Photo

Discussion:Online Players Maturity/Attitudes/Morals

193 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

There are alot of debates sparking around how players act online.

Whether it is in regard to racism, sexists, or just lack of common courtesy, we can all agree that there are alot of terrible people out there.

This thread will be the official topic for this sort of discussion.

Knowing how controversial things can get, we will be monitoring this thread closely. 

Keep the discussion mature and respectful. If someone is trolling/spamming/flaming, report them and ignore. They will be dealt with.

• Ramyhyday and AbandonedMovie like this

Lordgodofhell
  • Lordgodofhell

Real life ghost

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

Yay a mod discussion!

My solution to dealing with these types of people disrupting your experience is simple, mute them.

If you never want to see them again, block them.

Hopefully you have friends and can fill a lobby with invites via private session. Those are still the most fun for me. 8v8 crew battles in free roam.

I am personally not affected by the attitudes of these children. (even if you're 40, you're a child if you do these things.)

God the examples I could give are downright horrid the things these trolls say.

• Caligastia and madmanaz like this

SmokeyB34Rx
  • SmokeyB34Rx

The Revelator

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

I've come to view finding amicable and cooperative players as the true easter eggs in the online version. Much like scripted eggs you have to go through a lot of sh*te to find that one gem but persistence pays off. Like most I was initially frustrated by the volume of trolls. Repeated deaths, interrupted free roam and juvenile spewing banter became the norm. But every once and a while I found a bit of cooperative spirit. More and more players became preferred players. Some became friends. Eventually I found a crew that fit. The amazing part is my opinion has made a 180. Now I hope to come across trolls because I'm rarely alone. Kill me once, OK. Kill me twice and the call goes out. No bounty. No need to waste hard earned cash on a troll. Just a cooperative crew that will make the trolls life h*ll until he/she runs away crying. Ah, sweet justice...

• lilpokerface, Lordgodofhell, Revoltion and 2 others like this

casualsunday
  • casualsunday

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

@Kracus (since the thread got locked)

You mentioned you are okay with cash cards since they're spending their earned money. You also mentioned you hate how you go into a race and hate how people who didn't earn it like you beat you because it's fully modded and you lose. 

When/If the cash cards come out. say a level 20 has a fully modded Entity and beats you. Do you throw a fit? How do you know if he's a glitcher or not?

(If this belongs elseware, lmk)

• Whysoserious5150 likes this

gnad1992the.return
  • gnad1992the.return

since 2007

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

I like to grief and troll people in GTAO. But racism and sh*t is just wrong.

• malcolmfunktion, EGarrett and Zeeno like this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

@Kracus (since the thread got locked)

You mentioned you are okay with cash cards since they're spending their earned money. You also mentioned you hate how you go into a race and hate how people who didn't earn it like you beat you because it's fully modded and you lose. 

When/If the cash cards come out. say a level 20 has a fully modded Entity and beats you. Do you throw a fit? How do you know if he's a glitcher or not?

(If this belongs elseware, lmk

First I'd like to mention I'm not complaining. I'm simply pointing out a fallacy in logic that glitchers tend to fabricate to justify their abuse of the system.

Second I agreed to play by the rules Rockstar has laid out. They include cash cards. I'm not a fan of them but i'm not going to complain when I see someone using them.

Third, whether I know you're glitching or not makes no difference as to whether or not it's fair when I play against a glitcher. The fact is, if you cheated and I lose to you in a race for example then you have in fact affected my game in the sense that I'm progressing through it at a slower pace than I MIGHT have otherwise.

• vozone likes this

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:51 PM Edited by Epi, 29 October 2013 - 06:54 PM.

i think some ppl have a weird sence about mmo games.

this isnt real life your moral standards dont count here and dont have to be uphold.

player respect is something only "fresh" players have.. i dont even call it respect anymore i call it ignorance.

the fact of the matter is, that it feels sh*tty to be at the short end of the stick

but there is also someone at the long end of the stick having fun. so it balances out. you just dont here the other person

also i you think you will find alot of players that uphold some honer or really want to interact with you that you choose the wrong game.

gta glorifies sex,drugs, superficial looks, fraud, gangs, gangsters, robberies etc.... i mean hello torture mission?

