Photo

Discussion:Online Players Maturity/Attitudes/Morals

193 replies to this topic
PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:31 AM

Things have been noticeably better more recently. Last night I was messing around trying to get a Bull Dozer to my apartment and then glitch it into my garage just to show off to a friend at a later date when he got online. A random player helped me get a Cargobob to move it (cause it wouldn't spawn for me); And then when I spent 2 hrs out the front of my garage trying to get it to accept the Bull Dozer, about 4 different players walked past, stopped to watch what I was doing and then moved on. Not one tried to kill me or the guy who helped me with the Cargo Bob. He hung around doing donuts outside my apartment for the whole 2 hrs.

haha great!!..thats what freeroam is all about....crazy encounters

nothing beats walking down the streets to suddenly have a choppah firing missiles pass over you followed by the lspd

might take only a couple of seconds but itll make u stop and stare though

the best part about this sort of encounter is the guilt by association.  You could be chilling out in FM rolling around, minding your own business.   Then another player goes flying by you with a 3+ star blazing at the police.  The next second later BLAM! you're the new canon fodder for the chopper that was hunting them. :lol:

I really love the 5 star 5-0 chases best. Because it's always fun to take the cops & choppers on a joy ride through Vinewood Hills in my up armored Weebly.  Those police cruisers can barely keep hold the friction on the road, let alone the hairpin turns in Vinewood Hills :lol:

It's times like these where I miss that SA Hunter. :/   Because TBH, that military aircraft invented the word vendetta.  :cool:    I also wish the fighter jets had a hover capability like the SR3 VTOL though.  They're completely unstable unless in constant flying mode. A VTOL hover capability would be perfect for those missions that require aircraft support.  Or logging some great flying hours doing dog fights with the military base jets.  Or simply just annoying the crap out of the AI soldiers and tanks at the military base.

Sangers
  • Sangers

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

It's times like these where I miss that SA Hunter. :/   Because TBH, that military aircraft invented the word vendetta.  :cool:    I also wish the fighter jets had a hover capability like the SR3 VTOL though.  They're completely unstable unless in constant flying mode. A VTOL hover capability would be perfect for those missions that require aircraft support.  Or logging some great flying hours doing dog fights with the military base jets.  Or simply just annoying the crap out of the AI soldiers and tanks at the military base.

We're going off topic now but that would be a way overpowered vehicle IMO. If you need vertical lift and hover, just use the buzzard. It's actually faster than alot of the planes in the game.

The Lazer is already overpowered enough as it is. The only thing that can take it down is another Lazer or poor flying - I'm guilty of the latter when I'm dicking around in one, which is always.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

avoid shadowhunterx5

usually could care less about idiots like this. but this guy sat in lsc for im guessing over 30 minutes because of what seemed to be a bounty on his head, then finds me randomly with a bounty for 9 g's and sends me a msg saying he is bored.

go play team deathmatch you f*ckin tool.

so then he comes and finds me to claim his own bounty, i just sat there as he killed me about 4 times and set a bounty every time. then he left, and set another bounty.

i grabbed a tank, killed him once, and sent him a msg that said "bored"

like i said, i could usually care less and i usually enjoy a war in free roam but when someone starts from their appt or somewhere hiding and puts a bounty on you, it gets a little old real fast. just seems like a bitch way to play the game.

and, i noticed a lvl 20 something shooting rockets at me, it didnt last long as they can never hit anything with them and run out of rockets but im sure it was this guy shadowhunterx5's litttle butt buddy mad because they initiated some troll fight with bounties and it was 2v1 but i still came out on top.

i love this game, but hate the idiots playing it. if you want to kill me, send me a f*ckin msg saying "im going to kill you"

dont be a bitch in your appt setting bounties.

Lisha
  • Lisha

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:51 PM Edited by Lisha, 22 November 2013 - 10:52 PM.

I was buying masks and some guy tried to run me over in his sports car. Bear in mind that he was like rank 50 something while I'm sitting at rank 37. He missed, I pulled out my assault rifle and tried to shoot him - he accelerated and ran me over. I was still alive but he kept reversing over me so that I couldn't get up. Eventually he killed me, I spawned somewhere else - went to put a bounty on him, he found me again and then ran into me. Turned off my xbox tbh because I just couldn't be arsed. I wasn't really having fun and I knew he was the type to keep going after someone until they either left or hid in their flat.

