» «
Photo

Discussion:Online Players Maturity/Attitudes/Morals

193 replies to this topic
PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by PkUnzipper, 05 November 2013 - 04:08 AM.

There really are some idiots about. Just bought myself a Cognoscenti Cabrio, nice but nothing too flashy. thought I would take it the mod shop just to have a play around. As soon as i step out I drive past a player and just let them on their way. They turn around and start shooting. I think "meh" and drive off. I get out of my car and take cover behind a corner just incase. 

The idiot drives after me, crashes his car and the collision forces a lampost to fall over and knock me out! In the ensuing confusion he kills me and steals my car (even though he cant do anything with it) tries to sell it and then get sticky bombed by myself outside the shop. The cops are all over me (why!?) and he has wrecked my car so I cant even escape. Sod it I just left online. 

So annoying at times when all you are trying to do is cruise around for a few minutes. 

what silentunion said.  If nothing else, this experience is showing you what a complete exercise of futility the revenge PvP game is.  You wasted time, hard earned money and resources trying to avenge yourself to no avail. You only ended up frustrating yourself, while giving the griefer control over how THEY wish to enjoy the game. 

If you want to make money without griefing from missions, or cruise around SA, or make money sandbox style in FM (like robbing stores, mugging peds at ATMs, and stealing/selling ped cars at LSC), then do Invite Only sessions.

This way you can make/accumulate a good sized bank roll in peace without the harassment. Then return to regular FM whenever you wish to be stalked again.  :lol:

But note: the nice thing about Invite Only is you only need to worry about criminal peds when picking up crate drops (robbing stores, investigating gang wars on the map etc). And there is always to option to invite others whom you trust into your sessions to take advantage of activities that require at least 2 ppl (e.g. tennis, or the higher paying missions from smart phone contacts). If they go PvP on you, you can always kick them as it's your Invite Session.

And then there are always the survival matches which you can do solo. Surviving the highest wave (#10) solo--without dying-- will quickly raise your shooting skill stat while giving you some $18k+ cash each time.

I also don't recommend that you return to regular FM until you make enough money to buy a garage or decent apt.  This will give you the option to spawn inside your property whenever you go online. So you'll be initially safe from griefers whenever you spawn in regular FM.

Also doing missions from your phone (while inside you apt) will most likely respawn your char back inside your safe house after the mission. So you wouldn't have to worry about being killed by griefers to collect your paycheck.

• vw11 likes this

Dayonebmx
  • Dayonebmx

Diebomb

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:35 AM

B1GB0SS
  • B1GB0SS

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

I haven't come across any real douchebaggery yet. There are people that hose me down with the fire trucks, run me over slowly and painfully, and just straight up kill me but that's just how the game is. You kill people, they kill you. Of course, I get real pissed at these people but then I just go after them and hit up some of my friends to me out.

Bleep*
  • Bleep*

General

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

Said this in other posts but I'll say it here...

The people who go around killing others with no purpose but then once they get killed multiple times they get mad and kick/ban you with their crew. These are the kind of people who feel like they weild serious power being able to do this.

This is the only gripe I have against the jackassary of online players. Other than that, it's mostly hilarious dealing with fools.

Crabby420
  • Crabby420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

I like to go around killing EVERYONE and blowing up their cars. I found myself in the dunce lobby twice, but I always have so much fun where people KNOW how to play GTA.

What really ticks me off tho is when people kill you once and run away feeling like their on a "winning streak". Then I have to take the extra time to chase them and murder them 5+ times in a row. I don't even go on deathmatch, the whole world is my deathmatch :D.

There are verrrrrry few times I don't go killing everyone, however if they get near me and I feel threatened, (driving too fast, running towards me, or simply wielding a gun) it will lead to their instant death and 5 more deaths after that.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 06 November 2013 - 03:38 AM.

I come across lots of screaming kids on their mics and older kids who consider themselves to be the 'real' GTA players. I just kill them while they're busy comparing e-peens. Tried apporaching a few people, but I and most others don't have a headset, so communication is limited. So one or both of us will get sketched out and start shooting. But the very worst behavior I see is on message boards (like gameFAQs), not the game itself.

That said I usually don't come across much trouble other than the occasional player who tries randomly killing me, but that's sort of the point of it all, right? Bitches don't know about my free aim.

