Photo

Mission "Vinewood Souvenirs - Al Di Napoli" gone

13 replies to this topic
Crystlazar
  • Crystlazar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

Hello. I'm having a big problem with my game. I'm currently at 92% completion, and I've completed all the main missions and most of the Strangers & Freaks missions, but now one them won't show up. I'm talking about the Strangers & Freaks mission "Vinewood Souvenirs - Al Di Napoli". I know where the marker should be, but it isn't there. I've tried waiting for days and days, but no matter how long I wait it won't show up. I've searched around the internet, and I've seen that other people are having the same problem, but I didn't find any solution. Does anyone know what I should do? Do I have to start a new save, or is there something else I could do?

Thanks.

thatguy999
  • thatguy999

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:29 AM Edited by thatguy999, 31 October 2013 - 07:29 AM.

is it the one inside the golf court? you need a plane and land in there.

edit: golf not gold..

Crystlazar
  • Crystlazar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

No, it's the one where you have to meet Nigel infront of the White Widow store at Red Desert Avenue

drock28
  • drock28

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

hi,

ok im having the same issue here.. I completed the 4 initial missions for Nigel. once those were done there were none left..

then i beleive after completing the Merryweather heist.. I noticed a new Nigel icon appeared on the map, but  I did not go to it right away, did some other stuff with Mike and Franklin.

however at that point the Nigel icon was gone. I have noticed other jobs disappear and reappear, likley as a matter of sequence between other jobs/activities. but they all eventually came back thus far.

but that Nigel icon has never reappeared since??

is anyone aware if it will respawn again eventually.. I read people saying it was a bug, but I dont see how it could be erased from the game..?

Crystlazar
  • Crystlazar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

I kept waiting, but after some time I made a new save, and then today I checked if it was there now, but it still wasn't. I would recommend you to make a new save

drock28
  • drock28

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

I kept waiting, but after some time I made a new save, and then today I checked if it was there now, but it still wasn't. I would recommend you to make a new save

I make new saves all the time, quick saves and safehouse saves, many times since seeing the new Nigel icon. but it never reappeared after a save..

up to the point I came here to research it, I assumed it was going to respawn at some point.. but its been a long time, and have done alot of new missions, since seeing the new icon, and it has never come back..

the only thing I can think of is I have a 4th rampage to do for T,  the new nigel Icon appeared when the 3rd rampage was available, and then was removed when I completed the 3rd rampage. also Im doing the bounties for that woman. so maybe when those are done, it will come back..

I dont see how it can be a bug, and be completely removed from the gameplay. it seems when you start along one path, it removes things from another path until all steps are complete from the direction you took.

unless someone confirms they had similar experience and eventually it respawned.. then only time will tell as a move further along..

Crystlazar
  • Crystlazar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

I make new saves all the time, quick saves and safehouse saves, many times since seeing the new Nigel icon. but it never reappeared after a save..

up to the point I came here to research it, I assumed it was going to respawn at some point.. but its been a long time, and have done alot of new missions, since seeing the new icon, and it has never come back..

the only thing I can think of is I have a 4th rampage to do for T,  the new nigel Icon appeared when the 3rd rampage was available, and then was removed when I completed the 3rd rampage. also Im doing the bounties for that woman. so maybe when those are done, it will come back..

I dont see how it can be a bug, and be completely removed from the gameplay. it seems when you start along one path, it removes things from another path until all steps are complete from the direction you took.

unless someone confirms they had similar experience and eventually it respawned.. then only time will tell as a move further along..

Have you tried starting all over like I did? But you could also try to complete all the other things and see if that will make it appear

drock28
  • drock28

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

no way.. I would not start all over again..

I have 70hrs of game time in Single player..  and im still at only about 47% completion..

I must have done over 10hrs just roaming at the beginning with Franklin and chop roaming for pick ups..

if it is a bug and never comes back at a later point, that sucks big time, but fcuk that i wont start from scratch to play that mission as soon as it comes up..

I probably do have an old save slot from before, but again im not going to start from that point and then have to redo everything ive done up to this point.

ive seen the weed missions appear on and off many times while doing other missions.. so im just hoping this Nigel mission will spawn again at some point..

Crystlazar
  • Crystlazar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

drock28, on 08 Nov 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

no way.. I would not start all over again..

I have 70hrs of game time in Single player..  and im still at only about 47% completion..

I must have done over 10hrs just roaming at the beginning with Franklin and chop roaming for pick ups..

if it is a bug and never comes back at a later point, that sucks big time, but fcuk that i wont start from scratch to play that mission as soon as it comes up..

I probably do have an old save slot from before, but again im not going to start from that point and then have to redo everything ive done up to this point.

ive seen the weed missions appear on and off many times while doing other missions.. so im just hoping this Nigel mission will spawn again at some point..

