Photo

Discussion:Online Players Maturity/Attitudes/Morals

193 replies to this topic
cut-thr-oat
  • cut-thr-oat

Just another murderer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

My experience online has generally been positive - even in random rooms. There are a few griefers and trash-talkers here and there, but by and large the majority of players seem to play fairly and "nicely" relative to what is expected from players in a game like GTA. Even though GTA is a game that promotes causing mayhem, there is a big difference between doing that within the game's boundaries and subverting the boundaries.

I think killing people in free-roam is fair. So long as you are doing it in a way that is fair, which to me means no hacking or cheating to get some kind of advantage. There are many easy ways to avoid getting killed in free-roam if you don't like it, and of course you have the freedom to kill your killer in return. I think it's fun hunting down and killing people in free-roam, and so far I've been able to do it while maintaining good sport status, so I think I do that in a fair way.

That said, I think Bad Sport lobbies should actually be reserved for people who are "bad sports" in the sense that we consider bad sports in real life. People who spoil a game for whatever reason (usually because they're losing, but it could be for any reason). A bad sport in GTA should be (to list a few examples) someone who is racist on the mic, someone who purposely hurts or kills their teammates on missions (like by blowing out their tires or causing explosions near them on purpose), and glitchers/hackers. Not people who are having fun in free-roam and playing the game fairly. That would mean Rockstar has to do more work monitoring reports and make it easier to report players from your last session, but it would be worth it in the long run.

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

So far I have found the world of online GTA to resemble the 3 bears porridge.

There are some complete idiots.  People with no skill, social ability or manners.  You join random <game> and then someone swears, or cusses, or calls you a scrub for joining 'their' game.  This applies to school kids, many teens and some 'special' adults.

There are some players whom are tolerable.  They talk incessant sh*t, they're loud, and they are bad at the game.  They mean well. Or the opposite, highly skilled at gaming but aren't great people.  Majority of playerbase.

There are some gamers who are brilliant.  Fun, polite, tech savvy, and good at gaming.  1 kid, a few teens, a few young adults, mainly those 25+ with families.

I class my crew and I in the latter 2, we don't let the first kind through the door.  Or we punish them in-game, tears mandatory.

There's a strong correlation between all 3 GTA player types in this forum.  Would be nice to have a forum for the 3rd kind.. Oh wait, that's my crew site!

• PkUnzipper likes this

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

I'm guilty. I have already found myself ripping into trolls and those who lack common sense. I torment those who choose to hide behind their overused memes and spout "U Mad" because, in fact, I am mad.

I just witnessed my friend's sister's 2y.o son hit the family dog in the face with a stick. Not a twig. A dry stick. Prime example for the type of people who spend far too many hours on the web. Bad parenting, lax discipline and a severe lack of respect.

I grew up in an area where corporal punishment was not only mainstream, some parents requested that teachers be allowed to physically discipline kids. It was like learning in a jail. Nowadays kids literally get away with attempted murder.

The age of the internet has made it far too easy for little psychos to share their ideas and tactics. But on that same note-- where would we be without the World Wide Web?

This comes to mind:

albert-einstein-quote.png?w=590

It's so true! Human interaction has been reduced to bumping our phones together or sending things like "r u OK irregardless".
I find it hard to take.
  • PkUnzipper likes this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:41 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 30 October 2013 - 05:44 PM.

My experience online has generally been positive - even in random rooms. There are a few griefers and trash-talkers here and there, but by and large the majority of players seem to play fairly and "nicely" relative to what is expected from players in a game like GTA. Even though GTA is a game that promotes causing mayhem, there is a big difference between doing that within the game's boundaries and subverting the boundaries.

I think killing people in free-roam is fair. So long as you are doing it in a way that is fair, which to me means no hacking or cheating to get some kind of advantage. There are many easy ways to avoid getting killed in free-roam if you don't like it, and of course you have the freedom to kill your killer in return. I think it's fun hunting down and killing people in free-roam, and so far I've been able to do it while maintaining good sport status, so I think I do that in a fair way.

That said, I think Bad Sport lobbies should actually be reserved for people who are "bad sports" in the sense that we consider bad sports in real life. People who spoil a game for whatever reason (usually because they're losing, but it could be for any reason). A bad sport in GTA should be (to list a few examples) someone who is racist on the mic, someone who purposely hurts or kills their teammates on missions (like by blowing out their tires or causing explosions near them on purpose), and glitchers/hackers. Not people who are having fun in free-roam and playing the game fairly. That would mean Rockstar has to do more work monitoring reports and make it easier to report players from your last session, but it would be worth it in the long run.

I agree with you on the right of gamers having the right to do PvP in FM, because we all paid money to enjoy the game. HOWEVER

They need to do so in an Invite Only session.  Where their style of game play doesn't adversely impact other ppls style of game play like mine.  And where they can invite like minded, CONSENTING individuals and turn FM into one big TDM lobby as they see fit.

