Photo

Gangs of Los Santos

40 replies to this topic
Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

This is for people who are still confused about the gangs.

I've been doing a little research on gangs in Los Santos, many people still argue about the grove street families in San Andreas are non-existent in gta 5 and "The Families" are completely different or this is completely different universe etc etc.... 

First of all let me mention that Ballas are based off the "Bloods" gang in real-life Los Angeles and The Families are based off the "Crips" gang in Los Angeles.

ok so, San Andreas timeline was around 1991-1992, "Grove Street Families" (which Carl was part of) was a set of the main gang "The Families" so the families aren't a new green gang, it isn't a different universe. There are many different sets of the families and the ballas and each set mentions the location. e.g. Lamar and Franklin are part of the "Chamberlain families" which is a set of the main gang "the families". so in gta san andreas the story was about a set, not the whole gang. The green gang still exists its just that they dont have control over grove street anymore. so for people who keep wondering what happened to the grove street families, well they probably got wiped out by the ballas, its been 20 years since then so now the set in grove street must be called "the grove street ballas". Cj's house isn't there cos they probably destroyed it along with some other houses. A lot of things can happen in 20 years.

So for the people who think its completely different or new, then no its not, its just different timeline. The Families still exist but their set the grove street families probably forced to move out by the ballas and most of them dying in the process.

• Cake* Games and MarabuntaGrande like this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

Welcome to the forums man.

You are correct, the gangs are still the same (Families, Ballas) and the sets are different.

Did anyone else get a kick out of Underbelly of Paradise guy talking to the Ballas? 'Hey guys! You stay out of trouble now!'

It's only funny if you know the current gang situation in LA. Basically Bloods are way outnumbered by Crips, and Crips seem to be more interested in killing each other. Real sh*t, but funny nonetheless
  • KiiWiiDeee, SamHBS, Evo X Ali and 1 other like this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

No matter how many times you say this, people just don't seem to understand. I've actually been saying it since I got on this forum. So many fans of San Andreas but they didn't even understand the storyline or how gangs work in general. Because even GTA SA had Temple Drive Families, and another set that I can't remember. Just as real life gangs have different sets.

And this has been going on FOREVER, so it's really sad that people just can't comprehend.

@above: Is that Vicious from Cowboy Bebop in your avatar?

• Evo X Ali, Cake* Games and MarabuntaGrande like this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

^^^ Yup.

And yeah you're right, people still don't seem to understand the difference between gangs and sets.
  • Evo X Ali and Cake* Games like this

bensons
  • bensons

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

If the Ballas were based on the bloods gang then why were they in blue in San Andreas when the bloods dress in red?

Surely the crips who dress in blue in RL are what the Ballas are based on?

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

how do you get ballas based on blood and fam on crip? yeah crips kill each other the most but it also blood sets on each other now.. 

and cgf... got sh*t from gc... nhc.. and bpsj... they say gangstas movin- gangster crip saying... 

they say nayborhood.. or nhood or just naybor.... neighborhood crip saying..

they live in the jungles- black p stone jungles turf... and the carson ave families could also be based on multiple sets... for example rollin 50s... they have weight on slauson which is what carson ave seems to be based on..

or the 52 hoover gc... they have some turf on slauson along with 59 hcg..

they are based on both together... just crip on crip is old... its everybody for themselves.. with all the mexicans movin in.. anyway.. its crip on crip.. crip on blood.... crip on sur...

blood on blood... blood on crip... blood on sur..

sur on sur... sur on crip.. sur on blood...no gang nowadays is together as one... factions within crips are turnt up... like gc... the got beefs within... so do nhc

• Cake* Games and MarabuntaGrande like this

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

No matter how many times you say this, people just don't seem to understand. I've actually been saying it since I got on this forum. So many fans of San Andreas but they didn't even understand the storyline or how gangs work in general. Because even GTA SA had Temple Drive Families, and another set that I can't remember. Just as real life gangs have different sets.

And this has been going on FOREVER, so it's really sad that people just can't comprehend.

@above: Is that Vicious from Cowboy Bebop in your avatar?

This. But I wonder what gang those "red-wearing" and "blue-wearing" guys belong to.

They could be OGs or sumthn.