Most of my mates don't play the game any more so it's not that much fun playing on my own. I keep to myself and just explore the map on my little bmx, lol. It's a bit of a pain when people come after you for no reason but I suppose that's what I get for playing on a public lobby.

BienQueLEnfer
  • BienQueLEnfer

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

joined a session last night & went offroading way up north of the map some fag in chrome adder shows up & shoots at my truck for no reason, kid flips his car n i kill him so i leave cause im sick of people like this. joined a new session & within a minute some bitch trys killing me with a buzzard for no reason IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, i blow them up & turned off my ps3. i cant do sh*t on public games without some fa**ot annoying me

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

This game has gone to sh*t. I just left a lobby of what sounded like a bunch of uneducated apes. Just a bunch of ni**ers and spics and other ghetto trash spewing their unintelligible bullsh*t. On top of that everyone goes out of their way to kill for no reason. I have lvl 91 character but got bored and started over with another one. Its lvl 11. I was just flying a plane under bridges and trying to up my flying skill when some lvl 100 scumbag in a buzzard shoots me down. There's no sense of honor or community anymore.
  • Eddie_INTV likes this

Kalitu
  • Kalitu

FIB Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:01 AM

I was cruising around with some friends in my Washington when some guy pops up and blows up my car. He starts spawnkilling my friends and I for whatever reason and soon the whole server joins in on the bloodbath. My friends and I are all trying to escape and drive away. My friends, luck them, eventually get enough time to leave the server. I drive off and head to some helicopter place near the beach, while the rest of the server kills each other.

A really aggressive (black) kid, I'm guessing he was maybe 16-17, wanders over and finds me. He snips me out and he starts getting really, and I mean REALLY, into trash talking on the mic. All I hear is "YEAH, YEAH! WHAT! WHAT! YEAH, NIGGA! WHAT! WHAT! YEAH!" and I just don't respond, not feeling like talking to the arrogant little prick. He stopped once he realized I wasn't going to say anything and went on to kill other people. I stole his ride (a cliché chrome adder), drove it to the front of my apartment, and did all but destroy it. I popped the tires, shattered the glass, and beat it with my baton. I leave it undriveable and then leave the session.

Really, why do people have to spawnkill me for no reason? And the way he was so into trash talking was pretty funny, since he thought he was s0 3dgy. Maybe I'll find the nice people in the future! :/

• UP9390 and Eddie_INTV like this

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

Things have been noticeably better more recently. Last night I was messing around trying to get a Bull Dozer to my apartment and then glitch it into my garage just to show off to a friend at a later date when he got online. A random player helped me get a Cargobob to move it (cause it wouldn't spawn for me); And then when I spent 2 hrs out the front of my garage trying to get it to accept the Bull Dozer, about 4 different players walked past, stopped to watch what I was doing and then moved on. Not one tried to kill me or the guy who helped me with the Cargo Bob. He hung around doing donuts outside my apartment for the whole 2 hrs.

haha great!!..thats what freeroam is all about....crazy encounters

nothing beats walking down the streets to suddenly have a choppah firing missiles pass over you followed by the lspd

might take only a couple of seconds but itll make u stop and stare though

the best part about this sort of encounter is the guilt by association.  You could be chilling out in FM rolling around, minding your own business.   Then another player goes flying by you with a 3+ star blazing at the police.  The next second later BLAM! you're the new canon fodder for the chopper that was hunting them. :lol:

I really love the 5 star 5-0 chases best. Because it's always fun to take the cops & choppers on a joy ride through Vinewood Hills in my up armored Weebly.  Those police cruisers can barely keep hold the friction on the road, let alone the hairpin turns in Vinewood Hills :lol:

lol nahh if u got the police on your tail stay away from me!! :p

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

This game has gone to sh*t. I just left a lobby of what sounded like a bunch of uneducated apes. Just a bunch of ni**ers and spics and other ghetto trash spewing their unintelligible bullsh*t. On top of that everyone goes out of their way to kill for no reason. I have lvl 91 character but got bored and started over with another one. Its lvl 11. I was just flying a plane under bridges and trying to up my flying skill when some lvl 100 scumbag in a buzzard shoots me down. There's no sense of honor or community anymore.

this made me chuckle

this game does attract real assholes..did a 2 man mission a while ago..we spawned a few blocks away from each other so i watched him on the map. figured he didnt have a vehicle cause he was barely moving so i drive up there to give him a ride...i reach the guy and he starts cussing me out for "wasting hours driving up to him" (hours??) so he steals a vehicle and takes of, ramming traffic and what not, dude rams in to me and says "get the fk out of my way" lol

judging by the voice it wasnt a kid..I was really like WTF man

so i just finished the mission and went on with my session

Vexedex
  • Vexedex

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

I hate how some people get on in this game.