this attracts certrain ppl, ppl that want to have fun themselfs not have fun with other ppl. especialy on a console where the age is just a bit lower then mmo's on pc's

also gta attracks players that normaly arnt into mmo's or multiplayer games that arnt fps. you my friend are the minority atm not the grievers.

you should change your own point of view and morals in gta or you are never gonna have fun.

you come here make a topic about being shot after a mission/race/dm means you also could have been the shooter. even a donkey doesnt make the same mistake twice. but yet you try to force your believes on others thinking that you are moraly superior, wich you clearly others, and seeing you arnt the one with the power no one will take you seriously , o contrair you will make yourself more wanted because they know you are a rager.

gta also isnt a coop game in terms of randoms. thats why you make crews or join crews.

wich in terms also serves ppl like you.

get a crew make a inv only session have ppl play with you with the same mindset.

but dont expect that same mindset in a game with randoms.

my deffinition of fun prob is way different then yours. 

sorry for the bad grammar

ow and for your refference, im no 20-er anymore, im a ex top 200 guild wow player, an ex ultima online player, ex everquest player, diamond league lol player and gold league starcraft player, i have seen loads of mmo's

and the same topics come by at all the games 

• lc146391, ROADSIDE_BUM, Cstream and 2 others like this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

I don't think anyone is arguing about the differences between an mmo and GTA. We're mostly discussing the moral aspects of cheating in an online game. Whether it be an MMO or otherwise.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by Crimson_Wolf, 29 October 2013 - 07:13 PM.

I don't think anyone is arguing about the differences between an mmo and GTA. We're mostly discussing the moral aspects of cheating in an online game. Whether it be an MMO or otherwise.

I can tell you easily why people glitch in multiplayer games.

• They want the unfair advantage
  • They're impatient and want to unlock everything and get the most expensive items now
  • For some reason or another, they're unable to actually make in-game money and the only way they can make money is by glitching.
  • They're just lazy and don't want to put the time and effort into it.

Does anyone disagree?

• PkUnzipper, vozone and christo976 like this

Psykonaut
  • Psykonaut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

player respect is something only "fresh" players have.. i dont even call it respect anymore i call it ignorance.

This is part of whats wrong with the gaming community... lack of respect for other human beings.

• vozone, BuyMeTheMoon and Kry5s like this

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

dunno,

this topic isnt about that , this isnt you locked topic

and the moral aspects stay the same. you just cant handle the truth

if you confirm gta isnt like another mmo you just f-ed yourself in the b , because you want the same morals here as in a regular mmo

cheating in a game is lame, but glitching is not cheating

farming is not cheating nor glitching, but the end result is the same.

yes micro transactions might gonna be pushed (we dont know seeing there are non atm) but gta o still isnt pay to win. you lose a race against an adder ? your poor excuse now is he glitched... but you dont know, you are making an assumption . why to feel beter about yourself and denie the fact that you just lost. he might aswell farmed missions races etc. you just feel sh*t and your ego is making excuses

fact of the matter is and stays, you are the minority and noone is gonna uphold your moral standards just because you feel (because it nothing more then an opinion) that its wrong.

if you have such strong believes you should only play games where you interact in a crew/guild and you can go passive pve instead of pvp.

history is written by winner not whinners

l

• Cstream and StayTrue like this

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

This is part of whats wrong with the gaming community... lack of respect for other human beings.

but if you are the 1% it means 99% think different from you.

and seeing all *cough*  sociaties have a democratie it means that sure you can have a voice, but the majority wins. so there is nothing wrong... you are the outsider here.

lack of respect for other human beings in a game wich is ment to shoot and kill eachother and rob.

plz go play minecraft of something

Longtonguehuey
  • Longtonguehuey

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

I'd boil it down to this:-

To the young and vain, it's all about self promotion and the need to get ahead. It is a disproportionate amount of importance placed on the superficial, and, often it comes at the expense of fun.

Would you like to be the only ten year old without a tank?

Travis30384
  • Travis30384

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Don't see how online player behavior on GTA Online is any different than on any other game. People talk about it on here because it's a GTA forum, people talk about the same kinds of things on other game forums. I'd guess that if it was being talked about any more than average on here, it would be because this is the first GTA with such a wide open multiplayer with personal property that can be destroyed by trolls. I don't think it has anything to do with what kinds of people are playing it, this kind of thing would happen in any game as long as there are the same kinds of opportunities. 