You have to realize that there are many GTA gamers like myself who come online not for the purpose of solely doing PvP in FM.  We choose the regular FM sessions where other players are for the social interaction and higher money reward from activities/side missions that you can't get in SP or Solo sessions.  Player to player interactions which are non confrontational and collaborative in nature--while everyone can still have fun AND/OR make money, improve skills, stats etc. etc. 

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

I agree with you on the right of gamers having the right to do PvP in FM, because we all paid money to enjoy the game. HOWEVER

They need to do so in an Invite Only session.  Where their style of game play doesn't adversely impact other ppls style of game play like mine.  And where they can invite like minded, CONSENTING individuals and turn FM into one big TDM lobby as they see fit.

You have to realize that there are many GTA gamers like myself who come online not for the purpose of solely doing PvP in FM.  We choose the regular FM sessions where other players are for the social interaction and higher money reward from activities/side missions that you can't get in SP or Solo sessions.  Player to player interactions which are non confrontational and collaborative in nature--while everyone can still have fun AND/OR make money, improve skills, stats etc. etc. 

not being a dick, but why should they leave and go to a private session or invite only

in terms you are the person that has the issues, why dont you leave... i see loads of ppl leave when certrain ppl are acting out in a way they cant handle or dont condone.

you are the person that hardly needs the freemode, you do quickjobs or drive to a point and then move from job/mission/race/dm with the votescreen. and when you are in freemode you prob idle for the biggest part. your response prob is gonna be i need ammunation/mods/cloths etc.. well there are more lsc's then the 2 that are mainly used. have you ever been to beekers garage, prob not it hardly gets used in online.  and no one hangs around there for the soul purpose of grieving.

the ppl playing pvp in freeroam actually do something in freeroam.

this game is made for pvp  and bad behaviour, not pve so instead of saying they should leave, you should take action yourself and leave. because noone is gonna listen to you, and their right to do pvp might even be bigger then you want to accept

then again in a couple of months r* will let you choose bad/good sport servers. badsport servers will be pvp , goodsport servers will be more pve , i know for sure this is how it ends.

currently bad sport servers are 100 times more fun, because it has the most ppl that do pvp, dont care about cars blown up etc.

while good sports servers ppl are farming certrain races/mission because they feel the need to keep up with the glitchers with loads of money

Untame Snail
  • Untame Snail

What?

• Members
  • Rwanda

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

I only attack when provoked. Some people freak out and instantly shoot away at any one of the big scary blips moving toward them. That pisses me off. I'll keep all my weapons put away until someone approaches me with one. Then I'll draw it and just have it out, but I still won't do anything until I can see them aiming. There are much better ways to earn RP than being an annoying twat. Plus it's a waste of ammo and health, usually resulting in a wanted level to boot. I just don't get it. Unless there is a bounty on someone, there should be no incentive to kill that person.

Even worse is "Ohh, that car must be a personal vehicle! I'm gonna explode it!"
All that does is cost you money and make you a bad sport. People still do it just for sh*ts and giggles, not realizing that it literally does NOTHING to the other player aside from getting them to call MMI.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

this game is made for pvp  and bad behaviour, not pve so instead of saying they should leave, you should take action yourself and leave. because noone is gonna listen to you, and their right to do pvp might even be bigger then you want to accept

Your idea of the game is made for pvp. Not everyone's. I personally think R* should now do a split in Free Roam and list them like MMO's. PVE or PVP.

R* never came out and stated this game is a PVP kill anyone that gets near you style game play, that is some people's perception. They put measures in there for when that happens but mostly, it is about living the American criminal dream. Finding others that are like minded to steal money from heists/trucks/stores etc..

Yes, it is Free Roam, meaning you can do whatever you want but when it comes down to it, people want a choice, they don't want to come into a game and get ganked at every corner.

I mostly play invite only or closed friends sessions but that cuts me off from others wanting to do things like he posted. I have found new friends doing Race lobbies and we now play on our own terms but I also do not do a lot of missions because to be honest, most of them are just a huge team deathmatch. I do not really play this game for deathmatch and my stats show for it. I will leave that to games like COD and the like.

I realize there is a good portion of people on this forum that will treat my response as tl:dr or I am just whining but I am not.

I see all of these great youtube videos of groups of guys having fun and not mindlessly killing each other but I am afraid I will never run into them since anytime I go into a normal free roam to start any of this, some high on his hi horse kid just ends up trying to gank you.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

There also seem to be a lack of understanding on the concept of friendly trash talk. It brings out the best of us!

But at the end it should always be GG or "damn you whipped my ass good, til next time"

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

This game is made for pvp; however, it's not JUST made for pvp. The game is also made with the ability to cooperate with people and do pve. This game also allows you to do things individually through Invite Only sessions and jobs that allow for 1 player to play it alone. Please don't think this game is meant for pvp alone. It's not.