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

how do you get ballas based on blood and fam on crip? yeah crips kill each other the most but it also blood sets on each other now.. 

and cgf... got sh*t from gc... nhc.. and bpsj... they say gangstas movin- gangster crip saying... 

they live in the jungles- black p stone jungles turf... and the carson ave families could also be based on multiple sets... for example rollin 50s... they have weight on slauson which is what carson ave seems to be based on..

they are based on both together... just crip on crip is old... its everybody for themselves.. with all the mexicans movin in.. anyway.. its crip on crip.. crip on blood.... crip on sur...

sur on sur... sur on crip.. sur on blood...no gang nowadays is together as one... factions within crips are turnt up... like gc... the got beefs within... so do nhc

exactly this...

• MarabuntaGrande likes this

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

thats LA. atleast u kno ur sh*t. i dunno how ppl cant understand sets. lil hoe sh*t gettin outtin control tho. somebody get murked for it and then u got real beef over sum dumb sh*t. 

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

thats LA. atleast u kno ur sh*t. i dunno how ppl cant understand sets. lil hoe sh*t gettin outtin control tho. somebody get murked for it and then u got real beef over sum dumb sh*t. 

yeah i would think i know my sh*t that going on in my city cuh... 

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

lotta ppl here on this site dont kno accept about the same 5 of yall i see in every gangsta topic 

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

lotta ppl here on this site dont kno accept about the same 5 of yall i see in every gangsta topic 

dont know what? that im from the hub? and who them 5? getz... mrrightt.. savage.. general and someone else.. 

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

dont know what? that im from the hub? and who them 5? getz... mrrightt.. savage.. general and someone else.. 

dont kno the diff between gangs n sets. 

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

ohh.. so who are the same 5 lol

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

ohh.. so who are the same 5 lol

5 just a random number i tossed out but u named em

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

haha thought it would be them lol... 

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

R* should read this sh*t and have some a yall tell em how to make that gangsta ass dlc we all want. 

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

R* should read this sh*t and have some a yall tell em how to make that gangsta ass dlc we all want. 

damn... that sh*t would be hella tight... like we got mrrightt would get all them mexicans on point. he would go into extra detail n sh*t lol

getz would just be the nicca makin funny comments i think he a funny du.. 

i could get the blacc gangs on point.. have them based up in the right places.. no gangstas saying nhood and up in the jungles...

some real sets..

that sh*t would be dope...

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

No, what you're confusing is how storytelling works and how reality works. 

Rockstar are best looked at as a single author. In 2004 they wrote a story based upon the gangs in LA and while doing so they came up with names and looks for various gangs based upon the gangs in L.A. In this story they tell of a subset of the gang located in Grove Street and the adventures that the leader's brother goes through after their mom dies. 

In 2013 they wrote a new story, which involved a subplot about a gang member leaving gangs to go and be a bank robber. Rather than reinvent the wheel and come up with new gangs they just used the identities of the ones that they made before. It saves time and allows them to focus on the new story rather than fine detailing they don't need to focus on. To reference this fact they throw in a couple nods to their 2004 story by having a small chapter take place on Grove Street and mentioning a gang that once owned it. This doesn't mean that the stories actually both took place in the same universe because they changed things in such a way that it invalidates the original story. (Where is the bridge that the firetruck fell off of?) They did the same thing with GTA IV. (Where is the dam that Catalina fought us at?)

Maybe they'll connect them someday in the future, but we don't have proof. We have an acknowledgment that they know people liked San Andreas. 

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

damn... that sh*t would be hella tight... like we got mrrightt would get all them mexicans on point. he would go into extra detail n sh*t lol

i could get the blacc gangs on point.. have them based up in the right places.. no gangstas saying nhood and up in the jungles...

some real sets..

lol charge a commission. they can afford it

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

some real sets..

lol charge a commission. they can afford it

haha nah i would do that sh*t for free loc... because it would give us all i wanted..

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

No, what you're confusing is how storytelling works and how reality works. 

Rockstar are best looked at as a single author. In 2004 they wrote a story based upon the gangs in LA and while doing so they came up with names and looks for various gangs based upon the gangs in L.A. In this story they tell of a subset of the gang located in Grove Street and the adventures that the leader's brother goes through after their mom dies. 

