Griefing in GTA Online

41 replies to this topic
Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

I'm open to suggestions on how it can be improved. Obviously the point is to educate players who would like to grief more effectively. Griefing is a perfectly legitimate strategy online.

This is a pretty effective one, and yet another way to abuse the Bad Sport system: If you see someone in a tank, immediately get your personal vehicle and ram into them full speed, detonating and giving them a Bad Sport warning and insurance cost. Repeat this process at least five times, trying to ensure that the person receives their dunce cap.

And what if the tank is their personal vehicle?

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

Prick

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

You're not trying to destroy it so it should be alright :p I guess hold off if it looks like it's smoking heavily lol.

daurkin
  • daurkin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

You can add being killed while trying to deposit your money via the phone just as you finish mission/race/dm.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

not really, dumb ass.

and people saying you will lose your character, maybe if I had just started it, but, it's been saved millions of times. i'm not worried.

it's fa**ots like you that I destroy in every single server, that's why my K:d ration is almost 3-1, it's called TANK SPAWN TRAPPING. 

Suit yourself. 

Just one last warning: If it worked 1000 times, that is not a guarantee it will work one more time. 

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

You can add being killed while trying to deposit your money via the phone just as you finish mission/race/dm.

That's not griefing because it's intended, you can avoid that by not entering free roam with the other people (cancel at the vote screen instead of voting to join a session with them). Also, it wouldn't be griefing anyways because it doesn't actually cause you any grief, since you don't drop the money you made.

Clearly the people who do it are hoping you'll drop your cash, but you don't.

Mechanic X
  • Mechanic X

Omnipotent

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Attach someone's personal vehicle to a carbobob and either keep it in the air for as long as possible, drop it into the ocean, or deploy it onto the top of a building. Also, I enjoy killing other players when they leave Los Santos Customs and steal their ride (if unlocked, of course), then I take it into an alleyway and smash the life out of it with a baseball bat.

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

people still use the bank? rofl

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

Just want to throw a few ideas for griefing players in GTA Online without getting punished. Basically, a way to circumvent the system while making people rage more than ever.

I'll start it off with a few suggestions, you guys can leave yours or feel free to comment/rage here.

• Shotgun the other players personal vehicle until it is on fire, then leave the session before it explodes and the other guy pays insurance while you get no bad sport record.
  • Use the passive mode invincibility glitch where you can shoot others but they cannot attack you at all.
  • Glitch LSC until you have millions, call all the contacts on newer players until they leave in a fit of rage.
  • Glitch a tank into your garage and insure it. Let people blow it up, it will cost them $18,500 in insurance fees and they get labelled a moron and thrown into bad sport for playing legit.
  • Sticky bomb Simeons garage when someone resprays the High Priority vehicle, when you see them arrive at the destination on the map, click-BOOM! Enjoy the insults that will be screamed over the microphone.
  • Shoot your Chrome Adder with a shotgun until it just about on fire. Start chasing new players around. As soon as they shoot you a few times your car will explode, taking most of their in-game money and labelling them a moron with a dunce cap.

Any more great ideas?

I've got a great idea... Get a real life.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

• Constantly send Mercenaries/Muggers at the same person while you're watching TV at your safehouse Lmfao!
  • Use the cargobob to pickup people's vehicles and throw them into the sea!
  • Fail missions on purpose

Good ol youtube.

BRASCH
  • BRASCH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

the bad sport system caused this.  please get rid of the bad sport system.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

You're not trying to destroy it so it should be alright :p I guess hold off if it looks like it's smoking heavily lol.

Well I'm just saying having tanks wreak havoc is one thing, but having them be personal insured vehicles that give you bad sport for destroying is just too much. I mean yeah I can leave the session but still.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users