Even when I'm doing missions, the people who should be helping me, instead run me over.

What's the point? If you're working together towards a common goal, and you earn Money & RP for it, why kill each other?

• Eddie_INTV likes this

ThePeskyCrow
  • ThePeskyCrow

:v

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

@Kracus (since the thread got locked)

You mentioned you are okay with cash cards since they're spending their earned money. You also mentioned you hate how you go into a race and hate how people who didn't earn it like you beat you because it's fully modded and you lose. 

When/If the cash cards come out. say a level 20 has a fully modded Entity and beats you. Do you throw a fit? How do you know if he's a glitcher or not?

(If this belongs elseware, lmk)

Something About Having To Race To Unlock The Parts :v

Whysoserious5150
  • Whysoserious5150

Joker

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

If the topic is moral values of other players(which it is) then i agree that it is desperatly lacking in that department. But to me its not a matter of morals but a matter of survival tactics. Gta online is like the African Plains, there are;
Lions- Skilled players that will kill you if you f*** with them but otherwise won't pay you much mind, hyenas-skilled trolls, that will take a lions kill torment you and eat their own babies and then you have zebras- basically defenseless, will kick mindlessly when attacked and usually end up bleeding in a ditch somewhere but they leave others alone and wish everyone thought like they did. Lions hate hyenas and will eat a zebra if he's hungry. Hyenas will eat a zebra and torment a lion for his food as well. Zebras get eaten. In other words, no one likes a troll but if your skilled enough you will survive the jungle that is gta online. Dont be a Zebra people!

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:03 AM Edited by azali10, 27 November 2013 - 04:04 AM.

As a principle you can't trust people you don't know in this game. I get into a defensive position as soon as I see anyone appear on my radar near me, especially if their in a vehicle.

• Eddie_INTV likes this

RedHolden
  • RedHolden

Playing GTA Since 2001

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

joined a session last night & went offroading way up north of the map some fag in chrome adder shows up & shoots at my truck for no reason, kid flips his car n i kill him so i leave cause im sick of people like this. joined a new session & within a minute some bitch trys killing me with a buzzard for no reason IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, i blow them up & turned off my ps3. i cant do sh*t on public games without some fa**ot annoying me

I had the exact same problem today. I came home after school and started playing GTAOnline.

about 5 mins into the Session I go to Ammu-Nation Buying weapons, This Guy with a Bounty on him comes into the store. Buys ammo, Then walks out and shoots the all of the tires of my car. Then puts bullet holes all over my car for no reason. 

After 10 minutes of chasing him, I had to give up, He was a rank 57 and i'm 29. We end up near a drain, I call my mechanic to send my 9F to me. He sends it and while i'm doing something else. The same BumHat comes back and does the same thing he done to my other car.

I failed to shoot him fully because he's foolish friend kept running me over in a truck. Then he sent me messages saying my shooting is the skills of a 2 year old. "Yer Right" Only because he's brainless friend kept killing me, Meaning I had no time at all to pull any WEAPONS OUT. I hope Bumhats like him end up getting banned. And end up getting a job as a Puke cleaner. 

So i send him a message saying he started it and Being in the sarcastic mood i'm in. I add at the end of the message i say " Think for destroying my car " He types back ' Your Welcome" I send back. You clowns are the clowns of NoobLand I leave the session and don't have to put up with another Bumhat like him for the rest of the day. 

• Eddie_INTV likes this

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:53 AM

Yes, this game is a perfect place for trolls and egomaniacs.

I like doing Boneyard Survival, and there's times when I respawn outside  that i'm thrown into the middle of a war, or some a-hole is out there waiting with a rocket launcher or a sniper rifle.

There was this one instance where some guy was waiting out there who must have killed me like 10 times in a row. They kept respawning me right in his line of sight, out in the middle of the desert where there's no cover. To top that off, some other idiot kept interfering and killing me as well. Needless to say, both of them got theirs in the end; the guy who kept butting in got raped with my Advanced Rifle, and the first guy I eventually encountered in another session and ran over repeatedly in my Carbonzziare.

