Photo

CRC & Catastrophic error

2 replies to this topic
Shmshd12
  • Shmshd12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Someone please help me find a solution for " Catastrophic error " found in GTA IV Installation.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

This generally indicates a physical problem with the disc. Are there any scratches on either of the discs?

You can try copying the contents of both the discs onto your HDD and try installing the game from there.

If that doesn't work, try installing the game on a different PC to ascertain if it's indeed a problem with the disc. In that case, you'll have to buy a new disc.

bloodnut
  • bloodnut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

hi 

i bought the game 3 weeks ago and keep getting the same CRC error  every time i have to re-install the game( 7 so far due to a zlib20 error) 

when the CRC error appears DON'T click on it to close the box, just eject the disk and put it back in, then wait for the box saying the disk is inserted to appear when it does close that down, then click on retry on your CRC error message 

I had to do this about 3 times on each disk  (installation takes ages but it will install ) 

also

install the latest games for windows and the latest drivers for you graphics card  before you install the game

then after install but before you start the game update to the latest patch 10 7 0 although this won't cure all the games many bugs  (I,m amazed just how many errors this game has its been out for ages and still has errors)

when you need to re-install the game and you will :)   make sure you revoke your activation code 

so you can put it back in when you install it again

and back up your saved games User/appdata/local/rockstargames /gtaiv/savegames

i had a problem at first but i started a new game till i got to the home appartment and saved the game at the bed then exit the game and copy the some save files from your old saved games folder to the new saved games folder but keep the new fist save slot (Dont just copy the old saved games folder over) 

then restart the game it will load to the brothers bellic once loaded press esc goto game and load your saved game from the slots there. Then you can carry on saving the game as normal 

then wait till it crashes again :)

i'm using windows 7 ultimate 64

hope this as been some help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users