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:10 PM Edited by Epi, 30 October 2013 - 08:11 PM.

oke so its pvp and pve

but the fact is nub dude wants the pvp-ers to leave because he is too stuborn to do it himself.

so he is bitching while he has the option to switch to new session, or do a crew session, or a solo session or a inv only session

he hardly even uses freemode

your friends stuff makes no sence too, you can chat in mission/races/jobs even in the waiting screen.

hell i hardly hear open talk in freemode anymore, everyone is in party with friends or crew.

but he doesnt want to leave because nooo he also payed for the game, and yes you are right you are allowed to be there, same as you are allowed to have your opinin... well then because now you are stuck with dicks and c*nts wich dont listen to you. hell if i see you online i would spawnkill you for a smoke just for fun knowing it will enrage you

you are the one with the problem, for the pvp-ers there is no problem.

look at yourself be the bigger man, leave... that the power you have... but you have no power over others...

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

"not being a dick, but why should they leave and go to a private session or invite only"<---actually, most of these ppl are already in a sort of "private session" of sorts. It's called the bad sport lobby

"in terms you are the person that has the issues, why dont you leave... i see loads of ppl leave when certrain ppl are acting out in a way they cant handle or dont condone". <---I already do this by default since I can't 100% rely on randoms not doing mental things around me whenever I log on. But in all fairness, this works both ways.  I don't force my pacifist style of game play on PvP mentality gamers.  So why should I--or any other like minded gamer like me--be imposed upon by griefers style of game play? Why should we even have to adjust how we log in online, just to accomodate someone else's aggresive style of game play?  Didn't we all pay for the same privilege to enjoy the game in our own way?

"you are the person that hardly needs the freemode, you do quickjobs or drive to a point and then move from job/mission/race/dm with the votescreen. and when you are in freemode you prob idle for the biggest part. your response prob is gonna be i need ammunation/mods/cloths etc.. well there are more lsc's then the 2 that are mainly used. have you ever been to beekers garage, prob not it hardly gets used in online.  and no one hangs around there for the soul purpose of grieving". <---begging your pardon here, but I thought this was why R* bothered to put mission markers on the map in the first place??? If not, then why bother with any mission markers/side activities?  Why not just get rid of all these and have one big, empty, and non interactive map?  Where all you could do is PvP killing, jacking cars and wreck eternal chaos/mayhem in gode mode around the map?  By your admission, this would've been far less coding effort on the part of the R* devs..  So R* would've saved considerable cost at GTAO launch and made themselves even more money at GTAO launch......

"the ppl playing pvp in freeroam actually do something in freeroam". <---when they aren't acquiring unwanted hospital bills from having themselves and/or their POVs being blown to hell by the likes of griefers that is.......

"this game is made for pvp  and bad behaviour, not pve so instead of saying they should leave, you should take action yourself and leave. because noone is gonna listen to you, and their right to do pvp might even be bigger then you want to accept" <---I'm sick to death of this sorry piss ass type of an excuse.  It's old, stale and 100% illogical.  Yes. GTA is an open crime world sandbox---which is fully realized in SP where you can do a SR3/SR4 style of god mode rampage--without pissing other ppl off.  Or in a Solo Only or Invite Only session.  BUT NOT IN A REGULAR SESSION. Because you do understand that a server is occupied by at most 15 other ppl besides yourself, right?  That those 15 other ppl may NOT necessarily agree with your style of gameplay? That they have the right to be there just as much as you? Which means you need to be considerate of who're on the same session as you? That such a deliberate lack of consideration is an indicator of emotional immaturity?

Which by default I suppose is to be expected, since GTAO is crawling with underage minors. Regardless, I don't care if you want to rampage around LS blowing up cars, anhilating peds and/or other players.  Just don't do that sh*t around me where my char will likely end up dying from an unprovoked attack while in passive mode.  Or from unwanted collateral damage because you insisted on sticky bombing a car and then conveniently place that car next to mine.  Just so you can grief my char when they exit a store.  Or corpse camp them when they get respawned.  That sort of invasion of MY online game experience and game time is complete bullsh*t. Period.

"then again in a couple of months r* will let you choose bad/good sport servers. badsport servers will be pvp , goodsport servers will be more pve , i know for sure this is how it ends." <---I really hope that's the case.  To date, I've noticed the amount of griefing/bad sport activity has gone down considerably since launch. Every mission I've hosted to date has been automatically joined by good sport players who DON"T attempt to screw me over in FM once the mission is over.  So apparently, it seems as though R* has been proactively doing something to address this issue.