Psykonaut
  • Psykonaut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

and seeing all *cough*  sociaties have a democratie it means that sure you can have a voice, but the majority wins. so there is nothing wrong... you are the outsider here.

lack of respect for other human beings in a game wich is ment to shoot and kill eachother and rob.

You're right, this game promotes disrespect, bad morales, being a low life. Of course. And I'm fine with anyone wanting to play that way. And you're right I am the minority with this, in this game and in real life. But does the fact that I let my real life morals pour into a game mean I shouldn't play it?

I'm not saying anyone has to feel the way I feel about common courtesy or even change the way they play for me, by all means, do what entertains you the most, that is after all the point of buying and spending time on a game. I'm simply saying lack of respect for others is a major problem in the gaming community and if you disagree then there is just no pleasing you. Also I've never played minecraft nor do I see how that's even relevant to the topic at hand.

• Lethita likes this

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

You're right, this game promotes disrespect, bad morales, being a low life. Of course. And I'm fine with anyone wanting to play that way. And you're right I am the minority with this, in this game and in real life. But does the fact that I let my real life morals pour into a game mean I shouldn't play it?

I'm not saying anyone has to feel the way I feel about common courtesy or even change the way they play for me, by all means, do what entertains you the most, that is after all the point of buying and spending time on a game. I'm simply saying lack of respect for others is a major problem in the gaming community and if you disagree then there is just no pleasing you. Also I've never played minecraft nor do I see how that's even relevant to the topic at hand.

no

and what you just wrote, might be the most sane post i saw here on these forums, im not even remotly gonna troll it

i just mean that if you cant have fun in gta online because of your own morals, you are beter of hopping to another game, one wich might be more pve or more built to actually work together.

because nomatter how hard you want it, it's never gonna change.

human kind transforms in its most primitive form in these kind of games. survival of the fittest wich goes before the gain of being in a group cooperating. this also might be because of the lack to actually communicate with eachother.

this game drives on unsporty behavior and condones this behavoir seeing it the spine of the game being a 3bit gangster.... wich is funny seeing most ppl playing are under 18 so where r* got the idea cash cards would sell big is a myth for me.

most of the grievers never been grieved , for most this is an escape to do what they cant do in real life.

i've turned the table around on many grievers in this game and many others... then and only then will they understand what you are saying and might change their behaviour

• Caligastia and Psykonaut like this

Psykonaut
  • Psykonaut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

I agree with you 100% brotha man

JayJ47
  • JayJ47

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

I personally don't mind how people play the game. Want to spawn camp at LSC? That's fine really because I can just go to another one. Want to chase me because I killed you when you shoot me? Fine, I'll kill you again. Want to get the bounty thats on my head? Okay, if you can catch me.

Dooma1090
  • Dooma1090

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

Ultima online in fel= current GTA online whiners nightmare

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

In my opinion, people usually get what they deserve in a game right away, if not, eventually. If they are asshats, the rest of the community will tend to not treat them well. If they are friendly and helpful, the community will be friendly and helpful overall. Rule of thumb: expect the same actions to happen to you that you do to others.

I usually hang out with older people. They're usually much more respectful and I have a much better experience.

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

i think some ppl have a weird sence about mmo games.

this isnt real life your moral standards dont count here and dont have to be uphold.

the fact of the matter is, that it feels sh*tty to be at the short end of the stick

but there is also someone at the long end of the stick having fun. so it balances out. you just dont here the other person

also i you think you will find alot of players that uphold some honer or really want to interact with you that you choose the wrong game.

gta glorifies sex,drugs, superficial looks, fraud, gangs, gangsters, robberies etc.... i mean hello torture mission?

this attracts certrain ppl, ppl that want to have fun themselfs not have fun with other ppl. especialy on a console where the age is just a bit lower then mmo's on pc's

also gta attracks players that normaly arnt into mmo's or multiplayer games that arnt fps. you my friend are the minority atm not the grievers.

you should change your own point of view and morals in gta or you are never gonna have fun.