I know have you feel. I were almost 80 hours into the game, and I had 92,3% completion when the mission didn't show up. Good luck to you

drock28
  • drock28

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

well there is pretty much the answer then.. if you got to 92.3%.. that means you must have had all the story missions complete, and likely all the S&F..

so if that Nigel mission never came back for you.. then it is indeed likely a bug and will never come back.

that would be pretty lame, that just because I didnt go to it when it appeared.. that now its gone for good.

Crystlazar
  • Crystlazar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

drock28, on 08 Nov 2013 - 3:37 PM, said:

well there is pretty much the answer then.. if you got to 92.3%.. that means you must have had all the story missions complete, and likely all the S&F..

so if that Nigel mission never came back for you.. then it is indeed likely a bug and will never come back.

that would be pretty lame, that just because I didnt go to it when it appeared.. that now its gone for good.

Yeah, that really sucks. But for me it never appeared at all, so it must be two different bugs if yours appeared and then disappeared

EnzoTheCat
  • EnzoTheCat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

I created an account here to ask this exact same question. I'm currently at 92% completion, finished the story mode and this Nigel mission never appeared for me. I'm almost positive it never appeared at any time because I checked available missions almost contantly and I never saw the 'N' icon. I've tried calling Nigel, going to the spot he's supposed to be, saving to advance time...and nothing.

I'm 18/20 for Strangers and Freak missions to count towards 100% and I was hoping I could just do the last two Nigel missions instead of searching for spaceship parts and the letters to hit 20/20 but I guess not.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:24 PM Edited by Spuds725, 12 November 2013 - 04:25 PM.

NIgel Missions ARE NOT required for 100%

You have to do specific S & F missions-- see below and/or the 100% checklist in my sig.

The only category that is not specific is Random Events (Do any 14) -- S&F, Hobbies and Pastimes, & Misc all have specific requirements...

If you want 100% you HAVE TO collect letters scraps and spaceship parts--- besides being required for Misc, they also each unlock a S & F mission.

Strangers and Freaks (20)

[   ] 1 Pulling Favors

[   ] 2 Pulling Another Favor 

[   ] 3 Pulling Favors Again

[   ] 4 Still Pulling Favors

[   ] 5 Pulling One Last Favor

[   ] 6 Shift Work

[   ] 7 Paparazzo

[   ] 8 Paparazzo- The Sex Tape

[   ] 9 Paparazzo- The Partnership

[   ] 10 Paparazzo- Reality Check

[   ] 11 A Starlet in Vinewood (Requires Collection of 50 letter scraps)

[   ] 12 Grass Roots- Franklin

[   ] 13 Grass Roots- The Smoke-in

[   ] 14 Excercising Demons- Franklin

[   ] 15 Far Out

[   ] 16 The Final Frontier (Requires Collection of 50 Spaceship parts)

[   ] 17 Risk Assessment

[   ] 18 Liquidity Risk

[   ] 19 Targeted Risk

[   ] 20 Uncalculated Risk (Requires completion of all 13 base/heli jumps)

Crystlazar
  • Crystlazar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:40 PM Edited by Crystlazar, 14 November 2013 - 01:41 PM.

Spuds725, on 12 Nov 2013 - 5:24 PM, said:Spuds725, on 12 Nov 2013 - 5:24 PM, said:

NIgel Missions ARE NOT required for 100%

You have to do specific S & F missions-- see below and/or the 100% checklist in my sig.

The only category that is not specific is Random Events (Do any 14) -- S&F, Hobbies and Pastimes, & Misc all have specific requirements...

If you want 100% you HAVE TO collect letters scraps and spaceship parts--- besides being required for Misc, they also each unlock a S & F mission.

Strangers and Freaks (20)

[   ] 1 Pulling Favors

[   ] 2 Pulling Another Favor 

[   ] 3 Pulling Favors Again

[   ] 4 Still Pulling Favors

[   ] 5 Pulling One Last Favor

[   ] 6 Shift Work

[   ] 7 Paparazzo

[   ] 8 Paparazzo- The Sex Tape

[   ] 9 Paparazzo- The Partnership

[   ] 10 Paparazzo- Reality Check

[   ] 11 A Starlet in Vinewood (Requires Collection of 50 letter scraps)

[   ] 12 Grass Roots- Franklin

[   ] 13 Grass Roots- The Smoke-in

[   ] 14 Excercising Demons- Franklin

[   ] 15 Far Out

[   ] 16 The Final Frontier (Requires Collection of 50 Spaceship parts)

[   ] 17 Risk Assessment

[   ] 18 Liquidity Risk

[   ] 19 Targeted Risk

[   ] 20 Uncalculated Risk (Requires completion of all 13 base/heli jumps)

I didn't know about that. I'll try it. Thanks :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users