Photo

MUTE BAN MAKING ME SICK

7 replies to this topic
Adam122490
  • Adam122490

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

Yea I got mute banned....reports were completely unfounded I didn't do anything....The the thing that really sucks is it doesn't even tell you when they will lift it...It just says something stupid like "be good and it will be lifted"  its been like five days...I mean srsly ?  E-mailed Rstar and they don't care.AND I haven't seen one dime from the stimulus package...what a croc of sh*t they deleted my character like 4 or 5 times...After all this happened I decided it would be a good time to start glitching. Needless to say I got my 500k muhahahahahahahahhahah I would advise anyone with any self respect to start glitching and take back what is ours. srsly

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

What is mute banned?

Adam122490
  • Adam122490

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

It disables all voice chat.

balmung03
  • balmung03

bawlz in the baygz

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:53 PM Edited by balmung03, 29 October 2013 - 12:55 PM.

It disables all voice chat.

To be honest, I rarely use my mic in GTA:O.  Almost no one else does, or I'll be in a lobby with 10 other people and maybe 1 or 2 has an active mic. (and also, more than likely one of them is either a high-pitch-voiced teen who can't stop yelling into his mouthpiece or someone speaking a language I don't understand, so good luck communicating with either of them)

Honestly, I keep on asking for games to allow for a filter so I can find more people that use mics, but no such luck yet.  Maybe I should make a crew for mics only...

I can definitely see how it would impact your ability to play with friends, but it strikes me as odd that such a ban should be in place while in an invite-only session (have you tried that?  just wondering).

• SiicKeX and DnBSoldierman like this

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

Game needs a f*ckin proximity chat, doesn't make sense that they expect 16 people to be able to carry out conversations at the same time over the same chat channel, all across the map. People either gotta shut up or party up, or find another way.

Mikerush76
  • Mikerush76

Easy Going Anti-Flaming Supporter!

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

Do you use Kinect for a mic and make everyone listen to your whole house?

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yea I got mute banned....reports were completely unfounded I didn't do anything....The the thing that really sucks is it doesn't even tell you when they will lift it...It just says something stupid like "be good and it will be lifted"  its been like five days...I mean srsly ?  E-mailed Rstar and they don't care.AND I haven't seen one dime from the stimulus package...what a croc of sh*t they deleted my character like 4 or 5 times...After all this happened I decided it would be a good time to start glitching. Needless to say I got my 500k muhahahahahahahahhahah I would advise anyone with any self respect to start glitching and take back what is ours. srsly

I hope you understand that "reports" are just that.  They report it to Rockstar, who then investigates and takes action based on the investigation--not the reports alone.   You can't honestly say that they were "completely unfounded and you didn't do anything."

chess zebra
  • chess zebra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:17 AM Edited by chess zebra, 22 January 2014 - 05:19 AM.

Thread starter is accurate. There is a system where if u are in server with two other people, they can kick you without provocation and this results in an automatic mute ban which has no specified end date.It happened to me. No rules broken, no insults over the MIC, just two kids majority voting a third person off the server and it has resulted in me being muted, going on 2 weeks and still counting.

I think it was some built in feature that is having unintended repercussions and rockstar hasn't heard enough complaints to get around to fixing it yet.
  • Saturn 3 likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users