"..currently bad sport servers are 100 times more fun, because it has the most ppl that do pvp, dont care about cars blown up etc". <--that is a matter of perspective. Quite naturally, this would be the opinion of "bad sport" labeled gamers because that is the way they prefer to play. Online gaming for them is best experience whenever they're in a PvP confrontational environment.  Doesn't matter if this is in CoD, WoW, BF3..... the Dog-eat-Dog mindset is exactly the same.  So I fully believe it's best that like minded gamers socialize online with other like minded gamers.  But you also have to admit that to date,  there are many complaint threads in these forums of so called "bad sport gamers". Especially the ones who claim they've been "victimized" by the system--after admitting to repeatedly blowing up vehicles and shooting other gamers online. Gamers in these sorts of threads appear to wish they were somewhere else besides being stuck in the bad sport purgatory.  Maybe it's because they can't play with their good sport friends anymore...... :lol:

"while good sports servers ppl are farming certrain races/mission because they feel the need to keep up with the glitchers with loads of money" <---not sure what point you're trying to make here. Are you implying that the good sport glitchers who (legitimately glitch) the game through farming are finding the game boring? Because they're not PKing or creating random havoc in FM attacking unsuspecting or non confrontational players?  If so, your logic is flawed.

While gamers who farm want the same status quo as the bad sport gamers, they're acquiring their wealth through non confronational channels  (i.e. legally doing missions etc). Instead of through anti social means randomly killing ppl in FM.  Which btw, is OUTSIDE OF APPROPRIATE CHANNELS (like TDM missions etc.). If R* designed FM to be a continuous WoW style f*ckfest, then why the hell would the R* devs bother to but TDMs and GTA racer markers on the map otherwise??? Why bother putting in such an overly aggresive cop AI? Why not make everyone a Saints Row god mode fiend and turn the map into one huge death match?  See the inconsistency in this argument here?

There are also some farmers who farm because they can't afford the shark cards for whatever irl reason.  They farm so they can play the game by legitimate means but with better resources (nice safehouse, access to weapons etc) which they can use on missions.  Some farmers just want to flaunt their status quo & bling (like showing off their cars etc) around FM with their friends.  Unlike the griefers whose sole intention after glitching to acquire GTA$ is to buy WMD (planes, tanks, guns etc. etc.) to harrass and annoy ppl the moment they gain an advantage in material wealthBIG difference there bro.

Want more proof? Go on youtube and see what swag all the level 200+ gamers with million dollar bank accounts--but with skills that probably have yet to exceed the 1st skill bar---are bragging about how much of a bad ass they are. :lol: 

• rnb010, GrndZero and BuyMeTheMoon like this

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

We really need different freemodes similar to rdr. Friendly, normal and, hardcore. Would solve a lot (not all) of the playstyle preferences and allow like minded players to enjoy the game with others of the same mentality. I know I pissed off a lot of people already by killing them just because I can, also im not going to sit here and act as though im the best player because im not. But after hour long battles in a free aim freemode where I got the better of other players or had my azz handed to me, ive made friends and rivals with those who enjoyed battling me. Im sure some players who ive killed on sight were just trying to get away by shooting back but I continued to engage them without prejudice because its how I play freemode. If there were different freemode types this would be much less likely to happen since only the expert competitive players would be in the most contested lobby.

Once again i find myself discussing ways for rockstar to improve a game that's not even a month old, when they've said time and again they'll keep building on it as the months go by. It's tough to be patient with a game in so passionate about!

reebs
  • reebs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

The problem is the botched passive mode.  If you could go into passive mode and drive around without being killed it would be one thing, but because you are never "safe" it can get really annoying.

There are plenty of times where I'm actually trying to earn cash by selling cars or what not and I get killed in the process.  I've even started stocking up on the expensive cars in my garage to sell for quick cash.  It's very annoying when I cant even make it two tenths of a mile to the spray shop to sell it without being killed (in passive mode or not).  If passive mode worked correctly, this wouldn't be a problem.

I have no problem with people killing anyone who isn't in passive mode.  That's why passive mode is supposed to exist.  If you aren't in passive mode you are free game....including myself.

But if I don't want to be hassled and make some cash, I should be able to.  Just my two cents.