MichealWesten
  • MichealWesten

Hell Raiser

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

Generally, people have been pretty okay for me online and I am 126 hour in. The ocassional PIT manuevering gets annoying, but other than that a pretty good experience. However, I think alot of the aggression and the trigger finger when you see other players comes from it being an open world game where you shoot each other lol. People younger than 18 on the game? I don't care at all. Been playing mature games since 4, so I don't see a problem with that. I try to help people out when I am in freeroam. Guy being abused by another dude? Pick him up or team up on the other dude, and I noticed that was some of my favorite moments. I really enjoy the idea of strangers teaming up and kicking ass. I tend to help the younger ones more often, usually new players that have no idea around LS.

Cheers,
Paul

CatchallRat682
  • CatchallRat682

Mythbuster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

I have had a pretty lucky run so far. The only problem for me is I have to do missions alone because I really can't trust anyone to do a mission without fragging me as soon as it loads. I do cruise with my peyote though and it does get annoying when someone desides to track me down for no reason and kill me. I have not killed players for no reason though and can't see a reason to other than for raising the shooting skill and you could just start a police chase for that. I have however figured out how to get simeon's special (green map icon car) and that is to have someone ride shotgun. This was literally the only way to get the car in one piece to the garage.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

I have had a pretty lucky run so far. The only problem for me is I have to do missions alone because I really can't trust anyone to do a mission without fragging me as soon as it loads

Same here, which is why I lone wolf it. I'm probably missing out on some fun by doing that, but the upside is that some of the missions actually become challenging when going solo. It's too bad you don't get an increased reward for completing missions that way, but no big deal.

Critty23
  • Critty23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

So I have a tank right and I use it just to cruise around and blow the police up with.... and I seriously hate when immature duche bags ram their into you to get you thrown into the bad sport lobby thats complete bs..... seriously if they are going to allow that crap then remove the tanks completely from gta online

Oz70NYC
  • Oz70NYC

The Urban Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

I've been playing GTAO since launch, and in the weeks following I can only recall ONE time I joined a public session and everyone wasn't killing each other. In fact about nine players (myself included) congregated around the North LSC and an impromptu Car Show started up. It was pretty refreshing, and when everyone parted ways, no shots were fired. No grenades tossed. No cars blown up. Never again have I had anything close to this happen. In every open session I join, the kill feed lights up like the Christmas tree at Rockafeller Center. And I do my best to stay out of the fray. Sometimes it's unavoidable though, and I drop another player out of self defense. But unlike Crabby420's flawed logic, when I do so and leave the area, it's not out of some misplaced sense of accomplishment. It's because I wasn't looking for conflict in the 1st place. Most intelligent people would see that and move on, but you can imagine how often THAT happens. No, they usually come looking for payback, and when they do...I've switched to passive mode, got out of my car, and hopped up on something that can't be moved OR a vehicle driven up or onto. And I just stand their with "the bird" flown. Pisses griefers off to no end.

• Masochron likes this

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

I'm for playing fair, just driving around minding my own business. But when someone tries to kill me on purpose I just go into full on dick mode, it doesn't bother me that they tried to kill me because that's inevitable in a GTA game, but if they can do it to me then it must be fine for me to do it back, for example some guy tried to shoot me when I was going into a pay n spray so I stole his car and trashed it, some guy knocks me off my bike, I send mercenaries after him.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

I've only sent mercenaries once.

I popped into a lobby still in my apartment...didn't even get to the garage so I could go out into the world...I saw a notification that someone had sic'd some mercenaries on me. So I promptly called Merryweather and returned the favor, whilst still in my apartment.

Guess who died?

• PkUnzipper likes this

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:00 PM Edited by muhmuhhuh, 06 November 2013 - 09:02 PM.

I do all my "cruising" in Invite/Crew sessions. Save a lot of hassle when I don't want to worry about people.

As for the guy you mentioned. He's not an idiot. He was playing the game. He's not there to please you. You're not there to please him. You're both there to play the game as you see fit, just your goals at that time clashed. Sure, it's annoying, but if you're that annoyed about it, play in a private session because complaining about it will do nothing.

Eh, I wasnt complaining at all. Im happy to go out into the normal online world and take what ever comes along. I was more annoyed that I got killed by a lampost falling on me. 

And it is annoying when you could have quite easily killed someone but decided to be nice and then you see their little white dot come hurtling towards you. 

Alexinchains946
  • Alexinchains946

Biker God

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:49 AM

I hate it when theres a crew of people(usually 3 to 4) all up there blocking you from getting somewhere. I just wanted to get in my apartment and these asshats kept killing me. 1 on 1 it wouldn't have been an issue, but they team up to make a random users experience miserable and I just don't get it. 

