» «
Photo

Discussion:Online Players Maturity/Attitudes/Morals

193 replies to this topic
PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:30 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 01 November 2013 - 03:33 PM.

To the OP's topic, I think that the general root of problems stem from the lack of consequences for their actions. It's the obvious answer, but it's also got the most credence. In reality, talking disparagingly about the aforementioned topics (sexuality, racism, etc.) directly to a person's face is going to have immediate consequences, such as being ostracized from a social group or being put under the threat of legal or physical assault. There are plenty of cases where talking about these things a certain way earns you an elbow to the face or being sued. Happens all the time, especially with being sued.

But online, those threats vanish. People can say whatever they want without fear of any real reprisal. Yeah it can get you banned, but often most won't go through the steps necessary to get the person in question kicked out (some will, of course, but the percentage of people who will vs. people who won't is pretty lopsided, so it can take awhile to build up a sufficient paper trail), and it does little to stop a die hard troll from simply creating another account and resuming his terror streak (GTA:V, rather amusingly, specifically addresses this in the mission where Michael rescues his son).

I disagree with the earlier post that people are different online than they are offline. Sure, they probably talk and act differently in the real world, but as before it's due to the consequences of socially unacceptable actions. I feel that online you're actually seeing the real person more than if you were to actually, physically know the person in question. I'm not talking about the way they talk so much as how they act in the virtual universe. Being a poor sport, stabbing people in the back, or deliberately attempting to ruin another person's gaming experience are personality traits. If a person did not have those traits, they would be unable to act on them in any universe, not just an online one. We all have the ability to act a certain way, but it's your personality that ultimately judges whether or not we act on those impulses.

Specific to GTA:O, it has it's share of trolls like any online game. What is nice about this game is that we have ways of getting even or avoiding the problem. Passive mode isn't perfect, but it's something at least. For me, I stay the hell away from other players whenever I can. Those who come after me, I kill. If they kill me, then I will usually try to level the score, going to great lengths to do so sometimes. I almost never start a fight unless it's over a crate or something, and in that case I'd say it's warranted aggression.

And if somebody is really bothering you, this game also provides ways of getting even or getting away from the problem (new session, etc.) Whining about getting killed over and over unfairly isn't going to do anything beyond making you look like a crybaby. Instead, find a way to get even and act on it, or find a way out. If you aren't willing to go the distance to get what you want, then I don't know what to tell you. Nobody can help you if you don't want to help yourself.

Well said.  I couldn't have articulated this any better.  Personality traits like that are unquestionably 100% responsible for the anti social, delinquent game play in GTAO.  It's definitely responsible for sh*tty tactics like corpse camping low level n00bs.  Which goes far beyond the ordinary PvP style of game play IMO.

If a person in real life is a social pariah in their peer group, been constantly bullied/victimized, have poor socialization skills, unpopular and/or has difficulty maintaining relationships, then this pattern of behavior is likely going to show up in their game play mindset.  Regardless of whether that online game is GTAO, Ultima Online, Guild Wars, WoW, CoD, RDR, BF, or the upcoming TESO..... 

The PvP nature of online games is easily changed by society and/or the gaming devs.   A person's nature is not.

• Brooksburgh likes this

bonnics
  • bonnics

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

I understand the OP's point of view. i actually read everone's post....there are good points and bad points thruout. i will say this...1) if your a bratass kid...i mute you  2) if your a "bad sport" and do me wrong...i invite from my friends list. and come at you with crew members, armored cars, helicopters, merryweather mercenaries,...sh*t i will even call lamar and have him send a mugger after you....thats fair   3) if i do a mission with you and you kill me right after to get my loot...then check  #2     4) nine times out of ten im on a mission...so i dont have time to just randomly be shooting at you.  5) if im in a server with a bunch of animals i either become an animal or i leave...its that easy  6) cheaters, hackers, and glitch artist do your thang...that sh*t  has never been my cup of tea. but if thats how you have fun...well hell you paid for the game...do what you want. but dont thing your better than me.   7) ppl who farm missions...do ya thang. its how ppl make money to keep up with the glitchers......all in all yea there are some jerks on this game...there are jerks in every game...they want you to get mad. thats how they get there kicks. be smart and creative in how you deal with them and they will either lose interest or find out ITS NO FUN MESSING WITH YOU

