

civilian bounties = easy farming ;)

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

omg ...

why did they even put guns in the game ? clearly the true gta fans dont like violence or car theft ...

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

While I understand they can be annoying, lately I've been trying to get bounties on me to draw people in for a fight.  Climb up on a building and fight off everyone for as long as you can.  There is a large building which has a campus look in the front that is great for his; its near the LSC that everyone goes to.  Leave either side of the custom shop and head south; there is a large area of grass between the two roadways.  The building overlooks this on one side.  There is a ladder behind the palm tree close to the police station.  Good luck.

Edit:  I know these are not the best directions lol.  Wish I could provide a picture or something.

Edit 2:  The building in the background is the one I was referencing:
BevHillsCopGTA.png

While I'm not one for randomly killing people in free roam, I just might try this. Just to see how long I can make it before someone gets me.
Considering the crack shots 95% of the population appear to be with the sniper rifle, probably minutes.

Not so bad myself sir ;)

Universal-Shot
  • Universal-Shot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

I enjoy them, but really.... its 1 death. I dont see a problem unless your car is destroyed, and thats not a problem. 

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:35 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 30 October 2013 - 12:35 AM.

Another fun way to wait out bounties is to travel to LS Airport and get a buzzard. Then fly to the top of a skyscraper. Preferably the Maze Bank Tower. I had 2 people come in heli's to try and get me but RPG'ed them haha.

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

i agree it's a stupid feature in a game called grand theft auto but whatever

all bounties i have ever had on me came from NPCs

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

Civilian bounties are the best. Easy money. I especially love when i get like a big 7k one then proceed to go to invite only session and then im free for 45 minutes to steal whatever car i please and go on a non stop liquor store robbery spree, finally steal the most expensive non premium car i can find and sell it. Boom... Bounty survived+store robberies+Stolen car sold = 20k. Not too shabby profit and kills the time pretty well.

BigSean715
  • BigSean715

The deaf hear me and the blind lookin'.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

"You f*cked with the wrong person!"

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

The problem is that, otherwise, there's never any bounties. I think that it could afford to be reduced in how often it is to just when car-jacking someone for a car worth 50K+ (with the likelihood of getting chased increasing based on value), but once I got a 9K bounty for hijacking some crappy car like a minivan or something.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:19 AM Edited by Kromix, 30 October 2013 - 01:24 AM.

The bounty system in free roam is one of the few things free roam has going for it, i love it when someone bounties me - guaranteed action instead of the whole 'hmmm i could do one of the few jobs there is, but im not sure if i want to spend 15 minutes on connecting and loading, and spend another 15 minutes getting back to a decent free roam session' ... 

edit : biggest problem with bounties imo is that players often are cowards and just leaves the session, when they find out that they cant escape me ... The fun arrives when someone mans up, and in these cases its usually fun for all parties involved ... 

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

u can do whatever u want !!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

Yup, annoying as f*ck.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

President Donald Trump's First Extrajudicial Killing Target

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:37 AM

I love civilian bounties. Adds some fun.

jc20
  • jc20

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:58 PM Edited by jc20, 30 October 2013 - 01:01 PM.

While I understand they can be annoying, lately I've been trying to get bounties on me to draw people in for a fight.  Climb up on a building and fight off everyone for as long as you can.  There is a large building which has a campus look in the front that is great for his; its near the LSC that everyone goes to.  Leave either side of the custom shop and head south; there is a large area of grass between the two roadways.  The building overlooks this on one side.  There is a ladder behind the palm tree close to the police station.  Good luck.

Edit:  I know these are not the best directions lol.  Wish I could provide a picture or something.

Edit 2:  The building in the background is the one I was referencing:

BevHillsCopGTA.png

i go to many LSC....which one is the one that everyone goes to?? I use the two in the south west of the map the most

It's the west most LSC I believe, in the city; not the two that are on the East side of Los Santos.

