Photo

Haven't played in weeks

40 replies to this topic
Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

I haven't touched this game in weeks (or my ps3 in general), never in a million years would I have thought I would be bored of this game only days after completing the story. But I guess i'm just getting old. I'm already looking to sell my ps3 with the game to get some money for a ps4.

Anyone else?

Hardcore1982
  • Hardcore1982

Dirty Harry

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:53 AM Edited by Hardcore1982, 29 October 2013 - 08:54 AM.

Still playing storymode all over again. I am trying to get more money this time and another ending.

But if you think you are getting too old and haven't touched your PS3 at all for weeks, why buying a PS4 right after release?

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

Well I'm not getting it right after release. Probably a couple months after. Just want some extra cash now because new consoles and games can be pretty expensive, especially the Xbox One being $500 There's nothing really to do with the PS3 for me now anyways, it's not that there's any new games out that interest me and I obviously can't be bother with the old ones. I'm excited for next-gen and some games that are coming out for it though.

Filthy1977
  • Filthy1977

ADI RepoMan

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Your on the wrong site pal.

Its ebay you need for selling stuff, this is just a discussion site.

• HiddenAnonyous likes this

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:23 AM Edited by Bazzad, 29 October 2013 - 09:26 AM.

I didn't even finish the single player game. I have about 11 missions to go and loads of side activities.

A combination of the game not living up to it's hype and me growing out of gaming. I hadn't bought a game since Skyrim before GTA V came out and I kind of new that when playing it I would just be going through the motions.

For me, gaming has lost it's appeal and I wont bothering with next gen at all. It's going to be the same old games anyway, they'll just look prettier.

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

You're clearly not old enough to figure out that if you got bored playing one of the best games of this gen you'll be even more bored by the boring as sh*t launch games for the PS4.

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

You're clearly not old enough to figure out that if you got bored playing one of the best games of this gen you'll be even more bored by the boring as sh*t launch games for the PS4.

Eh, not exactly. I'm sure Battlefield 4, Ghosts, AC4, Infamous Second Son, Killzone Shadow Fall, and Watch Dogs shortly after can keep me busy for a while.

ThinRedLine1981
  • ThinRedLine1981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

I didn't even finish the single player game. I have about 11 missions to go and loads of side activities.

A combination of the game not living up to it's hype and me growing out of gaming. I hadn't bought a game since Skyrim before GTA V came out and I kind of new that when playing it I would just be going through the motions.

For me, gaming has lost it's appeal and I wont bothering with next gen at all. It's going to be the same old games anyway, they'll just look prettier.

Same here. The only game that could pull me back in would be Elder Scrolls VI, whatever it will be called. I did finish the SP though. Haven't played much since then.

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

well said :)

UndraftedTalent
  • UndraftedTalent

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

You're right -you're just getting old... like me. No ones too old to dance though, join me:

carlton-dance-o.gif

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

Eh, not exactly. I'm sure Battlefield 4, Ghosts, AC4, Infamous Second Son, Killzone Shadow Fall, and Watch Dogs shortly after can keep me busy for a while.

Well, I respect your opinion but I guess if V is not giving you the long-term enjoyment, AC4 and Watch Dogs (which both seem like the Ubisoft way of semi-openworld gameplay) aren't gonna give it. Far Cry 3, anyone? 

I'm on the same side, man. I think Skyrim was probably the last game that I fully enjoyed (and still do), and the Mass Effect titles. There is just something about gaming lately that doesn't interest me that much anymore, and I hate that I'm starting to get this grumpy. I really thought that V would change this, and I'm definitely planning on playing the SP again (perhaps waiting for a PC release), but I don't think I'm gonna play this for months. Perhaps I'm just to sucked into real life issues, but every single game in that quote (and more) doesn't seem to interest me at all. They are all to generic, and don't get me started on the AC series. Man, I & II used to give me chills down my spine. Now it's just the same Ubisoft formula used in all of their franchises. Wow, I'm rambling..

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:14 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 29 October 2013 - 12:15 PM.

Huh. I think from all of my games, GTA V/GTA: Online has the most of stuff to do. I have games like GTA IV and Skyrim (if talking about current gen games, that is. I have other open world games in PS2-era games)...

I think open-world games need you to have some sort of an imagination to keep on playing without getting bored. If you don't do anything else than farm Jobs in Online, you can bet it'll get boring. If you don't try anything different in GTA V, it'll get boring too. I am not sure about games like Mass Effect, that how open-world(ish) are they.

But anyway... you should try to do some special things in the games if they are open-world (why not linear, too). Like in GTA V/Online get a truck and get between a tunnel and a train. Or get a Rhino and do the same.

There are lots of things to do, it just needs you to realize the amount of stuff to do. In Online it's more fun because you have friends/other people to do those things with.

Plus... don't buy PS4 right after the release, mate. It isn't worth it; there are hardly any games coming at the launch. If Watch Dogs wasn't delayed then I'd buy a PS4 at launch too, lol.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

How is age involved? God, just shut up... Too many IQ risking posts on this forum.