• rnb010 likes this

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Thankyou OP for posting this,very interesting points of view on all sides,im the sorta person that sees cups half full and everyone has a valid point, Iv found in the thing about gtao it has bought many types of gamers together and for the greater good thats cool in my eyes,I dont play invite only sessions really I enjoy planning my route from apartment to ammo,nation,knowing that 85% of people are gonna try and kill me in FR.I will never randomly attack anyone,but after now in a 8 day in badass ive come to the conclusion that if I get shot for no reason,its on and if your in the line of fire its on too.This is gta,this aint the sims,My attitude is if you see me in FR leave me alone and if you do attack me then I will reign fire on you and everyone in that lobby,till im left alone to go to the mod shop in peace.I coulg give a toss if your or my car gets blown up,ive found in general with now on my 8 days in badass lobbys there really is a greater amount of RESPECT for other players in the BS lobbys,I have met more sociable,friendly,fun,respectful,skilled,intellegent players in badass than the majority in GS,where im sure most have been forced to play invite only lobbys because of idiots.If I see someone earning far surpass their level,ie in races then its challenge on,I dont care how you got what you got,its your own personal pride you gotta live with,nothin in this life is free,and when things comre easy there is no respect attatched,so glitchin is a personal preferance,just not mine.But id love to see you beat me in a clean race.
The being kicked from races and missions thing being a high level and after speaking to other high levels is getting dull,why would you kick someone thats a high level from you mission? Surely with thier higher arsenal its gonna help?And the races then just put catch up on,but I forgot so many races are full of no skilled drivers who can only crash others to win.
Im hoping on the 5th with ghosts we will have a good clear out, of far too many children that for the life of me being a parent myself I do not understand would drive you to allow your child to play gtoa,its cronically damaging to their growing mind.
Slowly but surely you do find decent people to have a laugh and a good challenge with on this game,but we are always gonna have idiots in such game enviroments,and we can all act like one to,be honest
RESPECT is a big key,and for those who dont show you any they aint worth the sh*t on your shoes.
  • PkUnzipper and Caligastia like this

Zirpz121
  • Zirpz121

Commissioner for The Circle Of Trust

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

What does morals have to do with this thread, and especially for Grand Theft Auto, I wonder? Hmmm.. :catloaf:

Universal-Shot
  • Universal-Shot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

Free aim deathmatches are dead so Im up for a deathmatch in free roam. Only races and missions are active for a definite game. 

Nhyles
  • Nhyles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Minus the glitching and obvious cheating I think people act just how they should(Minus the prepubescent squeakers who TRY to sing along with the music) I know that when I enter an online mode that there could be a person with a tank sitting right outside my apartment just waiting to blast someone. I know when I rob a store or steal a high priority vehicle that I need to be on my toes because someone else is there and they are going to try and take what is mine.

I don't care when someone goes on a 100 kill spree and I was 99 of those kills. If i loose to much money from my shenanigans then I just go do missions and make more.

Just remember. If someone is making your life in game hell, there is someone else waiting around the corner to make their life hell too.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:31 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 31 October 2013 - 05:35 PM.

Thankyou OP for posting this,very interesting points of view on all sides,im the sorta person that sees cups half full and everyone has a valid point, Iv found in the thing about gtao it has bought many types of gamers together and for the greater good thats cool in my eyes,I dont play invite only sessions really I enjoy planning my route from apartment to ammo,nation,knowing that 85% of people are gonna try and kill me in FR.I will never randomly attack anyone,but after now in a 8 day in badass ive come to the conclusion that if I get shot for no reason,its on and if your in the line of fire its on too.This is gta,this aint the sims,My attitude is if you see me in FR leave me alone and if you do attack me then I will reign fire on you and everyone in that lobby,till im left alone to go to the mod shop in peace.I coulg give a toss if your or my car gets blown up,ive found in general with now on my 8 days in badass lobbys there really is a greater amount of RESPECT for other players in the BS lobbys,I have met more sociable,friendly,fun,respectful,skilled,intellegent players in badass than the majority in GS,where im sure most have been forced to play invite only lobbys because of idiots.If I see someone earning far surpass their level,ie in races then its challenge on,I dont care how you got what you got,its your own personal pride you gotta live with,nothin in this life is free,and when things comre easy there is no respect attatched,so glitchin is a personal preferance,just not mine.But id love to see you beat me in a clean race.
The being kicked from races and missions thing being a high level and after speaking to other high levels is getting dull,why would you kick someone thats a high level from you mission? Surely with thier higher arsenal its gonna help?And the races then just put catch up on,but I forgot so many races are full of no skilled drivers who can only crash others to win.
Im hoping on the 5th with ghosts we will have a good clear out, of far too many children that for the life of me being a parent myself I do not understand would drive you to allow your child to play gtoa,its cronically damaging to their growing mind.
Slowly but surely you do find decent people to have a laugh and a good challenge with on this game,but we are always gonna have idiots in such game enviroments,and we can all act like one to,be honest
RESPECT is a big key,and for those who dont show you any they aint worth the sh*t on your shoes.

I like you man.  You're a real soldier.  I totally respect you for being honest in what you posted here. (never thought I'd be saying that to a player who got tagged as a "bad sport" btw) :lol:   

Especially about the respect in the bad sport lobbies.  It's interesting to see that the bad sport lobbies have a pecking order just like crime world does irl.  Or like in an irl prison system.  So it sounds like griefer kiddies--especially the ones with inflated bank accounts but with combat skills that have yet to pass the first skill bar---get put in their place on the bad sport servers.  Which is a real good thing IMO.  Because for perhaps the first time in their gaming experience, they're probably realizing there are consequences for their actions. f*cked with a high shooting skill stat solider on a bad sport server recently? Take communion and prepare for the inevitable....   :lol:

I'm still hoping R* will either fix the flawed joke of a system they call passive mode. Make it so that players who use it are truly 100% invulnerable to any kind of damage. That would help structure a lot of the random killing in FM. Because it would likely force a lot of these low skill griefer kiddies--with inflated bank accounts & combat skills below the first skill bar---to change their tactics and play more rationally.  