While I'm not one for randomly killing people in free roam, I just might try this. Just to see how long I can make it before someone gets me.

Considering the crack shots 95% of the population appear to be with the sniper rifle, probably minutes.

Eventually people figure out the sniper rifle is the best option, but there are several levels and places to move too on that building.  There are also several HVAC units on the roof for cover.  I've found that when a bounty is on the line, people tend to speed up in their cars and jump out looking for a quick kill.

The spot is even better if you have a crew member help hold it down.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

OP has a point. It's called Grand Theft Auto.
not Pay The Taxes.

Unjust
  • Unjust

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

I thought the worst issue in GTAO had to do with cloud servers and lost saves.

I sure was wrong!

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

President Donald Trump's First Extrajudicial Killing Target

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

And there are no consequences in real life for stealing somebody's car.

The bounties rock. Fin.

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Anyone notice only women NPC'S you carjack will get you a bounty? Maybe because the men try and beat you up while the women run away screaming like girls.. A jerry can can fix there running and screaming.

Unjust
  • Unjust

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

I had a 7k bounty on me put by a NPC, chased by 5 guys. Loose control, end up in the water where the submarine is located. I plant a sticky bomb incase someone tries to jack it. No one follows me into the water, they still at the pier. After like two mins, I get to the surface and immediately blow up. Someone had been waiting to shoot the sticky bomb, and did it. THAT'S why I like NPC bounties.

geckits4301
  • geckits4301

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

My only issue regarding the topic is it seams as if R* contradicts itself.  They have the NPCs put bounties on players which encourages violence towards that player.  That's fine, but R* has also made a point to punish people by labeling them "bad sport" for killing someone by blowing their car up.

Point is, if I see that red dot coming towards me on the screen and I happen to be standing there with the rocket launcher readily available...... You're dead and your car is as well.  I'm awarded and punished at the same time.

Either way, I'm not going to complain about it because it's a game.....  But it does seem to give mixed signals on what's acceptable.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Bounties are about the only things which makes freeroam interesting besides screwing around with mates.

The best part is when multiple people go for 1 bounty and start killing each other in order to get there first, only for the conflict to continue to escalate into WW3 with tanks and buzzards

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:20 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 30 October 2013 - 02:21 PM.

I'll take a 7-9kbounty on my head from a civvie any day. Invite only sesh, messing around for 48 minutes and it's yours!

why do people Always act like this is a good way of making money?

you can make 10 times that in the same amount of time EASY by racing or doing missions

quit hiding like a little bitch and just take it like a man

primevil60
  • primevil60

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

I like the civilian bounties.  I like the fact that rockstar is trying to make every action have actual consequences that you have to plan and deal with.  I don't like being spoiled in a game like this but hey to each their own.  The more bounties the better IMO the best moment i've had in the game was a 20 minute bounty chase where three guys were hunting me down.  INTENSE

SkyMiteFall
  • SkyMiteFall

You a Busta

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:00 PM Edited by SkyMiteFall, 30 October 2013 - 03:02 PM.

I agree it's stupid and here's why:

Bad sport system. Simple as that.

If you got a semi-decent player who has a bounty on them, chances are, unless they die quickly, they'll get into a car and run. Chances are it's their car. See where I'm going?
Twice now I've been warned I'm being a "bad sport" because i accidentally blew up the car trying to shoot out tires. Idk if i hit the gas tank or the cars really damaged, but it just happens outta nowhere.

That's literally my only problem with this game. Like you already have to pay the insurance, isn't that good enough?
I guess it's because you got these "trolls" who just sit and blow up your car but it's gta and to be expected.

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

I smoked with Johnny Hopkins

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

Love how people just say dumb sh*t and call him a whiner or bitch when he made valid points. Those are the type of people that don't know how to socialize. Smh.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i likely hate you already

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

worst? here i am purposely stealing car after car looking for some action

• KingPancakes likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users