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

I never really come across these people you are all talking about, i guess i'm lucky. So far i've met cool people that i have firefight with. Just today me and one other guy are trying to kill a bounty and ended shooting each other, and out of nowhere, there's this guy riding his bmx just stopped next to me and just looking at me lol, i didn't kill the bmx guy because well he looks like he is not looking for a fight. The funny thing is that the bmx guy keep ridig around the block and stop near me and the other guy to watch us shooting each other, the other guy didn't kill him either and i found that great that he just let that guy go when it could be an easy kill for him (you know how most stories in this forum are, people just kill others who mind their own business).

Then there's another one, ive just driving around and from a guy passed me then turn around, i stopped and take cover behind my Rebel just in case he try to kill me, he then drove towards me and stopped about 3-4 cars length from me, he just waits there inside the car while i aim my rifle towards him, but i didnt shoot him. So for a minute, we have this awkward face to face encounter between his bumper and my rifle aimed at his window. He ended up dimming his light and drove away as i get into my car and drove away in the opposite direction. That was weird but cool.

Alexinchains946
  • Alexinchains946

Biker God

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

TBH I run people over when they're not paying attention... its simply not safe to stand around in the middle of the street without a care in the world, hasn't their mother ever taught them not to play in traffic? Some people...

• Masochron likes this

lionofjudah7
  • lionofjudah7

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:33 PM Edited by mo-seph, 07 November 2013 - 05:33 PM.

i tend to be of the dont shoot first variety(kinda funny when theres two of us looking down scopes at each other in the middle of a street..." you gonna go?" "nope" ... "me neither"... ) and dont have so many problems with greifers... ive regularly been in close proximity to firefights, some even involving tanks.... last week i was in a lobby with two BS and they were having their own fun (they got BS in that lobby so hadnt been quarentined yet)... as it goes they could see i was a fair distance from the fray and asked over mic that i dont kill them.... so i didnt... neither of them (bearing in mind they were BS tagged) tried to kill me either... one even asked for help at one point so i slammed over in my stolen SUV, picked them up and drove them out to mors mutual to pick up their car... as its jsut round the corner from my apartment i nipped in and watched the fun from the safety of my tv...

theres all kinds to be found, if you dont liek the lobby,.... move on... sometimes i feel like jsut cruising round finding jumps,, i hit an invite only session... othetimes i jsut wana play with friends, so start a friend only session and see who gets dumped in..... othertimes i jsut roll with the punches,,, if one guy tries taking em out, i might return the favour... last night i followed some dude (2 sets of 2 in a car hading the same way" jsut to see what was going on.. they hit the vinewood racetrack and were jsut doing circles, so i did the same,... they got annoyed and all of a sudden 4 sets of Ak's were pointed my way, clips empty and i was dead... respawn on the outside and hid in the bushes... hear "lets see whos the better sniper then" over my headset... they cruise round "where is he where is he, i cant see him" .... my blip was there, my character was doing some sempa phi sh*t in the bushes, hiding out of sight watching them through my scope... let off a couple of shots at their armoured truck (so not damaging anyone) and they bugered off to have fun somewhere else.... i didnt want to fight, i was just curious as to what they were doing (kinda like the bmx dude)

usually if i feel like a greifing session its done with friends, in friend only, and we murk the crap outta each ohter, stickybomb roadblocks, tank battles in downtown, lazer fights , the full works... then when we have it out of our system we hit some more races and issions and move on....

i guess my point is, its what you make of it... your in control of your game and bitching about it aint gonna help none, changing it will

lionofjudah7
  • lionofjudah7

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Slightly off-topic, but how many damned pinned topics do we need?
We're a third of the way through the first page...

Spam500
  • Spam500

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:34 AM

Have an idea, though it may sound over simplified:  During character creation, ask the age of the player.  Sure you can lie, but why bother..  Group similar ages together as much as possibe so the 12 yr olds can run around and blow eachothers heads off all day long, and the older guys can focus more on co-op strategies..  btw this cooming from 39 yr old

RooftopSniper
  • RooftopSniper

Valar Morgulis

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

Seems rather simple:  You can choose to be a dick to other people or not. 

If you do, you have to expect the response in kind and that person might be a bigger dick than you.

If you don't, you have to expect that white dot may not be a nice as you are. 

This game is more than PvP. Its more than racing. Its another world without societal rules of any sort - you can be as nice to people or an ass to people as you want to be. Its an interesting sociological study of how people behave once you remove those societal rules and norms of real world behavior.  If you want to walk on the beach and watch the sunset with your friends, you can.  If you want to snipe that guy minding his own business, you can do that to.

Worst Ive encountered? Had some douche block me in a clothing store, blow up my personal vehicle and give me the finger for 15 minutes while I went to the kitchen and made a sandwich. 