example:  im on a mission and some IDIOT kills me...(ok thats gta for ya)..i respawn and run to my car to continue on with my mission..said IDIOT kills me again and is spawncamping my car...hmmmm...i spawn and run the other way...find myself a big rig and trailer...shoot a cop and (so i can get 4 stars) then i chase this IDIOT all around the map...(in a big rig)... when i catch him its no contest. when he respawns im there with a whole bunch of cops. he shoots...cops shoot at him...he respawns i call merryweather...he gets the message and leaves the server......hahahahahaha ...and i didnt put a bitch ass bounty on him (waste of money actually). 2 days later a crew member found him and we got into my sherrif suv (with the running boards) and chase this fool with 8 ppl in the car shooting at him. we didnt kill him tho. just wanted to scare him. then sent him a message  "member me"...and his answer was "yea...sorry dude"

the point is there is always someone better than you...are more smart, coniving, deviouse...or just a plain better player than you.. deal with it...its GTA V

UltraPleb
  • UltraPleb

'Arry Redknapp

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

Being a 'bad sport' online is what the game is all about. If you expected fair play in a game about criminals, you've come to the wrong place.

• ProudDunceCapOwner likes this

thejack0ff
  • thejack0ff

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

It's human nature. These kids won't leave the games and there's not much you can really do about it. They're either spoiled brats, want-to-be bullies on the internet or idiots who vent their frustration towards society into a game with real people. All gaming communities are the same, no matter how classy/good/bad/kinky their gaming taste is.

I play to be social with others. Sure, I don't own a microphone but I'll go ahead and pop a text or two saying a couple of words. Most people I meet are kind and lucky I can resort to a pump shotgun if necessary. On the other hands, there are complete dickheads who go around purposely camping and killing you at the LSC and insulting you in Spanish or French and refuse to speak English. Those are the people I kill or steer clear of, usually they're squeakers just waiting to make your ears bleed.

Again, the majority of players I've seen are social and friendly. They don't spew random insults at others and are sort of mature.

Nolifeloser
  • Nolifeloser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by Nolifeloser, 02 November 2013 - 02:34 AM.

What do you do in free roam if not kill people. Tdm is watered down gta with horrible spawn locations I didn't glitch all that money to buy a tank andnot blow stuff up with it .

Nolifeloser
  • Nolifeloser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

When I'm trying to do other things in free roam like steal jets and fly close to other player or use helicopters to do whatever I have an appreciation for others trying to kill me it adds challenge to everything you are trying to accomplish. I do admit that lsc campers irritate me sometimes but I just go into all out Rambo mode and destroy these noobs. Free roam death match is what makes this game what it is after you level to 100 or 120 it's all that's left to do.

DrandonBavis
  • DrandonBavis

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:02 AM

IT'S A REFLECTION OF SOCIETY AND BAD PARENTING. Society is literally on the verge of something HUGE. Like ww3 huge. A lot of people are becoming more and more unstable. Children are becoming assholes. Like straight up dicks foreal. It all starts with parenting. They give their 11 year old's cell phones and rated m video games, and it's all over. Kids just don't have morals anymore. I even run into grown adults that act like babies while playing gta online. It's incredible. People literally get made fun of for their accent. And every 12 year old has "f*cked my mom." It's just sad how technology has bought people's souls and turned them into idiots and mean hearted people who are starting to not be able to tell the difference between real life and video games.
  • PkUnzipper, teh_g, ZihgZag and 2 others like this

Nolifeloser
  • Nolifeloser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

Your right drandon maybe they should outlaw violent games movies and music. You people are forgetting that your playing a game about doing illegal activities and then required to murder police to succeed. Then cry about people being assholes. There is no doubt that parents are seriously lacking necessary skills to raise children now days I am disgusted every time I hear a girly voiced young boy playing this game. Let's not forget that rockstar relies on this poor parenting to be successful. R
  • Andy_lattermen likes this