Anyways I'm getting to the point where I'm wanting to play other games yet I still do play V. I'm having the urge to play GTA IV -- I will on Thanksgiving Break -- and I have gone back to Forza Horizon, Forza 4, might even play TBoGT Online as that was more fun than I've ever had on V's Online, well besides messing around with friends.

• Official General likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

I'm shooting for 100% on my second playthrough - didn't bother on the first as I knew I'd be replaying it all over again straight away. 

Since release day, there have been 2 days where I haven't played for at least an hour. Still absolutely loving the SP. MP isn't really holding much appeal for me at this point, but that might change once a few more of my RL buddies pick up their copies. 

Yeah. There are people that haven't played it yet. It's incredible, I know. 

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

well said :)
I am not trying to sell anything on this site. I just want to see if anyone else feels the same way I do.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:13 PM Edited by Official General, 29 October 2013 - 01:13 PM.

I kinda feel the same.

I've completed the main storyline of GTA V around nearly 3 weeks ago now. And to be honest, since then I have not really played the game, aside from free roaming a few times. Yeah, I know the map is large and beautiful, but there is just not much to do, see and explore, with regards to what I personally find fun and interesting. The lack of side missions really did not help either.  I too thought I would be playing this game for days on end after I completed the single player campaign, but to my surprise and disappointment, that was not the case. And before anyone mentions online, I'm just not really into all that online multiplayer, I never liked it that much. I actually feel like going back to play GTA IV all over again (which I will do soon).  Right now, I just don't feel like having another play through of V. 

However, I'm never gonna sell or trade-in my PS3 console and my copy of GTA V, no way. I never sell or trade-in my best games, and that includes ALL my GTA games. I'm not getting the PS4 so soon either, I'm gonna wait for a year or so before that happens. 

• Sting4S likes this

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

I've done about 90% of the game, finding GTA "Offline" to be boring as hell. I suspect it will be traded in by Christmas.  :v:

There's no replay value with the game, it's just not fun. It's a tedious long and drawn out repetitive chore.

Such a shame really.  :/

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Sadly, I'm in the same boat. I haven't picked it up in a week. I think it's because I'm growing out of video games, I don't know. I don't game like I used to.

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Traded it for ac 4 as i do not believe there will be any single player story DLC like gta 4 had & iv'e got to say im liking ac 4 way more! HUGE map really feels like a fantastic open world game i don't play so had no reason to keep gta v 

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

To be really honest, I actually enjoyed playing Far Cry 3 slightly more than I did playing GTA V. I know they are both very different genres of games, but that's just how I felt. 

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Im Afraid i am the same i have not played it in i think almost 2 weeks been playing Through IV  for the 4th Time  :pp and just started a new playthrough of the Underrated Gem that is Mafia 2  i am going to  go back to V soon Though im sure. 

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

GTA V is the most overrated game ever. :miranda:

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

I haven't touched this game in weeks (or my ps3 in general), never in a million years would I have thought I would be bored of this game only days after completing the story. But I guess i'm just getting old. I'm already looking to sell my ps3 with the game to get some money for a ps4.

Anyone else?

what you going to buy ps4 for, nothing good comes out till next year

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Im Afraid i am the same i have not played it in i think almost 2 weeks been playing Through IV  for the 4th Time  :pp and just started a new playthrough of the Underrated Gem that is Mafia 2  i am going to  go back to V soon Though im sure. 

Mafia 2, great concept, but it was fail imo. game you can beat it in a day if you wanted too

xTurbox187
  • xTurbox187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

Anyone else?

Me too, I can't wait to get rid of this garbage.. Never buying a game from R* again.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Since the day I got the game, I only skipped 2 days. Other than these 2 days, I have played the game every day. Generally, I am pleased with it. It can improve in certain areas, but it's a solid 9.5 for me.

The_Regulator
  • The_Regulator

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

I skipped maybe a week altogether since getting GTA V, but now that I own an apartment, 6 cars, have over $300k after these expenses, and I've beaten the offline, I see a long break coming in the not-so-distant future. Can't deny it's starting to lose its shine for me.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Anyone else?

GTA Online hasn't been out for a month... So if you haven't touched this game in weeks I think your are pretty retarded,,

I probably wiont get bored of this game for months and months since theres so much replay valule in it.  Also I never playe sober so everything is always fun.

One hit from the bong solves all boredom issues.

Personally I think anyone who puts bored in any post has some serious mental issues and should see a shrink.

RPhilMan1
  • RPhilMan1

Now or Never

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

I'm still around 35-40% completion of the story.  I can't play more than an hour at a time without losing interest.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:12 PM Edited by Thisnamehasnotbeentaken, 29 October 2013 - 09:13 PM.

Anyone else?

GTA Online hasn't been out for a month... So if you haven't touched this game in weeks I think your are pretty retarded,,

I probably wiont get bored of this game for months and months since theres so much replay valule in it.  Also I never playe sober so everything is always fun.

One hit from the bong solves all boredom issues.

Personally I think anyone who puts bored in any post has some serious mental issues and should see a shrink.

You're the one who is mentally retarded if you think just because someone hasn't played GTA V in a few weeks is retarded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users