you come here make a topic about being shot after a mission/race/dm means you also could have been the shooter. even a donkey doesnt make the same mistake twice. but yet you try to force your believes on others thinking that you are moraly superior, wich you clearly others, and seeing you arnt the one with the power no one will take you seriously , o contrair you will make yourself more wanted because they know you are a rager.

gta also isnt a coop game in terms of randoms. thats why you make crews or join crews.

wich in terms also serves ppl like you.

get a crew make a inv only session have ppl play with you with the same mindset.

but dont expect that same mindset in a game with randoms.

my deffinition of fun prob is way different then yours. 

sorry for the bad grammar

ow and for your refference, im no 20-er anymore, im a ex top 200 guild wow player, an ex ultima online player, ex everquest player, diamond league lol player and gold league starcraft player, i have seen loads of mmo's

and the same topics come by at all the games 

While you are right in some respects, you also seem to assume everyone is a bunch of kids that don't know any better from right and wrong.

Just because a game promotes "bad ideas" does not mean everyone's going to act the same to other players. Most of the people I meet who are friendly and helpful are not "fresh" players. A lot of them played games like Everquest, etc 10 years ago. While there are kids running around the game under the rating restriction of the game, most people who play the game are over the age of 18. The ones you hear about being "unruly" tend to stand out from the ones who play the game with, as you put it, "honour" (and honour's a really bad way to put it btw, more like ethics) so to speak.

Of course, in a random room, you're going to get all sorts of players. It's no different than WoW, or Everquest, etc, but make no mistake. Like I said, it's an 18+ game; therefore, think of a playerbase more along the lines of Eve Online. Eve has an older, more mature, playerbase. While GTA Online may not equal this level of maturity, there is still more maturity than games like WoW where the average player age is much lower.

• ThePeskyCrow likes this

StoneyDug
  • StoneyDug

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:57 PM Edited by StoneyDug, 29 October 2013 - 11:57 PM.

Ultima online in fel= current GTA online whiners nightmare

Haha UO. I used to play this 15 years ago. Still the best and complete MMO I've played so far. Client version Sphere 51a was nice PvP.

remcofromnl
  • remcofromnl

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

Finally a proper discussion an topic on this board.

I think racism is the worst of it all. I can live with the exploiters and all the people who keeps destroying vehicle's and such. But it amazes me how much racism is going on in the chat.

I can not imagine any of those kids are anything like that in real life. If they are I really hope they get there ass kicked one day.
  • Caligastia, SmokeyB34Rx and Aunty Fascist like this

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

It's simple really: little children are intrigued by the standards of GTA V and basically every other video game with a similarly high degree of violence. They love the hot rods, weapons and barbaric, selfish activities you can carry out in GTA V. They feel as if by carrying out these actions against others they can feel glorified and robust.

It's plausible to say that certain children are aroused by violence in general, which is why they play games like GTA and COD. This leads to the basis behind the level of "maturity" some find to be very low in GTA Online. Little kids have taken over the realms of Los Santos; pip-squeaking, chipmunk motherf*ckers are consistently prevalent amongst most players in sessions. Some see this as an epidemic.

As for all these racist, white-trash, Coors light swigging ignoramuses on GTA Online? Pfft, they've got nothing better to do with their lives. Farming season is practically over, that means it's time for GTA for the toothpick toting hooligans.

• WreckinBall and ThePeskyCrow like this

skrat567
  • skrat567

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

My question is; is stealing a jet from fort zancudo (and using it to kill other players) considered being a "bad sport", I did this once and was kicked for it. Thank You for your time.

remcofromnl
  • remcofromnl

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

As long as you don't destroy any personal vehicles it's not considered bad sports.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

I'm guilty. I have already found myself ripping into trolls and those who lack common sense. I torment those who choose to hide behind their overused memes and spout "U Mad" because, in fact, I am mad.

I just witnessed my friend's sister's 2y.o son hit the family dog in the face with a stick. Not a twig. A dry stick. Prime example for the type of people who spend far too many hours on the web. Bad parenting, lax discipline and a severe lack of respect.

I grew up in an area where corporal punishment was not only mainstream, some parents requested that teachers be allowed to physically discipline kids. It was like learning in a jail. Nowadays kids literally get away with attempted murder.