In 2013 they wrote a new story, which involved a subplot about a gang member leaving gangs to go and be a bank robber. Rather than reinvent the wheel and come up with new gangs they just used the identities of the ones that they made before. It saves time and allows them to focus on the new story rather than fine detailing they don't need to focus on. To reference this fact they throw in a couple nods to their 2004 story by having a small chapter take place on Grove Street and mentioning a gang that once owned it. This doesn't mean that the stories actually both took place in the same universe because they changed things in such a way that it invalidates the original story. (Where is the bridge that the firetruck fell off of?) They did the same thing with GTA IV. (Where is the dam that Catalina fought us at?)

Maybe they'll connect them someday in the future, but we don't have proof. We have an acknowledgment that they know people liked San Andreas. 

f*ck all that long ass sh*t u said. i want some f*ckin gang wars dlc so they better just connect the dots and listen to the fans

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

It says on the GTA wiki that Ballas are based on Bloods and Families are based on Crips.

You can tell that is true because: 

1. "B" in Ballas

2. Crips are older than the bloods so in san andreas CJ came back to get what originally belonged to the families(Crips)

3. San andreas timeline was in 1992, it says on wikipedia that the crips gang rule and gang activity was all-time high in 1992. (the families ruled most of the area by the end of the game)

4. Crips are on the decline these days, just like in GTA the families are, and the bloods are on the rise just like ballas.

5. In the tv show made by Steve Haines the FIB agent, mentions that the families are on the decline and they just kill eachother now...

• pilscy likes this

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:41 AM Edited by Hussle, 30 October 2013 - 02:42 AM.

It says on the GTA wiki that Ballas are based on Bloods and Families are based on Crips.

You can tell that is true because: 

1. "B" in Ballas

2. Crips are older than the bloods so in san andreas CJ came back to get what originally belonged to the families(Crips)

3. San andreas timeline was in 1992, it says on wikipedia that the crips gang rule and gang activity was all-time high in 1992. (the families ruled most of the area by the end of the game)

4. Crips are on the decline these days, just like in GTA the families are, and the bloods are on the rise just like ballas.

5. In the tv show made by Steve Haines the FIB agent, mentions that the families are on the decline and they just kill eachother now...

look cuhz... you got that sh*t from the wiki.. some old denver whiteboys that aint know sh*t about crip or blood in l.a... i just proved by everything in my first post that they based on both.. and so what? families threw up the b... just cuz they got a b in their name dosent mean they based on blood cuh... and yeah crip is older than blood.. but ballas was formed first... yeah 92 was a turnt up time... sh*t had wars fucced up.. mad wars going on but alot of cease fires also happened in 92. 

the fucc? crips are on the decline? !!!! hahahahah LMFAO! crips are getting numbers everyday homie.. everyone that falls... another 1 or 2 pop right bacc up..

but the thing is.. its blood on the decline now.. bloods is killing each other homie! 

the thing is.. dont speak on sh*t you aint know sh*t about..

the only place where bloods really rule sh*t is inglewood... 

• Grand Theft Savage likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

4. Crips are on the decline these days, just like in GTA the families are, and the bloods are on the rise just like ballas...

What the f*ck?
  • Hussle likes this

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

4. Crips are on the decline these days, just like in GTA the families are, and the bloods are on the rise just like ballas...

What the f*ck?

like i said.. crip raise everyday.. bloods decline everyday... bloods is killing each other... and they had untiy for years.. crips only really had unity until 79... 

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

Once and for all, the grove street families are bloods, in san andreas, they throw up the blood sign. Ballas are crips. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by whatsstrength, 30 October 2013 - 03:30 AM.

Finally, someone gets it. Grove Street is just a set of "The Families". There was also Temple Drive and a few others mentioned in San Andreas. And then there's the mission "Re-uniting the Families", spelling it out for you in plain sight.

It's logical to assume that The Families gang in V is the same one from San Andreas, albeit with different continuity, lacking the history of CJ and Sweet, etc.

• Evo X Ali likes this

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

Once and for all, the grove street families are bloods, in san andreas, they throw up the blood sign. Ballas are crips. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

but how do you get to this? they are based on both.... not one... both.. 

and its families not grove street families.. gsf is a set..

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

No nigga, Fam and Ballas are both mixed. They based on Blood and Crip, not just one

Even in GTA V, Families is influenced by Blood and Crip

If there's any gang in SA or GTA V that's based off of just one gang, I say it's Vagos

• Official General and Hussle like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users