Personally?  I avoid most other players.  I don't draw down until they've actively hunting me and then I hit back & continue going about my business.  

ReminiRoseToDecay
  • ReminiRoseToDecay

I N T R O V E R T

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

Worst Ive encountered? Had some douche block me in a clothing store, blow up my personal vehicle and give me the finger for 15 minutes while I went to the kitchen and made a sandwich. 

Lol I'm sorry but that's hilarious. Although I think part of the reason it's hilarious to me is because I've been in similar situations, so I know the frustration.

• RooftopSniper likes this

SpaceCadet1
  • SpaceCadet1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

Seems rather simple:  You can choose to be a dick to other people or not. 

If you do, you have to expect the response in kind and that person might be a bigger dick than you.

If you don't, you have to expect that white dot may not be a nice as you are. 

This game is more than PvP. Its more than racing. Its another world without societal rules of any sort - you can be as nice to people or an ass to people as you want to be. Its an interesting sociological study of how people behave once you remove those societal rules and norms of real world behavior.  If you want to walk on the beach and watch the sunset with your friends, you can.  If you want to snipe that guy minding his own business, you can do that to.

Personally?  I avoid most other players.  I don't draw down until they've actively hunting me and then I hit back & continue going about my business.  

Great take on this topic RS, my experiences with the player attitudes in GTA Online have been very similar. This game falls into the fascinating category where asshole behavior (both in gameplay and interactions with other players) is almost completely acceptable. It's actually refreshing to have such a mainstream game emulates the hardcore, dog-eat-dog philosophy of oldschool PvP RPGs (e.g. the Ultima games for PC), where aggressive and egocentric behavior is key to survival and coming on top of the human food chain. Co-operation with friends and crew members obviously increases your chances of dealing with the scum that is the random white blip on the freemode map. And if you are a low-ranking loner you might be better off playing the isolated jobs or going on passive mode til you've ranked up some street cred to dish out some sweet revenge on the very noob-crowd you were part of just a week ago. I also firmly hold that the trash talk on the Playstation Network player chat is an integral part of this experience, since text talk has that certain distancing flavor which is far less harmful than a couple of DoucheLords going at it with microphones.

Now don't get me wrong, I detest all forms of racial, sexist, ageist, political, non-political slurs, but I've played online games long enough to understand that the occasional "cheating c*nt" messages are usually just a sign of the player at the other end venting gameplay-related frustrations. However, a reasonable level of immaturity is absolutely fine: if you get kicked out of a lobby simply for having a high rank, send the host an angry letter. If you get ganked by a random freemoder, nail their ass and then text them a dirty text message to rub it in their face. Just don't start crying like a little baby if the tables get turned and you find yourself losing thousands of dollars to a tightly coordinated murder patrol.

And I apologize if I've breached some user rules with the profanities here, I just felt that the discussion should entail some concrete verbal examples :)

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

Have an idea, though it may sound over simplified:  During character creation, ask the age of the player.  Sure you can lie, but why bother..  Group similar ages together as much as possibe so the 12 yr olds can run around and blow eachothers heads off all day long, and the older guys can focus more on co-op strategies..  btw this cooming from 39 yr old

Horrible idea. You assume those who enjoy the gta 4-like mayhem of free roam are children.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I DO WHAT I WANT.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

This is why smart players avoid FM

Dillinger83
  • Dillinger83

boosted h22

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

This game is full of the worst people I have run into yet. So much racism and what not its sick. I agree our society is f*cked!

Dilin Dafonte
  • Dilin Dafonte

Los Santos Police Department Officer

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:45 AM Edited by Dilin Dafonte, 09 November 2013 - 07:46 AM.

You know what I do in freemode? I pull out my insured Tank and protect players that I see being slaughtered by some asshat who thinks its funny to pick on the same dude for half an hour. That asshat ends up rage quitting after I'm done with his face, a quick salute from the victim of said asshat and I'm back to having fun with others patrolling the streets, do some missions, and hell maybe even try to pull tricks off in planes or cars that are definitely not meant for doing e.g. Police Riot Truck vs Halfpipe.

The racist f*ckers I see in Freemode disgust me, me and my friends will commonly have to mute chat or slaughter the bigots until they leave and take their racist f*cking attitude with them, worst part it is it's usually kids shouting it thinking they're "cool".

RooftopSniper
  • RooftopSniper

Valar Morgulis

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

The chat isnt the problem.  Its the racist/sexist/homophobic/xenophobic f**ks on the chat that are the problem.  Sadly, there's not much R* can do about it.  

This is why I have a broken headset plugged in, just to mute everyone. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users