The age of the internet has made it far too easy for little psychos to share their ideas and tactics. But on that same note-- where would we be without the World Wide Web?
  • Caligastia likes this

Marcus-F1
  • Marcus-F1

Benefactor collector

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

I'm guilty. I have already found myself ripping into trolls and those who lack common sense. I torment those who choose to hide behind their overused memes and spout "U Mad" because, in fact, I am mad.

I just witnessed my friend's sister's 2y.o son hit the family dog in the face with a stick. Not a twig. A dry stick. Prime example for the type of people who spend far too many hours on the web. Bad parenting, lax discipline and a severe lack of respect.

I grew up in an area where corporal punishment was not only mainstream, some parents requested that teachers be allowed to physically discipline kids. It was like learning in a jail. Nowadays kids literally get away with attempted murder.

The age of the internet has made it far too easy for little psychos to share their ideas and tactics. But on that same note-- where would we be without the World Wide Web?

This comes to mind:

albert-einstein-quote.png?w=590

• GrndZero, lilpokerface, madmanaz and 2 others like this

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

Thank you very much for opening this topic and setting some good ground rules.

I have found that GTA online has been much better, so far, than I have expected.  I have also noticed a recent change for the better.  Admittedly I have spent only a couple of dozen ours in online lobbies as I have adopted the principle of making money in a solo round, then spending what I have made on things I was saving for, then spending a couple of hours online to see what happens and bounties.  I have only thus far run into one cheater and reported him immediately.  I don't have a mic, but I have gotten one message from another player, that was, shall we say negative in nature, I took it as a compliment.

Glitching and cheating, I have little doubt, will have to be dealt with by banning.  Banning is commonly used in other gaming communities when the companies have far less at stake than Rockstar.  I also think that it is funny that people are justifying their cheating with the cash card implementation, which, I have heard has not happened yet.  Skill, over all else, will prevail online, and rockstar has introduced a leveling system that, for the most part, places skill above finance.  Playing the few hours that I do, I am at level 51 and can make about 100K a day.  About the only thing I haven't taken down is a lazer.  I have 45 more players kills than player deaths, and I don't consider myself exceptional to the game.

I will simply share with you my attitude on this issue.  How sad must it be to be a troll or a griefer in an online lobby.  I play games to relax, have some time to myself or with friends away from the stresses of everyday life.  Kids, wife, work and school, my life is full and games are a welcome escape.  I imagine trolls and griefers to be sad people, lonely, virgins, little or no friends whose only interaction that they are capable of is negative within the confines of a made up world, cowards that hide in their rooms or parents basements too terrified and too angry to even enjoy themselves playing games without trying to ruin someone else's good time.  Truly, I feel bad for those people, I feel bad for their families.  How bad must they need attention and how inept that all they have is negative attention?

All in all, I feel the online community is great.  Maybe that will change when I get a mic for my birthday, but I don't know if anyone has been cussing me out or not, blissful ignorance.  If I find that is the case, I will simply not use it until heists.  The forum community has also been great thus far.  I am pleasantly surprised.  I think that as time goes on the community in general will improve with a couple of exceptions, such as Christmas.  So in short, thank you, everyone.  I hope to see you online.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

Wowowowow ladies, this is just a game.

How I act on a game does NOT represent who I am in real life.

Not ONCE have me and friends got into a nice super car and drove around slugging people down for the sake of doing it. However, this is the daily case in GTA with the Englands Gangster lads.

This is a lesson you must stand by:

If you are a victim, you will always be one.

This means that you simply need to not be the one who gets shot, you need to be the shooter.

I get shot loads, I get killed (not as much as I kill) But when it boils down to it, you need to give as good as you get.

Crying on a forum about how people behave is no good. Cash cards and glitching, hacking too is lame though and people like that ruin the game's experience for all of us who don't believe doing that stuff is right but at the end of the day, GTA:O was designed for us to roll around shooting at each other.

My only wish is that my victims bodies didn't dissapear so quickly so that I could pour petrol on their corpses and burn them to add to my photo collection, just like I do when my friends log off and their characters run away. BWHAHAHAHAHA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users