Nolifeloser
  • Nolifeloser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:35 AM

Your right drandon maybe they should outlaw violent games movies and music. You people are forgetting that your playing a game about doing illegal activities and then required to murder police to succeed. Then cry about people being assholes. There is no doubt that parents are seriously lacking necessary skills to raise children now days I am disgusted every time I hear a girly voiced young boy playing this game. Let's not forget that rockstar relies on this poor parenting to be successful. Rockstar= 21st century tobacco company.

ZeroDivision
  • ZeroDivision

Veteran Survivor

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

IT'S A REFLECTION OF SOCIETY AND BAD PARENTING. Society is literally on the verge of something HUGE. Like ww3 huge. A lot of people are becoming more and more unstable. Children are becoming assholes. Like straight up dicks foreal. It all starts with parenting. They give their 11 year old's cell phones and rated m video games, and it's all over. Kids just don't have morals anymore. I even run into grown adults that act like babies while playing gta online. It's incredible. People literally get made fun of for their accent. And every 12 year old has "f*cked my mom." It's just sad how technology has bought people's souls and turned them into idiots and mean hearted people who are starting to not be able to tell the difference between real life and video games.

I would agree that parenting has a lot (if not everything) to do with how kids act these days. To your point also, I am both curious and terrified about how this new generation will affect all our lives. Curious to see if they will shape up and fly right, and terrified that they won't.

Hopefully a nice dose of the real world when they get older will fix them up, but I know I'm probably just being optimistic.

Your right drandon maybe they should outlaw violent games movies and music. You people are forgetting that your playing a game about doing illegal activities and then required to murder police to succeed. Then cry about people being assholes. There is no doubt that parents are seriously lacking necessary skills to raise children now days I am disgusted every time I hear a girly voiced young boy playing this game. Let's not forget that rockstar relies on this poor parenting to be successful. Rockstar= 21st century tobacco company.

I don't think it would be fair to really blame any entertainment media for the way people act. If the common pulse of the nation wasn't like it was, violent games and movies wouldn't have nearly the success they currently enjoy. While I do think that these vices aren't helping the matter, they are more a result of how things are rather than a cause.

Rockstar is a business, and they're in it to make money. They'd be stupid not to go where all the green is.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

This makes me curious where people are at. The best connections are usually local so you tend to play with other people from your area. I run into far more annoying people when I play with out of state friends. I'm in Texas and I sometimes encounter lobbies of unusually well behaved players. In fact, I have never been spawn killed in gtao.

Nolifeloser
  • Nolifeloser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

I played with some people from England the other day and I live in Kansas. They actually attempted to make fun of my accent....

maDUECEgunner
  • maDUECEgunner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

@nolifeloser

You are from Kansas. Of course you have a funny accent :p

Edgy
  • Edgy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

Let me begin by saying first of all that I'm a parent, and that both my sons play GTAO (both are over 18). I find the amount of children playing GTAO more than a little disturbing inasmuch as I have to wonder exactly where their parents are when they are hurling the non-stop stream of racist/sexist abuse at other players. Some (for some read most) of the servers you land on are appaling in that respect.

I'm not a prude by any means, but should they really be playing a game where they can pick up hookers for sex? Obviously not.

If there is such a thing as 'respect' in GTAO I've certainly not seen or heard it. All you really need to do is read these forums for a glimpse of what it's like in game. I've played online since Ultima Onlines single server of open pvp back in 1997, I don't pretend to know what people think the aim of the game actually is but pvp? with auto aim? I don't think so lol. Pretending that open servers are a free for all, and that anything goes, is just an excuse for idiots to be idiots. Hence the massive amount of people serving time as bad sports. You are not fighting people, you're just killing them.

