Photo

Best Handling Muscle Car

62 replies to this topic
Vandal783
  • Vandal783

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

I use to have a Sabre Turbo, I loved the look of it but I had such a hard time driving it and winning races with it. 

I know that muscle cars are inherently hard to handle but I now drive a Declasse Vigero. Not only do I like the looks better but I think it handles like a dream compared to the Sabre.

Whats your thoughts on the best handling muscle car? Or should I just embrace the forever drifting rear end on these things.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Personally, the Buccaneer is a cushioned dream.

Acceleration is awesome, it drifts nice, and it has that stance....you know...

Other than that I like the Dominator, but as with all muscle cars turning is more of a 4 wheel drift scenario. Lol

We need more muscle cars!!
  • Spade115 likes this

clinto
  • clinto

Crucial

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Gauntlet for me, I guess it comes down to preference. 

• Spade115 likes this

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Statistically, I believe it's the Gauntlet.

But f*ck statistics.

Skysaw Jr
  • Skysaw Jr

Fool

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Dominator for me. After modding it up, my favorite ride in the whole game. Handling takes a little finesse, but it's worth it.

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Gauntlet

Vandal783
  • Vandal783

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Statistically, I believe it's the Gauntlet.

But f*ck statistics.

Ya exactly, I'm more interested in personal feel for the car.

I_Love_Your_TDs
  • I_Love_Your_TDs

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Loving the car > stats or what others think
  • Vitamin PWN likes this

Vandal783
  • Vandal783

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Agreed, but seeing how I only have 10 car slots. I want a combination of looks with a car I can actually win some races in.

mothman0
  • mothman0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

I drive a Declasse Sabre Turbo too, partly modded, and love it. 

I've considered switching cars, but just can't bring myself to drop the Sabre Turbo... and I don't yet have a garage, so only have one car, so I'm keeping this car for now!

It isn't nearly as fast or quick off the line as many cars, but I love how it handles.  It's kinda "floaty" but once I got used to it, I actually find it a bit easier to control than some, as got a "softer" feel, less "twitchy", and I'm using  alot of "quotation marks".  LOL

I've never seen a Vigero, at least not realizing what I was looking at.  Will have to keep my eyes out for it.  Where do you find them?

• Spade115 likes this

I_Love_Your_TDs
  • I_Love_Your_TDs

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

For muscle races i use a stock gaunlet for a lot of turn maps, just take it easy because everyone will spin out. For more straight line with few turns, i take my modded sabre and it works just fine.

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

I too drive the Declasse Vigero at the moment, but the Buccaneer handles very well and if I ever find one again I'll add it to my garage.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Agreed, but seeing how I only have 10 car slots. I want a combination of looks with a car I can actually win some races in.

If that is the case I would suggest the Gauntlet. I have mine murdered out in all black matte. Not the most stylish but it handles better than the other muscle.

Vandal783
  • Vandal783

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

I drive a Declasse Sabre Turbo too, partly modded, and love it. 

I've considered switching cars, but just can't bring myself to drop the Sabre Turbo... and I don't yet have a garage, so only have one car, so I'm keeping this car for now!

It isn't nearly as fast or quick off the line as many cars, but I love how it handles.  It's kinda "floaty" but once I got used to it, I actually find it a bit easier to control than some, as got a "softer" feel, less "twitchy", and I'm using  alot of "quotation marks".  LOL

I've never seen a Vigero, at least not realizing what I was looking at.  Will have to keep my eyes out for it.  Where do you find them?

I found one in a mission on the highway but never really see them around. I believe you can buy one off your phone for a little over 20,000.

o0eVe0o
  • o0eVe0o

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

i beleive if you put transmission on the sabre it stops it wheel spinning so much i just know mine doesn't go that sideways anymore atleast thats what i feel just a heads up if you wanted to try that before going for a new car. I know mine use to fall behind.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

I think the Sabre is perfect once you drop the suspension all the way.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

Dominator for sure!

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

I think the Phoenix is first place for handling, and the Ruiner is second.

Both of them are indeed slippery, but when you know them well, they're the kind of slippery you can use to your advantage.

• SileightyCyrus likes this

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

Dominator handles well but it could punish you if you underestimate it, needs higher top speed though

vash_021
  • vash_021

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

my favorite muscle car in the game is

sabre turbo and pheonix

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

I think the Sabre is one of the better handling muscle cars anyway, certainly better than the Dominator and Phoenix (these are more fun to drive though)

Some say the Vigero and Buccaneer but I dunno the Buc is really heavy and doesn't brake as well as the others. Never driven a Vigero but there are nicer Camaro's in game.

IMO

Best overall Muscle - Sabre Turbo

Most fun Muscle - Phoenix (sounds amazing and super tail happy :lol: )

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

SO much of it is based on preference/skill. The Gauntlet is definitely very grippy and neutral, but too stable can equate to slow around corners. When it comes to a tail happy car, if you are able to (and this won't always be the case) manage the grip with throttle control and overall knowledge of the dynamics of a car when cornering, then you could possibly end up cornering faster. This game does a surprisingly good job of simulating weight transfer, which is something easily overlooked by those not quite in the know.

This game seems to employ a traction control system like GTA IV, but it kicks in later, and less often. The Futo for instance, fif you lift off and turn, you can get the rear end to swing out, but by hitting the throttle, the weight transfers back and it automatically mitigates wheelspin and let's you regain grip and take off. If done correctly, a car such as this can be far superior to a car that is neutral or understeer inclined. 

If you have Forza 4, you can see the fastest people's replays. If you can find a car that tends to understeer - watch the top replays. I guarantee the top guys will transfer the weight forward, get the rear end loose, then get on the throttle slowly, gently, progressively, in order to transfer the weight to the back just enough that it doesn't spin the tires. This can be achieved in GTA.

With all that said, I still love my Sabre, fully tuned, and my race record would suggest I am able to use it effectively.

Strike-Eagle_1
  • Strike-Eagle_1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

Sorry man, but handling and muscle car don't belong in the same sentence...

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

all muscle cars handle like ass. 

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

The folks who think muscle cars have no handling are the folks who find themselves crashing into every light post on every block.

• Nattyiyaman likes this

MrBlackwell
  • MrBlackwell

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

Dominator!

Garland137
  • Garland137

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

Haven't driven all of them yet, but so far the Sabre is my favourite.  I haven't had any trouble drifting it around corners.

The Dominator, however, is completely undriveable for me.  Can't even attempt to turn without it spinning in circles.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

The Dominator is my personal fav of the muscle class. I like how it handles and it looks great.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:26 AM

I own a Sabre, and love how it drives.

BUT my go to unmodded muscle car is the Ruiner. Really shouldn't be in the same class. It's not as quick as some, but it's nimble and is a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

Skysaw Jr
  • Skysaw Jr

Fool

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

The Dominator is sloppy, no doubt, but that's part of its charm. Tune the suspension to max, and get a little practice under your belt, and you'll be drifting and slipping your way around corners like a pro. 

Gauntlet is easiest to drive, which is a plus. But once you start to feel comfortable taking corners with it, try a little Dominator love to see what you think. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users