Photo

Troll Truckera

46 replies to this topic
K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

I have a tow truck, fiddled around with it for a little bit as it drew attention, but didn't know it was causing issues to people until reading this thread.

nice to know, I'll keep it in the garage until this mess is cleared up!

The One Named Scarlotte
  • The One Named Scarlotte

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

Omg I want one, people will leave me alone on the bs servers lol

Elijin
  • Elijin

Probably Lost. Send help.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

They're more likely to ban people than fix the freezing bug.
After all, its not a bug. The vehicle did not exist in MP. People with modified consoles cheated it into the game, and the crashing and freezing happen because there arent appropriate triggers/files for the mp to support it.

Its ridiculous that people are calling for this 'bug' to be fixed. The bug is that people cheated the vehicle into the format. I hope the only fix they do is delete it from anyone who has it, maybe hand out some bans if they can work out origin points.

I've got to disagree with you here because if this freezing isn't a 'bug' and they are purposely withholding towtrucks from online, why?
There is no justifiable reason to keep towtrucks out of online. Rockstar must have known about this.

I mean, the cargobob is online and it does pretty much the same thing but there are increased griefing possibilities with the cargobob because it's a bloody helicopter. Fly that bad boy in to the stratosphere and drop some personal vehicles.
It's much easier to recover your car from some asshat in a mediocre speed towtruck than a helicopter so they couldn't have removed the towtruck in fear of griefers.

And if any of you say the reason it's not in is because Rockstar 'plan' to sell it in an expansion pack then shouldn't you be upset? Withholding content to get some more money out of you?

Several things.

Initially, if there were withholding it for DLC, and modders cheated it into the game, thats essentially stealing.

But moving on from that because Im sure you'll cry about being entitled to it anyway waaaah waaah.

In the midst of all the game breaking bugs they are working on, dealing with the cloud issues, save losses, glitches and all round bits, the community has taken something they did not intend to exist in mp at this stage, shoved it into mp and then demanded rockstar fix it. It is the absolute f*cking definition of entitled. "We took what we werent intended to have, and it broke and goddamn it you should fix it for us asap so we can go back to enjoying the thing we took."

I always knew this community was terrible, but this is just new levels of terrible.

GrandScenarios
  • GrandScenarios

Bold & Brash

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

But moving on from that because Im sure you'll cry about being entitled to it anyway waaaah waaah.

Of course I'm entitled! I paid £40 for this game and i expect it to damn well work!

DirtyOldbear
  • DirtyOldbear

Dirty fukin Dozen == Dfuk ==

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Its a simple solution to get rid of them. After a couple reports they are automagically placed in Bad Sport lobbies. If you see anyone driving in a troll truck, report them. Here's how:

Press Start
Go to Player Info
Find their name.
Press A/X.
Report player. Here's the fun part! You can report them for glitching, trolling, or both!

I'd also recommend kicking them, too.

If you have a troll truck because it's cool, just keep it in your garage until the glitch is fixed. Its an awesome vehicle but unfortunately it's causing people's characters to be erased and could cause damage to a players Xbox. The best way to prevent this is unfortunately report every player seen with one, even if they're not trying. If you wait it could be too late.

Hopefully R* fixes it soon so they can be used properly.

It only takes a few reports to be placed in a bad sport lobby. Its utomatic after so many, R* doesn't have to do it manually.

This will get you banned faster than glitching read your TOS look under herassment

Tee343536
  • Tee343536

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

Its a simple solution to get rid of them. After a couple reports they are automagically placed in Bad Sport lobbies. If you see anyone driving in a troll truck, report them. Here's how:

Press Start
Go to Player Info
Find their name.
Press A/X.
Report player. Here's the fun part! You can report them for glitching, trolling, or both!

If you have a troll truck because it's cool, just keep it in your garage until the glitch is fixed. Its an awesome vehicle but unfortunately it's causing people's characters to be erased and could cause damage to a players Xbox. The best way to prevent this is unfortunately report every player seen with one, even if they're not trying. If you wait it could be too late.

It only takes a few reports to be placed in a bad sport lobby. Its utomatic after so many, R* doesn't have to do it manually.

This will get you banned faster than glitching read your TOS look under herassment

Except it's not harassment because I'm reporting players for a legitimate reason.  Whether they're trolling with the tow truck or not, it's still a glitch.

Now, I'm not reporting players BECAUSE of them glitching the tow truck into Online, but in the eyes of R*, I'm still doing the right thing.  So nope. :)

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

For starters, there's a sticky for all tow truck talk.

Secondly, you can't all tell me that i'm the only one who thought of Starf*ckers when looking at the thread title??

DirtyOldbear
  • DirtyOldbear

Dirty fukin Dozen == Dfuk ==

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:22 AM Edited by DirtyOldbear, 30 October 2013 - 03:22 AM.

How many times do you report them if its more than once its harassment

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

I have yet to get hit with this yet, but I'm with you on reporting people until it is fixed. The sooner the better, cuz I want a tow truck too. Not worth it if its actually breaking the game for others. I got over the anti social gimmick back in jr high.

Tee343536
  • Tee343536

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

For starters, there's a sticky for all tow truck talk.

Secondly, you can't all tell me that i'm the only one who thought of Starf*ckers when looking at the thread title??

Yes, but the tow truck talk thread is discussion about tow trucks.  This is a thread about preventive action against tow trucks.

And I only report players once, unless they're following me between servers.  I don't report them over and over, just encourage others to report them.

Tee343536
  • Tee343536

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Bump. Seems like people are getting bored of troll trucking. Wasn't happening as much, hopefully they're all in BS servers.

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

either that or the complaints filed against them seem to be having some effect.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

I'm not getting bored. I follow the people that really piss me off into other servers but most folk I will just freeze the once.

Tee343536
  • Tee343536

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm not getting bored. I follow the people that really piss me off into other servers but most folk I will just freeze the once.

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself.  :)

I'm sure your time will come,don't stress!

Yami
  • Yami

AP Mid

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Press Start
Go to Player Info
Find their name.
Press A/X.

#stopthesnitchin' crybaby~ luls..

Tee343536
  • Tee343536

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Press Start
Go to Player Info
Find their name.
Press A/X.

If snitching allows myself and others to be able to play the game then I guess that's what it takes.

I prefer people to stop intentionally disrupting the gameplay of others instead of having to report them but I can't control their actions, only mine.  The only viable action to prevent this behavior from continuing is to report them.  It's definitely making a difference in the public good sport servers.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Press Start
Go to Player Info
Find their name.
Press A/X.

If snitching allows myself and others to be able to play the game then I guess that's what it takes.

I prefer people to stop intentionally disrupting the gameplay of others instead of having to report them but I can't control their actions, only mine.  The only viable action to prevent this behavior from continuing is to report them.  It's definitely making a difference in the public good sport servers.

Should never snitch no matter what. It's the rule of the streets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users