No doubt many of you wont believe this, so go and play a real pvp game like Battleground Europe (WWII Online) and see the difference. In a totally unforgiving environment with one shot kills....nothing but respect given and recieved, no abuse or racist crap being thrown at all, the total opposite of GTAO in fact. In that game (and many other open pvp games) there is nothing like the level of verbal abuse you get in GTAO.

Cheats are in the same league, they'll tell you (especially on these forums) that it's fine to hack and dupe because they CAN, or because Rockstar owe them 'something', the fact that they may well be killing GTAO for everyone else does not even occur to them (it's a business, they're not going to keep something going that is not profitable, get real) or if it does, they really don't care because they'll be off playing CoD or Fifa etc etc. Look through these forums for proof, time and time again the answer is 'well we can do it so we will do it'.

Nobody ever claimed that GTAO was a 'moral' game, but that doesn't mean you have to show a total lack of respect and moral judgement when playing it.

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

I played with some people from England the other day and I live in Kansas. They actually attempted to make fun of my accent....

This is normal in any game though. Some people aren't used to hearing other people's accents. Others will simply mock other accents out of fun. Usually, it isn't to hurt the person being made fun of. I'm Canadian and I've had a lot of Americans do the usual Canadian jokes. They're always the same jokes, nothing creative. I'm not offended by them. They're just trying to be funny, much like I make fun of them. :)

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

I just don't understand why your problem with most players morality should be everyone's problem.  why should we all fall inline with how you want to play the game? 

is the game fun when you play cooperatively?  sure is.  I get three friends together and I can have a f*ckin' blast.  super easy to find three friends playing gtao... 

but it's not so easy to get 15 more together at the same time to just have a carnage romp. 

I know you're trying to spout the moral high ground in a crime simulator, but I didn't buy gta to play nice.  I bought gta because I don't go blowing up cars, killing randoms for hitting my car, shoot police everyday in real life, so it's nice to have a game where I can do that.

quite literally most games in public free roam are pvp.  it's designed to be.  if it wasn't we would have no player damage.  deny it all you like, if it was meant to be cooperative more than a deathmatch, they would have made it no player damage, and you would have to challenge to duels.

if 15 people are shooting each other in the face, don't cry, go play with your friends.  you don't need more than four people to have a great time in any mission in this game; but the pvp is best with 16 people pulling out all the stops on each other.

the assumption that people should behave in that mode is asinine.  you think you should just be able to go in and be cooperative with randoms when the choice of friend and crew is obviously there for cooperative play (because you can set rules with your friends, duh; much like your trying to impose on everyone who plays), solo is obviously for solo, and go is: I get what I get, but I don't mind rolling with the punches.

I have 11 player kills, so i'm no griefer, I just don't think I have the right to ruin their fun when I can just play solo or with friends so easily and everyone can have a good time their way.  it's starting to turn into gta Nazi Germany.  stand at attention when you play with me!!

JustHatched
  • JustHatched

Domestic Battery Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

I can't say I have ran into any more assholes on this game than any other, some just seem to have prick disease written all over them. I chose not to remain in the same lobby as them. That said, if I drive by another player I expect to take a bullet or 2, it's the nature of the game as they do not know my intentions. 

Biggest thing that bugs me is if I take a quick job and get into whatever room then I am told to leave, called a ni**er and then kicked. Well if you dont want people in your race, deathmatch, etc.... then use some brains and close the room. 

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

I can't say I have ran into any more assholes on this game than any other, some just seem to have prick disease written all over them. I chose not to remain in the same lobby as them. That said, if I drive by another player I expect to take a bullet or 2, it's the nature of the game as they do not know my intentions. 

Biggest thing that bugs me is if I take a quick job and get into whatever room then I am told to leave, called a ni**er and then kicked. Well if you dont want people in your race, deathmatch, etc.... then use some brains and close the room. 

You're right that some people tend to attract problems. Often times the person accusing others of bad behaviour deserved that bad behaviour. Simply put, people tend to like accusing other people while acting like a saint.