Then there's the a-holes who like flying up in attack choppers and destroying your ride. I make like i'm going to run so they chase me, then suddenly stop the car and get out with a mini gun. Their reaction is always priceless when an endless amount of bullets chop them out of the sky.

It's to the point that every time I see a white dot coming toward me on the map in free mode I get my guns out, because every session is full of mostly trolls that will ride up on you and just open fire with out reason. It's all fun and games when they're killing you but when you decide to strike back and turn the tables, that's when the hate mails with stale insults and crap spelling and the attempts to get you kicked start. But my thing is, you started with me; i'm out here riding around minding my own business or at the beach trying to get my tan on, and here you come guns blazing. I'm not allowed to defend myself?

In a game like this it's all to be expected. Not everyone is bad though. Occasionally you run across someone cool as hell who assists you with some spawn killing troll and run them out of the session, then salute or give you the bro love action when it's all over. I don't get mad, I get even. if someone kills me in some janky way, I remember their name. I'll see you somewhere again, when you least expect it. So, yeah. I won't let some troll run me off the game. I'm not the one that will shoot first because i'm not a bully, but best believe i'll be the one shooting last.

• Eddie_INTV likes this

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

You control a criminal who's involved in murdering drug dealers and gangs. The whole idea of having any sense of morality is retarded when it comes to a game like this. Therefore anything goes. From spawn trapping people in tanks to shooting them after missions. 

The only thing I'm against is people who message you abuse.  

Lisha
  • Lisha

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:59 AM Edited by Lisha, 29 November 2013 - 03:00 AM.

Did that mission where you need to collect those ATV's and deliver them to Trevor's trailer. This mission is a pain in the arse because the f*ckers will drive off and you have to chase them. So me and this guy were chasing these people for ages and this 85 gamerscore c*nt called Above Glory just arsed about. Then, when we got 2 ATV's - there was a third one waiting to be picked up. Rather than driving less than 50metres towards it, he tried shooting the other guy off his/knocking him off. He failed. We drove off, the guy hung back and then he decided to ram me off mine. He managed to do so, stole mine and f*cked off. So I reported him for griefing and neg repped him before going back f*cking miles to get the other ATV because you needed to deliver all 4 of them to complete the mission. Almost there and then we f*cking fail because this c*nt destroyed his ATV. He sounded like a little prepubescent c*nt on mic as well.

• CoachDub25 likes this

TheLazyWinner
  • TheLazyWinner

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

This why there's something called 'passive mode' 

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

Me, level 18, and two others at level 18 was in a lobby to do Violent Duct. Some level 78 guy join us, and when we arrive at the deal, he rams his car into all of us, then leaves. He was driving an Adder.

I mean, seriously? To spend time and energy on doing something like that? What's the gain? Some people amaze me.

dedeto
  • dedeto

ananızı sikim orospu šocukları

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

totally agreed .there are many sh*theads,stupid kids.

RedHolden
  • RedHolden

Playing GTA Since 2001

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Yer, But it does not always work as it should. People can still shoot you while your inside your car.

People run you over and grief you while you have it on AND YOU STILL DIE. 

I'm starting to think that it should be a free feature if it's this buggy.

polrest11
  • polrest11

The Player

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Gt dagr8st

TheLazyWinner
  • TheLazyWinner

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

Yer, But it does not always work as it should. People can still shoot you while your inside your car.

People run you over and grief you while you have it on AND YOU STILL DIE. 

I'm starting to think that it should be a free feature if it's this buggy.

That's why you run away, it's not hard. lol.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:34 AM

maturity? don't expect that from PAYAZOCARRASC025 from crew W505.

quote, "we got hacks...bad things happen to you if you kill us."

dedeto
  • dedeto

ananızı sikim orospu šocukları

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:25 AM

maturity? don't expect that from PAYAZOCARRASC025 from crew W505.

quote, "we got hacks...bad things happen to you if you kill us."

really?poor kids.I hate people who use cheats for a f*ckin game.2 days ago,I saw a group of players,some having DPC abreviation in their gamertag(DPC Sniper Had,DPC Killuminati) ,I'm sure they use cheats.Could you explode a tank with only 2 shots of Carbine Rifle and a grenade?They did it,they f*ckin blew me up only with these weapons in 10 seconds.

cshllb
  • cshllb

Really awesome guy

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

I dislike the attitudes of many players.
True story. In a lobby the other night. Getting slaughtered in free roam by this one player. Im level 89. He was like 36 or something. But he was in a chrome adder and kept hitting me while I was on foot. I can't seem to shoot him cause hes too fast for me in free aim lobby. So I get my tank from pegasus amd hunt him down to evwn out the 12-3 killstreak he had on me. After I kill him once He starts flipping out calling me a cheater threatening to report me so I get banned.