Ironically, if low combat skill griefers like that were forced to change their tactics, it's likely a god mode version of passive mode would improve their K/D stat faster.  Because they'd have to become better shots at trying to PvP other killers who weren't in passive mode--and so looking to annihilate their pitiful existence for that very reason....   :lol:  

edit: and I do hope CoD ends up flushing most of the gankers into its sewers.  Permanently.

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by uptownrockstar, 31 October 2013 - 05:57 PM.

Gtao has allot of parallels to reality. You demand and earn respect, you don't request it.

When a random kills me, I call it street beef. Like real life you can't control someone's actions, only your own. We do what we do, until someone has enough and leaves. Simple

Good example is my crew hanging out at the chopshop near sunset the other day. We have at least 3 phantoms out, this random comes through in a white addler. He sees us standing around our cars, and hits his horn before going in the chopshop. He left, came back again hit the horn and left. The third time he came through one of our low levels threw a grenade "in his direction". He backed out the spot, came back and threw a grenade at our cars(which must have cost him around 80k)

We killed him and his buddy for a while, THEN he called a truce by pulling up to one of us in his addler and hitting the horn. My friend got in, and went with the guy to his house. He then invited us all over, joined our party, and CREW.

We earned his respect, and membership

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

I've never been put in the bad sport lobby. I blow up the people trying to get the Simeon green car thing, I kill people who come near me (because I won't be killed by them first) and I wait around corners for people to ccome out of the LSC to fire my Combat MG into their nicely fresh upgraded car :D. It's all in the name of fun. My whole crew is like it rofl.

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by silentunion, 31 October 2013 - 08:17 PM.

oke so its pvp and pve

but the fact is nub dude wants the pvp-ers to leave because he is too stuborn to do it himself.

so he is bitching while he has the option to switch to new session, or do a crew session, or a solo session or a inv only session

he hardly even uses freemode

your friends stuff makes no sence too, you can chat in mission/races/jobs even in the waiting screen.

hell i hardly hear open talk in freemode anymore, everyone is in party with friends or crew.

but he doesnt want to leave because nooo he also payed for the game, and yes you are right you are allowed to be there, same as you are allowed to have your opinin... well then because now you are stuck with dicks and c*nts wich dont listen to you. hell if i see you online i would spawnkill you for a smoke just for fun knowing it will enrage you

you are the one with the problem, for the pvp-ers there is no problem.

look at yourself be the bigger man, leave... that the power you have... but you have no power over others...

My point is while there is stealing, etc, inside the game, bad behaviour does not have to happen. Sure, one can leave a session; however, there are reason why the bad sport pool exist. If the game was about promoting bad behaviour, we wouldn't have a bad sport pool.

You sound just as upset that someone would be complaining about it. Also, there are different kinds of pvper's. You assume that every pvper is like you. They aren't.

For someone who's apparently played MMO's a long time, you sound like your experience is quite limited. You should realise by now not everyone's like you and here to conform to your ideas.

Acegunn
  • Acegunn

Weather Wonk

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

It's simple really: little children are intrigued by the standards of GTA V and basically every other video game with a similarly high degree of violence. They love the hot rods, weapons and barbaric, selfish activities you can carry out in GTA V. They feel as if by carrying out these actions against others they can feel glorified and robust.

It's plausible to say that certain children are aroused by violence in general, which is why they play games like GTA and COD. This leads to the basis behind the level of "maturity" some find to be very low in GTA Online. Little kids have taken over the realms of Los Santos; pip-squeaking, chipmunk motherf*ckers are consistently prevalent amongst most players in sessions. Some see this as an epidemic.

As for all these racist, white-trash, Coors light swigging ignoramuses on GTA Online? Pfft, they've got nothing better to do with their lives. Farming season is practically over, that means it's time for GTA for the toothpick toting hooligans.

Annd what you just posted was not rascist? Or even sterotypical? Double Standards much?

Taylor7500
  • Taylor7500

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

Sexism and Racism etc aside (and this is an internet based game, so there's never going to be a shortage of those) I find people generally being douches is the main concern. Yes there should be gunfights etc etc so don't start having a go at me for that, but when it comes to things like spawn camping (especially if they're sniping you so you've got little chance of getting them back) then there should be a way of adding bad sport to this person (maybe if they get 3 kills on you in the space of a minute without you killing them back or something).