I just don't understand why your problem with most players morality should be everyone's problem.  why should we all fall inline with how you want to play the game? 

is the game fun when you play cooperatively?  sure is.  I get three friends together and I can have a f*ckin' blast.  super easy to find three friends playing gtao... 

but it's not so easy to get 15 more together at the same time to just have a carnage romp. 

I know you're trying to spout the moral high ground in a crime simulator, but I didn't buy gta to play nice.  I bought gta because I don't go blowing up cars, killing randoms for hitting my car, shoot police everyday in real life, so it's nice to have a game where I can do that.

quite literally most games in public free roam are pvp.  it's designed to be.  if it wasn't we would have no player damage.  deny it all you like, if it was meant to be cooperative more than a deathmatch, they would have made it no player damage, and you would have to challenge to duels.

if 15 people are shooting each other in the face, don't cry, go play with your friends.  you don't need more than four people to have a great time in any mission in this game; but the pvp is best with 16 people pulling out all the stops on each other.

the assumption that people should behave in that mode is asinine.  you think you should just be able to go in and be cooperative with randoms when the choice of friend and crew is obviously there for cooperative play (because you can set rules with your friends, duh; much like your trying to impose on everyone who plays), solo is obviously for solo, and go is: I get what I get, but I don't mind rolling with the punches.

I have 11 player kills, so i'm no griefer, I just don't think I have the right to ruin their fun when I can just play solo or with friends so easily and everyone can have a good time their way.  it's starting to turn into gta Nazi Germany.  stand at attention when you play with me!!

Play the game the way you want to play it. Don't like other people attacking you? Create a private room. Like attacking others? Join the pubs. Nothing in the game says one has to pvp and nothing in the game says one has to play nice. However, how you play the game will still alter how other people view you. If you're conscious of this then morals come into play. If you don't care then that's up to you.

It's not so much an assumption as it is a desire for some people.

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:24 PM Edited by daalni, 02 November 2013 - 11:35 PM.

Play the game the way you want to play it. Don't like other people attacking you? Create a private room. Like attacking others? Join the pubs. Nothing in the game says one has to pvp and nothing in the game says one has to play nice. However, how you play the game will still alter how other people view you. If you're conscious of this then morals come into play. If you don't care then that's up to you.

It's not so much an assumption as it is a desire for some people.

absolutely. the root of the problem is people cannot fathom people wanting to play the game differently than they do, and they equate those differences to real life personality traits.  "they killed my "not a real person" by destroying my "not a real car", paid for the damages, but then killed me again!  what kind of person would do such a thing?!"  we act like the bullets really hurt, and we wont get our cars back with one more phone call than normal...  screw the morals, where has your sense of fun gone?

with the options to set up games within your own guidelines, people need to understand that when you play publicly, you're agreeing to play according to 15 other people's idea of fun meshing together, not forcing 15 other people to bow down to your idea.  (again, not a griefer, i have less kills than any of you probably) and you seriously can't expect that people wont want to do some killing since rockstar so kindly gave them the option in free roam.  if you came in thinking that, you're either lying to yourself or very, very naïve.

that, and people need to stop taking it so personally.  you're just an objective for someone to get a great weapon tint.  and sometimes, it's pretty creative.  i had a guy be kind enough to pick me up from the police chasing me in his helicopter, just to fly at a skyscraper, jump out and let me blow up without realizing it.  ( i was shooting)  it was awesome!  it was pretty hilarious.  I've been run over hella, i learned my lesson, but when i see it happen or when it does happen still...  ...HILARIOUS.  stop taking it all so seriously.  it's an online sandbox, and when you play there, you're agreeing to let other people play with your crap too. 

• ProudDunceCapOwner likes this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:10 AM Edited by GankThis110, 03 November 2013 - 05:11 AM.

I've very rarely(if ever) have tried to block/avoid players. Hell, I may even prefer them if they were fun enough to mess with. If I see some douchebag talking smack on the mic or just being a dick towards low lvls, I'm trollin /griefing the sh*t out of them.