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

I find some people's opinions of PvP in free mode hillarious. I've never once been sent to the bad sport lobby, and I've been playing since release.  If you have morals about PvP in Grand Theft Auto, I think you're playing the wrong game. If Rockstar didn't want us to blow eachother to bits, they wouldn't have put it in free mode, it's as simple as that.

Honestly I'd go out of my way just to grief some of the people in this thread just because of how entitled you seem (not everyone). 

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

cheating in a game is lame, but glitching is not cheating

This argument cracks me up. Do you really think that a glitch is a part of the game?

Sure, it's a mistake on the part of the devs but if a glitch allows you to avoid the rules or exploit the game in your favor do you really think it's not cheating?

I haven't been able to read the terms and conditions of GTA Online, but I am sure that like any other online game, that there is a clause stating that you agree not to exploit glitches or flaws in the game to break the rules.

If you manage to break rules by whatever means be it glitches, exploits, modded game files, guess what, you're cheating. Even if there are other players doing it, it still is against the rules of the game. GTA Online has few rules, but the ones it does have are there for a reason.

I think the OP's concerns of morals touch this point and not acting like a douche online.

Within the rules of the game you can be any kind of asshole you want to be, thats the point of a sandbox game like this.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:36 AM

So I read through this entire thread to get a good idea of how people feel before I formulated this opinion and I have to say I am surprised at the amount of people who honestly do not have very good judgement..

Most people here will immediately lament about how everyone in public free roam will shoot them, blow them up, etc. But then lack the common sense to see the relation between the "Find a free roam lobby" option and encountering these people. For some reason, be it the ego, stubbornness, or stupidity these people think they are not to blame for thier own misfortunes.

It would be different if you couldn't make a private free roam with people on your friends list. I would totally understand your plight and the blame would fall on Rockstar for not implementing a simple feature. But this is not the case and you CAN in fact make a free roam for just you and 15 of your friends.

But Tiwggy123 private lobbies aren't fun and/or I don't have many/any friends.

Deal with it and stop complaining. I'm assuming you are an adult since you have a rated M game so you should be able to realize what I'm about to type but I'll type it anyways for those who shouldn't be playing this game. You aren't handed everything in life. Get friends and/or relaize that if you want to have fun then you also have to put up with other peoples' definition of it. If you cannot do these things then just stop playing multiplayer games.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

So I read through this entire thread to get a good idea of how people feel before I formulated this opinion and I have to say I am surprised at the amount of people who honestly do not have very good judgement..

Most people here will immediately lament about how everyone in public free roam will shoot them, blow them up, etc. But then lack the common sense to see the relation between the "Find a free roam lobby" option and encountering these people. For some reason, be it the ego, stubbornness, or stupidity these people think they are not to blame for thier own misfortunes.

It would be different if you couldn't make a private free roam with people on your friends list. I would totally understand your plight and the blame would fall on Rockstar for not implementing a simple feature. But this is not the case and you CAN in fact make a free roam for just you and 15 of your friends.

But Tiwggy123 private lobbies aren't fun and/or I don't have many/any friends.

Deal with it and stop complaining. I'm assuming you are an adult since you have a rated M game so you should be able to realize what I'm about to type but I'll type it anyways for those who shouldn't be playing this game. You aren't handed everything in life. Get friends and/or relaize that if you want to have fun then you also have to put up with other peoples' definition of it. If you cannot do these things then just stop playing multiplayer games.

lol wtf does going into private lobbies has to do with bad judgement

your whole post is an acknowledgement of what people in this thread are saying...

nice long piece of tekst but this thread is about the attitude/morals of other online players, this is not a complain about online idiots thread and therefor your "solution" to join a private lobby or shut the fk up is quite useless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users