Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to: Run iFruit on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux)

48 replies to this topic
SpoolnBad
  • SpoolnBad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

After I download the android device, it tells me the file is corrupt during the integrity check of the device.

Try deleting the device and downloading it again.

If I could find where the device is locally cached I would.  I've tried downloading it a few times, even other devices and I get the same error for every device

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

I got it up to sign in screen. I signed in Social club and the app switched off :sui:

Mugetsu
  • Mugetsu

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

doesnt work with bluestacks got f*** danngggg iiiiit!!!!

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Happy 1st Anniversary of not having Heists!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Holy f*cking sh*t, not only does it crash on my phone, but also the Virtual version crashes. This app f*cking sucks.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

That guy who eats pizza at flea markets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:40 PM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 30 October 2013 - 05:49 PM.

"Requires 2gb of physical memory"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Wait your running less than 2gb?

I have a sh*tty graphics card

And I also have less than a gig of RAM. About 896 MB of RAM. The PC i have is almost 6 years old. I am really poor, so I can't afford anything that's over 100 bucks. Getting a job is out of the question too, as I have aspergers and it's really hard to cope with in public, I had a hard time back in high school with it.

GTASkunk
  • GTASkunk

Don Vercetti

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

What you all need to understand is that you're trying to run an android virtually through your computer. Apps are created to be compatible to your mobile or tablet device and not intended for your computer. You can't always expect it to work. I remember when I really wanted 'Snapchat' but it wasn't available for the Blackberry so I downloaded and installed BlueStacks onto my Macbook and it didn't work on it because my Macbook Camera wasn't compatible just like your computers are not compatible for the app to run efficiently.

• oldak and dtsmucker like this

mikezilla2
  • mikezilla2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

so i should follow the ops TUT ?  also when will the vita app be getting released ?

GTASkunk
  • GTASkunk

Don Vercetti

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

The best I can do here is a Mac tutorial, for Bluestacks but I am sure it's similar to the PC.

1) Go to: BlueStacks

2) Scroll down and pick your download; Mac or PC.

3) Save your .dmg or .exe to anywhere you want, preferably your desktop.

4) If you're on the Mac, drag your Bluestacks Application to the Applications folder but if you're on the PC, then I think you should install it to your hard drive.

5) When you start BlueStacks it should ask you about terms and conditions; Just accept them.

6) On the BlueStacks Application there will be a blue search button, click it and type the name of the app you're looking for; In this case it would be iFruit.

7) A quick tip: Go to the settings in the bottom right corner then click 'Manage Accounts' then click Add Account and add your google account.

8) If the iFruit app is compatible with your phone that is registered with your google account then it should search and then it should be downloaded.
8) If not, then harsh luck.

Gimpy1
  • Gimpy1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:36 AM Edited by Gimpy1, 01 November 2013 - 04:44 AM.

Following the Genymotion method worked for me. The problem with Bluestacks (as I found out trying it before finding this thread) is that you have to have an Android device attached to your Google account before you can download anything via Bluestacks. Whereas with Genymotion, as mentioned in the original post, you download a virtual phone in this case the Galaxy Nexus.

At least that's what happened when I tried to use it. The iFruit app wouldn't even show up when I searched the Google Play store and then when trying to download it to Bluestacks via a web browser it didn't register the faux device (Bluestacks) and I couldn't download it that way either. If Skunk or anyone knows a way around that it would be great for other people having similar experiences.

Alas the custom plate I wanted to get was taken with all variations so I had to get something I didn't want....all because Rockstar decided to make one of the only personalized bits of the game available to Apple people for a month before anyone else. I'm sure I'm not the only one cheesed about that. Even worse yet, making things associated with the app ONLY available through the app makes me not want to play the game very much. Why should I pay $60 for a game and not get the full game unless I pay out the arse for a phone I don't want? On top of everything, at this point, in 2013, with the smartphone market the way it is there was no excuse for them to have the app only for iOS for a month. There's some back door dealing going on there with Apple that they won't tell us about. Then you throw in not letting everyone that bought the game have access to the app (ie. not making a PC version) among other slow to correct issues with online play and empty promises and you have a recipe for a fan of this company for over a decade thinking long and hard about supporting them again with another title.

Sorry for the rant but I just can't believe a company as smart as Rockstar has handled things so poorly so far with this game.

• Evo X Ali likes this

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

tried bluestacks first didn't work at all just a black screen after loading. Then it wouldn't let me uninstall it, had to use system restore point. Then tried the genymotion thing and it worked as far as starting the ifruit app and signing into social club in the app but then the app would just shut down everytime and bring me to the phone's home screen.

mikezilla2
  • mikezilla2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

is that you have to have an Android device attached to your Google account before you can download anything via Bluestacks

not true.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

is that you have to have an Android device attached to your Google account before you can download anything via Bluestacks

not true.

True. In fact it's true of all instances of Google Play that you have to have a declared device on the account through which you're browsing. Otherwise there's no install option.

mikezilla2
  • mikezilla2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

i dont own any smart phones and have never had any android devices , yet i went ahead and downloaded the app via blue stacks ( in the app store)

Ataricade
  • Ataricade

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

The iFruit app is very limited. People without are missing nothing of substance. It lets you customize 1 online car and a limited selection of parts for that one car. The dog app is like a Facebook style tamagotchi from the 1990's. Don't waste your time.

Konstelation
  • Konstelation

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:06 PM Edited by Konstelation, 03 November 2013 - 07:07 PM.

I can confirm that the BlueStacks app works nicely with iFruit. Thanks for this post and the tip from GTASkunk.

Yeah it does work great, but how do you switch cars between online? Can't figure that out lol

NM: Figured it out

Gimpy1
  • Gimpy1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

i dont own any smart phones and have never had any android devices , yet i went ahead and downloaded the app via blue stacks ( in the app store)

The App Store isn't Google's place for apps.

Gimpy1
  • Gimpy1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

Just a little update using this method. It worked for me when I tried it...but apparently when I did the custom plate it didn't go through, I don't know if it's not sending the information properly or what.

But trying to put a plate on a car I noticed the option wasn't there so I decided to load the app up again and see why it didn't work. Now I can't get the app to run in Genymotion. It acts like it's loading, goes to a grey screen, then black, then back to the home screen.

Merryantix
  • Merryantix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

Genymotion no longer lists "Galaxy Nexus 4.2.2 - with Google Apps"... so created the Galaxy Nexus 4.2.2 - API 17 instead (or is it the same?). Anyway, when I clicked on install i-fruit within Google Play Store (accessing it via the phone's web browser) it says I need to have signed in to the Google Play store app on the phone, which it doesn't have and I can't find anywhere where I can obtain the store app... any suggestions? 

• Moonplayer likes this

joelstoner
  • joelstoner

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

I'm a bit confused, I'm running ICS and, according the the Google Store, the app runs on anything from 3.0 upwards... so why's it incompatible with my phone?

Waste of f***ing time :)

Oldak, nice tip :D

Could be because of the HUGE file size. The iFruit app is 322MB. That is more than the total memory of my phone. So can't even download it, and transfer to a SD card. R* really f*cked up on this one. They need to get the license plate thing onto the web, and just ditch the app.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users