ZeroDivision
  • ZeroDivision

Veteran Survivor

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

To the OP's topic, I think that the general root of problems stem from the lack of consequences for their actions. It's the obvious answer, but it's also got the most credence. In reality, talking disparagingly about the aforementioned topics (sexuality, racism, etc.) directly to a person's face is going to have immediate consequences, such as being ostracized from a social group or being put under the threat of legal or physical assault. There are plenty of cases where talking about these things a certain way earns you an elbow to the face or being sued. Happens all the time, especially with being sued.

But online, those threats vanish. People can say whatever they want without fear of any real reprisal. Yeah it can get you banned, but often most won't go through the steps necessary to get the person in question kicked out (some will, of course, but the percentage of people who will vs. people who won't is pretty lopsided, so it can take awhile to build up a sufficient paper trail), and it does little to stop a die hard troll from simply creating another account and resuming his terror streak (GTA:V, rather amusingly, specifically addresses this in the mission where Michael rescues his son).

I disagree with the earlier post that people are different online than they are offline. Sure, they probably talk and act differently in the real world, but as before it's due to the consequences of socially unacceptable actions. I feel that online you're actually seeing the real person more than if you were to actually, physically know the person in question. I'm not talking about the way they talk so much as how they act in the virtual universe. Being a poor sport, stabbing people in the back, or deliberately attempting to ruin another person's gaming experience are personality traits. If a person did not have those traits, they would be unable to act on them in any universe, not just an online one. We all have the ability to act a certain way, but it's your personality that ultimately judges whether or not we act on those impulses.

Specific to GTA:O, it has it's share of trolls like any online game. What is nice about this game is that we have ways of getting even or avoiding the problem. Passive mode isn't perfect, but it's something at least. For me, I stay the hell away from other players whenever I can. Those who come after me, I kill. If they kill me, then I will usually try to level the score, going to great lengths to do so sometimes. I almost never start a fight unless it's over a crate or something, and in that case I'd say it's warranted aggression.

And if somebody is really bothering you, this game also provides ways of getting even or getting away from the problem (new session, etc.) Whining about getting killed over and over unfairly isn't going to do anything beyond making you look like a crybaby. Instead, find a way to get even and act on it, or find a way out. If you aren't willing to go the distance to get what you want, then I don't know what to tell you. Nobody can help you if you don't want to help yourself.

• PkUnzipper and SmokeyB34Rx like this

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

This game is made for pvp; however, it's not JUST made for pvp. The game is also made with the ability to cooperate with people and do pve.

And this is when the game absolutely shines.

People have been coming up with the risible excuse "Oh, well, it's GTA".  That's true, but I must have missed the part where that means people need to be total and utter dickheads all the time.  Sadly, for some people, that's what the game means to them.

Remoy
  • Remoy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:37 AM Edited by Remoy, 01 November 2013 - 07:40 AM.

I think the huge problem we see here, is that the GTA franchise has been with (probably) most of us many years now, and it means different things to different people. To me for example, i find that the world of GTA is about freedom, freedom to do what you want while not caring about consequences, steal cars, planes, boats, blow sh*t up and just have a good time. And if your car/plane/boat exploded and killed a few hundred people in the process up to that, well, fine... who cares. When the first game came out on playstation i was so sold (though i loved gta years before that from the older games :)), the open world, the possibilities.. everything..

To me that means that its just a game where i can have fun, i sometimes just turn on the game and ride around in my car for an hour, perhaps steal a plane or a helicopter and just mess around, brawl with the cops and what not. And what could possibly be better than doing this with friends or other likeminded people. Just look at the things that have spawned with GTA online lately, car clubs/meets, fight clubs, hangout crews, you name it.

To me, thats where GTA online was born from, but of course we had to have the ability to kill each other, because this is indeed GTA, where you can do what you want. And having "friendly fire" (if you want to go there) on by default spawns a different level of gameplay, morale. Some have it, according to some, some don't, according to someone else.

I myself have no need what so ever to shoot 500 people in the head, or blow up their cars, just because i can. I don't really care if someone kills me either, but i get pretty happy when they don't. I much rather like to do random stuff like missions, or just trolling the cops, flying around, doing stunts, races, whatever. I get my "need" for "pvp" as some of you refer to, satisfied via other shooters like battlefield, CS and call of duty, because thats what those games are about. There isn't really another kind of gameplay with those games, you are either on one team or the other. GTA online is not like that, here you can choose freely who to look upon as a friend of foe.

But at the same time, i understand that not everyone see the game through my eyes and may have a completely different idea about what this game actually is, to them it may be all about being the biggest asshat at all times, killing all the people they can, then molesting them all with a baseball bat in order, what do i know.. to them its probably the way the game is meant to be played. For me, not so much.

TLDR: We can probably debate what kind of game GTA Online should be, but there will never be a definitive answer because people have so many different ideas about what this game actually is.

(The only complaint about GTA Online i have at the moment though is that parents needs to check what games their children play, as I've met more people under the age of 18 (way under, to the point where its not really okay anymore) then over the age limit, which is there for a good reason.)