Troll itself is such an overused word. Just disagreeing with people and you'll be called a "troll"That's why I don't put trolls and jerks in the same category. Sure, you can have a jerk trying to troll and think he's funny, but it just ends up being borderline bullying. Trolls(from my experiences) try to do/sayn crazy sh*t and just make people laugh, which may include f*cking with the real pricks.

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:48 PM Edited by LeSuede, 03 November 2013 - 12:53 PM.

I like to grief and troll people in GTAO. But racism and sh*t is just wrong.

I agree. I generally only troll those asking for it anyway. I made myself a "nemesis" in bad sport in the form of an angry gangster who thinks that I'm from Kosovo despite taking a spanish accent lol. Trolled him hard in gen chat, chain killed him, stole his tank, bounty spam, he still refuses to admit losing to me which makes him even more of a lolcow.

But more often than not I'm a nice guy and if you've got a mic, I'll generally always give you a chance. Unless you are a douchebag...or an annoying kid/guys screaming nonsense down his mic.

I also had a guy yesterday message everyone in the looby saying "cum at me u c*nts", so i did and killed him about 6-7 times before he started running away. Didn't kill me once, got close at one point because of cops, etc but I do love my egochasers. It's crazy the number of players who don't actually use the phone abilities/food.

Got also called a hacker for hiding in the subway system because they couldn't find me when I had a bounty on me, I even texted them tips lol

rebelsaurusrex
  • rebelsaurusrex

Lost MC patchmember

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

I don't know about the community on PS3 but I'm fully aware that any game with mic support on 360 is going to be filled with kids running around shouting things like gay and racial slurs. But the beauty of that situation is the simple yet effective mute button.

As far as trolls, if you want to carry out some errands un-molested I suggest a private room. If your in a free roam server you should expect to be chased, shot at, blown up. Its part of the free roam experience. Now I try to not do it so hard as to be a troll but when bored of missions/races I spend my time rolling 3-4 deep around a free roam lobby killing whoever is unfortunate enough to come across my path. To me its just good fun and it happens to be alot as well. There are a few options to removing yourself from such a situation such as going into passive mode or simply changing to another server.

My advice, find a good crew that will come to your call if you find yourself getting killed in free roam or simply go to private matches if you don't wish to be killed at random. And never I mean never go afk in a free roam match if not in your house because when I see afk I see that as an easy way to rank up my stealth and my PvP KD ratio.

C4goesBOOM
  • C4goesBOOM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

I've come to view finding amicable and cooperative players as the true easter eggs in the online version. Much like scripted eggs you have to go through a lot of sh*te to find that one gem but persistence pays off. Like most I was initially frustrated by the volume of trolls. Repeated deaths, interrupted free roam and juvenile spewing banter became the norm. But every once and a while I found a bit of cooperative spirit. More and more players became preferred players. Some became friends. Eventually I found a crew that fit. The amazing part is my opinion has made a 180. Now I hope to come across trolls because I'm rarely alone. Kill me once, OK. Kill me twice and the call goes out. No bounty. No need to waste hard earned cash on a troll. Just a cooperative crew that will make the trolls life h*ll until he/she runs away crying. Ah, sweet justice...

Nice.

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

I don't know about the community on PS3 but I'm fully aware that any game with mic support on 360 is going to be filled with kids running around shouting things like gay and racial slurs. But the beauty of that situation is the simple yet effective mute button.

As far as trolls, if you want to carry out some errands un-molested I suggest a private room. If your in a free roam server you should expect to be chased, shot at, blown up. Its part of the free roam experience. Now I try to not do it so hard as to be a troll but when bored of missions/races I spend my time rolling 3-4 deep around a free roam lobby killing whoever is unfortunate enough to come across my path. To me its just good fun and it happens to be alot as well. There are a few options to removing yourself from such a situation such as going into passive mode or simply changing to another server.

