» «
Photo

Griefing in GTA Online

41 replies to this topic
SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by SKaREO, 29 October 2013 - 06:23 PM.

Just want to throw a few ideas for griefing players in GTA Online without getting punished. Basically, a way to circumvent the system while making people rage more than ever.

I'll start it off with a few suggestions, you guys can leave yours or feel free to comment/rage here.

• Shotgun the other players personal vehicle until it is on fire, then leave the session before it explodes and the other guy pays insurance while you get no bad sport record.
  • Use the passive mode invincibility glitch where you can shoot others but they cannot attack you at all.
  • Glitch LSC until you have millions, call all the contacts on newer players until they leave in a fit of rage.
  • Glitch a tank into your garage and insure it. Let people blow it up, it will cost them $18,500 in insurance fees and they get labelled a moron and thrown into bad sport for playing legit.
  • Sticky bomb Simeons garage when someone resprays the High Priority vehicle, when you see them arrive at the destination on the map, click-BOOM! Enjoy the insults that will be screamed over the microphone.
  • Shoot your Chrome Adder with a shotgun until it just about on fire. Start chasing new players around. As soon as they shoot you a few times your car will explode, taking most of their in-game money and labelling them a moron with a dunce cap.

Any more great ideas?

• gnad1992the.return likes this

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Wiggle goo

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

4/10

Needs work.

jc20
  • jc20

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Any more great ideas?

Yeah - grow up.

• Punkdaz likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Griefing is so 2009.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

You could just kill them with a gun. Then do it again. Then again. Then, kill them with a gun again. Then shoot them again. Then change guns and kill them with a different gun. Then go back to the first gun and kill them with it again. Then shoot them with a third gun. 

The above method has never gotten me in any sorts of trouble but is annoying to the receiver of the gun shots. 

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

You could just kill them with a gun. Then do it again. Then again. Then, kill them with a gun again. Then shoot them again. Then change guns and kill them with a different gun. Then go back to the first gun and kill them with it again. Then shoot them with a third gun. 

The above method has never gotten me in any sorts of trouble but is annoying to the receiver of the gun shots. 

That's still fun but it's not griefing because the player doesn't expect you to get into trouble for that. Griefing works best when you force the other players into Bad Sport pool while remaining a Good Sport for griefing noobs.

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Wiggle goo

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

+1

nurse carmen
  • nurse carmen

gaymer

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

yeah, get a life will u??

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

I like sitting on a rooftop with a sniper rifle and going Lee Harvey on someone's ass, but only if they deserve it.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

One more I forgot:

• Cargo Bob someone's personal vehicle into the ocean. They pay the insurance fees, you take no hits. Best when you take the cars from the Mors Mutual depot right after they call their insurance company again.

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

One more I forgot:

• Cargo Bob someone's personal vehicle into the ocean. They pay the insurance fees, you take no hits. Best when you take the cars from the Mors Mutual depot right after they call their insurance company again.

Yeah, but why do people let you do this?  Seen vids where people are just sitting in the car, letting people drive them out to max ocean distance.  I'd sticky that chopper and bail before I ran out of road.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

One more I forgot:

Yeah, but why do people let you do this?  Seen vids where people are just sitting in the car, letting people drive them out to max ocean distance.  I'd sticky that chopper and bail before I ran out of road.

They don't need to be in their vehicle, better that they aren't actually. You don't want them to see who is doing all the griefing if possible, to avoid player reports or getting kicked.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

this thread is pathetic

did u seriously think this would go over well? 

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

The Bad Sport system makes it so easy to grief people, since there's a million ways to use it against other players regardless of how they're playing.

By the way, I did that thing with Simeon's garage a couple times. One time I used Off The Radar, went down there, rigged it so it wouldn't be seen, and left before the time ran out. At least 10 minutes later the guy shows up, and parks like 20 feet away from the garage. Then I watch on the map as he is apparently walking all around the garage door area, looking all over the place. Then he gets back in the car to enter it, and I blow the bomb, but nothing happened.

I guess he knew who it was based on the fact I was paused and then unpaused to detonate it, since he sent me a text saying "i see that coming a mile away". I replied "well played".

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

this thread is pathetic

I'm open to suggestions on how it can be improved. Obviously the point is to educate players who would like to grief more effectively. Griefing is a perfectly legitimate strategy online.

• gnad1992the.return likes this

gnad1992the.return
  • gnad1992the.return

since 2007

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Nice topic. I loved the options!

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Wiggle goo

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

Griefing is a perfectly legitimate strategy online.

Holy sh*t, are you serious?

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

this thread is pathetic

He's fishing for anger and you just fed the troll...

• Phyxsius- likes this

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

this thread is pathetic

thanks man, great observaton

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

this thread is pathetic

thanks man, great observaton

Whipping my observaton out all over this thread.

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

LOL this is funny but you're cruel. 

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

f*ck you.

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

The OP like all other griefers is a winner. All you people posting sh*t to the OP are just mad that you are bad at the game and the options the OP has posted above probably happen to you on a regular basis.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

I'm open to suggestions on how it can be improved. Obviously the point is to educate players who would like to grief more effectively. Griefing is a perfectly legitimate strategy online.

This is a pretty effective one, and yet another way to abuse the Bad Sport system: If you see someone in a tank, immediately get your personal vehicle and ram into them full speed, detonating and giving them a Bad Sport warning and insurance cost. Repeat this process at least five times, trying to ensure that the person receives their dunce cap.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

I went home on my lunch and parked an SUV in front of the doors to an amunation. Someone was inside and they couldn't get out. After a minute I felt bad so I threw a grenade to move the truck out of the way (I couldn't get in it anymore) and accidentally blew up the guy inside. It was fun.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

This is a pretty effective one, and yet another way to abuse the Bad Sport system: If you see someone in a tank, immediately get your personal vehicle and ram into them full speed, detonating and giving them a Bad Sport warning and insurance cost. Repeat this process at least five times, trying to ensure that the person receives their dunce cap.

except, dumb ass,

when you do that, and I get bad sport notification, I turn off my xbox, and then I'm no longer a bad sport, and I've just ruined your game for the last hour. pussy. 

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

except, dumb ass,

when you do that, and I get bad sport notification, I turn off my xbox, and then I'm no longer a bad sport, and I've just ruined your game for the last hour. pussy. 

1) I've never done this, the only time I've even seen it done was against me.

2) It sure as hell doesn't take an hour to do this. More like 5 minutes, tops.

3) I'd say forcing you to turn off your Xbox is pretty much the definition of successful griefing.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:03 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 29 October 2013 - 07:03 PM.

except, dumb ass,

Uh, you might corrupt your save, which will lead to a full avatar loss. Which will be like winning the gold medal of the Griefer Olympics for him :)

He might be an asshole, but you are just stupid. Don`t do it again.

• TrevorsMom likes this

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

except, dumb ass,

1) I've never done this, the only time I've even seen it done was against me.

2) It sure as hell doesn't take an hour to do this. More like 5 minutes, tops.

3) I'd say forcing you to turn off your Xbox is pretty much the definition of successful griefing.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

not really, dumb ass.

and people saying you will lose your character, maybe if I had just started it, but, it's been saved millions of times. i'm not worried.

it's fa**ots like you that I destroy in every single server, that's why my K:d ration is almost 3-1, it's called TANK SPAWN TRAPPING. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users