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, just my 4.563  cents :)

-Remoy

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

why is there even a pinned discussion how the stupidity of others hiding behind the interwebs?

we all know how they act in real life, and it's pretty obvious that anything you can do or say, these people will never stop and never change simply because they can hide under a false name with boarded up windows at mommies house.

then people come on here writing paragraphs about what they have seen like it's uncommon? or it will help? lol... noobs.

mute. report. ignore. whatever. move on.

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:36 AM

Again lots of really interesting points,now im xbox all the way and I can see now why gtao came out on the 360,I dont know wether anyone has looked into the new repretation system on the xb1,but gta just wouldnt work.But saying that you could put all these various types of gamers with their types of online behaviour in to several groups, and its the 1 mans poisen is another mans gold,what 1 group of people might find awesome really may annoy another group and vica versa.So with this new system lets all hope it works and we will automatically be placed in an online lobby with like minded people for the future of gaming in general.
And I to think passive mode is totally stupid,wt it took less then 10 hours for someone to figure to glitch it,EPIC FAIL R*.
Weather or not you are a fan of wmos or mmos,it is a shame that seeing as gta has attracted the wmo mmo player and got a hell of alot of people enjoying having pvp type battles;that again which im sure every one wants;gave us a standard pve pvp mode,b6t at present we are stuck with bs and gs lobbys, maybe indefinitly.
Well the weekend is upon us so their willbe even more neglected children online with the holidays going on,so another weekend of shinanagins,I look forward to mondays because at least if I am on gtao I will have more of a change of gaming with gamers that are not 2 cans short of a sixpack.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

tbh ive had a mixed experience, ive been greifed a few time delivering cars to simeon and the other day some guys were talking in open chat about following me to LSC customs... but knowing they were both sat outside guns aimed and giggling to themselves with their prepubescent laughs, i took the high road and joined a quick race from my phone, offering a friendly "good-bye" as my character disappeared from inside LSC.... oddly enough i spent the next 2 hours racing around with the same group of 12 peeps who were all looking for "clean Races" and we had a wicked time churning cash and RP in "the commute" ... yes we got pisse doff at the occasonal dodge n smash sunday driver,,, but the fact the top 4 places were always taken by one fo the regualr crowd meant the smash n grabs left pretty quick and we all enjoyed some good slipstreaming clean overtakes and fast track times...

ive also ended up in a lobby with about 6 bad sports, there were heavy battles going on, one girl murking everyone with her tank, i ended up picking up a few bad sports and dropping them off at cars or ammunations when sh*t got crazy as i was jsut flying around the city a a safe distance to watch the carnage and police vehicles flying past me... earning the respect of the bad sports they all protected me from tankgirl and her barrage of shells... which was nice...

all in all its a world full of every type of person you can think of... if you getting killed too much to enjoy yourself in FM, join a job and quit,, youll be dumped in a new session (with friends if theyre online)... my opinion si that if you arent enjoying your session, change it... unlike the real world when we are faced with degenerate A-holes you can either

A) shoot them in the face

b) take out a hit for the bigger badder mutha f*ckers in the lobby to hunt them down

c) join a new lobby/quick and get your ass out of there

D) start an invite only session and stay in it on your own driving a ruffian around the LS river and hitting flips and jumps off the bridges (whihc i love)

at the end of the day we all own a game, its our game to do with as we please (albeit together at the same time), some people will cheat and steal,, most people want to earn things for themselves... some are better than others at driving or shooting, some people have money, some people lose money, some people have no money at all... but its YOUR game... make of it what you willcos thats just life...

SkyMiteFall
  • SkyMiteFall

You a Busta

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

In all honesty, I believe most of the kids (some adults) act out on the internet because they can't get away with it in real life.

I'm almost done college and i feel like I'm in the minority now. I get called a pathetic loser by 16 year olds when i say my age because apparently I'm too old for games.

I approach online like real life, i treat people with respect until they disrespect me or my friends. If someone kills me its no big deal, but if they won't stop then i get em back, I've been playing shooters for a long time so...

Also, being from Philadelphia, I'm friends with a lot of diverse people, racism doesn't exist here..and if it does its very private, i treatcloset xbox racists like what they are, dirt.

I really think that teens are just pretending to be what they aren't in real life: hard, scary, bullies, assholes, etc. I was at the gta midnight release and not to be narcissistic but there was a lot of weird, nerdy looking kids there. Like i felt out of place just being there with my friends...we're all pretty good looking normal dudes lol..
Then i thought, these are the people online calling us fags and losers 24/7...these are the same people who swear they're the sh*t on a game.

I guess the majority of the jerks you meet online are just lonely bums who look like they get beat up a lot, and that's what you gotta tell yourself; at the end of the day you know you're better than them.
  • mo-seph likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users