My advice, find a good crew that will come to your call if you find yourself getting killed in free roam or simply go to private matches if you don't wish to be killed at random. And never I mean never go afk in a free roam match if not in your house because when I see afk I see that as an easy way to rank up my stealth and my PvP KD ratio.

lol I feign afk just waiting for guys like you!  oh, you wanna sneak up on my while you think i'm afk?  how does this rocket taste? lol 

• teh_g likes this

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

I joined the mission Landing Gear, ok so I said I will fly a plane with another person grabbing a plane and then I pointed the others to the Buzzard Attack Choppers parked across from the plane hangar. and told them to fly those and defend us from the choppers that attack us in planes.  So no one bothers to get in a Buzzard and when both of us in planes are shot down, some bitch says, "So the kids crash the planes"  I yelled into the mic, "No you stupid bitch we were shot down cuz you tards stayed at the airport waiting for your reward instead of doing your part!!!!"  Then I was kicked by the other players!!! I assume because I called that stupid bitch a bitch!!!!

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

I've said it before and i'll say it again.

People should apply for a license to have kids.

• GrndZero likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

1. Wowowowow ladies, this is just a game.

2. How I act on a game does NOT represent who I am in real life.

3. This is a lesson you must stand by: If you are a victim, you will always be one.

4. Crying on a forum about how people behave is no good.

5. My only wish is that my victims bodies didn't dissapear so quickly so that I could pour petrol on their corpses and burn them to add to my photo collection.

1. "ladies." Clever. My high school football coach used to call us "ladies." You can imagine what we all thought of him.

2. Perhaps you are the exception, but I'm guessing that much of the language I hear other players use is not limited to just online. In my opinion, people who drop F-bombs, N-bombs, etc. etc. don't understand how cliché, unintelligent, and uncreative they sound. For me, I'd rather tell someone, "I just made you my turtle!" after beating them in a race, rather than the boring old, "you my b**ch!" uhg.

3. There is truth in this, but there are times when being victimized is not a choice, but a result. The best way to handle it is to remove oneself from the event (aka quit the game for a while and have a hot pocket!).

4. You may be confusing "crying" with "thoughtful discussion," in which case the latter is always good, in my opinion.

5. That pretty much sums it up for me. lol!! 

cheers!! 

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Lol i never saw the point in attackin players in free mode....im usually busy in missions....rinsing them to waste time with kids in free roam

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:47 AM Edited by muhmuhhuh, 05 November 2013 - 12:48 AM.

There really are some idiots about. Just bought myself a Cognoscenti Cabrio, nice but nothing too flashy. thought I would take it the mod shop just to have a play around. As soon as i step out I drive past a player and just let them on their way. They turn around and start shooting. I think "meh" and drive off. I get out of my car and take cover behind a corner just incase. 

The idiot drives after me, crashes his car and the collision forces a lampost to fall over and knock me out! In the ensuing confusion he kills me and steals my car (even though he cant do anything with it) tries to sell it and then get sticky bombed by myself outside the shop. The cops are all over me (why!?) and he has wrecked my car so I cant even escape. Sod it I just left online. 

So annoying at times when all you are trying to do is cruise around for a few minutes. 

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

There really are some idiots about. Just bought myself a Cognoscenti Cabrio, nice but nothing too flashy. thought I would take it the mod shop just to have a play around. As soon as i step out I drive past a player and just let them on their way. They turn around and start shooting. I think "meh" and drive off. I get out of my car and take cover behind a corner just incase. 

The idiot drives after me, crashes his car and the collision forces a lampost to fall over and knock me out! In the ensuing confusion he kills me and steals my car (even though he cant do anything with it) tries to sell it and then get sticky bombed by myself outside the shop. The cops are all over me (why!?) and he has wrecked my car so I cant even escape. Sod it I just left online. 

So annoying at times when all you are trying to do is cruise around for a few minutes. 

I do all my "cruising" in Invite/Crew sessions. Save a lot of hassle when I don't want to worry about people.

As for the guy you mentioned. He's not an idiot. He was playing the game. He's not there to please you. You're not there to please him. You're both there to play the game as you see fit, just your goals at that time clashed. Sure, it's annoying, but if you're that annoyed about it, play in a private session because complaining about it will do nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users